ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Can we PLEASE cross Matt Barkley off the list (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267691)

scho63 12-15-2012 07:53 PM

I want to draft a QB that can do the following very well;

Can throw a ball 40-50 yards with little effort

Can complete 60% of his passes

Doesn't get all his receivers killed

Can see his second and third options on every pass play

Doesn't go fetal on 1/2 his plays

Can put his hat on correctly on the sidelines

Has no connection to New England

Knows how to tuck the ball and not fumble 20 times a year

Knows when to throw an incompletion or toss it out of bounds

Slides first and dives second

That is all

cyborgtable 12-15-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 9211353)
I want to draft a QB that can do the following very well;

Can throw a ball 40-50 yards with little effort

Can complete 60% of his passes

Doesn't get all his receivers killed

Can see his second and third options on every pass play

Doesn't go fetal on 1/2 his plays

Can put his hat on correctly on the sidelines

Has no connection to New England

Knows how to tuck the ball and not fumble 20 times a year

Knows when to throw an incompletion or toss it out of bounds

Slides first and dives second

That is all

I would add that he not only inspires those around him to play harder but that he also demands accountability from not only the players but the coaching staff.

I always hear that the great QB's keep the coaches on their toes by knowing as much or more about the offense than the coaches do. I want my QB to be like that

RINGLEADER 12-15-2012 09:28 PM

Look for a blockbuster deal sending the next three years of drafts to the Patriots for Tom Brady, who will quit after 1-2 seasons.

HoneyBadger 12-15-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9210939)
This is exactly the kind of douchbag I'm talking about. I would bet you bring nothing to the table in any of your posts. Call it a hunch

You didn't bring shit to CP. Die.

HoneyBadger 12-15-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9210944)
No. "HoneyBadger."

Great name, douche.

Hey honey, look at the time! It's already 2011! The Honey Badger video is still fresh!

How does my name make me a douche? You are ****in stupid.

RunKC 12-15-2012 11:06 PM

1. Geno Smith

2. Tyler Wilson/Mike Glennon-whoever looks better at the Senior Bowl.

3. Matt Barkley

RunKC 12-15-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9211114)

If Mike Glennon was USC's QB this year, he would have had 4,000+ yards 40+ TD's and a 65% or better completion percentage.

TomSlash 12-15-2012 11:23 PM

boy o boy - you all are really a riot - everybody just knows how everyone is going to pan out - maybe you all should fill in for Scott Pioli or perhaps sign up for OC or DC, i've seen this time and time again on this website.

Let's all jump aside and let @KCshit pull all the strings. :LOL:

Get a clue, mate get a clue

BossChief 12-15-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomSlash (Post 9211727)
boy o boy - you all are really a riot - everybody just knows how everyone is going to pan out - maybe you all should fill in for Scott Pioli or perhaps sign up for OC or DC, i've seen this time and time again on this website.

Let's all jump aside and let @KCshit pull all the strings. :LOL:

Get a clue, mate get a clue

22 CP posters off the street could win more than 2 games.

TomSlash 12-15-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9211729)
22 CP posters off the street could win more than 2 games.

look bud, i don't need any explaing from you - ok

DeezNutz 12-15-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9210674)
I want the first pick, and I want Geno.

I think there's a small separtion between Geno and Tyler Wilson, that will widen as the draft approaches, and then a larger seperation between Wilson and Barkley.

That being said, Matt Barkley is tons better than Cassel.

Why the **** this thread wasn't locked here is a mystery.

Come at me, maads.

BossChief 12-15-2012 11:45 PM

I think Barkley can be a successful NFL QB if he goes into the right situation.

He needs to be paired up with a HC and OC that know how to groom him into the NFL version of todays west coast offense.

I wouldnt be mad if I was a fan of the team that drafts Barkley and has a coach like Reid or Holmgren.

DeezNutz 12-15-2012 11:49 PM

Barkley is a very good prospect. Not elite. Far from it, but still very good.

This is Stafford-lite at its very best.

BossChief 12-15-2012 11:54 PM

If we beat the Raiders, Barkley is our guy. I'd be fine with that.

People over criticize Barkley in a similar fashion Aaron Rodgers did because of previous quarterbacks from their system/school.

O.city 12-15-2012 11:54 PM

I don't think teams are as high on Wilson as we are on CP.

Bowser 12-15-2012 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9211773)
I don't think teams are as high on Wilson as we are on CP.

He's one of those guys that will either make it or break it with the combine and school workouts. As it stands right now, he has the feel of a third rounder, MAYBE second.

