ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Peter King: Scouts not impressed with 2013 QB class (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266090)

BossChief 11-02-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9077032)
Cutler wasn't a big time winner in college. He wins in the pros.

:facepalm:

RealSNR 11-02-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

LMAO

htismaqe 11-02-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

He's a leader!

RealSNR 11-02-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9076228)
Bad year to pick a QB 1, 2 or 3. QBs sinking like stones in eyes of NFL scouts.

https://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing/sta...03092294238208

Hi ho! Hi ho! It's off to neg Knowmo!

*whistling*

beach tribe 11-02-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9076868)
Good point but I'd take Matt Stafford over this class any day of the week.

Or Luck and RG3

I love this class though.

OctoberFart 11-02-2012 10:44 AM

Didn't Peter King say Peyton Manning was washed up and KC would win the AFCW?

saphojunkie 11-02-2012 10:46 AM

SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUT UPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSH UTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP

I hate anyone and everyone that is saying the QB are not elite this year as a warning.

For the last mother****ing time...

1. If mother****ers were good at figuring out who the **** in college football is going to be an elite QB, Ryan Leaf wouldn't have been drafted, Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees would have gone #1 overall, Joe Montana wouldn't have dropped to the third round and Tom Brady wouldn't be a Patriot. SHUT THE MOTHER **** UP.

2. Worst case scenario...the ABSOLUTE WORST... is that you draft a QB and he busts. You are drafting another QB again a couple years later.

3. BEST case scenario is that everyone backs off the QBs this year, we trade down to #10, picking up extra picks, STILL get our QB, and he's great.

4. What the **** makes a QB elite, anyway? Tell me. You tell me right now the difference between an RG3 and a Tyler Wilson or Geno Smith. What is it? Intelligence? Because Peyton Manning isn't doing physics in his spare time. Then what? Arm strength? **** you, Geno Smith has great arm strength and Kyle Boller is a human turd. Okay... the offense they play in? Right, because RG3 was running the Giants offense at ****ing Baylor. Accuracy? Try again. Production? Win Loss?

The fact is, people are ****ing morons about QBs. If they weren't, then QB would be the EASIEST position to draft instead of the hardest.

If that's too much for you, then get the **** out. Let the big boys make the hard decisions.

Geno Smith, WHEN YOU ****ING WATCH HIM, has talent as a pocket passing QB. His passes look fantastic, they arrive on time and in place and have enough velocity that pro DBs will not be able to close on them despite being out of position.

Is he the greatest QB to ever live? No. Is he the best QB to be drafted in the last 5 years? Probably not. And to go further, there will probably be ANOTHER QB in the next 5 years who is better. Who gives a shit? We need a talented QB to lead this team and the ONLY way to get one right now is through the draft. The best odds at getting one in the draft is in the first round.

DO YOU ****ING UNDERSTAND THAT?

WE ARE DRAFTING A QUARTERBACK AND ANYONE WHO BITCHES ABOUT IT CAN SUCK SHIT OUT OF A MULE'S ASSHOLE.
God I hate you people sometimes.

Molitoth 11-02-2012 10:48 AM

:clap:

Imon Yourside 11-02-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9077134)
SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUT UPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSH UTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP

I hate anyone and everyone that is saying the QB are not elite this year as a warning.

1. If mother****ers were good at figuring out who the **** in college football is going to be an elite QB, Ryan Leaf wouldn't have been drafted, Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees would have gone #1 overall, Joe Montana wouldn't have dropped to the third round and Tom Brady wouldn't be a Patriot. SHUT THE MOTHER **** UP.

2. Worst case scenario...the ABSOLUTE WORST... is that you draft a QB and he busts. You are drafting another QB again a couple years later.

3. BEST case scenario is that everyone backs off the QBs this year, we trade down to #10, picking up extra picks, STILL get our QB, and he's great.

4. What the **** makes a QB elite, anyway? Tell me. You tell me right now the difference between an RG3 and a Tyler Wilson or Geno Smith. What is it? Intelligence? Because Peyton Manning isn't doing physics in his spare time. Then what? Arm strength? **** you, Geno Smith has great arm strength and Kyle Boller is a human turd. Okay... the offense they play in? Right, because RG3 was running the Giants offense at ****ing Baylor. Accuracy? Try again. Production? Win Loss?

