ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV the absolute worse show you admit to watching or following (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267216)

notorious 11-30-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9164495)

and jersey shore....

Kill yourself.

CoMoChief 11-30-2012 06:48 PM

I will still sit down and watch an episode of the cartoon "Doug" if it's on.

Frazod 11-30-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9164926)
The Chiefs.

LMAO

No shit. Worst TV there is.

Baby Lee 11-30-2012 07:51 PM

2 Broke Girls - Hot Chicks, so sue me.
Fairly Legal [now cancelled] - Hot Chick, so sue me.
Did watch all but the finale of S1 of The Killing - thought AMC would continue to offer good programming a la Mad Men and Breaking Bad, so sue me.

KcMizzou 11-30-2012 11:03 PM

I dunno, I guess it'd be "Survivor". One of the original "reality" shows. It's changed over the years (Has nothing to do with surviving in the literal sense), but it's still interesting to me.

And the real original, original reality show, "Cops". Always delivers.

KcMizzou 11-30-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9165482)
2 Broke Girls - Hot Chicks, so sue me.

Kat Dennings boobs say... you get a pass.

Frazod 11-30-2012 11:51 PM

Okay, I have a new nominee. Ghost Adventures knockoff on Bio called Haunted Encounters. Has a girl named Jordan in the douchy Zak role. It was awful. Her "OH SHIT I'M SCARED" face is so over the top it's ridiculous, and the bitch wears so much eye make-up that she looks like a zombie in night vision - probably scarier than anything else you'll see on the show. She was apparently having an in depth conversation with Lizzie Borden. I changed the channel. :shake:

lcarus 12-01-2012 01:57 AM

Oh good how could I forget about Chiefs games? THAT'S the worst shit on tv right now. THere's nothing more boring and stupid. I should be more ashamed to admit I sit through every minute of every Chiefs game than sitting through a ****ing daytime soap...

okoye35chiefs 12-01-2012 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9165902)
I dunno, I guess it'd be "Survivor". One of the original "reality" shows. It's changed over the years (Has nothing to do with surviving in the literal sense), but it's still interesting to me.

And the real original, original reality show, "Cops". Always delivers.

always get suckered into watching Cops when nothing is on...

lcarus 12-01-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9165388)
I used to watch Days of our Lives about 20 years ago.

Nice to see someone else besides me admitted to watching a soap. I wouldn't ever watch it if it wasn't for an actor who I feel is just great at his craft. Surprised he never made it big outside of the genre to be honest. He was in some other stuff..a show called 'Prey' that was on Sci-Fi Channel, and I believe had a supporting role on Dawsons Creek for a little while. But yeah, daytime dramas are dying off because networks are realizing that it's way cheaper to have talk shows or reality shows. With those shows, you don't have to pay writers, directors, actors, cast, crew, wardrobe, set designers/builders, and all of that.

lewdog 12-01-2012 09:32 PM

I am a sucker for Kitchen Nightmares and Top Chef. I like cooking/grilling but I am not obsessed with it, however, I just can't get enough of these cooking type shows.

My girlfriend watches Teen Mom and because of this I haven't missed an episode! I watch and thank God every time that I have been an avid user of birth control for 10 years.

lcarus 12-01-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9169512)
I am a sucker for Kitchen Nightmares and Top Chef. I like cooking/grilling but I am not obsessed with it, however, I just can't get enough of these cooking type shows.

My girlfriend watches Teen Mom and because of this I haven't missed an episode! I watch and thank God every time that I have been an avid user of birth control for 10 years.

LMAO

Baby Lee 12-01-2012 10:58 PM

Though I stay out of the shitty TV trap for the most part, my dad has descended into a habit of truly shitty TV.

We've had our arguments in the past regarding NASCAR -vs- Formula One.

But now he's into any and all of those murder re-enactment shows. 100 Ways to Die, Cold Case Files. Mom can;t be bothered to learn to control the AV system, so he gets the run of the DVR

Jenson71 12-01-2012 11:46 PM

1000 ways to die is pretty trashy. But I've seen at least 25 of them. Mildly amusing.

okoye35chiefs 12-02-2012 07:01 PM

Black out

Pablo 12-02-2012 07:12 PM

I watch 'Must Love Cats' on Animal Planet on Saturday mornings. It's a terrible show, solely about cats. I'm turning into creepy cat guy.

