ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* 2013 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268371)

BigCatDaddy 01-28-2013 02:55 PM

I'm busting balls to hit a 400lb bench this year. I had the same goal last year but tore my rotator cuff and couldnt bench from about Feb to October. I'm probably back up to 360-365 right now.

Silock 01-28-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9358775)
I don't do heavy lifting. My strength training is mostly pushup/situp variations with dumbbells/kettles from 3-25 pounds depending on the exercise.

Whatevs. You'll be fine.

And yes, Trutein tastes amazing, particularly the Cinnabun flavor.

Dayze 01-28-2013 03:57 PM

I think back to my Navy days; I used to lift for about 45 minutes 5 days a week, then run 3 miles afterwards.

....I couldn't do that now if my life depended on it lol

lewdog 01-28-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9357965)
Does anyone have any advice/recommendations on protein powders? How many grams per day?

I've been told I need one gram per pound of body weight per day, but holy shit...that's a ton. I'm 166 pounds. What are some of the bigger guys in the weight loss thread supposed to do? Seriously, you've got guys over there who weigh around four bills. Are they just supposed to pour they entire container into a give gallon bucket of water and slam it?

That's 13 scoops a day of that shit for just under 400 grams of protein.

I have experimented with a mix of protein amounts and continued heavy lifting over the years. For years I was 180lbs and getting 300 g of protein a day. Tons of chicken, shakes, tuna.

This past year, I continued to lift heavy like I always do and now get between 120-180 g of protein a day. I am gaining strength great right now and I definitely think the extreme high protein diets recommended to many bodybuilders are likely not needed. No harm if you like eating like that (the stress on the kidneys worries are bullshit!) but it isn't a requirement for muscle/strength gains. I still recommend 120-150 g protein for most trying to gain muscle/strength or lose fat.

penguinz 01-28-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9359259)
I have experimented with a mix of protein amounts and continued heavy lifting over the years. For years I was 180lbs and getting 300 g of protein a day. Tons of chicken, shakes, tuna.

This past year, I continued to lift heavy like I always do and now get between 120-180 g of protein a day. I am gaining strength great right now and I definitely think the extreme high protein diets recommended to many bodybuilders are likely not needed. No harm if you like eating like that (the stress on the kidneys worries are bullshit!) but it isn't a requirement for muscle/strength gains. I still recommend 120-150 g protein for most trying to gain muscle/strength or lose fat.

your body can process only about one gram per lb of current body weight so extreme amounts is a waste of time.

ThaVirus 01-28-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 9359422)
your body can process only about one gram per lb of current body weight so extreme amounts is a waste of time.

That's what I've read. Unless you're on a Schwarzenegger-like routine, any excess is going to be stored as fat or energy or whatever..

Saul Good 01-29-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9359259)

That's about what I'm doing now. I'm supplementing 30 grams a day, and feel like that should be good.

Saul Good 01-29-2013 09:08 PM

Does anyone on here box or fight (MMA or similar)? I'm not talking about aerobics with a boxing theme like Title Boxing, but something where you actually take a punch.

Omaha 01-29-2013 10:42 PM

Anyone have tips for busting through a plateau on bench press?

Silock 01-29-2013 11:20 PM

Drop the weight by 20% and work back up slowly, like 2% per week. Don't overtrain chest. 5 reps or less per set, no more than 3 working sets twice a week.

That should help. Make sure you're getting enough protein and calories. And sleep.

el borracho 01-29-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9357965)
Does anyone have any advice/recommendations on protein powders? How many grams per day?

I've been told I need one gram per pound of body weight per day, but holy shit...that's a ton. I'm 166 pounds. What are some of the bigger guys in the weight loss thread supposed to do? Seriously, you've got guys over there who weigh around four bills. Are they just supposed to pour they entire container into a give gallon bucket of water and slam it?

That's 13 scoops a day of that shit for just under 400 grams of protein.