The fact is, people are ****ing morons about QBs. If they weren't, then QB would be the EASIEST position to draft instead of the hardest.

If that's too much for you, then get the **** out. Let the big boys make the hard decisions.

Geno Smith, WHEN YOU ****ING WATCH HIM, has talent as a pocket passing QB. His passes look fantastic, they arrive on time and in place and have enough velocity that pro DBs will not be able to close on them despite being out of position.

Is he the greatest QB to ever live? No. Is he the best QB to be drafted in the last 5 years? Probably not. And to go further, there will probably be ANOTHER QB in the next 5 years who is better. Who gives a shit? We need a talented QB to lead this team and the ONLY way to get one right now is through the draft. The best odds at getting on in the draft is in the first round.

WE ARE DRAFTING A QUARTERBACK AND ANYONE WHO BITCHES ABOUT IT CAN SUCK SHIT OUT OF A MULE'S ASSHOLE.

Could you please elaborate, I'm not quite sure what you mean. :D

I agree btw.

Quesadilla Joe 11-02-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OctoberFart (Post 9077127)
Didn't Peter King say Peyton Manning was washed up and KC would win the AFCW?

He actually predicted Denver would play the Packers in the Super Bowl and that Manning would win league MVP.

Imon Yourside 11-02-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9077145)
He actually predicted Denver would play the Packers in the Super Bowl and that Manning would win league MVP.

So he was smoking something after all.

saphojunkie 11-02-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

He predicted both.

Bump 11-02-2012 10:52 AM

WTF is this shit?

Is this Pioli propaganda so we can stick with Cassel? I'm very skeptical that Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson and Tyler Bray all aren't good prospects for a top pick.

Chief_For_Life58 11-02-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Is he the greatest QB to ever live? No. Is he the best QB to be drafted in the last 5 years? Probably not. And to go further, there will probably be ANOTHER QB in the next 5 years who is better. Who gives a shit? We need a talented QB to lead this team and the ONLY way to get one right now is through the draft. The best odds at getting one in the draft is in the first round.

this times a kajillion billion multipled by a trillion

Bump 11-02-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...gifs/zTIwC.gif

PhillyChiefFan 11-02-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

:clap:

Pasta Little Brioni 11-02-2012 11:19 AM

Pathetic troll attempt of epic proportion. Neg bomb.

ToxSocks 11-02-2012 11:20 AM

Good.

When our new HC comes in i hope he drafts a dominant lineman. That;s how the best teams are built, from the inside out.

DJ's left nut 11-02-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9077251)

I'm on board with that one...

L.A. Chieffan 11-02-2012 11:37 AM

BPA

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-02-2012 01:38 PM

Good. Let them sell that line of shit. Maybe it will lower the stock a little so we can appeal to Clark's cheap-assed side.

BigMeatballDave 11-02-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9077254)
Good.

When our new HC comes in i hope he drafts a dominant lineman. That;s how the best teams are built, from the inside out.

You need a solid QB.

Looks to me that the best teams have the best QBs.

Rasputin 11-02-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAChief (Post 9076392)
Barkley = Blackledge

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/...onFinnegan.gif

ToxSocks 11-02-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9077761)
You need a solid QB.

Looks to me that the best teams have the best QBs.

Nope. Lies.

whoman69 11-02-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9077763)

Amazingly enough it was Johnson who was penalized.

BigMeatballDave 11-02-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9077779)
Nope. Lies.

LOL

tredadda 11-02-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9076849)
Murray chokes in big games and withers when UGA gets behind. He is a poor leader and we don't want him. I am as much of a UGA fan as I am a Chiefs fan. I have seen every play he has ever made on the field.

In no way is that what I was saying buddy boy. We have to draft a QB. I would like to move back into the first round and get one. However, taking a QB with the #1 pick this yer seems pretty stupid to me at this point. We should probably take Jarvis Jones or trade back if we can.

THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is what this team lacks, a stud SEC defensive player. One more and we are SB champs.

saphojunkie 11-02-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9077251)

Do you mean the OP?

