ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc My ghost story from today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263113)

Iowanian 09-01-2012 11:18 PM

The computer I'm using now is about 15' from where the previous owner of this home died. It's dark in here right now.

I kind of wondered if we'd have a boogie man as several people from that family died here....but nothing.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-01-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 8871957)
"come to bed sweety, I'm waiting for you to turn out the light"

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...fZ88IMbwNr97Sr

More fail. Nice try though, really. Things don't freak me out in my own apt even if it is next door to a funeral home.

Iowanian 09-01-2012 11:20 PM

I've told my story here before.

Easy 6 09-01-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8871641)
I'm not saying I believe whole-heartedly...

If you're confident of your lucidity at the time, you should.

Science only explains half of our experience, i'm sure you know that.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-01-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 8871961)
The computer I'm using now is about 15' from where the previous owner of this home died. It's dark in here right now.

I kind of wondered if we'd have a boogie man as several people from that family died here....but nothing.

My mom still sleeps in the same bed my dad died in... nothing.

Maybe you think I'm all in on this stuff happening all the time.... heh.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-01-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 8871965)
If you're confident of your lucidity at the time, you should.

Science only explains half of our experience, i'm sure you know that.

Like I said to Rain Man earlier in the thread... I think we're short-sighted if we think what we know is all there is. At the same time my own knowledge of the buildings history could have clouded my subconscience.

Anything is possible and I'll never deny that.

Buehler445 09-01-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8871959)
It was pretty cool. The only annoyances were when the tv remote was found in the freezer now and then.

I'd still take that.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-01-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 8871964)
I've told my story here before.

Please feel free to tell it again for those of us who missed it. Seriously.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-01-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 8871973)
I'd still take that.

It would have made sense if kiddo could have reached the freezer at the time but she couldn't. We tested her.

aturnis 09-02-2012 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 8871739)
That sounds like sleep paralysis. Hallucinations are common in that transitional period between wakefulness and sleep.

I have personally experienced sleep paralysis a handful of times. Freaky stuff. Wake up, can't move, at all. Can't call for help. Just slowly come out of it after something like the longest 5 minutes of your life.

It's almost like sleeping on your arm funny making it fall asleep to the point where you have zero control of your hand. Only without the tingly feeling. Then it slowly comes back.

aturnis 09-02-2012 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 8871961)

You probably do. They're likely too fascinated by your fap routine to let themselves be known, for fear they might spook you. Pervy ghosts...

Chiefs=Champions 09-02-2012 04:05 AM

Did the woman look all see through-y or did she just look like a person hanging?

KChiefer 09-02-2012 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8872065)
I have personally experienced sleep paralysis a handful of times. Freaky stuff. Wake up, can't move, at all. Can't call for help. Just slowly come out of it after something like the longest 5 minutes of your life.

It's almost like sleeping on your arm funny making it fall asleep to the point where you have zero control of your hand. Only without the tingly feeling. Then it slowly comes back.

Have you ever been abducted by aliens?

Pasta Little Brioni 09-02-2012 05:08 AM

those damn midgets

bevischief 09-02-2012 05:41 AM

Watch your cornhole...

http://www.alienresistance.org/ce4.htm

Pasta Little Brioni 09-02-2012 06:21 AM

then the aliens

bevischief 09-02-2012 06:30 AM

Hope you have your prepared your will.

InChiefsHeaven 09-02-2012 06:46 AM

http://www.dreadcentral.com/img/news.../zakheader.jpg

beach tribe 09-02-2012 06:50 AM

So, Ghosty transparent, or just like she was actually there?
And how can you see something like that and then have doubts about being a "believer"?
I believe in A LOT of shit, but my belief in ghosts, died with youtube. There isn't an occurrence in this world that doesn't get caught on video.
And there is not ONE legitimate picture or video of a ghost.
I'm really torn by your story, because it just doesn't sound like BS, and I want to believe you, I just can't

Al Bundy 09-02-2012 07:57 AM

I believe in them and I have seen one.

Frazod 09-02-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 8872286)

I do watch this show sometimes, and sometimes they capture stuff on film that seems real, but this guy may well be the biggest douchebag that ever lived. LMAO

Red Beans 09-02-2012 08:29 AM

This probably has to do with the fact you gave up booze... DTs are a bitch!

TEX 09-02-2012 08:43 AM

Whatever...

