ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Drugs and alcohol (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269487)

Nzoner 01-30-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 9365226)
Yeah. He forgot to list munchies.

CHEETOS!!!! :)

Lumpy 01-30-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 9365232)
CHEETOS!!!! :)

FUNYUNS!!

htismaqe 01-30-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9365229)
Weed takes a few hits to get a head change, and typically a joint costs about $5 that you can share with a group of people.

It takes about 6 beers to get me buzzed, and then I'm bloated and I wake up with a headache the next day. 6 beers at a restaurant or bar is about $25+.

If you're getting the RIGHT weed, it only takes ONE hit to get a head change. ;)

A person that only smokes by themselves, on occasion, smoking the good stuff, could literally make $50 worth last WEEKS.

Can't do that with booze. Nor can you catch a mind altering booze buzz without ruining the day after.

htismaqe 01-30-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 9365238)
FUNYUNS!!

Original flavor CHEX MIX.

http://bargainbriana.com/wp-content/...s/chex-mix.jpg

Nzoner 01-30-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9365243)
If you're getting the RIGHT weed, it only takes ONE hit to get a head change. ;)

Power Plant :)

Fish 01-30-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9365215)
Because weed is not fun, AT ALL IMO. Truth be told, I do agree it's less dangerous than alcohol. But it is like the least fun drug ever. Makes me just want to sit around, do nothing, and stare at something.

Yeah. And you know what else sucks? Tits and ass. Boring.....

Also, I've always found BBQ to be bland and nasty.

Chief Roundup 01-30-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 9365238)
FUNYUNS!!

Velvetta, Rotel with Italian Sausage and of course some Tostitos. Oh Yeah!

htismaqe 01-30-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9365265)

COMMUNIST!!!

DaneMcCloud 01-30-2013 02:52 PM

No. Plus, in Cali, all you need is a prescription, which couldn't be any easier obtain.

It won't be long before it's legal throughout the U.S.

It just doesn't make sense for marijuana to be illegal in 2013.

DaFace 01-30-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9365269)
No. Plus, in Cali, all you need is a prescription, which couldn't be any easier obtain.

It won't be long before it's legal throughout the U.S. It just doesn't make sense to make it illegal in 2013.

Yeah, I'm pretty confident it's only a matter of time at this point. Colorado and Washington will prove that it's no big deal over the next few years, and then things will move pretty quickly for the rest of the country. I'd be surprised if more than a handful of states still have it illegal a decade from now.

-King- 01-30-2013 02:54 PM

Yes.

I am biased because I don't drink much but I do smoke. You can control what you do when you're high, but not when you're drunk. It's not even a comparison which one is more dangerous.

Molitoth 01-30-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9365273)
Yeah, I'm pretty confident it's only a matter of time at this point. Colorado and Washington will prove that it's no big deal over the next few years, and then things will move pretty quickly for the rest of the country. I'd be surprised if more than a handful of states still have it illegal a decade from now.

The last states to legalize will be Kansas and Missouri, just you watch.

htismaqe 01-30-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9365273)

That's the one good thing about living in Iowa, we'll be towards the front of the line.

-King- 01-30-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9365215)
Because weed is not fun, AT ALL IMO. Truth be told, I do agree it's less dangerous than alcohol. But it is like the least fun drug ever. Makes me just want to sit around, do nothing, and stare at something.

Have you ever jerked off while high? No lie, it will change your life.

DaFace 01-30-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9365280)
The last states to legalize will be Kansas and Missouri, just you watch.

Wouldn't surprise me - especially Kansas.

htismaqe 01-30-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9365274)
Yes.

I am biased because I don't drink much but I do smoke. You can control what you do when you're high, but not when you're drunk. It's not even a comparison which one is more dangerous.

You certainly CAN control what you do when you're drinking but if you're capable, I would argue you're NOT DRUNK. ;)

The point of gratification with drink is just slightly past the point of no return. No thanks, do not enjoy.

htismaqe 01-30-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9365285)

OMFG

TMI

TMI

-King- 01-30-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9365289)
You certainly CAN control what you do when you're drinking but if you're capable, I would argue you're NOT DRUNK. ;)

The point of gratification with drink is just slightly past the point of no return. No thanks, do not enjoy.

I've only been drunk once in my life. I just don't enjoy the feeling of not knowing what you did the previous day. I don't understand how people like that.

Chief Roundup 01-30-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9365285)

Uh how about just having the real thing instead of your hand.

DaneMcCloud 01-30-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9364943)
I work with some high profile individuals in companies with household names.

The idea that potheads are all burned-out losers is fallacious to say the least.

Many of the most successful people I know smoke every single day. Some guys smoke when they work because they say is keeps them "focused", other do it to chill the **** out after a long day.

It's pure fallacy that it makes you a complete couch potato that doesn't give a shit about life.