Well, for one thing I wouldn't recommend ingesting more than 50 grams of protein at a time (I have heard it is difficult for your body to process). The other thing is that you want your supplements to, you know, supplement your diet. If you want to ingest 200 grams of protein, I would suggest that the majority of it come from actual food- not protein shakes. I've found alternating shakes with solid food to be a good system but I wouldn't base my intake on shakes alone.

el borracho 01-30-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9358787)
I'm busting balls to hit a 400lb bench this year. I had the same goal last year but tore my rotator cuff and couldnt bench from about Feb to October. I'm probably back up to 360-365 right now.

Did you have surgery on the shoulder or just wait it out?

BigCatDaddy 01-30-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 9363771)
Did you have surgery on the shoulder or just wait it out?

I just waited it out and avoided doing lifts that put stress on it which is pretty much any flat, incline or upright press.

Omaha 01-30-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9363733)
Drop the weight by 20% and work back up slowly, like 2% per week. Don't overtrain chest. 5 reps or less per set, no more than 3 working sets twice a week.

That should help. Make sure you're getting enough protein and calories. And sleep.

Thanks. I'll do this. I think most of my problem is mental. I'm good on protein and calories. Sleep is a different story.

Silock 01-30-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9364296)
Thanks. I'll do this. I think most of my problem is mental. I'm good on protein and calories. Sleep is a different story.

It also helps to have a spotter. That way, you can up the weight without worrying about missing the lift and killing yourself.

Buehler445 01-30-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9364339)
It also helps to have a spotter. That way, you can up the weight without worrying about missing the lift and killing yourself.

Make sure it is enough of a spotter. When I was in High School one of my buddies had like 375 pounds on there (IIRC) and wrapped his elbows, well, he couldn't get it up and the bar bounced off his chest. He was a little bastard, probably 140 or something, that was not cool. I couldn't believe he didn't break his sternum or ribs or something. He said he was just sore.

Either way, just make sure your spotter is paying attention and strong enough to help if you need it.

Omaha 01-30-2013 04:38 PM

I just had a one on one session at my crossfit box. They taught me how to do a front squat. I'd never tried one before this. It felt pretty good. At the end of the lesson, I did a workout.

8 front squats
8 burpees

As many rounds as possible in 5 minutes.

I would have gotten 4 rounds but I got a few 'no reps' for not breaking parallel on the squat. It was fun. I'm really liking this so far. I can't wait to get through these lessons and start the real workouts.

ChiefsOne 01-30-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9365504)
I just had a one on one session at my crossfit box. They taught me how to do a front squat. I'd never tried one before this. It felt pretty good. At the end of the lesson, I did a workout.

8 front squats
8 burpees

As many rounds as possible in 5 minutes.

I would have gotten 4 rounds but I got a few 'no reps' for not breaking parallel on the squat. It was fun. I'm really liking this so far. I can't wait to get through these lessons and start the real workouts.

They will kick your ass, every time!

BigCatDaddy 01-30-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9364296)

You might give the slingshot a try. It's great for overload training.

www.howmuchyabench.net

Omaha 01-31-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsOne (Post 9365518)
They will kick your ass, every time!

They told me I would be very sore today. I'm not at all. Maybe they just assume most people never squat.

Aspengc8 01-31-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 9363768)
Well, for one thing I wouldn't recommend ingesting more than 50 grams of protein at a time (I have heard it is difficult for your body to process). The other thing is that you want your supplements to, you know, supplement your diet. If you want to ingest 200 grams of protein, I would suggest that the majority of it come from actual food- not protein shakes. I've found alternating shakes with solid food to be a good system but I wouldn't base my intake on shakes alone.

The 50g per meal limit is bro-science. I personally know a lot of big dudes that only have time to eat 3 meals a day. They aren't IFBB pro's or anything, but stay lean year round and throw some heavy weight around in the gym. They pretty much told me the whole 6-8 meals per day thing is complete BS. As far as protein per day, 1g per lb of lean body mass is pretty much acceptable as a minimum.

ChiefsOne 01-31-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9367041)
They told me I would be very sore today. I'm not at all. Maybe they just assume most people never squat.

Probably because they thought it was your first time, or that you hadn't been working out. I wasn't exactly meaning sore, just a butt kicking workout most of the time. If it's not kicked, then speed it up. One of the reason I love it is you don't do the same workouts week after week, it's different every day and wore out most every time. I did CF for 2.5 years, didn't get sore much, but usually was pretty fatigued at the end. Working my way back after a torn rotator cuff.