BossChief 11-02-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9077888)
Do you mean the OP?

KnowMo.

BigMeatballDave 11-02-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9076877)
Brock Osweiller probably woulda been the top QB on the board this year if he stayed.

Go back to your cave.

Trollogladyte.

okcchief 11-02-2012 02:39 PM

Draft one in each of the first 2 rounds. No, I'm not kidding.

DaneMcCloud 11-02-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9077955)

Stupid

DJ's left nut 11-02-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9077955)

I honestly would not be opposed to going Smith in the first and EJ Manuel or Tyler Bray in the 2nd (though I don't think Bray will come out without a 1st round grade). I would even consider Logan Thomas there, though I think that will likely be far higher than necessary and he could be had in the 3rd.

I'd definitely take Landry Jones in the 3rd as well.

The Chiefs need to blow their entire QB situation to hell and gone. They need at least 2 new ones in here and I don't care if that requires 2 high value picks. If a guy like Jones has as much as one or two decent games, he'd be worth more than the 3rd rounder you spent on him in a season or two.

BigMeatballDave 11-02-2012 02:45 PM

I don't think Bray enters this draft.

DaneMcCloud 11-02-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9077968)
I honestly would not be opposed to going Smith in the first and EJ Manuel or Tyler Bray in the 2nd (though I don't think Bray will come out without a 1st round grade). I would even consider Logan Thomas there, though I think that will likely be far higher than necessary and he could be had in the 3rd.

I'd definitely take Landry Jones in the 3rd as well.

The Chiefs need to blow their entire QB situation to hell and gone. They need at least 2 new ones in here and I don't care if that requires 2 high value picks. If a guy like Jones has as much as one or two decent games, he'd be worth more than the 3rd rounder you spent on him in a season or two.

Dude, come on. The Chiefs aren't investing their top two picks in QB's come 2013. This team has FAR too many other needs including Strong Safety, Rush Backer, ILB, Tight End and most likely WR.

I appreciate the enthusiasm but that'll never happen. Plus, a new coaching staff will have their hands full with ONE rookie QB, let alone two or three.

RealSNR 11-02-2012 02:57 PM

I'm fine with Geno and Landry Jones in the 4th or something like that.

But Christ. Find a veteran to fill out the rest of the QB squad. It's totally unnecessary to turn to draft all these QBs.

Teams with with a franchise QB. Not franchise QBs

RealSNR 11-02-2012 03:04 PM

We should make a daring push to acquire Gradkowski or Campbell.

QB Derek Anderson Carolina Panthers
QB Charlie Batch Pittsburgh Steelers
QB Jason Campbell Chicago Bears
QB Chase Daniel New Orleans Saints
QB Trent Edwards Philadelphia Eagles
QB Joe Flacco Baltimore Ravens Free Agent
QB Bruce Gradkowski Cincinnati Bengals
QB Rex Grossman Washington Redskins
QB Tarvaris Jackson Buffalo Bills
QB Byron Leftwich Pittsburgh Steelers

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/featu...#ixzz2B6LX9ZdA

ROYC75 11-02-2012 03:06 PM

I'm not impressed by any of them either. ( scouts)

DJ's left nut 11-02-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9077978)
Dude, come on. The Chiefs aren't investing their top two picks in QB's come 2013. This team has FAR too many other needs including Strong Safety, Rush Backer, ILB, Tight End and most likely WR.

I appreciate the enthusiasm but that'll never happen. Plus, a new coaching staff will have their hands full with ONE rookie QB, let alone two or three.

This is true.

What if you could deal a 2nd, move back a bit and pick up an extra 3rd. Would you not grab Jones or Thomas in the 3rd round at that point?

FlaChief58 11-02-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9076228)
Bad year to pick a QB 1, 2 or 3. QBs sinking like stones in eyes of NFL scouts.

https://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing/sta...03092294238208

I firmly believe that our new GM & HC will not **** this up & will draft the best available QB with our #1 overall pick who will be leaps and bounds better than anything currently on our roster.

Enjoy your stroll to the playoffs this year. 2013 wont be so easy

DaneMcCloud 11-02-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9078033)
This is true.

