ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith is Sam Bradford (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270160)

ChiefsCountry 02-18-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9413730)
Stats don't mean shit...

Russell is the next big thing (no pun).

He'll be the NFL standard for a decade.

I doubt it.

Mr. Laz 02-18-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9413621)
Landry Jones is Sam Bradford.

nah ... opposites imo

Jones is physically gifted but is a puss

Bradford has intangibles but not great physical tools

BossChief 02-18-2013 08:28 PM

It's fun watching Hootie sucking off Flutie 2.

B14ckmon 02-18-2013 08:47 PM

More like a poor man's Bradford.

O.city 02-18-2013 08:51 PM

Nobody bite.

RunKC 02-18-2013 08:59 PM

The Jagoff fan throwing another line in the water waiting for some dumb bastard to fall for his trolling.

Sorter 02-18-2013 09:04 PM

I think he's referring to Landry

RealSNR 02-18-2013 09:04 PM

Don't know why I didn't put that dumb slut on ignore a long time ago. It's obvious he contributes absolutely nothing to the board but to satisfy his own trolling erection.

Bewbies 02-18-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9413780)
These comparisons make me want Geno Less and Glennon more...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9...61vto1_400.gif

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-18-2013 09:31 PM

Nope. Try again please...
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman 02-18-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9413869)
It's fun watching Hootie sucking off Flutie 2.

I actually agree with Hootie.

It's not about his game.
It's about his presence.

Bump 02-18-2013 10:10 PM

if people want to compare Geno to Bradford. That's cool. Bradford is talented as ****. I wouldn't consider him a bust yet, he looked like he was getting better at the end of the year and well, even if their game was exactly the same (which it isn't), they are 2 different people and 1 will be better than the other.

DJ's left nut 02-18-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9413659)
Probably more than 10

Brady
Rodgers
Brees
manning
Manning
Wilson
Kaepernick
Flacco
Luck
RG3
Ryan
Rapist

And are you really willing to say that Romo, Cutler, Rivers and Stafford can't win a SB? Because if so, you're saying that Geno Smith will be a failure as a #1 draft pick if he isn't better than all 4 of those guys - damn, that's asking a shitload isn't it? With those 4 guys in the mix, you really do have the top 1/2 of the league as a 'championship caliber' QB.

Quarterback remains the most important position in sports, but it's also become the most overhyped. You absolutely, positively cannot win in the NFL with a bad quarterback. However, the more I've looked at the league over the last couple of months, the more I've realized that all you really need to have is a guy in the top 1/2 or so.

The reason you roll the dice on a guy like Geno Smith is that a truly elite QB is still a force multiplier and a nice way to cover for some weaknesses. It's no doubt easier to win with a top 5 guy.

But if 15 is the best you can do, take heart - you can still win and win big with that guy.

B14ckmon 02-18-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9413960)
The Jagoff fan throwing another line in the water waiting for some dumb bastard to fall for his trolling.

If you don't think Bradford was better coming out of Oklahoma, then you are ****ing high.

Excluding his injury season, he had 50 touchdowns to 8 interceptions and 4700 yards passing, as well as 5 rushing TDs his Sophomore year.

Hammock Parties 02-18-2013 10:12 PM

I don't see Flacco as better than Romo, Cutler or Rivers whatsoever.

In fact everyone here knows I have a hardon for Cutler and Rivers.

RunKC 02-18-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9414233)

That's funny because Flacco is the only QB listed with a SB ring.

RyFo18 02-18-2013 10:16 PM

I'll take Bradford, Cutler, Romo, or Flacco. No discrimination here. All can be successful in this league.

BossChief 02-18-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9414233)

That's because you never played and don't really understand why you play harder for guys that look at themselves as equal to the rest of the team and not above them.

There is a way to be a leader and there is a way to impersonate a leader.

I don't think Romo deserves to be mentioned with Cutler and Rivers...those two are crybabies.

Romo has just been undiciplined due to the coaching staffs he as played under.

Hammock Parties 02-18-2013 10:24 PM

That's stupid. Philip Rivers is a great teammate by all accounts.

His problem is shitty supporting cast and shitty head coach.