RunKC 12-16-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9211139)
Barkley's still #3 for me. A significant grade above the likes of ostrich boy

I think SNR is Nick Wright. I really do lol

BossChief 12-16-2012 12:01 AM

Tyler Wilson will be a top 15 pick. So will Barkley and I wouldn't be shocked if a 4th guy sneaks in there.

Ryan Tannehill went at 8.

Bowser 12-16-2012 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9211792)
Tyler Wilson will be a top 15 pick. So will Barkley and I wouldn't be shocked if a 4th guy sneaks in there.

Yeah, true. It is a QB league.

Right now, would you take Wilson or Bray if those two were all to chose from?

RunKC 12-16-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9211792)

Well, us, the Jags, the Cards and the Bills all have an extreme want or need for a QB, and that's not counting teams like the Eagles or Raiders who could take a QB.

I think Geno, Wilson, Barkley and Glennon will all go in the top 15.

BossChief 12-16-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9211808)

wilson

BossChief 12-16-2012 12:15 AM

Also, if we win tomorrow, we need to fire up the "trade up at any cost to take Geno" bandwagon.

DeezNutz 12-16-2012 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9211808)

Impossible question because fans cannot and will not possibly know. The concerns about Bray, who is physically more gifted, focus on issues that fans cannot evaluate.

O.city 12-16-2012 12:28 AM

If Bray interviews like a competent human, he could skyrocket.

BossChief 12-16-2012 12:30 AM

Bray will almost assuredly go back to Tennessee. Won't he?

O.city 12-16-2012 12:32 AM

With the HC gone, I doubt it.

He could work out with a trainer, come to the combine, interview like a pro, and wow everyone and get drafted mid to late first, IMO.

Chiefs Pantalones 12-16-2012 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9211840)
Bray will almost assuredly go back to Tennessee. Won't he?

Word is he's expected to declare because he doesn't wanna start over with a new HC and learn a new offense.

O.city 12-16-2012 12:35 AM

Honestly, if I had no idea of his past, just watching guys at the combine I could probably come away making a case that Bray should be a pretty high pick. Based on physical skills alone, he's up there.

DeezNutz 12-16-2012 12:39 AM

The fact that people are suggesting that Barkley isn't a legit prospect is funny.

Fact: Barkley is a far superior prospect to Tannehill, and it's not even remotely close.

O.city 12-16-2012 12:40 AM

Barkley has the intangibles.

No, he's not the most physically imposing QB. But the dude knows how to play the position.

Thats never a bad thing.

Chiefs Pantalones 12-16-2012 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9211844)
Honestly, if I had no idea of his past, just watching guys at the combine I could probably come away making a case that Bray should be a pretty high pick. Based on physical skills alone, he's up there.

I'd be fine with him if we happen to miss out on Smith and Wilson. He's gonna rise because his talent is something else. I've been impressed with him the handful amount of times I've seen him play this year.

O.city 12-16-2012 12:43 AM

Smith and Bray have the highest ceiling in this class. But they probably both have some or quite a bit of bust potential.

But like I've said before, the risk is absolutely worth the reward, because the alternative is shit.

BossChief 12-16-2012 12:44 AM

I dont know if he has the maturity it takes to lead an NFL team just yet. Im not saying he doesnt, just that he has been inconsistent at Tennessee and has maturity concerns.

I think that if he goes into the right situation, he can be a superstar and if he doesnt, he can be out of the league in 3 years.

If we have the right coaching staff, an argument can be made that trading down and taking a guy like Bray (with a bounty of picks, too) would be worth consideration.

O.city 12-16-2012 12:46 AM

I don't really view trading down as an option this year. No one is gonna give up an RGIII haul at this point, plus if you are drafting 1 overall, you suck.

So take the best player available at the most important position and get shit rolling the right way.

RealSNR 12-16-2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9211791)
I think SNR is Nick Wright. I really do lol

I live in Wisconsin, and all of my local KC sports media comes exclusively through the stuff people post on Chiefs Planet, so I don't know what that means. Is it a compliment?

DeezNutz 12-16-2012 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9211863)
If we have the right coaching staff, an argument can be made that trading down and taking a guy like Bray (with a bounty of picks, too) would be worth consideration.

What the hell are you talking about? With the new CBA, such scenarios are moot.

Teams will trade up to be in position to draft gifted QBs like Bray. If you trade down, like STL last year, you are voluntarily removing yourself from consideration.