DaFace 01-30-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9365323)
Many of the most successful people I know smoke every single day. Some guys smoke when they work because they say is keeps them "focused", other do it to chill the **** out after a long day.

It's pure fallacy that it makes you a complete couch potato that doesn't give a shit about life.

I think most of the perception stems from the fact that it IS illegal. Since that's the case, people who are trying to get ahead in life keep it covert, while those who are more of the "burn out" types don't care and, thus, are more visible.

As it becomes more commonly accepted, I think the perception will slowly change.

Strongside 01-30-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9365323)

Basically half my family are functioning stoners. It's never been my thing, but I don't demonize it. I'm for legalization 100%. Take money from the dealers and cartels and help out our national debt...it only makes sense.

So many people hate this 'drug' without ever having tried it or done any actual research on it. Sure, people can abuse it...just like anything. Obesity is our country's biggest issue right now, but we're not banning cholesterol.

There is a reason that any pot dealer you encounter doesn't want this thing legalized. These guys are illegally making money hand over fist off of the shit. People are dying in mass numbers every day in Mexico because of it. Legalize it, tax it, and treat it with the same laws as alcohol.

It also bothers me when people pull the 'drugs destroy families' card when it comes to pot. The only way pot destroys your family is if the individual(s) using it don't have their priorities straight. They, like I said before, abuse it...lose motivation and become content. My dad has smoked grass for as long as I can remember. I knew from an early age that it was illegal, but I never understood why. He didn't abuse it, he didn't become mean when he was on it (like he did when he drank) and he wasn't hurting anyone. My mom doesn't smoke, but they got along fine and still do. You could easily say that he was setting a bad example for his kids, but I don't smoke today either...and if that did pop into your head, do you drink in front of your kids? Because it's the same damn thing.

The bottom line is that if you drink, don't hate on pot. It's virtually the same concept. One directly kills people in mass numbers though, and it ain't the trees.

bevischief 01-30-2013 03:27 PM

Make it legal and tax it. There is so many uses for it, it is not funny. Between the tax benefit and the releasing of the people in prison for it would free up a lot money. Just apply the same laws as cigarettes for smoking it in public and apply

Strongside 01-30-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9365360)
Make it legal and tax it. There is so many uses for it, it is not funny. Between the tax benefit and the releasing of the people in prison for it would free up a lot money. Just apply the same laws as cigarettes for smoking it in public and apply

The prison release thing is a whole different animal. You can't just release guys that went in 10 years ago on a pot bust and have since become institutionalized criminals. It's sad, but a large portion of those who go through the penal system come out far worse than when they went in. It dehumanizes people, puts you into a routine, and, in some cases, turns people into killers.

BigMeatballDave 01-30-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9365265)

LMAO

bevischief 01-30-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9365370)
The prison release thing is a whole different animal. You can't just release guys that went in 10 years ago on a pot bust and have since become institutionalized criminals. It's sad, but a large portion of those who go through the penal system come out far worse than when they went in. It dehumanizes people, puts you into a routine, and, in some cases, turns people into killers.

That is up to the parole broad to make that decision. My family has been in law enforcement for about the last 40 years. With over 27 years in the Bureau of prisons. I have had a personal tour of the federal prison in Leavenworth, KS by my dad. I know all about institutionalized inmates.

DC.chief 01-30-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9365314)

Or have the real thing while high.. Its the greatest thing. Jerking it high is great as well.

I'd like to add that the stoner stereotype is kinda bullshit. Of course there are plenty turds that fit that build though. I personally smoke everyday. Sometimes before I go in to work in the morning. And believe it or not, I have my shit together. I have several friends that smoke as much or maybe even more than me that are very successful as well.

ThaVirus 01-30-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9365301)
I've only been drunk once in my life. I just don't enjoy the feeling of not knowing what you did the previous day. I don't understand how people like that.

Dude, you just have to know when to quit. I can go out, sip on 4 or 5 beers, FEEL AMAZING, then tell you damn near exactly what I did the night before.

Alcohol really is a great social lubricant. It's the idiots that don't know when to stop that ruin it for everyone.

Chief Roundup 01-30-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC.chief (Post 9365439)
Or have the real thing while high.

Duh wasn't that implied?

oldman 01-30-2013 04:34 PM

Having survived the '60s and early '70s and having a pretty good life, I support legalizing pot. Like someone said earlier, legalize it, regulate it's quality, and tax it. It won't drive the cartels completely out of business, but it'll put a dent in their net worth. As for making liquor illegal, nope. I think we've tried that once before and it didn't work, it just spawned the early cartels, aka Organized Crime.
With any mind/mood altering substance, you have to know your limits. It doesn't matter if it's grass, beer, or Zoloft.