Shit, I'd trade the #1 for Rivers.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-18-2013 10:34 PM

So, aside from the fact that Geno has played in a pro-style offense, can actually complete passes downfield, has mobility, and has never been injured, he's Sam Bradford.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Hoover 02-18-2013 10:34 PM

I think Geno is a much better prospect than Bradford, but even if Geno turns out to be the second coming of Bradford I'm fine with it. Its time to roll the dice. It like the lottery folks say, you can't win if you don't play.

HotCarl 02-18-2013 10:34 PM

You know, Bradford had a different resume. It involved winning games in a major football conference, that kind of thing.

B14ckmon 02-18-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9414326)
I think Geno is a much better prospect than Bradford, but even if Geno turns out to be the second coming of Bradford I'm fine with it. Its time to roll the dice. It like the lottery folks say, you can't win if you don't play.

There is no god damn way Geno is a better prospect than Bradford was. Bradford was considered the inevitable #1 overall in 2009, instead went back to school, missed most of the season, and still went #1 overall in 2010.

I don't see people salivating over Geno outside of this forum.

Hammock Parties 02-18-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9414338)

Lots of Jaguars and Raiders fans are.

I had a friendly feud the last 8 weeks of the year with the guy who runs bigcatcountry.com. We both kept needling each other, insisting the other's team would **** up, win a game and blow the #1 pick.

I won. :D

B14ckmon 02-18-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9414360)
Lots of Jaguars and Raiders fans are.

I had a friendly feud the last 8 weeks of the year with the guy who runs bigcatcountry.com. We both kept needling each other, insisting the other's team would **** up, win a game and blow the #1 pick.

I won. :D

Was it the Alfie guy that everyone hates and that the readers of BCC made a post about the other day saying he needs to have less involvement with the site?

Yea that guy is a real charmer.

Hoover 02-18-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

There is no god damn way Geno is a better prospect than Bradford was. Bradford was considered the inevitable #1 overall in 2009, instead went back to school, missed most of the season, and still went #1 overall in 2010.

I don't give a fu@k about what the experts say. They opinions on Geno this year don't make any sense. Its bullshit.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-18-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9414274)
That's stupid. Philip Rivers is a great teammate by all accounts.

His problem is shitty supporting cast and shitty head coach.

Shit, I'd trade the #1 for Rivers.

Too far. Slow roll please...
Posted via Mobile Device

CaliforniaChief 02-18-2013 10:52 PM

I'm just ecstatic that someone could compare Geno to a white QB. Now we all persevere until the day when a white WR is not compared with Wes Welker.

Sorter 02-18-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9414225)
And are you really willing to say that Romo, Cutler, Rivers and Stafford can't win a SB? Because if so, you're saying that Geno Smith will be a failure as a #1 draft pick if he isn't better than all 4 of those guys - damn, that's asking a shitload isn't it? With those 4 guys in the mix, you really do have the top 1/2 of the league as a 'championship caliber' QB.

Quarterback remains the most important position in sports, but it's also become the most overhyped. You absolutely, positively cannot win in the NFL with a bad quarterback. However, the more I've looked at the league over the last couple of months, the more I've realized that all you really need to have is a guy in the top 1/2 or so.

The reason you roll the dice on a guy like Geno Smith is that a truly elite QB is still a force multiplier and a nice way to cover for some weaknesses. It's no doubt easier to win with a top 5 guy.

But if 15 is the best you can do, take heart - you can still win and win big with that guy.

No, I completely blanked on Romo, Cutler, and Stafford. Whoops.

Personally, I think Rivers is done. Romo and Cutler on their current teams make it difficult for them to reach a SB IMO but they could definitely do it as far as their individual talents go.

crazycoffey 02-18-2013 11:49 PM

So now geno is white?

aturnis 02-19-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 98)

That's b/c outside of this forum, the majority of fans fall in line with what the pundits say. Educated fans or not. The difference here is, Chiefs fans are sick and ****ing tired of Matt Cassel and every other QB in his image. We don't want it, we know where it gets us. Nowhere.

This team is too talented to finish 2-14.

BossChief 02-19-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9414328)
You know, Bradford had a different resume. It involved winning games in a major football conference, that kind of thing.

Didn't make reads in college.

