ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs defense this year. What do you expect? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261595)

Chronic 07-21-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8757721)
If you win SBs, it don't matter how many INTs you toss.

Lame comeback

milkman 07-21-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronic (Post 8757738)
You guys are bidding with monopoly money

All this talk of 12 and 13 wins and being able to compete with any team is delusional -

How do the Chiefs give up almost 100 points in 2 games last year, add a CB that led the league in penalties and banking on an over rated rookie DT gonna now all of a sudden be considered a top 5 defense??.. how is this possible especially considering they were dead last in the NFL in scoring points

Have you seen the Chiefs first 8 games? It's frekin brutal.. Falcons, Bills, Saints, Chargers, Ravens, Bucs, Raiders, Chargers again and then the Steelers

The Raiders game is in Arrowhead...

The Raiders are 5-0 the last 5 years in Arrowhead- so expecting an easy W is fantasy

I could see the Chiefs splitting with the Chargers

Seriously, I would be very surprised if the Chiefs came outta that 8 game stretch with 3 wins, I see them coming out with just 2 wins - Bucs, and Chargers, I just don't see them beating the Falcons or the Bills whom put up 43 points on the Chiefs last year and just added Mario Williams- with exactly the same team you have now except for Routt and a rookie DT

Here's another stack of monoply money.. bet away young man.. move it all to the middle of the table

This is why I rarely waste time talking to dumbass Raider fans.

Where did I say 12 or 13 wins?

Where the hell did I even say this team was going to break .500?

Do you not have the ability to understand that "7-9, at best" is my most optimistic projection for this team.

JFC, ****ing moron.

Chiefs Pantalones 07-21-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8757735)
That's was the entire point of my post.

The bottom line is, you can win with a QB that has limitations physically if he has a superior grasp of the mental aspects of the game.

I am not so sure that this Chiefs team couldn't win with Green at QB.

I think they could win with Green most definitely as he is better than Cassel. Having said that, I think we can win with Cassel this year as well. I'm a blind homer but I think we'll win the division this year but lose, again, in the first round of the playoffs. We have that much talent around Cassel now that he can achieve the Western crown despite him.

BigMeatballDave 07-21-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronic (Post 8757738)
The Raiders are 5-0 the last 5 years in Arrowhead- so expecting an easy W is fantasy

And before 2010, KC won 7 straight in Oakland.

Things change.

BigMeatballDave 07-21-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronic (Post 8757743)
Lame comeback

Truth hurt?

milkman 07-21-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 8757758)
I think they could win with Green most definitely as he is better than Cassel. Having said that, I think we can win with Cassel this year as well. I'm a blind homer but I think we'll win the division this year but lose, again, in the first round of the playoffs. We have that much talent around Cassel now that he can achieve the Western crown despite him.

Once again, as I told dumbass Raider fan, when I say "win" I am talking about overall success.

I am talking about not only making the playoffs (which I don't believe we will do with Matt Cassel this year), but actually advancing and competing for a SB.

Chronic 07-21-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8757749)
This is why I rarely waste time talking to dumbass Raider fans.

Where did I say 12 or 13 wins?

Where the hell did I even say this team was going to break .500?

Do you not have the ability to understand that "7-9, at best" is my most optimistic projection for this team.

JFC, ****ing moron.

I wasnt directing the 12-13 win prediction your way, but saying..

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8757595)
I believe this team has the talent to compete with any team in the league.

And they didnt

You don't get blown out 2 weeks in a row by 43 and 48 points and put up just 10 points with the same team you think has the talent to compete with any team in the NFL this year

The math doesn't add up

You didnt make that much of an improvement that would convince me a betting man to lay my coin on the Chiefs anytime soon

milkman 07-21-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronic (Post 8757767)

And they didnt

You don't get blown out 2 weeks in a row by 43 and 48 points and put up just 10 points with the same team you think has the talent to compete with any team in the NFL this year

The math doesn't add up

You didnt make that much of an improvement that would convince me a betting man to lay my coin on the Chiefs anytime soon

And you don't beat the previously unbeaten and virtually unstoppable Packers if you don't have the talent to compete.

The biggest difference isn't the talent on the field when it comes to competing this year.

It's the preparation, as I already explained to your dumb ass.

But the period at the end of this sentence is the last keystroke I'm wasting on your useless dumb ass.

Chiefs Pantalones 07-21-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8757765)
Once again, as I told dumbass Raider fan, when I say "win" I am talking about overall success.

I am talking about not only making the playoffs (which I don't believe we will do with Matt Cassel this year), but actually advancing and competing for a SB.