Dayze 01-30-2013 04:36 PM

as a youth, we used to spend about $5 on a 12 pack of Nat light; smoke up; and watch American Gladiators, followed by Baywatch Nights.

good times.

htismaqe 01-30-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC.chief (Post 9365439)
Or have the real thing while high.. Its the greatest thing. Jerking it high is great as well.

I'd like to add that the stoner stereotype is kinda bullshit. Of course there are plenty turds that fit that build though. I personally smoke everyday. Sometimes before I go in to work in the morning. And believe it or not, I have my shit together. I have several friends that smoke as much or maybe even more than me that are very successful as well.

I tend to look at it this way:

Pot smokers aren't losers but I know a lot of losers that smoke pot.

People that don't have their shit straight do all kinds of stupid things and a great many of them haven't ever smoked pot. Pot didn't cause them to be wastoids, they were that way to being with.

htismaqe 01-30-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9365451)
Dude, you just have to know when to quit. I can go out, sip on 4 or 5 beers, FEEL AMAZING, then tell you damn near exactly what I did the night before.

Alcohol really is a great social lubricant. It's the idiots that don't know when to stop that ruin it for everyone.

Sometimes I like to completely alter my perception. Can't do that on 4 or 5 beers and definitely can't do that and feel fine the next morning...

Strongside 01-30-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9365509)
Sometimes I like to completely alter my perception. Can't do that on 4 or 5 beers and definitely can't do that and feel fine the next morning...

I know that feel bro...
http://forum.grasscity.com/photopost...1/shrooms3.jpg

bevischief 01-30-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Yep.

-King- 01-30-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9365314)

Nope. When you're high and having sex you tend to think too much instead of just enjoying it. Masturbating is just a simple process.

ThaVirus 01-30-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9365509)

Yeah, I get that urge VERY infrequently. I like to be in control, or at least feel like it; and when I get to the point where I know I'm twisted, it loses its appeal to me. Not to mention the bullshit ass hangover the next day. The headache and lethargic feeling is enough to make me cap myself at 5 or 6 drinks.

Also, I'm a pretty mellow guy (surprisingly even more mellow when drunk), but I can't be responsible for my actions after I've reached a certain point. When I've had too many I'll start saying everything that comes to my mind and dealing with the fallout (especially with women) the next day just isn't worth it..

Strongside 01-30-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9365549)
Nope. When you're high and having sex you tend to think too much instead of just enjoying it. Masturbating is just a simple process.

I had sex on X once in college. It was mindblowing.

-King- 01-30-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

I know. I drink socially on occasion. Last time I drank alcohol was new years, and before that... I honestly couldn't tell you.

Just my preference. I'd rather chill with friends with some weed than alcohol.

htismaqe 01-30-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9365550)
Yeah, I get that urge VERY infrequently. I like to be in control, or at least feel like it;

See, that's the rub for me.

With alcohol, completely altering perception and being "out of control" are inseparable. The amount of alcohol it takes for me to be "in another world" is also the amount of alcohol that has me dancing in public fountains, not remembering a thing I did, and feeling like shit the next morning.

With marijuana, being "out of control" isn't even part of the picture. I can completely step off into the 12th dimension and not have to worry about doing something stupid that I don't remember the next day. Even when I'm talking to Jesus, I'm still in complete control.

ThaVirus 01-30-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9365583)
See, that's the rub for me.

With alcohol, completely altering perception and being "out of control" are inseparable. The amount of alcohol it takes for me to be "in another world" is also the amount of alcohol that has me dancing in public fountains, not remembering a thing I did, and feeling like shit the next morning.

With marijuana, being "out of control" isn't even part of the picture. I can completely step off into the 12th dimension and not have to worry about doing something stupid that I don't remember the next day. Even when I'm talking to Jesus, I'm still in complete control.

Yeah, I feel what you're saying. That's one of the reasons I wish I was a smoker as opposed to a drinker.

The problem for me is that I get paranoid and legitimately think I'm going to die when I smoke. Everything slows down, I can hear/feel my heartbeat (which is usually beating wayyy faster than it should) and get really scared. That and the fact that I get probably the worst cotton mouth imaginable pretty much ruins the high for me.

Dayze 01-30-2013 05:16 PM

I've even had the option to smooke over the years. Maybe have taken a puff or two once in a very very blue moon.

even if i was legal, I'm not even sure I'd smoke all that often, if at all.

hmmm. Interesting - I wonder if it would effect me.

houstonwhodat 01-30-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9364124)
not to get completely DC/off-track, but the fact that weed is illegal is reeruned.

and I haven't smoked in probably 20 years.

This is why I'm moving to Colorado ASAP.

houstonwhodat 01-30-2013 05:52 PM

I got my dog high once and she peed on the couch.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-30-2013 06:02 PM

I quit smoking pot a while back, and I consume more alcohol than I ever have. That said if only one can be legal, weed is the easy winner. Alcohol does so much more harm than good, and weed doesn't do any real harm at all besides robbing some of it's users of their motivation and ambition.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-30-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9365687)
This is why I'm moving to Colorado ASAP.