Multiple injuries, including one that cost him his last year at Okl.

Strictly a shotgun spread monkey.

B14ckmon 02-19-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9414725)
That's b/c outside of this forum, the majority of fans fall in line with what the pundits say. Educated fans or not. The difference here is, Chiefs fans are sick and ****ing tired of Matt Cassel and every other QB in his image. We don't want it, we know where it gets us. Nowhere.

This team is too talented to finish 2-14.

Keep in mind, my team ALSO finished 2-14. I would still be uneasy with the Jaguars taking Geno. Especially with so many good prospects coming out next year.

But Bradford was absolutely insane in college.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9414733)
Didn't make reads in college.

Multiple injuries, including one that cost him his last year at Okl.

Strictly a shotgun spread monkey.

You should look up the percentages of first read passes by Geno. As well as what type of offense he played in...

jspchief 02-19-2013 12:39 AM

Ok so let's look deeper into the Bradford comparison.

Bradfords predraft cons:
1. Spread/shotgun QB.
2. Played on an exceptional team, behind a brick wall line. He faced very little adversity or pass rush in college.
3. What else? I remember those 2 as the main issues. He was pretty thin iirc.

Bradfords NFL shortcomings:
1. Plays poorly under QB pressure. Kind of goes back to #2 above. As good as his OU line was, his STL line has been bad. He's still learning to make plays under pursuit.
2.Durability? As others have said, he seems to always have something wrong with him.
3. What else?

Overall it seems that some of the pre draft concerns have been justified. It's also clear that he's played behind a bad line with limited weapons to throw to. If I'm a Rams fan, I would have expected better but certainly wouldn't be ready to flush.

B14ckmon 02-19-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9414742)

Bradfords predraft cons:
1. Spread/shotgun QB.
2. Played on an exceptional team, behind a brick wall line. He faced very little adversity or pass rush in college.

1. Plays poorly under QB pressure. Kind of goes back to #2 above. As good as his OU line was, his STL line has been bad. He's still learning to make plays under pursuit.
2.Durability? As others have said, he seems to always have something wrong with him.
3. What else?

Overall it seems that some of the pre draft concerns have been justified. It's also clear that he's played behind a bad line with limited weapons to throw to. If I'm a Rams fan, I would have expected better but certainly wouldn't be ready to flush.

There is a reason why Fisher slammed his glasses on the table when the Jags moved up to take the stud in my avatar. He was hoping to weaponize Bradford.

I still remember that game Bradford had against Texas Tech. That was redonk.

jspchief 02-19-2013 12:50 AM

Then how do Geno's cons compare?

1. His current system is also a spread. I know he played in a pro style, but don't pretend to know how his footwork looked in his dropbacks. Thats the biggest issue with spread QBs imo, footwork is 3, 5, and 7 step drops.

2. Geno has faced more adversity. Every game he played this year was on his shoulders due to poor defense. His "bad" games came against his toughest opponents, but how bad was he in those games?

3. Size? He's a little small, would like to see him thickened up, but he's been durable.

I don't think Geno joining the Chiefs would be as rough as Bradords introduction to the league. He'll have a better line, and better weapons (assuming Bowe and Albert return).

Geno's resume doesn't match Bradford's, but he didn't have the luxury of playing on the 2009 Sooners either.

B14ckmon 02-19-2013 12:55 AM

Dear lord...did you just say Geno faced more adversity? Geno was barely on the map last year.

Bradford spent an entire sophomore season contending for a national title, winning the Big 12, then losing in the national championship. And then he got injured and missed almost an entire year.

Unless your definition of adversity only includes the quality of their own team. Which would be stupid.

jspchief 02-19-2013 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9414760)
Dear lord...did you just say Geno faced more adversity? Geno was barely on the map last year.

Bradford spent an entire sophomore season contending for a national title, winning the Big 12, then losing in the national championship. And then he got injured and missed almost an entire year.

Unless your definition of adversity only includes the quality of their own team. Which would be stupid.

Bradford's qb'd a ton of blowouts playing for an exceptional team behind an incredible Oline.

I'm certain it was an issue in pre draft evaluations. He played on a big stage, but he was surrounded by stellar college talent.