The Iron Chief 09-02-2012 08:49 AM

Damn Johnny I grew up with you man....so sad to see you couldnt stick with LSD and Pot.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/trutv/trutv....bath-salts.jpg

InChiefsHeaven 09-02-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8872352)
I do watch this show sometimes, and sometimes they capture stuff on film that seems real, but this guy may well be the biggest douchebag that ever lived. LMAO

It's a guilty pleasure of me and my wife. I started out hating it, but now I love the shit. Some of it seems ridiculous, but unless they are lying (and that's entirely possible) they do catch some interesting audio AND video that makes you go hmmmm.

The Vallisca Axe Murder House episode was especially intriguing...

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-02-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 8872290)
So, Ghosty transparent, or just like she was actually there?
And how can you see something like that and then have doubts about being a "believer"?
I believe in A LOT of shit, but my belief in ghosts, died with youtube. There isn't an occurrence in this world that doesn't get caught on video.
And there is not ONE legitimate picture or video of a ghost.
I'm really torn by your story, because it just doesn't sound like BS, and I want to believe you, I just can't

It was like an actual person but I didn't look real long.

And as I've explained at least twice I say I'm still not totally convinced because I did know about the storys and I'm not ruling out that my subconscience had something to do with it. I've also said I think it's short-sighted to think what we know or "our realm" if you will, is all there is. So basically yes I believe in something I just don't know what it is... if that makes any sense.

JD10367 09-02-2012 09:04 PM

Now I'm intrigued.

Not about the ghost stuff... I want a picture of TIMMMAAY!!! to see if she's prettier or uglier than your summary. :D

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-02-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 8873367)
Now I'm intrigued.

Not about the ghost stuff... I want a picture of TIMMMAAY!!! to see if she's prettier or uglier than your summary. :D

facepalm

JD10367 09-02-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8873368)
facepalm

She looks like a facepalm?

How's this: pick the Hollywood actress or famous musician who looks most like her, and we'll let you know our opinion. :D

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-02-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 8873375)
She looks like a facepalm?

How's this: pick the Hollywood actress or famous musician who looks most like her, and we'll let you know our opinion. :D

Yes. It's tragic.

Bugeater 09-02-2012 09:45 PM

So no ghost update today? I am disappoint.

KChiefer 09-02-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 8873447)
So no ghost update today? I am disappoint.

She must not be that into him, otherwise she'd be swingin' off them nutz!

In58men 09-02-2012 10:21 PM

I'm not saying it's aliens but.......

lewdog 09-02-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 8873474)
I'm not saying it's aliens but.......

did they stick a satellite up your ass?

In58men 09-02-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 8873477)
did they stick a satellite up your ass?

Not sure what you're saying here.

lewdog 09-02-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 8873480)
Not sure what you're saying here.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WOgYhabN1sU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In58men 09-02-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 8873488)
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WOgYhabN1sU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ROFL ate up

bevischief 09-03-2012 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8873363)

And as I've explained at least twice I say I'm still not totally convinced because I did know about the storys and I'm not ruling out that my subconscience had something to do with it. I've also said I think it's short-sighted to think what we know or "our realm" if you will, is all there is. So basically yes I believe in something I just don't know what it is... if that makes any sense.

About what time did you see this? I believe you saw something.

beach tribe 09-03-2012 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8873363)

Not trying to be an asshole here.
When you are a kid, your imagination can run wild, and you can convince yourself that you saw something, but even then still know in your heart whether it's true or not.

You're a grown man. You either saw a woman hanging from a rope, or you didn't.
So did you you or didn't you?

I do not believe that this realm is the only one AT ALL

Pasta Little Brioni 09-03-2012 06:30 AM

then the ghosts

bevischief 09-03-2012 06:34 AM

began bad touching

beach tribe 09-03-2012 06:38 AM

sweet salty nuts

bevischief 09-03-2012 06:46 AM

and chocolate logs

threebag 09-03-2012 06:56 AM

Jerking Ectoplasm Throughout

bevischief 09-03-2012 07:13 AM

so the butt

threebag 09-03-2012 07:15 AM

Awaits Gate Keeper

Frazod 09-03-2012 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 8873324)
It's a guilty pleasure of me and my wife. I started out hating it, but now I love the shit. Some of it seems ridiculous, but unless they are lying (and that's entirely possible) they do catch some interesting audio AND video that makes you go hmmmm.

The Vallisca Axe Murder House episode was especially intriguing...

The one that really stands out for me was the episode where they were in the old Canadian fort, and captured the contorting shadow behind the guy who worked there. I always prefer the episodes where they capture something visually on film. The ones where they come up with complete sentences based on static hissing with their "white noise" machine are really lame. I mean, I believe in this stuff, and while I'd like to believe they're actually experiencing what they claim to be experiencing, I know that the main purpose of the show isn't to find ghosts, but rather to make money - just like every other advertised show on TV.