I'm just stating my opinion on this upcoming season this has nothing to do really with the discussions and your ownage of dumbass Raider fan.

milkman 07-21-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 8757795)
I'm just stating my opinion on this upcoming season this has nothing to do really with the discussions and your ownage of dumbass Raider fan.

OK.

For this season, I think there are just too many good teams and tough games for the Cheifs to win more than 7 games and win the division.

I think with the way the defense evolved over the course of the season last year, and with Charles and Hillis on offense, this team will be able to play tough and stay in games.

But there are going to be more than a couple of games that we lose late, because we have Cassel, and our opponents don't.

Chronic 07-21-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8757774)
And you don't beat the previously unbeaten and virtually unstoppable Packers if you don't have the talent to compete.

The biggest difference isn't the talent on the field when it comes to competing this year.

It's the preparation, as I already explained to your dumb ass.

But the period at the end of this sentence is the last keystroke I'm wasting on your useless dumb ass.

You keep clicking those heels together Dorothy- You'll get back to Kansas someday

Explain to me one more time how the signing of Standford Routt has taken a average team to now a SB contender next year

Chiefs Pantalones 07-21-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8757806)
OK.

For this season, I think there are just too many good teams and tough games for the Cheifs to win more than 7 games and win the division.

I think with the way the defense evolved over the course of the season last year, and with Charles and Hillis on offense, this team will be able to play tough and stay in games.

But there are going to be more than a couple of games that we lose late, because we have Cassel, and our opponents don't.

That's my fear actually. I'm hoping we get a few lucky bounces that go our way but I think about your exact post a lot and totally could and probably will see it go that way because of shitcan Cassel.

Chiefs Pantalones 07-21-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronic (Post 8757817)
You keep clicking those heels together Dorothy- You'll get back to Kansas someday

Explain to me one more time how the signing of Standford Routt has taken a average team to now a SB contender next year

Wow. Are you aware of the offseason (arguably one of the best in the NFL) that we just had? Or did you not pay attention to anything this offseason because you had like 2 picks in the draft and were in cap hell? Nevermind I'll stop feeding.

Chronic 07-21-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8757774)

It's the preparation,

Perhaps you're unaware of this... but...

Brian Daboll is the new OC for the Chiefs

Strong resume bro

In 2009 as OC forthe Browns they finished DEAD LAST, not 31st or even 30th.. but 32 offensively

In 2010 the Browns finished 29th in the NFL in offense

After being nuthooked by the Browns he goes on to OC the Dolphins finishing the year ranked 22nd.. worse than the prior year before he arrived.. The Dolphins seen enough of him they sh*t canned him after just one year

Strong resume Milkman

Is that the "preparations" of the football team you were speaking about or did I miss something?

Sannyasi 07-21-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Keep arguing against points that no one is making.

Chronic 07-21-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 8757829)
Wow. Are you aware of the offseason (arguably one of the best in the NFL)

Wow, congrats- you signed a decent #2 CB that takes alot of penalties because he gets beat

Eric Winston? He's a RT fer cripes sake...

I think one thing you're overlooking is the retirement of Casey Weigman

The Chiefs plan on playing a guard at Center thats NEVER had any experience taking a snap in the NFL

That combined with Daboll as OC

Yeah.. good luck there

Man do you know what DT's are gonna do to Rodney Hudson?

I do agree with the staff that his best position is Center because he's not big enough to play guard in the NFL.. he'll be able to move in more space as a center so it was the right call

He might very well develop nicely into a center.. but he wont do it in one year.... if he played center in college maybe.. it's gonna take him 2-3 years before he fully grasps that position

On the other hand- He's raw, inexperienced and never played center in the NFL nor college..

Asking him to read out defenses etc with no prior experince?

Yeah- good luck with that

RealSNR 07-21-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronic (Post 8757850)
Wow, congrats- you signed a decent #2 CB that takes alot of penalties because he gets beat

Eric Winston? He's a RT fer cripes sake...

I think one thing you're overlooking is the retirement of Casey Weigman

The Chiefs plan on playing a guard at Center thats NEVER had any experience taking a snap in the NFL

That combined with Daboll as OC

Yeah.. good luck there

Man do you know what DT's are gonna do to Rodney Hudson?

I do agree with the staff that his best position is Center because he's not big enough to play guard in the NFL.. he'll be able to move in more space as a center so it was the right call

He might very well develop nicely into a center.. but he wont do it in one year.... if he played center in college maybe.. it's gonna take him 2-3 years before he fully grasps that position

On the other hand- He's raw, inexperienced and never played center in the NFL nor college..

Asking him to read out defenses etc with no prior experince?

Yeah- good luck with that

There's a difference between being "raw" and "inexperienced," dumbass.