What if you could deal a 2nd, move back a bit and pick up an extra 3rd. Would you not grab Jones or Thomas in the 3rd round at that point?

I'm not a fan of Landry Jones and would be disappointed if the Chiefs drafted him before the 5th round. I think he's much like Stanzi at this point.

Logan Thomas is an intriguing prospect but I think the ACC is so weak that it's tough to determine how long it would take to mold him into an NFL QB. He's a guy I'll need to see in a bowl game this year and after the Combines before making a determination.

DJ's left nut 11-02-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9078054)
I'm not a fan of Landry Jones and would be disappointed if the Chiefs drafted him before the 5th round. I think he's much like Stanzi at this point.

Logan Thomas is an intriguing prospect but I think the ACC is so weak that it's tough to determine how long it would take to mold him into an NFL QB. He's a guy I'll need to see in a bowl game this year and after the Combines before making a determination.

So if a QB you liked slipped to the third, would we have to have acquired an additional 3rd rounder to take him? Would you take him with our only 3rd? Or would you still prefer to avoid having 2 rookie QBs on the roster even if we did get another one?

I suppose it would depend in large part on what's available, but I think a backup QB should really be a consideration there.

DaneMcCloud 11-02-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9078075)
So if a QB you liked slipped to the third, would we have to have acquired an additional 3rd rounder to take him? Would you take him with our only 3rd? Or would you still prefer to avoid having 2 rookie QBs on the roster even if we did get another one?

I suppose it would depend in large part on what's available, but I think a backup QB should really be a consideration there.

There are so many factors involved. Did the Chiefs address need positions in Free Agency? Is there an immediate starter at a position like ILB, Strong Safety, WR or TE available?

This draft is "supposedly" the deepest at rush backer. If there was a guy like Houston in the third, I think I'd take him before a developmental QB, especially if I have one on the roster.

It's a tough question to answer at this stage. I just hope they draft a QB with the 1st round pick.

BigMeatballDave 11-02-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9078012)

No way Baltimore does not sign Flacco.

kcxiv 11-02-2012 03:44 PM

Our defense may also go back to the 4-3. so its gonna be interesting. IF they do that, we wont need a ILB. We would need more then likely an outside linebacker if they move hali to DE.

Next year right now is a huge question mark.

DaneMcCloud 11-02-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9078106)
Our defense may also go back to the 4-3. so its gonna be interesting. IF they do that, we wont need a ILB. We would need more then likely an outside linebacker if they move hali to DE.

Next year right now is a huge question mark.

I really hope they don't go back to the 4-3. I hope they run the 1 gap 3-4.

BossChief 11-02-2012 03:54 PM

Don't forget that we WILL. Be getting an extra third rounder for losing Brandon Carr and we should get at least 2 other comp picks as well.

Can't trade comp picks, but I'm saying that even if we move our original third for a second quarterback...it's not like we won't be able to acquire more talent.

Also, just cutting Cassel and Jackson frees up over 20 million that can be spent in free agency. No way a new GM keeps those 2 at their price tags.

DaneMcCloud 11-02-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9078122)
Don't forget that we WILL. Be getting an extra third rounder for losing Brandon Carr and we should get at least 2 other comp picks as well.

Can't trade comp picks, but I'm saying that even if we move our original third for a second quarterback...it's not like we won't be able to acquire more talent.

Also, just cutting Cassel and Jackson frees up over 20 million that can be spent in free agency. No way a new GM keeps those 2 at their price tags.

I know that Routt sucks ass but I'm not so sure the Chiefs will get a 3rd for Carr. Hope, but uncertain.

HemiEd 11-02-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

And then you woke up from the dream?

BossChief 11-02-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9078126)
I know that Routt sucks ass but I'm not so sure the Chiefs will get a 3rd for Carr. Hope, but uncertain.

Routt has NOTHING to do with it. it's all about the +\- count of qualifying free agents lost and signed.

A qualifying free agent is a player that contract runs out and signs elsewhere. Routt was cut, as were Winston and Boss.

After you are up in that count (lost more than u signed) it all depends on amount they signed for and playing time.