My personal ghost experience was backed up by an animal. My friend's dog went berserk when he took him up to the room where "the Major" was. The dog whimpered and squirmed, and ran off like a shot to get out of there when put down, but acted normally everywhere else in the house. Kind of hard to fake that. Yet Zak and his buddies NEVER talk about animals and their sensitivity to this sort of thing, nor is there ever any mention of animals by anybody they interview. That bothers me. Apparently they haven't been able to find a dog that's impressed by their white noise machine.

bevischief 09-03-2012 07:25 AM

My aunt bought a haunted house.

boogblaster 09-03-2012 10:53 AM

lived in one once .. always heard one walkin upstairs .....

InChiefsHeaven 09-03-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8873686)
The one that really stands out for me was the episode where they were in the old Canadian fort, and captured the contorting shadow behind the guy who worked there. I always prefer the episodes where they capture something visually on film. The ones where they come up with complete sentences based on static hissing with their "white noise" machine are really lame. I mean, I believe in this stuff, and while I'd like to believe they're actually experiencing what they claim to be experiencing, I know that the main purpose of the show isn't to find ghosts, but rather to make money - just like every other advertised show on TV.

My personal ghost experience was backed up by an animal. My friend's dog went berserk when he took him up to the room where "the Major" was. The dog whimpered and squirmed, and ran off like a shot to get out of there when put down, but acted normally everywhere else in the house. Kind of hard to fake that. Yet Zak and his buddies NEVER talk about animals and their sensitivity to this sort of thing, nor is there ever any mention of animals by anybody they interview. That bothers me. Apparently they haven't been able to find a dog that's impressed by their white noise machine.

I have ALWAYS said they should have a dog with them...everyone knows animals are extra sensitive to this stuff. If you believe in it. Which I do as well.

Yeah the one with the moving shadow was legit creepy. Probably the best video evidence they have.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-03-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 8873639)
About what time did you see this? I believe you saw something.

Early afternoon

Frazod 09-03-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 8875241)
I have ALWAYS said they should have a dog with them...everyone knows animals are extra sensitive to this stuff. If you believe in it. Which I do as well.

Yeah the one with the moving shadow was legit creepy. Probably the best video evidence they have.

Upon reflection, I guess it's possible they aren't allowed to. I mean, assuming they go to a different, truly haunted location every episode, they'd be traumatizing the poor dog everywhere they went. That probably wouldn't look too good on TV. Plus, they'd have PETA and ASPCA up their asses nonstop.

But if this is the case, they should mention it.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-03-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 8873652)
Not trying to be an asshole here.
When you are a kid, your imagination can run wild, and you can convince yourself that you saw something, but even then still know in your heart whether it's true or not.

You're a grown man. You either saw a woman hanging from a rope, or you didn't.
So did you you or didn't you?

I do not believe that this realm is the only one AT ALL

Yes I saw something... hence the thread. If I've been bad at getting my point accross here I will say definately yes I believe there's more going on than what we see and know everyday. I definatley believe the supernatural can be real.

I also sometimes may play devils advocate to an extreme. While I believe it's all possible if there is any logical explaination I'm very open to that too. My "logical explaination" if you will, is that I knew the storys and therefor my subconscience could have played a role. I just don't know. I was putting it out there for discussion and the discussion has been good.

Bugeater 09-03-2012 07:48 PM

Yeah there's something to the dog thing, we've had two dogs since we've lived here and both of them were freaked out by our basement. Plus there was that time when LiveSteam crashed on my couch in the basement, he swore the next morning that he'd never, ever sleep there again. Said he kept waking up feeling like someone was watching him or some shit. I crash down there all the time and I've never noticed anything.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-03-2012 07:55 PM

I'm with you guys on the animal thing. I don't understand why tv shows don't use them. PETA?

Here's the real reason I don't believe whats on a tv show though..... it's a tv show. It can be edited, effects can be added, etc.. It's just not a credible source of information to me. That's not to say they fake things.... but they CAN. It's also not to say it's not entertaining.

aturnis 09-03-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 8872215)
Have you ever been abducted by aliens?

Are you a fooking idiot?

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-03-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8875272)
Upon reflection, I guess it's possible they aren't allowed to. I mean, assuming they go to a different, truly haunted location every episode, they'd be traumatizing the poor dog everywhere they went. That probably wouldn't look too good on TV. Plus, they'd have PETA and ASPCA up their asses nonstop.

But if this is the case, they should mention it.