Seattle is better, and their law is better too for the common smoker. Money is better up there as well.

houstonwhodat 01-30-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9365715)
Seattle is better, and their law is better too for the common smoker. Money is better up there as well.

OK either or.

I like the mountains though, seems like it is always raining in Seattle.

htismaqe 01-30-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9365717)
OK either or.

I like the mountains though, seems like it is always raining in Seattle.

There's mountains in Seattle. And a lot less snow...

BWillie 01-31-2013 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9365600)
Yeah, I feel what you're saying. That's one of the reasons I wish I was a smoker as opposed to a drinker.

The problem for me is that I get paranoid and legitimately think I'm going to die when I smoke. Everything slows down, I can hear/feel my heartbeat (which is usually beating wayyy faster than it should) and get really scared. That and the fact that I get probably the worst cotton mouth imaginable pretty much ruins the high for me.

Yeah I get the same thing in addition to just sitting somewhere indefinitely just looking at shit. It just isnt fun for me at all. I don't drink often anymore, probably twice a month and its jus5 a more fun, free feeling. If you just have enough to get you buzzed thats all you really need. I only get hung over if I just go get plowed. Even if I have 7 or 8 I still fe3l perfectly fine the next day.

AussieChiefsFan 01-31-2013 05:52 AM

Neither should be illegal IMO

BigMeatballDave 01-31-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9366815)
Yeah I get the same thing in addition to just sitting somewhere indefinitely just looking at shit. It just isnt fun for me at all. I don't drink often anymore, probably twice a month and its jus5 a more fun, free feeling. If you just have enough to get you buzzed thats all you really need. I only get hung over if I just go get plowed. Even if I have 7 or 8 I still fe3l perfectly fine the next day.

It's not for everyone.

I remember this dude used throw up every time he got high. He tried to get used to it, but could not.

A few years later, he started smoking meth.

Go figure. :)

htismaqe 01-31-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9367000)
It's not for everyone.

I remember this dude used throw up every time he got high. He tried to get used to it, but could not.

A few years later, he started smoking meth.

Go figure. :)

Definitely not for pussies. :p

I had a roommate who would get dizzy all the time.

So I made him listen to "Billy the Mountain" once - he puked all over our neighbor. ROFL

patteeu 01-31-2013 09:22 AM

I'm curious about the motivation behind this poll. It seems like a strange question.

htismaqe 01-31-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9367141)
I'm curious about the motivation behind this poll. It seems like a strange question.

He's a government informant.

Rausch 01-31-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9365607)

even if i was legal, I'm not even sure I'd smoke all that often, if at all.

hmmm. Interesting - I wonder if it would effect me.

This.

Even once legal employers will frown upon either one being in your system...

Rausch 01-31-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9367185)
He's a government informant.

That's SNArc...

htismaqe 01-31-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9367187)
This.

Even once legal employers will frown upon either one being in your system...

Depends on the employer and your position.

The more menial the job and the lower you are on the totem pole, the more it matters.

Rausch 01-31-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9367191)
Depends on the employer and your position.

The more menial the job and the lower you are on the totem pole, the more it matters.

Airline Pilots are menial jobs?...

htismaqe 01-31-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9367196)
Airline Pilots are menial jobs?...

You found a solid exception.

Rausch 01-31-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9367209)
You found a solid exception.

Military?

Law enforcement?

FBI?

CIA?...

Saul Good 01-31-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9367141)

Someone made a post in another thread about legalizing weed because it's safer than alcohol, so I thought it would be interesting to see where people stood if it were an either/or situation. Frankly, I'm stunned that this many people sided with weed.

htismaqe 01-31-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9367216)
Military?

Law enforcement?

FBI?

CIA?...

I know quite a few guys in law enforcement that aren't regularly drug tested.

The other 3 are government jobs, I'm talking about common folk.

EDIT: And I guarantee you that as you advance in the ranks of the CIA or FBI, the "tolerance" goes WAY up.

Rausch 01-31-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9367228)
EDIT: And I guarantee you that as you advance in the ranks of the CIA or FBI, the "tolerance" goes WAY up.

The more power you gain the less you're subjected to anything.

Not in all cases, but most, the more physical labor you do the less you get paid...

htismaqe 01-31-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9367237)
The more power you gain the less you're subjected to anything.

That was my point.

The reality is, unless your job involves your own safety (like in a manufacturing setting where they have OSHA regulations) or someone else's (your example of an air traffic controller), you're not getting drug tested unless you do something REALLY stupid.

A lot of companies just don't mess with it anymore, except for perhaps at the date of initial hire.