Carr will get us a third. Without question.

DaneMcCloud 11-02-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9078138)

Cool. I had completely forgotten the rules.

keg in kc 11-02-2012 04:14 PM

Same shit as every year. QBs lose some games and suddenly the scouts don't like them anymore. Then we'll have the combine and suddenly they'll be in love with them again.

KCinNY 11-02-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9078118)
I really hope they don't go back to the 4-3. I hope they run the 1 gap 3-4.

This.

Really getting annoyed by truefan-esque acquaintances who hate the 3-4 based on RAC's version of it. The 3-4 run by Dallas, Houston, SF among others is vastly different from the scheme run by the Chiefs.

kcxiv 11-02-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCinNY (Post 9078178)
This.

Really getting annoyed by truefan-esque acquaintances who hate the 3-4 based on RAC's version of it. The 3-4 run by Dallas, Houston, SF among others is vastly different from the scheme run by the Chiefs.

It has nothing at all to do with the true fan, it all has to do with the kind of GM and Coach this team hires next.

My point was. NO ONE KNOWS what is gonna happen and if he is a 3-4 or a 4-3 coach. There is ALOT of question marks when the offseason comes.

Personally, i dont care what the team runs as long as it shows results. something this team really hasnt had in a long long time. Well consistent results.

saphojunkie 11-02-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9078138)
Routt has NOTHING to do with it. it's all about the +\- count of qualifying free agents lost and signed.

A qualifying free agent is a player that contract runs out and signs elsewhere. Routt was cut, as were Winston and Boss.

After you are up in that count (lost more than u signed) it all depends on amount they signed for and playing time.

Fascinating... I didn't realize that if the acquired free agent were cut that it didn't count towards the +/-

Thanks for the info.

Cannibal 11-02-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitlockbabymomma (Post 9076357)
Wow, we can't even get the timing of suck right.

You're a total bitch, but you're right about this.

DaneMcCloud 11-02-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9078440)
You're a total bitch, but you're right about this.

No, she is not.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-02-2012 07:27 PM

Scouts: Not impressed with Denver's performance against actual teams this year

KCFaninSEA 11-02-2012 08:55 PM

The defensive scheme, draft picks, free agents and returning players will all be determined by who ever is running the franchise. It won't be the same people as this year so any number of things could happen. Who ever is running the show will give us "he fits our scheme" speeches letting us know that this QB or that is better for their "system". Anything and everything should happen between now and next September. If nothing else it will be interesting.

BigMeatballDave 11-02-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9078506)
No, she is not.

No a bitch, or about this?

:)

JohnnyHammersticks 11-02-2012 09:44 PM

Why all this commotion about drafting a QB? We need depth at guard and a few more 4-3 defensive tackles to plug in at the 5 technique. Plus, we need more hybrid 3rd-down RB/Slot Receivers-- championship teams can never have too many of them. Just be patient, and in a few years, some has-been like Michael Vick or Tony Romo will be available and we'll finally have some good competition for Matt.

Regards, S.P.

jspchief 11-02-2012 09:45 PM

Tough break if true that none of these guys are any good (unlikely).

A team has 2 choices. Take the best guy they can get with the pick they have, or do everything it takes to get the guy they want in the year he comes along. You can't sit back and hope that your team happens to be the worst in the league the year Manning or Luck comes out.

Titty Meat 11-02-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9078126)

They will. Routt wasn't a free agent he was released by his team same with Winston.

Tombstone RJ 11-02-2012 10:17 PM

The reality is kc doesn't have the luxury of NOT drafting a QB high in the first round. I'm literally LMAO because I told you clowns this before!!

go ahead, search for my posts where I told you that passing on a QB like Nick Foles in the mid rounds was idiotic! Stupid. Why--because now your team will be forced to take a MUCH BIGGER chance on a high first round QB.

I would wish you all "good luck" on drafting a QB, but since you all are pretty much completely jaded in your ability to listen to any reason (and because you are rival fans), I'm wishing you all get exactly what YOU want:

A #1 QB pick, the first pick taken in the first round of the 2013 class.