O.city 12-16-2012 12:49 AM

I don't want to trade down at all.

If we get the 1st pick, we have the choice to take teh best QB we see fit. No one can take him away from us, we don't have to get lucky.

Evaluate who you think that guy is, and draft him.

BossChief 12-16-2012 12:50 AM

Lets say we hire Andy Reid as the HC...or Mike Holmgren. A proven coach that has a history of developing quarterbacks.

Those extra first rounders and still getting one of the following:
Smith
Bray
Barkley
Wilson

Isn't all that bad.

Lets say Buffalo is calling and offering the 4th pick and their second and third rounders this year as well as their first the next 2 drafts.

Im still taking Geno with the top pick and sleeping well that night....but I think it is worth conversation.

TomSlash 12-16-2012 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9211867)
I live in Wisconsin, and all of my local KC sports media comes exclusively through the stuff people post on Chiefs Planet, so I don't know what that means. Is it a compliment?

That's god's country, bub. I like your style, do you happen to be african american?

RunKC 12-16-2012 12:51 AM

It really depends on who is the coach. We get Arians, Reid or Holmgren then I don't care what QB they draft because they knew WTF they are doing.

O.city 12-16-2012 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9211874)
Lets say we hire Andy Reid as the HC...or Mike Holmgren. A proven coach that has a history of developing quarterbacks.

Smith
Bray
Barkley
Wilson

Isn't all that bad.

Lets say Buffalo is calling and offering the 4th pick and their second and third rounders this year as well as their first the next 2 drafts.

Im still taking Geno with the top pick and sleeping well that night....but I think it is worth conversation.

Like you said, I think I still take Geno. If I'm confident he can be what I think eh can be, he'd be worth more than all those picks anyway.

DeezNutz 12-16-2012 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9211874)

Smith
Bray
Barkley
Wilson

Isn't all that bad.

That package? I'm taking it, and most likely walking away with either Wilson or Barkley.

TomSlash 12-16-2012 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9211876)
It really depends on who is the coach. We get Arians, Reid or Holmgren then I don't care what QB they draft because they knew WTF they are doing.

well then we will all pull our duel y trucks over to let your mental midget yugo through, winner.

RunKC 12-16-2012 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9211867)

Man Wisconsin must suck from October to March. Summers are probably awesome though.

Bowser 12-16-2012 12:53 AM

I think my problem with Barkley is that the talent at that school is 90% of the time head and shoulders above the teams they're playing against. Because of that, stats look better, as in downright inflated.

It would be like an NFL QB playing with a Pro Bowl roster against other NFL teams.

Yeah, they're talented, but how good are they when you break them all apart?

RealSNR 12-16-2012 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9211881)
Man Wisconsin must suck from October to March. Summers are probably awesome though.

Ehhh... it's alright. But I've never been huge on living in hot places. I would much rather it be bone-chilling -40 outside than 100+ with humidity

BossChief 12-16-2012 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9211879)
That package? I'm taking it, and most likely walking away with either Wilson or Barkley.

That's similar to what Washington gave up, but the Rams slid back to 6.

DeezNutz 12-16-2012 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9211882)
I think my problem with Barkley is that the talent at that school is 90% of the time head and shoulders above the teams they're playing against. Because of that, stats look better, as in downright inflated.

It would be like an NFL QB playing with a Pro Bowl roster against other NFL teams.

You don't like Smith because he's throwing to NFL talent, too.

RunKC 12-16-2012 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9211882)

Outside of Robert Woods and Marquise Lee, USC has no real talent on offense this year. Their OL is complete dumpster fire, except Khaled Holmes, who was hurt for half the year. Their RB from PSU is okay but nothing great this year.

Add to the fact that Lane Kiffin is a moron and you get a bad situation.

DeezNutz 12-16-2012 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9211885)
That's similar to what Washington gave up, but the Rams slid back to 6.

Similar does not equal identical, and I don't believe that Smith is equivalent to Luck or RGIII.

Bowser 12-16-2012 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9211886)
You don't like Smith because he's throwing to NFL talent, too.

Yeah, it's an illogical statement to look at. I don't know, maybe I've just watched USC offensive guys just destroy it in college over the years, then do not quite that good in the pros, and decided that they're not as great as that?

If we end up with Barkley, I won't cry about it. Not until he gives me a reason to, anyway. Geno is my pick, like I have a voice in the matter.

DeezNutz 12-16-2012 01:08 AM

Bottom line: In April, we'll be in position to draft a QB far more talented than anyone on our roster, and we must take this chance.