Omaha 01-31-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsOne (Post 9368302)
Probably because they thought it was your first time, or that you hadn't been working out. I wasn't exactly meaning sore, just a butt kicking workout most of the time. If it's not kicked, then speed it up. One of the reason I love it is you don't do the same workouts week after week, it's different every day and wore out most every time. I did CF for 2.5 years, didn't get sore much, but usually was pretty fatigued at the end. Working my way back after a torn rotator cuff.

Yeah. I was wiped out when I got done. I assume most people that start aren't doing a lot of leg work before they do this workout.

Good luck with the injury. Did you tear your RC doing crossfit?

Hootie 01-31-2013 05:21 PM

so I rock out on the Planet Fitness treadmill and can do my routine no problems...of course I'm beat afterwards but I'm usually not on the verge of death

I do the same routine at my hotel fitness center from time to time and it tells me I run the same distance and I do the same times...BUT IT BEATS THE SHIT OUT OF ME. It's like almost twice as hard for me to finish. I still finish, but at the end...I wonder why I'm so ****ing killed on one treadmill and not on the other?

Are all threadmills not created equally?

lewdog 01-31-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9365521)
You might give the slingshot a try. It's great for overload training.

www.howmuchyabench.net

Very Interesting. I have been looking at ideas for overload benching and while bands are obviously used, they are a pain to setup in the racks at most gyms that are powerlifting type gyms.

Have you used the slingshot in your training?

Omaha 01-31-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9368463)
so I rock out on the Planet Fitness treadmill and can do my routine no problems...of course I'm beat afterwards but I'm usually not on the verge of death

I do the same routine at my hotel fitness center from time to time and it tells me I run the same distance and I do the same times...BUT IT BEATS THE SHIT OUT OF ME. It's like almost twice as hard for me to finish. I still finish, but at the end...I wonder why I'm so ****ing killed on one treadmill and not on the other?

Incline?

Hootie 01-31-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9368828)
Incline?

no...same quick start settings as usual

BigCatDaddy 02-01-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9368575)
Very Interesting. I have been looking at ideas for overload benching and while bands are obviously used, they are a pain to setup in the racks at most gyms that are powerlifting type gyms.

Have you used the slingshot in your training?

Yeah, I love it for 2 reasons. When I was recovering from my rotator cuff tear this allowed me to bench pain free and I also use it for 2 additional sets after my normal 3 on bench. It takes a few workouts to get used to, but a few power lifters in my gym turned me on to it and I've turned a few guys in there on to it as well. Everyone seems to love it, especially guys with existing shoulder injuries that like the support it provides.

lewdog 02-01-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9369608)
Yeah, I love it for 2 reasons. When I was recovering from my rotator cuff tear this allowed me to bench pain free and I also use it for 2 additional sets after my normal 3 on bench. It takes a few workouts to get used to, but a few power lifters in my gym turned me on to it and I've turned a few guys in there on to it as well. Everyone seems to love it, especially guys with existing shoulder injuries that like the support it provides.

I will probably give it a shot and I would definitely use it after some regular sets. I really expected it to be more expensive, so I can definitely swing the purchase. Which version would you recommend?

BigCatDaddy 02-01-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9371293)
I will probably give it a shot and I would definitely use it after some regular sets. I really expected it to be more expensive, so I can definitely swing the purchase. Which version would you recommend?

I have the original and prefer it. I tried the maddog, but it's almost too much assistance. It's basically double ply of the original. It's hard just getting your hands a part for the grip with the maddog.

penguinz 02-01-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9371459)
I have the original and prefer it. I tried the maddog, but it's almost too much assistance. It's basically double ply of the original. It's hard just getting your hands a part for the grip with the maddog.

How does this device compare to a bench shirt?

Buehler445 02-01-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9368463)

Yeah, some could have resistance or slippage I'd guess. Is one a worn out POS?

BigCatDaddy 02-01-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 9371486)
How does this device compare to a bench shirt?