Saccopoo 11-02-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9076849)
Murray chokes in big games and withers when UGA gets behind. He is a poor leader and we don't want him. I am as much of a UGA fan as I am a Chiefs fan. I have seen every play he has ever made on the field.

In no way is that what I was saying buddy boy. We have to draft a QB. I would like to move back into the first round and get one. However, taking a QB with the #1 pick this yer seems pretty stupid to me at this point. We should probably take Jarvis Jones or trade back if we can.

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/uploads/ga...36b943f758.gif

Saccopoo 11-02-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 9076865)
Your comment could have easily been used when discussing Aaron Rodgers heading into the 2005 draft.

The reality is that QB is the hardest position to pick, and the analysts will only say a QB is elite if he fits their prototype mold of big size, rocket arm, amazing accuracy, big winner in college, experience in pro-style offense, multiple years as a starter, etc.

Weird...

That sounds just like Geno Smith.

Tombstone RJ 11-02-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9078868)
Weird...

That sounds just like Geno Smith.

What big games has Geno Smith won?

my bad, he won the Orange Bowl. Anyway, put all your eggs in the Geno Smith basket, why not? You gotta start somewhere...

Saccopoo 11-02-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9076926)
Hmmmm....

Big size: 6'3'', 214 seems pretty big.
Rocket arm: Ever see the velocity on Geno's ball?
Amazing accuracy: Well his accuracy's gone up every year, at 75% this season.
Big winner in college: 9-4 as a Soph Starter, 10-3 as a JR and Orange Bowl mvp. Does that count?
Experience in a pro-style offense: It doesn't get much more pro-style than the Bill Stewart/Jeff Mullen offense he ran as a soph when he completed nearly 2/3 of his passes and had better than a 3-1 TD/INT ratio.
Multiple years as a starter: Is 3 okay?

Scouts don't like Geno Smith because scouts never like Senior quarterbacks unless they do crazy shit like run 4.40 40s. Geno Smith is what you're looking for in an NFL quarterback. He's excelled over a long period. He's excelled in different systems. He has the size and skills to excel and even brings some bonus tools like his quick release to the party (so that shouldn't need to be tinkered with).

You'll need to work on his feet a little, they can be inconsistent. You'll also want to work on his reads, as is the case with any QB that wasn't Andrew Luck. In the end, if the Chiefs pass on this kid they will regret it for a very long time.

And Geno has put on weight this year. He's around 225 currently.

CaliforniaChief 11-02-2012 10:40 PM

Read this article about Geno. It shows the character of a man when he's struggling. Make particular notes of the following and ask yourself if he would grade himself out perfectly:

"Holgorsen reiterated this week that Smith took too much blame for the 55-14 loss to Kansas State, one of the worst home losses in school history.

''He needs to handle the loss a little bit better,'' Holgorsen said. ''There are a whole bunch of people that play in the game, and coaches that are involved in the game. So there are a whole lot of people that can accept responsibility for the game, whether it's good or bad. He's not responsible for a loss.''

But Spavital pointed out Smith is quick to fall on the sword after a loss because it comes natural.

''That's just him,'' Spavital said. ''He's the quarterback, and he has that whole persona of 'If I lose, I'll take all the blame.'''

'Dana knows that I'm my own biggest critic and I'm always going to be hard on myself,'' Smith said. ''I think he understands that it's just my competitive nature and I'm never going to be hard on myself to the point where I would lose confidence.

''No one man can win or lose a game. But as the quarterback, I control a lot of what's going on out on the field, which is why I'm so hard on myself - because I want to win them all.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/geno-sm...42--ncaaf.html

Bewbies 11-02-2012 10:43 PM

Geno is a great prospect. Come April this place will be very, very excited about his future.

RealSNR 11-02-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9078859)
The reality is kc doesn't have the luxury of NOT drafting a QB high in the first round. I'm literally LMAO because I told you clowns this before!!

go ahead, search for my posts where I told you that passing on a QB like Nick Foles in the mid rounds was idiotic! Stupid. Why--because now your team will be forced to take a MUCH BIGGER chance on a high first round QB.