BossChief 12-16-2012 01:19 AM

Lets say we pick 3rd and Jacksonville gets the top pick.

Do we make the call to Jacksonville and try to get them to come off the pick and take Geno, or sit and take BQBA?

Unsmooth-Moment 12-16-2012 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9211904)
Lets say we pick 3rd and Jacksonville gets the top pick.

Do we make the call to Jacksonville and try to get them to come off the pick and take Geno, or sit and take BQBA?

I mean obviously it would depend on the cost. I want Geno, but I would be ok with Wilson if we were giving up > 3 1st round picks for Geno.

TomSlash 12-16-2012 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unsmooth-Moment (Post 9211906)
I mean obviously it would depend on the cost. I want Geno, but I would be ok with Wilson if we were giving up > 3 1st round picks for Geno.

i love all you self proclaimed pros just sure this geno cat is going to be great in the NFL, not a one of you even played the sport most likely. Good solid plan kc fans. Keep on predicting the future, i'll be laughing and pointing at all of you cats.

Unsmooth-Moment 12-16-2012 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomSlash (Post 9211955)
i love all you self proclaimed pros just sure this geno cat is going to be great in the NFL, not a one of you even played the sport most likely. Good solid plan kc fans. Keep on predicting the future, i'll be laughing and pointing at all of you cats.

I never stated Geno was going to be great. I stated I wanted Geno as a Chief. He has good upside, but I don't believe people are saying he is the second coming of Peyton Manning.

Quote:

not a one of you even played the sport most likely.

I did play the sport, most likely better than you.

Quote:

Good solid plan kc fans. Keep on predicting the future, i'll be laughing and pointing at all of you cats.

Um, ok.

TomSlash 12-16-2012 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9211883)
Ehhh... it's alright. But I've never been huge on living in hot places. I would much rather it be bone-chilling -40 outside than 100+ with humidity

do you want to crawl in my little pocket and hide boy?

TomSlash 12-16-2012 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9210674)
I want the first pick, and I want Geno.

I think there's a small separtion between Geno and Tyler Wilson, that will widen as the draft approaches, and then a larger seperation between Wilson and Barkley.

That being said, Matt Barkley is tons better than Cassel.

let me tell you something kid, nobody knows anything yet - they coudl very eaily come into the nfl and not perform. Boy don't you read?

Rasputin 12-16-2012 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomSlash (Post 9211979)
let me tell you something kid, nobody knows anything yet - they coudl very eaily come into the nfl and not perform. Boy don't you read?

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...11/dumbass.jpg
/milkman

Jiu Jitsu Jon 12-16-2012 04:01 AM

I'm calling it now, Raiders take Barkley in their 1st round pick...reading about his faith means he's just the kind of guy Reggie McKenzie wants.

McKenzie apparently said at one point that he would pursue players that had strong faith, as it would be less likely that they would embarrass the team with off the field antics.

evolve27 12-16-2012 04:03 AM

Geno plus a loss today = joy

BoneKrusher 12-16-2012 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noss (Post 9210727)
Yes, Matt Barkley can be crossed off the list.

he was never on my list which consisted of Geno.

RealSNR 12-16-2012 07:41 AM

Dottefan?

Chiefs Pantalones 12-16-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon (Post 9211985)
I'm calling it now, Raiders take Barkley in their 1st round pick...reading about his faith means he's just the kind of guy Reggie McKenzie wants.

McKenzie apparently said at one point that he would pursue players that had strong faith, as it would be less likely that they would embarrass the team with off the field antics.

McKenzie seems like a good guy.

milkman 12-16-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomSlash (Post 9211979)

Let me tell you something, dumbass.

I've probably been watching football for more years than you've been wiping your own ass.

Of course nobody 'knows" anything yet.

If anybody "knew" anything, there would never be any Ryan Leafs or Tim Couches.

It's all speculation and projection.

Chief Roundup 12-16-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9211879)

This

htismaqe 12-16-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon (Post 9211985)

The Right 53.

htismaqe 12-16-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9211887)
Outside of Robert Woods and Marquise Lee, USC has no real talent on offense this year. Their OL is complete dumpster fire, except Khaled Holmes, who was hurt for half the year. Their RB from PSU is okay but nothing great this year.

Add to the fact that Lane Kiffin is a moron and you get a bad situation.

WVU is worse at every position.

And Holgerson had moments where he was WAY worse than Lane Kiffin.