Hudson is inexperienced, but he's far from raw. Not even close.

The book is not yet written on Hudson, but any football fan with a modicum of intelligence would look at the guy and see a very successful starting center in the NFL one of these days.

I'm FAR more worried about what pro bowl DTs are going to do to Ryan Lilja than I am worried about how Hudson will fare against them.

Chronic 07-21-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8757860)
There's a difference between being "raw" and "inexperienced," dumbass.

Got damn you're dumb

RealSNR 07-21-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronic (Post 8757867)
Got damn you're dumb

Example:

Andrew Luck is an inexperienced QB. He is not a raw QB.

Tyler Thigpen is an experienced QB. He IS, however, a raw QB.

See? Even a reerun like you can understand this comically simple concept.

Chronic 07-21-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8757874)
Example:

Andrew Luck is an inexperienced QB. He is not a raw QB.

Tyler Thigpen is an experienced QB. He IS, however, a raw QB.

See? Even a reerun like you can understand this comically simple concept.

They both played QB before ya dummah

Raw means something that's "unprocessed" or "NOT FINISHED"

Inexperienced means being "new" to something or lacking knowledge of something or not "experienced" in something

Sorta like you... You're inexperienced in reading in that you don't understand what certain words mean

Hudson is "Raw" because he's not a finish project yet at the Center position, he's unprocessed and he's in the embryo stage of his center career

Hudson is also Inexperienced" because he's "new" to the Center position

Hudson is both Raw and Inexperienced

We on the same page here Sparkles?

Baby Lee 07-21-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronic (Post 8757767)

And they didnt

The math doesn't add up

Building a playoff caliber team is a non-linear process. You can have 9 players on either side of the ball who are performing at a high level, and if the opposition spies where the 1-2 weak spots are, the WHOLE platoon can end up looking like dogshit.

Teams don't progress from 2-4-8-12 wins over the seasons to build a SB caliber squad. They also don't exhibit linear progression of smaller and smaller margins of loss or larger and larger margins of victory. Much more often, they go from puzzling and disheartening yo-yos of close losses and blowout losses to regular wins when everything 'clicks.'

The closest analogy I've come to over the years is tuning an automobile engine. You have the timing 3-5 degrees out of whack or the fuel mix 3-5% off and even a supercar engine will perform like a 4-banger out of a Yugo or Festiva. But when you dial everything in, power can come on like gangbusters with just the finest of tweaks.

BigMeatballDave 07-21-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronic (Post 8757889)

Inexperienced means being "new" to something or lacking knowledge of something or not "experienced" in something

Sorta like you... You're inexperienced in reading in that you don't understand what certain words mean

Hudson is "Raw" because he's not a finish project yet at the Center position, he's unprocessed and he's in the embryo stage of his center career

By definition, you are correct.

However, this isn't Merriam-Webster.

This is football. SNR is correct, IMO.

Chronic 07-21-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 8757906)
Building a playoff caliber team is a non-linear process. You can have 9 players on either side of the ball who are performing at a high level, and if the opposition spies where the 1-2 weak spots are, the WHOLE platoon can end up looking like dogshit.

+1.. I agree.. well put

Quote:

Teams don't progress from 2-4-8-12 wins over the seasons to build a SB caliber squad. They also don't exhibit linear progression of smaller and smaller margins of loss or larger and larger margins of victory. Much more often, they go from puzzling and disheartening yo-yos of close losses and blowout losses to regular wins when everything 'clicks.'
I'd agree again... But if you look closely, you'll see a direct correlation between playoff experience couple with playoff wins and teams that make the SB

It's rare and it's happened, but when you go back and look at all the teams that have played in the SB or the conference championship games, you'll see teams that have prior experience in the playoffs.. i.e the Bucs of 2003.. The Raiders, before they won the AFC and went to the Super Bowl, they were in the playoffs a few times before winning games etc...

If the Chiefs made the playoffs the last 2 years and won a couple games in the playoffs then you can make a strong case they have a "team that can compete" with most NFL teams

It's a long process- it's a lot of work, 2-3 years of playoff appearances, disspointment in getting to 1 game of the AFCG etc.. I been there.. I know..

I'm not saying the Chiefs cant shock people and do the unthinkable and make a strong push.. what I'm telling you is... that it's very unlikely

Baby Lee 07-21-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronic (Post 8757922)
I'm not saying the Chiefs cant shock people and do the unthinkable and make a strong push.. what I'm telling you is... that it's very unlikely

We may agree here, but IMO I'm agreeing 90% because our QB is Cassel.