You mentioned PETA before me... my repost.

lewdog 09-03-2012 07:59 PM

I have a ghost story. You know when you take a really good poop and you look in the toilet and the poop is gone? Then you wipe and nothing shows on the TP?

I love ghost poops.

Frazod 09-03-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8875323)
You mentioned PETA before me... my repost.

Seems like it would be a real damned if you do, damned if you don't proposition.

Bring a dog, dog freaks out, people object because it's cruel, or...

Bring a dog, dog has no reaction, oops.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-03-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 8875324)
I have a ghost story. You know when you take a really good poop and you look in the toilet and the poop is gone? Then you wipe and nothing shows on the TP?

I love ghost poops.

Sharter

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-03-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8875327)
Seems like it would be a real damned if you do, damned if you don't proposition.

Bring a dog, dog freaks out, people object because it's cruel, or...

Bring a dog, dog has no reaction, oops.

Yes. That may indeed be why the don't do it.

Frazod 09-03-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8875332)
Yes. That may indeed be why the don't do it.

Kind of hard to sell white noise voices when the dog is sitting in the most haunted spot in the building licking its balls. :D

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-03-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8875333)
Kind of hard to sell white noise voices when the dog is sitting in the most haunted spot in the building licking its balls. :D

LMAO yes

lewdog 09-03-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8875331)
Sharter

Total opposite in fact. Haven't you have those?

Frazod 09-03-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 8875284)
Yeah there's something to the dog thing, we've had two dogs since we've lived here and both of them were freaked out by our basement. Plus there was that time when LiveSteam crashed on my couch in the basement, he swore the next morning that he'd never, ever sleep there again. Said he kept waking up feeling like someone was watching him or some shit. I crash down there all the time and I've never noticed anything.

I'd be interested to hear his take on this.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-03-2012 08:07 PM

My bestest friend took a tour through an old "haunted" nursing home last summer and took pitcures whenever they thought they heard or felt something. It was all flash photography at night. There are several pics that have white orbs in them but that's all. No human shapes, shadows on the wall or "ghosts" just roundish white orbs. No reason for them to be there of course.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-03-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 8875340)
Total opposite in fact. Haven't you have those?

A phantom poo? I don't think so.

LiveSteam 09-03-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8875343)
I'd be interested to hear his take on this.

I havent spent the night since either. I dont know how to describe it. Just that felling that you are being watched. I can tell you this. The incident when the over head lights came crashing down at 4am in the garage for no reason at all. DIDNT HELP NONE!

InChiefsHeaven 09-03-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 8875284)

Did you tell him you were at the top of the stairs all night in silence...watching...?

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-03-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 8875357)
I havent spent the night since either. I dont know how to describe it. Just that felling that you are being watched. I can tell you this. The incident when the over head lights came crashing down at 4am in the garage for no reason at all. DIDNT HELP NONE!

That being watched feeling is more freaky than actually seeing something imo. I've had that before. At least if you see something there's something tangible.

Frazod 09-03-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Is the whole house creepy, or just the basement?

LiveSteam 09-03-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8875365)

Its not a creepy house. It a modern split entry home. I truly think Herald was there the first year or 2 bugs & company moved in. I also think Bugs cussed Herald & his not so handy home repairs & Herald finally said **** YOU! & split to the other side.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-03-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8875365)

It's Bugs house dude.... what do you think?

LiveSteam 09-03-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8875372)
It's Bugs house dude.... what do you think?

LMAO
Their has been probably been 5 or 6 weird things happen in that house. allof them happened in the first couple years they lived there. In Harold's behalf. The man had at least a dozen home projects going when he died & he didnt have a clue what he was doing on any of them

The lights coming down in the garage still freaks me out

d3c0y55 09-03-2012 08:24 PM

Well that is creepy

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-03-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 8875378)
LMAO
Their has been probably been 5 or 6 weird things happen in that house. allof them happened in the first couple years they lived there. In Harold's behalf. The man had at least a dozen home projects going when he died & he didnt have a clue what he was doing on any of them

Unfinished business they say... Oh and Bug lives there.

Bugeater 09-03-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Were you here that night too?

LiveSteam 09-03-2012 08:28 PM

Ya on the couch in the basement

Bugeater 09-03-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 8875397)
Ya on the couch in the basement

You were also here for the chimney fire. :hmmm:

Maybe you were bringing the spirits with you from somewhere.

Frazod 09-03-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 8875409)
You were also here for the chimney fire. :hmmm:

Maybe you were bringing the spirits with you from somewhere.

I have a friend like that. I just hope he doesn't get too much of his bad luck on me. :D