Pablo 12-02-2012 07:13 PM

Oh, and my fiance is totally hooked on 'Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives'.

**** Guy Fieri in his stupid fat face and stupid ****ing hair. But I've watched enough of them. Way too many in fact.

Pablo 12-02-2012 07:27 PM

And I was hooked on 'Lizard Lick Towing' for a while. That's a dumb, redneck show if there ever was one.

Buehler445 12-02-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9169512)

Gawd Damn, I have watched a few seasons of Top Chef. If they'd just show the cooking it would be better. I think I've only caught 3 seasons. I have no idea how many seasons there are. And all the reunion crap and the masters shows are homo.

Pitt Gorilla 12-02-2012 11:03 PM

Sons of Anarchy. It used to be a decent show, but now the writing is abysmal. I still DVR it weekly, but I watch it more MST3K style now.

Pushead2 12-03-2012 02:49 AM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...tepOpening.jpg

AussieChiefsFan 12-03-2012 03:12 AM

Police chase shows.

memyselfI 12-03-2012 08:19 PM

Probably Silk Stalkings. I loved that show and it was so campy.

NJChiefsFan 12-04-2012 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9165395)
I will still sit down and watch an episode of the cartoon "Doug" if it's on.

Anybody that gives you shit for that should be punched in the balls.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9165902)

I don't think that falls in this category. At least I don't think it should.

blaise 12-05-2012 08:06 AM

I guess Psych. I like it, but I know a lot of people think it sucks.

The wife and I used to watch Rizzoli and Isles but it was just too dumb so we stopped.

Major Crimes, too, I guess. We watch that, but it's not so good.

Molitoth 12-05-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9177941)
Probably Silk Stalkings. I loved that show and it was so campy.

I most likely rubbed one out to that show when I was around 13.

Molitoth 12-05-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9167751)
Nice to see someone else besides me admitted to watching a soap. I wouldn't ever watch it if it wasn't for an actor who I feel is just great at his craft. Surprised he never made it big outside of the genre to be honest. He was in some other stuff..a show called 'Prey' that was on Sci-Fi Channel, and I believe had a supporting role on Dawsons Creek for a little while. But yeah, daytime dramas are dying off because networks are realizing that it's way cheaper to have talk shows or reality shows. With those shows, you don't have to pay writers, directors, actors, cast, crew, wardrobe, set designers/builders, and all of that.

I watched The Young and the Restless for about a year during college.
I would come home in between class to eat lunch and my mom would be watching it, so I would watch it with her for some quality time. :D

Stewie 12-05-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PostRockPablo (Post 9173698)
Oh, and my fiance is totally hooked on 'Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives'.

**** Guy Fieri in his stupid fat face and stupid ****ing hair. But I've watched enough of them. Way too many in fact.

I watch that show. It's mainly because there's nothing else worth watching at that time. I tell my gf that if they blind-folded Guy Fieri and took him in a McDonald's he'd say, "Nice bun texture and that special sauce is spot on and that lettuce gives a nice contrast, blah, blah, blah."

I don't ever remember him criticizing any food except for a hamburger that had peanut butter on it and that was only because the purveyor warned him that he'll either love it or hate it.

blaise 12-05-2012 09:18 AM

I like Diners Drive Ins and Dives, too. Mostly because it's cool to see how much care and effort some places put into making a dish.

Fat Elvis 12-05-2012 03:52 PM

Sweet Genius.

I can't believe I just admitted to that....

The Franchise 12-05-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9183136)
Sweet Genius.

I've watched more than 5 episodes of that show.

Swanman 12-05-2012 04:17 PM

I have a couple "genres" that I keep getting suckered into. One is the stupid storage auction shows, Storage Wars, Storage Wars Texas and Auction Hunters. I hate most of the people on those shows but I still watch.

I also have gotten hooked on all the stupid gold shows. Gold Rush, Jungle Gold, Arctic Gold, all that shit.

blaise 12-05-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9183136)
Sweet Genius.

My wife gets mad because I call it Sweet Princess. I don't even know why it's funny to me to say it, but it is. The guy is just so, you know.

durtyrute 12-05-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9164752)
True Blood now. Until it ended Smallville. That's all I can think of.

The woman and I couldn't get past the second season of TB. I wanted to off the main chick. I can't think of her name right now, but the blonde with the nice tits and gap in her mouth had to die.

gblowfish 12-05-2012 04:57 PM

Diners Drive-ins and Dives. I like Dives.

hometeam 12-05-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9183268)
Diners Drive-ins and Dives. I like Dives.