I'm not a 'top flight QB, whatever the cost, is the ONLY road to the SB' guy. I think long timers here would attest to that. But that's at far remove from our present situation, where the skill of our starting QB is so much lower than the remainder of the team. I'd submit that the balance of our talent is such that a properly prepared QB as low on the the totem at present as even a Brunell or McNabb could constitute a legit contender, let alone moving up to a Vick or Cutler level of totem-ity.

That's how much I think the QB is holding us back.

Chronic 07-21-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 8757953)
We may agree here, but IMO I'm agreeing 90% because our QB is Cassel.

I'm not a 'top flight QB, whatever the cost, is the ONLY road to the SB' guy. I think long timers here would attest to that. But that's at far remove from our present situation, where the skill of our starting QB is so much lower than the remainder of the team. I'd submit that the balance of our talent is such that a properly prepared QB as low on the the totem at present as even a Brunell or McNabb could constitute a legit contender, let alone moving up to a Vick or Cutler level of totem-ity.

That's how much I think the QB is holding us back.

I agree there, but that can be said about a lot of teams

Cassell doesn't play defense- and last year the Chiefs gave up 43 points and 48 points in back to back games

That's not one of those.. "Everything just didn't go right this game" excuse.. this was two games back to back

37 points the Jets scored, 36 the Pats put on the board and even the Dolphins put up 30+ points

Brandon Flowers just got worked in both games.. and I mean worked

The Lions OL just abused the Chiefs DL

To the Chiefs credit- they did seem to tighten things up towards the end of the season but how much of that was the poor offensive talent with the teams they faced?

When the Chiefs faced top offenses, they struggled

Had a good game vs Green Bay, give them credit there.. but they gotta start putting back to back good defensive games to be considered a team that can "compete with any team in the NFL"

RealSNR 07-21-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronic (Post 8757889)

Inexperience at a certain position does not equal raw, you dumb ****. If the Patriots told Rob Gronkowski to drop some weight and line up at WR this season, you wouldn't call him a "raw" WR, would you?

Go fist your grandmother, reerun.

Hudson's technique was perhaps the best out of all interior linemen coming out of the 2011 draft. That's not what I call raw.

Bruce Campbell was a raw prospect. Dontari Poe is a raw prospect. Rodney Hudson is NOT a raw prospect.

****ing idiot.

mrbiggz 07-21-2012 05:21 PM

It won't be top ten because our offense(QB) offense will put the defense on the field and wear down.

johnny961 07-21-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbiggz (Post 8758075)
It won't be top ten because our offense(QB) offense will put the defense on the field and wear down.

Yep. Defense will get winded due to offenses inability to move the ball.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-21-2012 06:55 PM

This chronic guy makes Reighters look like a football knowledge god.

DaneMcCloud 07-21-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny961 (Post 8758199)
Yep. Defense will get winded due to offenses inability to move the ball.

Bullshit.

With Charles, Hillis, Breaston, Bowe, Baldwin, Boss, Moeaki and this offensive line, the Chiefs will be able to move the ball between the 20's with ease. It'll be up to Cassel and probably tons of playaction which will determine whether or not they score 6 or 3.

And "winded"? The secondary is young. The linebackers, outside of DJ who's never had any energy issues, are young and hungry. Add in Powe, Poe, Jackson, Dorsey, Bailey, Torribio and Gordon and there should be no excuses of being "tired".

What the **** happened to the people on this site? It's one thing to skeptical based on talent level and scheme, but this team is ****ing loaded with young talent. Romeo's schemes, even with dipshits like Piscatelli, kicked ass.

Also, keep in mind that guys like Houston and Bailey kicked some ass without the benefit of learning the playbook until training camp because there was NO off season in 2011.

DaneMcCloud 07-21-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8758204)
This chronic guy makes Reighters look like a football knowledge god.

He's a troll not worth addressing.

But what's with all the stupid ass noobs?

Pasta Little Brioni 07-21-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8758206)
He's a troll not worth addressing.

But what's with all the stupid ass noobs?

They've populated since your exit. Better get busy :evil:

johnny961 07-21-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8758205)
Bullshit.

With Charles, Hillis, Breaston, Bowe, Baldwin, Boss, Moeaki and this offensive line, the Chiefs will be able to move the ball between the 20's with ease. It'll be up to Cassel and probably tons of playaction which will determine whether or not they score 6 or 3.

And "winded"? The secondary is young. The linebackers, outside of DJ who's never had any energy issues, are young and hungry. Add in Powe, Poe, Jackson, Dorsey, Bailey, Torribio and Gordon and there should be no excuses of being "tired".

What the **** happened to the people on this site? It's one thing to skeptical based on talent level and scheme, but this team is ****ing loaded with young talent. Romeo's schemes, even with dipshits like Piscatelli, kicked ass.