Similar concept, but a hell of a lot easier to get on and off. It doesn't really provide resistance going down like shirt does it just holds your form a little better and gives you a little boost at the bottom of the rep. I can do 325 for 3-4 reps raw with the slingshot I can do 8-10,

el borracho 02-03-2013 10:03 AM

Trying to add deadlifts into my routine this year. Starting out super-light but should know if my back can take it in a month or two.

Omaha 02-04-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 9374159)
Trying to add deadlifts into my routine this year. Starting out super-light but should know if my back can take it in a month or two.

I'm doing the same thing. I hurt my back doing them over a year ago and it's still not right. I'm trying to fix my back by learning to do that motion with proper form. I had a 30 minute session with a crossfit trainer dedicated to proper deadlift technique & it has helped me a lot. Good luck!

Omaha 02-04-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 9374159)

I also just ordered Magnificent Mobility after reading some impressive reviews. Hopefully that helps, too.

el borracho 02-08-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9377386)
I'm doing the same thing. I hurt my back doing them over a year ago and it's still not right. I'm trying to fix my back by learning to do that motion with proper form. I had a 30 minute session with a crossfit trainer dedicated to proper deadlift technique & it has helped me a lot. Good luck!

No real problems so far- just sore glutes, lol. Hope you are having similar success.

el borracho 02-08-2013 07:29 PM

Anyone ever tried the Russian bench program? What were the results?

Also, what routine should one go to after completing the Russian bench program? I have heard it is a bit rough on the joints.

Omaha 02-09-2013 12:15 AM

I've figured out that I have an anterior pelvic tilt from sitting at a desk all day. I've started trying to isolate and activate glutes and hammies and stretch hip flexors and quads.

Omaha 02-10-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9388728)
I've figured out that I have an anterior pelvic tilt from sitting at a desk all day. I've started trying to isolate and activate glutes and hammies and stretch hip flexors and quads.

Rolling out my quads is excruciating but my back feels great every time I get done. I hope I'm on to something here.

ThaVirus 02-10-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9392297)
Rolling out my quads is excruciating but my back feels great every time I get done. I hope I'm on to something here.

Well, you could always stop working out and get fat.

Omaha 02-10-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9392337)
Well, you could always stop working out and get fat.

I think I'll pass.

Buehler445 02-10-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9388728)

meaning that your ass sits lower than your legs?

Omaha 02-10-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9392703)
meaning that your ass sits lower than your legs?

No

Buehler445 02-10-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9392708)
No

So it's the other way? Like there is too much tilt or what?

Omaha 02-10-2013 09:58 PM

It's not while I'm sitting. Tight hip flexors pull the front of the hips forward resulting in an exaggerated lumbar curve and, in my case, lower back pain.

Buehler445 02-10-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9392787)
It's not while I'm sitting. Tight hip flexors pull the front of the hips forward resulting in an exaggerated lumbar curve and, in my case, lower back pain.

I see. And quad rolls are like lunges or what?

BigCatDaddy 02-10-2013 10:16 PM

Anybody every tried a versa climber?

Omaha 02-10-2013 10:17 PM

The condition causes hip flexors, quads, and lower back to tighten up and become overactive. Glutes, and hammies become dormant and it gets tricky to activate them so the quads and back take over.

Lunges, bridges, and deep squats strengthen glutes and hammies and get them firing again. The foam roller is used to relax and lengthen the quads, hip flexors and lower back.

If you're really curious about it I can post some links with a lot of information.

lewdog 02-10-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9392865)
The condition causes hip flexors, quads, and lower back to tighten up and become overactive. Glutes, and hammies become dormant and it gets tricky to activate them so the quads and back take over.

Lunges, bridges, and deep squats strengthen glutes and hammies and get them firing again. The foam roller is used to relax and lengthen the quads, hip flexors and lower back.

If you're really curious about it I can post some links with a lot of information.

I would add Romanian deadlifts to that list as well.

Buehler445 02-10-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

I'd appreciate it.

lewdog 02-10-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9392862)
Anybody every tried a versa climber?

Um yea, and it was hard as shit! Max like 10 minutes. Of course I rarely do cardio so maybe that was it?

Omaha 02-10-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9392868)
I would add Romanian deadlifts to that list as well.