NJChiefsFan 02-19-2013 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9414597)
No, I completely blanked on Romo, Cutler, and Stafford. Whoops.

Personally, I think Rivers is done. Romo and Cutler on their current teams make it difficult for them to reach a SB IMO but they could definitely do it as far as their individual talents go.

I don't think Rivers is done. I do think he was burnt out on that team the way they were. Get some new life in him and I think he will be ok. Him and Romo need to get over the hump and stop making bonehead mistakes at the worst times. Maybe they won't, but I still think they both have a chance. I would not be upset if Rivers was the QB of the Chiefs.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-19-2013 01:10 AM

Bradford had six NFL starters on his offense alone, with several other NFL players as backup depth or NFL backups as starters.

He might have played on the most talented college offense of the last decade.

You could plug almost anyone into that system and they would put up ungodly numbers.

Hammock Parties 02-19-2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9414768)
You could plug almost anyone into that system and they would put up ungodly numbers.

http://www.thelostogle.com/wp-conten...ason_White.jpg

RunKC 02-19-2013 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9414768)
Bradford had six NFL starters on his offense alone, with several other NFL players as backup depth or NFL backups as starters.

He might have played on the most talented college offense of the last decade.

This x1,000. Bradford and Leinart had amazing supporting casts in college.

jspchief 02-19-2013 01:56 AM

Quote:

Bradford was nowhere close to an "inevitable" #1 overall in 2009. Stafford and even Sanchez were in the conversation.

As for being taken #1 overall in 2010, well it wasn't exactly a bumper crop on QBs.

Tribal Warfare 02-19-2013 02:45 AM

Geno combine must face **** the combine to shut naysayer assholes up.

patteeu 02-19-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9413452)
We're to assume that everyone thinks Bradford is a bust, so comparing Smith and Bradford makes Smith an automatic future bust. At least that's what I get from the passive aggressive feel of the thread title.

Then, there's the actual write up from the article, which doesn't exactly paint Geno in a terrible light....

This seems like a passive aggressive post.

RealSNR 02-19-2013 07:42 AM

http://whatgifs.com/wp-content/uploa...the-christ.gif

SAUTO 02-19-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9413815)
so you think a season in which a qb was hurt twice and threw for less than six hundred yards was more impressive than Geno last year?
Posted via Mobile Device

?

Deberg_1990 02-19-2013 08:22 AM

I wouldnt call Bradford a bust. He just doesnt seem like he has a high upside.

Hes pretty blah.....sort of like Alex Smith was at #1.

htismaqe 02-19-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9414765)
I don't think Rivers is done. I do think he was burnt out on that team the way they were. Get some new life in him and I think he will be ok. Him and Romo need to get over the hump and stop making bonehead mistakes at the worst times. Maybe they won't, but I still think they both have a chance. I would not be upset if Rivers was the QB of the Chiefs.

Rivers was "done" the day he was drafted.

Guys with his mental makeup will never win shit.

htismaqe 02-19-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9414742)

Bradfords predraft cons:
1. Spread/shotgun QB.

3. What else?

Great post.

Deberg_1990 02-19-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9414923)

I agree with you here, but he was worth being picked where he was picked at the time.

Deberg_1990 02-19-2013 08:32 AM

So if they are both the same guy, why was Bradford the consensus #1 when he came out and the experts have been sort of blah about Geno? I dont get it....

duncan_idaho 02-19-2013 08:33 AM

Smith v. Bradford

Pros for Smith:

1) Less help in college. Smith has made throws under pressure and has had to get used to getting the ball out quickly, sliding to avoid pressure, making throws with pressure in his face, etc. Bradford did not face the same challenges in college.

2) More raw arm strength. The one knock on Bradford is that his arm was just "OK" for the NFL. Smith has flashed above-average arm strength.

3) DOwnfield accuracy. Smith has shown it. Bradford lived on slants in college and wasn't the deep shot artist Geno is.

Pros for Bradford

1) Played in more multiple offenses (they spent most of their time in the spread, but especially his first season as a starter, they took a lot of snaps from center, too).

2) More success. Bradford won more games in college (you can list this if you really want, though I place little stock in it).

Just my thoughts.