Also, keep in mind that guys like Houston and Bailey kicked some ass without the benefit of learning the playbook until training camp because there was NO off season in 2011.

Not denying the talent at all. This team as a whole I think is one of the more talented units we've seen fielded in awhile. Its just that with Daboll leading the offense and with the question marks at QB I can see our offense as being more run based. Couple that with Charles not yet being back up to100% and our lack of a vertical passing threat and opposing defenses will have an easier time slowing down the run and our offense as a whole. At least for the first half of the season anyway until Charles gets the rust worked off and returns to form. Hope the hell I am proven wrong but just what I see right now.

BigMeatballDave 07-21-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8758205)
Bullshit.

I've been saying this team is talented enough to win 10.

Clay has been beating the 7-9 drum.

He said he will leave for a yr if they win 10.

DaneMcCloud 07-21-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny961 (Post 8758228)
Not denying the talent at all. This team as a whole I think is one of the more talented units we've seen fielded in awhile. Its just that with Daboll leading the offense and with the question marks at QB I can see our offense as being more run based. Couple that with Charles not yet being back up to100% and our lack of a vertical passing threat and opposing defenses will have an easier time slowing down the run and our offense as a whole. At least for the first half of the season anyway until Charles gets the rust worked off and returns to form. Hope the hell I am proven wrong but just what I see right now.

How can you "see" anything when the team hasn't hit the field?

This defense was built around the talents of Eric Berry last year. With the early losses of Moeaki and Charles (along with lessor talented players), the weak play of the offensive, etc., expecting the team to look anything like they did early last year is silly.

Once Romeo took over, the team looked like a TEAM for the first time in years. The offseason additions should push this team further forward, especially if the ACL Team comes back even at 90%. Boss, Elam, Gray and Hillis are excellent insurance.

This team won 7 games last year with Todd "The Hobo" Hailey and Tyler Palko at the helm. How anyone expects them to win less than 8 games, even with Cassel, is beyond me. This team is ****ing loaded (outside of QB).

DaneMcCloud 07-21-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8758234)
I've been saying this team is talented enough to win 10.

Clay has been beating the 7-9 drum.

He said he will leave for a yr if they win 10.

Clay's a drama queen. He'd better retract that because unless the team loses a sick amount of players in 2012, there's no way they're losing 9 games.

And with a Flacco-like performance from Cassel, this team could win 12.

Hammock Parties 07-21-2012 07:22 PM

We have a lot of unproven talent, and we have a difficult schedule and a bad QB.

Unless Romeo is some kind of genious, we're a 7-9/8-8/9-7 team.

We'll win 10 if our opponents suffer a rash of QB injuries.

DaneMcCloud 07-21-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8758245)
We have a lot of unproven talent, and we have a difficult schedule and a bad QB.

Unless Romeo is some kind of genious, we're a 7-9/8-8/9-7 team.

We'll win 10 if our opponents suffer a rash of QB injuries.

No ****ing way, Clay. Did you even watch the Packer, Raider and Broncos games to close out the season?

Are you going to tell me that Boss, Elam, Gray, Winston and Quinn aren't major upgrades over O'Connell, Pope, Battle, Richardson and Palko? And THAT team won seven games.

And stop bitching about the schedule. Who gives a ****. Everyone has to suit up and play the game. I could ****ing punch Dick Vermeil in the ****ing **** for constantly complaining about the Chiefs schedule during his tenure, because now, every ****stick is afraid of the schedule.

The schedule is irrelevant.

Hammock Parties 07-21-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8758254)
No ****ing way, Clay. Did you even watch the Packer, Raider and Broncos games to close out the season?

Yes, I watched Kyle Orton average 260 yards a game.

Miss him.

DaneMcCloud 07-21-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8758256)
Yes, I watched Kyle Orton average 260 yards a game.

Miss him.

Keep in mind, Daboll didn't have an offseason with Miami. His offense really kicked into gear after about game six. In KC, he'll have more weapons than he's ever had (and maybe more weapons in KC's history).

The defense, if healthy, will be beyond sick.

Rasputin 07-21-2012 07:30 PM

Turnovers. I think this D is going get an extraordinary year for forcing turnovers. With the return of EB I think the D can take extra chances at jumping the ball & do more schemes to get to the QB.

Hammock Parties 07-21-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8758260)
Keep in mind, Daboll didn't have an offseason with Miami. His offense really kicked into gear after about game six. In KC, he'll have more weapons than he's ever had (and maybe more weapons in KC's history).

Sorry Dane, but you know as well as I the difference between a 7-9 team and a 10-6 team can be very slim.

When it comes down to it, with our schedule, I don't think Cassel is good enough in close games to pull them out. And I have little faith in Romeo, either.