I plan to. Right now my back tries to take over and that ****s me up. I have a pretty bad muscle imbalance. I'm getting there, though.

lewdog 02-10-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9392882)
I plan to. Right now my back tries to take over and that ****s me up. I have a pretty bad muscle imbalance. I'm getting there, though.

I am gonna take a shot in the dark. You were a leg press/leg extension king and neglected squats/deads?

Omaha 02-10-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9392870)
I'd appreciate it.

I will hook you up tomorrow. Im heading out right now.

3 days into the routine and I feel MUCH better.

BigCatDaddy 02-10-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9392873)
Um yea, and it was hard as shit! Max like 10 minutes. Of course I rarely do cardio so maybe that was it?

WSU has one for sale and I thought about adding it to my gym, but I wasn't sure how much use it might get. I don't see many around.

lewdog 02-10-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9392896)
WSU has one for sale and I thought about adding it to my gym, but I wasn't sure how much use it might get. I don't see many around.

I think it is just a great piece to have in your gym for people to ask questions about and a conversation piece. It sure stands out.

Only dude that religiously used it in the gym I worked in was about 55 years old and I think he just did that thing for 30 minutes a day and worked up a gnarly sweat every time.

BigCatDaddy 02-10-2013 10:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9392917)
I think it is just a great piece to have in your gym for people to ask questions about and a conversation piece. It sure stands out.

Only dude that religiously used it in the gym I worked in was about 55 years old and I think he just did that thing for 30 minutes a day and worked up a gnarly sweat every time.

Sounds similar to my Hammer Strength H-Squat. I think people spend more time trying to figure out what the hell it is then using it. Although I really love it.

Omaha 02-11-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9392892)
I am gonna take a shot in the dark. You were a leg press/leg extension king and neglected squats/deads?

Not a bad guess. Leg press and squats were my thing, but my squat form got worse and worse after I graduated college. Then I stopped lifting for several years. I'm a CPA so that meant a lot of 12 hour days at my desk. That will mess you up!

A little over a year ago, I couldn't squat below parallel without falling backwards. I have improved my squat quite a bit. I'm hoping this new PT routine will get me back to "normal." I've had this back pain for over a year. It has really interfered with my shit!

Omaha 02-11-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9392870)
I'd appreciate it.

This first link is my favorite. I've found it to be very helpful. The first post here is great, but there is more good advice throughout the thread.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=130876763

You can also google "lordosis" and find several links similar to this:

http://stronglifts.com/lordosis-why-...how-to-fix-it/

I thought you were ****ing with me earlier. Are you having similar problems?

el borracho 02-11-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9392957)
Sounds similar to my Hammer Strength H-Squat. I think people spend more time trying to figure out what the hell it is then using it. Although I really love it.

Looks like a lifeguard station, put together by drunks.

BigCatDaddy 02-11-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 9393478)
Looks like a lifeguard station, put together by drunks.

LMAO You can damn near join the mile high club on that thing.

Buehler445 02-11-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9393322)
This first link is my favorite. I've found it to be very helpful. The first post here is great, but there is more good advice throughout the thread.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=130876763

You can also google "lordosis" and find several links similar to this:

http://stronglifts.com/lordosis-why-...how-to-fix-it/

I thought you were ****ing with me earlier. Are you having similar problems?

Thanks.

I'm not really having that specific problem, but I sit at a desk or in the tractor, sprayer or combine a huge number of hours throughout the year. And wanted to watch out for it.

Omaha 02-13-2013 09:49 AM

I was doing much better until I tried playing racquetball last night. My back pain has returned. Back to stretching/rolling/exercising. FML!!!!!!

Saul Good 02-13-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9399269)
I was doing much better until I tried playing racquetball last night. My back pain has returned. Back to stretching/rolling/exercising. FML!!!!!!

Strengthen your ass. It supports your entire back.

Saul Good 02-13-2013 09:57 AM

Also, don't stretch out too much before workouts. Light stretching is all you want to do. Save deeper stretching for after the workout.

Omaha 02-13-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9399298)
Strengthen your ass. It supports your entire back.