RyFo18 02-19-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9414932)
So if they are both the same guy, why was Bradford the consensus #1 when he came out and the experts have been sort of blah about Geno? I dont get it....

Because at this point in time hindsight tells us that Bradford probably shouldn't have been the consensus #1?

duncan_idaho 02-19-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

1) Bradford played at a traditional power that was in the national title hunt both years he was healthy.

2) Bradford is white.

Deberg_1990 02-19-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9414937)
1) Bradford played at a traditional power that was in the national title hunt both years he was healthy.

2) Bradford is white.

Unfortunately, im starting to believe just this.

Chiefnj2 02-19-2013 08:37 AM

A month ago Brooks compared Smith to Jason Campbell.

duncan_idaho 02-19-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9414941)
Unfortunately, im starting to believe just this.

Oh, also... Bradford is represented by Tom Condon of CAA...

jspchief 02-19-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9414915)
I wouldnt call Bradford a bust. He just doesnt seem like he has a high upside.

Hes pretty blah.....sort of like Alex Smith was at #1.

imo Bradford is better at this point in his career than Smith was. I thought he looked pretty good this year when Amendola was healthy. Maybe not yet #1 overall good, but he played well enough to give Rams fans hope. But I do see where you're coming from that he just doesn't seem to have that whatever it is.

I guess a point comes when you have to stop making excuses for a guy, but Bradford has had a really shitty line and crap for receivers for most of his career.

RyFo18 02-19-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9414951)
imo Bradford is better at this point in his career than Smith was. I thought he looked pretty good this year when Amendola was healthy. Maybe not yet #1 overall good, but he played well enough to give Rams fans hope. But I do see where you're coming from that he just doesn't seem to have that whatever it is.

I guess a point comes when you have to stop making excuses for a guy, but Bradford has had a really shitty line and crap for receivers for most of his career.

The common thing w/ Bradford and Smith was neither had any consistency in terms of coaching. I think Smith had like 6 OC's in 5 years and Bradford has had 3 in 3 years. This will be the first season where he's actually had some continuity. I think his game to the next level this season (and they get him some help at WR).

Easy 6 02-19-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9413452)
We're to assume that everyone thinks Bradford is a bust, so comparing Smith and Bradford makes Smith an automatic future bust. At least that's what I get from the passive aggressive feel of the thread title.

Then, there's the actual write up from the article, which doesn't exactly paint Geno in a terrible light....

Yeah, i'd say its far more positive than negative... if he's Bradford with a stronger arm, sign me up.

jspchief 02-19-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9414934)
Because at this point in time hindsight tells us that Bradford probably shouldn't have been the consensus #1?

Consensus 1? Maybe not. Top QB taken? Who else would you have taken? Should they have just sat on their hands for 2 years so they could have RG3?

And #1 overall in 2010 was a helluva lot bigger commitment than #1 overall is in 2013

jspchief 02-19-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9414957)
The common thing w/ Bradford and Smith was neither had any consistency in terms of coaching. I think Smith had like 6 OC's in 5 years and Bradford has had 3 in 3 years. This will be the first season where he's actually had some continuity. I think his game to the next level this season (and they get him some help at WR).

They have excuses.

And am I being a homer when I say I think KC is the best "worst team in football" in a long time?

patteeu 02-19-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9414923)

He's the guy I hear people comparing Geno Smith to when it comes to mental makeup/composure. I don't know how fair that comparison is, but it's one of the areas of concern for Smith.

RealSNR 02-19-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9415052)
They have excuses.

And am I being a homer when I say I think KC is the best "worst team in football" in a long time?

Considering the 0-16 Lions, 1-15 Rams, 1-15 Panthers, and already talent-depleted Colts minus Peyton Manning, no I don't think you'd be wrong saying that. I think we're the first team in a long time to reach that low point in spite of a magnificent ball carrier, pretty good offensive line, and some talent here and there at LB and secondary.

jspchief 02-19-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9415075)
He's the guy I hear people comparing Geno Smith to when it comes to mental makeup/composure. I don't know how fair that comparison is, but it's one of the areas of concern for Smith.