We'll see about Daboll, but right now he just feels like another BS tree hire.

The division is also a lot stronger and this team hasn't even been all that good in the division.

If Jonathan Baldwin turns into some kind of freak, maybe that might make enough difference for us to get a 10th win, but he is a huge question mark.

Week 1 will tell us a lot. We win, I might start to get nervous. :D

PS - I don't even like our "easy" games against Tampa Bay and Carolina. I think we could lose both.

DaneMcCloud 07-21-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8758280)
Sorry Dane, but you know as well as I the difference between a 7-9 team and a 10-6 team can be very slim.

When it comes down to it, with our schedule, I don't think Cassel is good enough in close games to pull them out. And I have little faith in Romeo, either.

We'll see about Daboll, but right now he just feels like another BS tree hire.

The division is also a lot stronger and this team hasn't even been all that good in the division.

If Jonathan Baldwin turns into some kind of freak, maybe that might make enough difference for us to get a 10th win, but he is a huge question mark.

Week 1 will tell us a lot. We win, I might start to get nervous. :D

PS - I don't even like our "easy" games against Tampa Bay and Carolina. I think we could lose both.

Week One should never be the determining factor. This team is loaded and pretty much stacked at every position but QB and right tackle (they would be in trouble if Winston went down).

Otherwise, a full offseason with the rookies, Romeo and Daboll will go a long way. I'm not saying that Romeo is Hank Stram but he's the best coach since Marty. And yes, that includes that myopic old ****, Dick Vermeil.

Chronic 07-21-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8758066)
Inexperience at a certain position does not equal raw, you dumb ****. If the Patriots told Rob Gronkowski to drop some weight and line up at WR this season, you wouldn't call him a "raw" WR, would you?

Go fist your grandmother, reerun.

Hudson's technique was perhaps the best out of all interior linemen coming out of the 2011 draft. That's not what I call raw.

Bruce Campbell was a raw prospect. Dontari Poe is a raw prospect. Rodney Hudson is NOT a raw prospect.

****ing idiot.

Got damn you're dumb.. seriously.. you must've fell outta your high chair as an infant and banged your coconut.. no where did I ever say that the meaning of Raw and Inexperienced were ever the same thing or "equal" in meaning

You're absolutely 100% correct tho'

In fact you're so right that I even agree with you that both the guard position and center position are entire identical,... same technique is used in both positions..That's why we see OC swing guards every sunday to center and centers to guards.. :banghead:

Do the planet a favor and wear condoms so you don't contaminate the rest of us

Pasta Little Brioni 07-21-2012 07:54 PM

Get back in your cell Chimpionship

Hammock Parties 07-21-2012 07:55 PM

Also, Dane, if you haven't been reading, I've been beating a dead horse in response to "we won seven games last year, we can win 10 this year!"

Dead horse says: we are unlikely to face Caleb Hanie, Kyle Boller, Curtis Painter, Tim Tebow and Donovan McNabb again.

Instead we face a lot of pretty good quarterbacks. I'm penciling in a win @Cleveland and vs Indianapolis, though. WE GOT THAT DOWN!

BossChief 07-21-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

who said superbowl contender?

Charles
Hillis
Moeaki
Berry
Boss
Winston

That's a lot of significant improvements.

RunKC 07-21-2012 11:05 PM

Our back 7 is outstanding. Berry, DJ, Tamba, and Flowers are top 10 at their positions.

I think the one player is going to blow shit up this year is Allen Bailey. I also think Poe is going to get some sacks this year. Romeo will line up Tamba directly next to him in a standing position to take off pressure. With Poe's speed and power, he'll get some sacks on passing plays.

If those 2 play well, we're a top 10 defense easily.

Chiefs Pantalones 07-21-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 8758478)
Our back 7 is outstanding. Berry, DJ, Tamba, and Flowers are top 10 at their positions.

I think the one player is going to blow shit up this year is Allen Bailey. I also think Poe is going to get some sacks this year. Romeo will line up Tamba directly next to him in a standing position to take off pressure. With Poe's speed and power, he'll get some sacks on passing plays.

If those 2 play well, we're a top 10 defense easily.

I'm lookinh forward to see Justin Houston's progression. So much talent there.

BossChief 07-21-2012 11:38 PM

If Cassel can extend drives and give the defense time to rest and make adjustments, while allowing Daboll to call a balanced attack, the defense has the talent to possibly crack the top 5.

If he can't, and is the same sack of crap 3nout maniac...the defense will end In the middle of the pack.