I would wish you all "good luck" on drafting a QB, but since you all are pretty much completely jaded in your ability to listen to any reason (and because you are rival fans), I'm wishing you all get exactly what YOU want:

OH NOES WHAT THE **** WOULD WE DO WITHOUT ANOTHER SHITTY RICKY STANZI ON THIS TEAM???

PROBABLY SIT HIM BEHIND CASSEL AND QUINN.

Go **** yourself. Did it occur to you that this direction we're taking now with the QB is EXACTLY the way we wanted it to go?

Enjoy Manning for the next two years. Your team will be shitty garbage when he leaves

AussieChiefsFan 11-02-2012 10:45 PM

It shows what kind of character he has. That he's not big headed, and trying to avoid reprehensibility (even if he;s not to blame)

RealSNR 11-02-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9078893)
Read this article about Geno. It shows the character of a man when he's struggling. Make particular notes of the following and ask yourself if he would grade himself out perfectly:

"Holgorsen reiterated this week that Smith took too much blame for the 55-14 loss to Kansas State, one of the worst home losses in school history.

''He needs to handle the loss a little bit better,'' Holgorsen said. ''There are a whole bunch of people that play in the game, and coaches that are involved in the game. So there are a whole lot of people that can accept responsibility for the game, whether it's good or bad. He's not responsible for a loss.''

But Spavital pointed out Smith is quick to fall on the sword after a loss because it comes natural.

''That's just him,'' Spavital said. ''He's the quarterback, and he has that whole persona of 'If I lose, I'll take all the blame.'''

'Dana knows that I'm my own biggest critic and I'm always going to be hard on myself,'' Smith said. ''I think he understands that it's just my competitive nature and I'm never going to be hard on myself to the point where I would lose confidence.

''No one man can win or lose a game. But as the quarterback, I control a lot of what's going on out on the field, which is why I'm so hard on myself - because I want to win them all.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/geno-sm...42--ncaaf.html

RacistBob will conveniently ignore this.

CaliforniaChief 11-02-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9078899)
Geno is a great prospect. Come April this place will be very, very excited about his future.

Agreed. He is smart, creative, and has all the physical tools to make it work.

He seems to be responsible, a strong leader, and ready for the NFL.

3 year starter at a big-time school with success?

Yeah, I'll take that.

AussieChiefsFan 11-02-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9078908)
Agreed. He is smart, creative, and has all the physical tools to make it work.

He seems to be responsible, a strong leader, and ready for the NFL.

3 year starter at a big-time school with success?

Yeah, I'll take that.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbgja6amUA1qb9nyp.gif

Gravedigger 11-02-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9078865)

Nice. I think it's impossible to tell which quarterback will be the better long term QB. Elite is a rare thing that only few achieve, it's not rated by superbowl wins, IE Dan Marino. Phillip Rivers, Jay Cutler, and Cam Newton will never know what it feels like to be a superbowl quarterback because they can't lead a team worth a shit. I want a leader, a man on the field, and when he makes a mistake he can get right back up and have a vengeful side to make that team pay afterwards. I hate the excuse that the Chiefs have one thing happen to them and then they suck the rest of the game. Barkley and Geno seem like leaders, I want to know how they respond once they get knocked on their asses. Geno hasn't responded well to his adversity this year, and Barkley will be interesting to see how he bounces back against Oregon. If Barkley is the shit, he'll do to the Oregon defense what not many teams have been able to do. I'd pick the higher upside overall and take Smith, but I think with either Quarterback we'll get someone we can rely on.

CaliforniaChief 11-02-2012 10:50 PM

Oh yeah, and when we dump this entire abortion of a coaching staff and front office, we will might actually have coaches who can help him with his footwork and other things that will help him become great.

Brock 11-02-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

I'm wishing you all get exactly what YOU want:

Thanks.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-03-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

History says you are wrong dumbass. Midround QB's rarely if ever work. So yeah, still a dumbass donkey.

RealSNR 11-03-2012 10:17 AM

If only we would have taken shitty cock-sucking Nick Foles! Then our pussy shit coaching staff could be afraid to play HIM as well, and instead go with experience as the best chance to win.

Oh, and let's not forget that Nick Foles is worse than Ricky Stanzi.

**** this Cockstone chest-pounding mong