Really? I honestly don't see that at all. Hell, I'm trying to think of a single game where he lost his composure.

jspchief 02-19-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9415076)
Considering the 0-16 Lions, 1-15 Rams, 1-15 Panthers, and already talent-depleted Colts minus Peyton Manning, no I don't think you'd be wrong saying that. I think we're the first team in a long time to reach that low point in spite of a magnificent ball carrier, pretty good offensive line, and some talent here and there at LB and secondary.

Yeah, if we bring in a rookie QB, he's not coming into a trainwreck. But by the same token, he doesn't have as many excuses.

htismaqe 02-19-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9415082)
Yeah, if we bring in a rookie QB, he's not coming into a trainwreck. But by the same token, he doesn't have as many excuses.

Absolutely no excuses.

A rook should be able to win 6 games with this team.

If they bring in a vet like Alex Smith, they should make the playoffs.

patteeu 02-19-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9415079)
Really? I honestly don't see that at all. Hell, I'm trying to think of a single game where he lost his composure.

I think it's based on a few sideline incidents. I didn't see those incidents, I'm just passing on what I heard. I believe Smith's coaches and teammates have downplayed those incidents too. That's why I said I wasn't sure how fair the comparisons are.

Messier 02-19-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9415079)

Pinstripe bowl

ChiliConCarnage 02-19-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

The person who made the comparisons in the article has the Chiefs taking Geno Smith #1 overall.

They're just comparisons to player type though I think. I doubt he believes Kenny Vaccaro is going to have the same kind of career Charles Woodson did. He just means he's a hybrid type safety.

Mr. Laz 02-19-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9414815)
Geno combine must face **** the combine to shut naysayer assholes up.

will he throw at the combine?

htismaqe 02-19-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9415341)
will he throw at the combine?

He said he will.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-19-2013 11:32 AM

college w/l record is teh most important over skillz and teh intagibles HERP DERP DERP DERP!
Posted via Mobile Device

MahiMike 02-19-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9413451)
I've always thought Bradford was overrated, especially since his surrounding talent at OU was phenomenal.

And LOL at Fisher for sticking with this guy when you could have had RG3. So glad we didn't hire Fisher here. We would have continued our excellence of 8-8.

Yeah, I'm sure those 4 1st-round picks in the next 2 drafts will pale in comparison to broke-knee RG3.

Chiefnj2 02-19-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9415086)
I think it's based on a few sideline incidents. I didn't see those incidents, I'm just passing on what I heard. I believe Smith's coaches and teammates have downplayed those incidents too. That's why I said I wasn't sure how fair the comparisons are.

Holgorsen pretty directly stated that Smith tried to press and force things, exacerbating the blowout (via KStateSports):

"He was, and we all were. We talked about it all week. ‘Don't get impatient. Don't get impatient.' You have the ball a couple of times and you look up there and you're down 17 points. You start pressing. It's inevitable. We were trying to score 14 points in one play. That is just not very good offensive football. You can't have that mindset."

BWillie 02-19-2013 11:58 AM

Exactly. Very similar to Sam Bradford, which is the very reason I don't want to draft him #1.

ct 02-19-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9413451)
I've always thought Bradford was overrated, especially since his surrounding talent at OU was phenomenal.

And LOL at Fisher for sticking with this guy when you could have had RG3. So glad we didn't hire Fisher here. We would have continued our excellence of 8-8.

They didn't necessarily choose Bradford over RG3.

They chose to keep developing Bradford plus

Moving down to #6 (traded again to Dallas for #14 DT Michael Brockers and #45, traded again to Bears for #50 RB Isaiah Pead, outplayed by 7th round RB Daryl Washington, and #150 OT Watkins, whom I know nothing about) Note Chicago used #45 on WR Alshon Jeffrey, whom I think would have helped STL more than Brian Quick, or Pead and a 5th round OT.
and 2nd round #39 CB Janoris Jenkins
and 2013 1st round pick (#22)
and 2014 1st round pick (TBD)

Worth it? Only time will tell, but two 1st round picks the next couple years is a good position to build around Bradford IMO.

ToxSocks 02-19-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9415546)
Exactly. Very similar to Sam Bradford, which is the very reason I don't want to draft him #1.

I musta missed all the Bradford comparisons you were making prior to this thread.

Bowser 02-19-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9415546)

What exactly are they similar with? Height?