Game 6

RealSNR 07-21-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronic (Post 8758290)
In fact you're so right that I even agree with you that both the guard position and center position are entire identical,... same technique is used in both positions..That's why we see OC swing guards every sunday to center and centers to guards.. :banghead:

So you're saying the positions aren't the same thing?

NO ****ING SHIT

Hudson isn't learning to play tackle, ****stick. The blocking technique is pretty much the exact same ****ing thing. The stuff that Hudson doesn't know and hasn't been exposed to can be chalked up to.... *drumroll please*.... INEXPERIENCE

Get raped.

ThaVirus 07-21-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8757417)
17.6 ppg

Thank you kindly, sir.

mcaj22 07-22-2012 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8758260)

Daboll's offense in Miami was terrible.

You cant give a guy a free pass or excuse if it takes him til WEEK 6 to figure out his scheme with a team, so that was up to 6 loses because his shit offense couldnt get going. By that time, the team was already out of it, so all the padded stats are moot. Fools gold.

RunKC 07-22-2012 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8758681)

You cant give a guy a free pass or excuse if it takes him til WEEK 6 to figure out his scheme with a team, so that was up to 6 loses because his shit offense couldnt get going. By that time, the team was already out of it, so all the padded stats are moot. Fools gold.

To his defense, he lost his starting QB in week 4. That was a big transition for the offense.

Chronic 07-22-2012 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8758548)
So you're saying the positions aren't the same thing?

NO ****ING SHIT

No I'm not- I was making fun of you for ever thinking both those positions have the same responsibility and encompass the same blocking technique. We're you born dumb or did you like go to school and get a degree in it? No seriously.. any football fan can't be this stupid

Quote:

The blocking technique is pretty much the exact same ****ing thing.
Don't ever say this around knowledgeable football people ever again- I'm just trying to help you avoid getting the stink eye from them and a few chuckles.. say at a party or something... you can thank me later

Pasta Little Brioni 07-22-2012 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8758681)

An offense that scored 25 points per game in the 2nd half with a backup QB that is well below average is nothing to sneeze at.

Coogs 07-22-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8758539)
If Cassel can extend drives and give the defense time to rest and make adjustments, while allowing Daboll to call a balanced attack, the defense has the talent to possibly crack the top 5.

If he can't, and is the same sack of crap 3nout maniac...the defense will end In the middle of the pack.

Game 6

This.

Again, I am going to go back to Kyle Orton. With Orton throwing the ball for nearly 300 yards a game in his 3 starts and only taking 1 sack... McCluster and TJ were able to resemble real NFL RB's at times. Defense could rest. Defense kicked ass.

Charles and Hillis are real NFL RB's. Anything close to what Orton brought to the table from Cassel, and this defense could be top 5 with the additions of Poe and Berry to the mix.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-22-2012 08:09 AM

This offense should be able to move the ball and score on these below average AFC West defenses. If they get shutdown by these slapdicks again this year it'll be a massive fail. Getting held down by Oakland and Denver at home was ****ing embarrasing.

RealSNR 07-22-2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronic (Post 8758718)
No I'm not- I was making fun of you for ever thinking both those positions have the same responsibility and encompass the same blocking technique. We're you born dumb or did you like go to school and get a degree in it? No seriously.. any football fan can't be this stupid

Don't ever say this around knowledgeable football people ever again- I'm just trying to help you avoid getting the stink eye from them and a few chuckles.. say at a party or something... you can thank me later

You can keep spouting bullshit all you want, but it doesn't change the truth. If you possess the technical faculties to play guard and are then converted to center, you already possess 90% of the technique of playing center. What's missing? Knowledge, timing, and slight adjustments and footwork out of the snap, all of which are accumulated and learned through....

EXPERIENCE

Again, your arguments all dictate that Hudson will be inexperienced in handling the center position game 1. He's not going to be raw, though.

Jesus ****, after your senile owner drafted nothing but raw players for 10 years you'd think a Raider fan would be able to tell the ****ing difference between the two concepts.

I eagerly await your next idiotic strawman response.

MOhillbilly 07-22-2012 08:12 AM

Expecting cassel to make plays so the d can rest on a consistant basis is a joke. This club will ne top ten running, bottom half passing, and middle of the road on d. Same old,same old.

Bwana 07-22-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 8758759)
Expecting cassel to make plays so the d can rest on a consistant basis is a joke. This club will ne top ten running, bottom half passing, and middle of the road on d. Same old,same old.

I guess that's about my take as well. So how's the farming business treating you Mo?

Rausch 07-22-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

We've saved enough money to be able to splurge in free agency in 2021...

MOhillbilly 07-22-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 8758764)
I guess that's about my take as well. So how's the farming business treating you Mo?