This show is bad? Its not supposed to get golden globe awards (or wtfever tv shows get) its a damn slopfest show! I love it!

okoye35chiefs 12-06-2012 06:39 AM

you guys listed some good shows...

I'm talking like "life goes on" or brady bunch shows you get suckered into..

Fat Elvis 12-06-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9183185)
My wife gets mad because I call it Sweet Princess. I don't even know why it's funny to me to say it, but it is. The guy is just so, you know.

Quote:

Ben-Israel served as a soldier in the Israeli Defense Forces.
Self restrained? Right? I mean the guy could probably use Krav Maga on those chefs who give him crappy food. Right? Instead of killing them with his bare hands, he just politely smiles and says, "I'm sorry, but you are no Sweet Genius," and then lets them walk off in shame. I'm just waiting for him to snap and break someone's neck and use that as inspiration for the next round.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...tyfPg7VuKy6Gc7

blaise 12-06-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9184800)
Self restrained? Right? I mean the guy could probably use Krav Maga on those chefs who give him crappy food. Right? Instead of killing them with his bare hands, he just politely smiles and says, "I'm sorry, but you are no Sweet Genius," and then lets them walk off in shame. I'm just waiting for him to snap and break someone's neck and use that as inspiration for the next round.

That's an interesting fact. I still picture him as a Sweet Princess though. You can't deny that he's kind of an odd duck.

Fat Elvis 12-06-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9184814)
That's an interesting fact. I still picture him as a Sweet Princess though. You can't deny that he's kind of an odd duck.

Way odd.

lcarus 12-07-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9182142)
I watched The Young and the Restless for about a year during college.
I would come home in between class to eat lunch and my mom would be watching it, so I would watch it with her for some quality time. :D

Daytime soaps are better than Jersey Shore. Better than crap like Vampire Diaries. And DEFINITELY better to watch a daytime drama than some of the bottom of the barrel "reality shows" such as Toddlers and Tiaras or the dumbass Honey Booboo shit.

KCWolfman 12-08-2012 11:14 AM

I watched Revolution until it's season ender this year. I won't be watching next season.

I keep watching and hoping it will improve, but it is horrible in everything but concept. Make up is phenomenal in an age without any electricity, grass is mowed everywhere they go, acting is almost on the level of Jake Loyd, and character development is done at warp speed.

On paper the idea is amazing, even more-so with the character story lines than the theme of the show. And I keep thinking if it were done by another network, it could be awesome. As it stands, it is horrible pablum and I just can't do it anymore

Frazod 12-08-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9189508)
I watched Revolution until it's season ender this year. I won't be watching next season.

I keep watching and hoping it will improve, but it is horrible in everything but concept. Make up is phenomenal in an age without any electricity, grass is mowed everywhere they go, acting is almost on the level of Jake Loyd, and character development is done at warp speed.

On paper the idea is amazing, even more-so with the character story lines than the theme of the show. And I keep thinking if it were done by another network, it could be awesome. As it stands, it is horrible pablum and I just can't do it anymore

I bailed after the first episode. The Fallout games are more realistic than this crap.

Red Brooklyn 12-08-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9189508)

Revolution isn't over yet, though, is it? I thought it was just on winter hiatus. More of S1 in the spring.

Either way... I'm not watching it, and it's reviews like yours that have kept me from watching it. I had the pilot DVR'd, but deleted it before even giving it a chance.

Big Chief Homer 12-08-2012 11:36 AM

Monster Man, Deals from the darkside, fact of faked, Haunted Collector, Haunted Highway(With Jack Osbourne) and Hollywood Collector on Scyfy

Frosty 12-08-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9189525)
I bailed after the first episode. The Fallout games are more realistic than this crap.

Me, too, as well as Last Resort.

Netflix and seasons on DVD have made me really impatient with new shows. Unless they grab me right away, I bail and figure if it improves, I'll pick it up in the summer on DVD.

NJChiefsFan 12-10-2012 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 9183178)

I also have gotten hooked on all the stupid gold shows. Gold Rush, Jungle Gold, Arctic Gold, all that shit.

I love that show. It's like watching a train wreck with people you sympathize with. "What the frick?" should be a t-shirt. I would buy it.