Yeah, this is part of the plan. I'm trying to work glutes, hams, and abs. I just have a tough time activating my glutes. Other shit keeps trying to take over.

lewdog 02-13-2013 07:23 PM

BigCatDaddy.

Got my slingshot! Couple questions. Is it supposed to go virtually almost all the way over my elbows and instead be tight on my mid/lower arm? It also seems a stretch, just messing around here, to extend my hands out to my normal bench position unless I forcefully extend my elbows outward and really stretch it.

All of this might make more sense when I actually go to bench but just wondering while looking at it now.

Saul Good 02-13-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9399393)
Yeah, this is part of the plan. I'm trying to work glutes, hams, and abs. I just have a tough time activating my glutes. Other shit keeps trying to take over.

Fire those glutes!

Do you have a trainer?

BigCatDaddy 02-13-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9400999)
BigCatDaddy.

Got my slingshot! Couple questions. Is it supposed to go virtually almost all the way over my elbows and instead be tight on my mid/lower arm? It also seems a stretch, just messing around here, to extend my hands out to my normal bench position unless I forcefully extend my elbows outward and really stretch it.

All of this might make more sense when I actually go to bench but just wondering while looking at it now.

Your elbows go in the holes. They run a funny size. I'm about 6 2 240 and I'm pretty sure it's a xxl and fairly tight. I think there is a guide to tale you you're size. Yes, it's fairly diferent at first. You are stretching it out and that's how you get the assistance. It will probably take 2 to 3 workouts to really feell comfortable with it.

lewdog 02-13-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9401454)
Your elbows go in the holes. They run a funny size. I'm about 6 2 240 and I'm pretty sure it's a xxl and fairly tight. I think there is a guide to tale you you're size. Yes, it's fairly diferent at first. You are stretching it out and that's how you get the assistance. It will probably take 2 to 3 workouts to really feell comfortable with it.

You mean elbows into the small slits on the arm slots? Not all the way up over the elbows?

I got the XL because I was borderline and went a size bigger.

BigCatDaddy 02-13-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9401626)
You mean elbows into the small slits on the arm slots? Not all the way up over the elbows?

I got the XL because I was borderline and went a size bigger.

Right. Here is a video of the guy showing how it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1eXkbcL8Gc

Omaha 02-14-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9401004)
Fire those glutes!

Do you have a trainer?

I did, but we got to be pretty good friends and now he's my workout partner.

Omaha 02-14-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9401454)

****, he's never going to figure this out. He's lucky just to get himself dressed most days.

lewdog 02-14-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9402199)
****, he's never going to figure this out. He's lucky just to get himself dressed most days.

ROFL

Not shit, I feel like a real douche. Mine isn't as snug as I think it would be but I was borderline L and XL and went XL. Still should work though.

Saul Good 02-17-2013 03:48 PM

Just went for a run. Wound up doing a half marathon (13.1 miles). I can't believe I just did that. Was planning on going about 5.

Omaha 02-17-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9410775)
Just went for a run. Wound up doing a half marathon (13.1 miles). I can't believe I just did that. Was planning on going about 5.

Nice. I've never run that far. 10 miles is my best.

NewChief 02-17-2013 05:24 PM

Okay, I guess I live under a rock and wasn't aware of the policies of this up and coming "gym," Planet Fitness.

Are you all aware that this place kicks people out for sweating too hard or over exerting themselves during lifts? A friend of mine recently got booted out because he was wearing a skull cap (in the winter... also he's balding) and sweating too hard.

WTF??!

Saul Good 02-17-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9410905)
Nice. I've never run that far. 10 miles is my best.

I feel like shit. I'm supposed to box tonight, too. I'm going to get my ass kicked.

Omaha 02-17-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9410949)
Okay, I guess I live under a rock and wasn't aware of the policies of this up and coming "gym," Planet Fitness.

Are you all aware that this place kicks people out for sweating too hard or over exerting themselves during lifts? A friend of mine recently got booted out because he was wearing a skull cap (in the winter... also he's balding) and sweating too hard.

WTF??!

I've heard it's pretty ridiculous, but I didn't know it was that dumb. Do they only want people to work out a little bit?