It's friggin dry. Got enough hay in to feed the herd for two years. We move forward every month. Water bill is killing us though.

Chronic 07-22-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8758758)
You can keep spouting bullshit all you want, but it doesn't change the truth. If you possess the technical faculties to play guard and are then converted to center, you already possess 90% of the technique of playing center. What's missing? Knowledge, timing, and slight adjustments and footwork out of the snap, all of which are accumulated and learned through....

EXPERIENCE

Again, your arguments all dictate that Hudson will be inexperienced in handling the center position game 1. He's not going to be raw, though.

Jesus ****, after your senile owner drafted nothing but raw players for 10 years you'd think a Raider fan would be able to tell the ****ing difference between the two concepts.

I eagerly await your next idiotic strawman response.

Do you know how stupid you look?

Let me explain... lets break down your drivel of a post again

You say Hudson's not raw going from guard to the center position, a position he's never played before in college to calling the last 10 years of Raiders draft raw when every player they drafted in those ten years played the exact position they played in college

Do you now know just how dumb you can be?

Seriously dude-

After further evaluation, it has come to my conclusion that you have calcium deposits forming in your medulla oblongata

RealSNR 07-22-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronic (Post 8758816)
Do you know how stupid you look?

Let me explain... lets break down your drivel of a post again

You say Hudson's not raw going from guard to the center position, a position he's never played before in college to calling the last 10 years of Raiders draft raw when every player they drafted in those ten years played the exact position they played in college

Do you now know just how dumb you can be?

Seriously dude-

After further evaluation, it has come to my conclusion that you have calcium deposits forming in your medulla oblongata

I'm not the moron who doesn't know the difference between "raw" and "inexperienced"

RealSNR 07-22-2012 10:05 AM

Do you care to reveal to me these insurmountable blocking technique differences between center and guard? Or maybe you'd like to continue eating diarrhea. I don't care one way or the other.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-22-2012 10:05 AM

Chimpionship getting owned. He'll go into hiding soon enough again.

BossChief 07-22-2012 10:08 AM

There are two main differences between Center and left guard.

Snapping the ball and line calls.

Last year, reports were showing that Hudson was having no problems with snapping and he is a very very smart kid.

After sitting behind one of the smartest and toughest centers in the league for a year will surely help his learning curve in making the correct line calls.

As SNR says, he is inexperienced but not raw.

I'm a big fan of Weigmann and what he did at his size in the NFL for so long and I would bet money that Hudson is a big upgrade.

Sorter 07-22-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronic (Post 8758718)
We're you born dumb or did you like go to school and get a degree in it? No seriously.. any football fan can't be this stupid

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5...8n3o1_1280.jpg

milkman 07-22-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 8758972)

What does Jackie Chan have to do with this discussion?

Chronic 07-22-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8758954)
Do you care to reveal to me these insurmountable blocking technique differences between center and guard? Or maybe you'd like to continue eating diarrhea. I don't care one way or the other.

You are truly fuckin dumb- I feel sorry for your parents to have bore such a imbecile

Do you have trouble holding down a job?

Sully 07-22-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronic (Post 8759151)
You are truly fuckin dumb- I feel sorry for your parents to have bore such a imbecile

Do you have trouble holding down a job?

In a zone blocking scheme, the center and guard don't have similar roles. Their roles (other than presnap calls and snapping the ball) are IDENTICAL. Same steps, same techniques, same friggin job. Now, snapping the ball effectively is no small feat. But if he can get it down, and I assume he's worked on it since day one + college, then he'll be just fine. But otherwise, the move isn't a change at all.

Sent from my Rotary phone using Tapatalk

chiefzilla1501 07-22-2012 12:14 PM

It's going to be vastly improved. We'll likely struggle at the nose, but it can't be much worse than it's been in the past. Eric Berry obviously makes us vastly better. The wild card people are forgetting is that Houston will be the starter from day 1, which made an enormous difference for us once he started getting into a groove.

Another thing I worry about is that the Chiefs chose not to hire a defensive coordinator, which I think is just mind boggling. Romeo's not going to have the time he used to developing game plans and being as sharp a play caller as when that was his full time gig.

johnny961 07-22-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8759315)
Another thing I worry about is that the Chiefs chose not to hire a defensive coordinator, which I think is just mind boggling. Romeo's not going to have the time he used to developing game plans and being as sharp a play caller as when that was his full time gig.

I kinda wonder if being DC and head coach both will be too much. I thought initially Romeo would add another defensive assistant to the staff.

BossChief 07-22-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8759315)
It's going to be vastly improved. We'll likely struggle at the nose, but it can't be much worse than it's been in the past. Eric Berry obviously makes us vastly better. The wild card people are forgetting is that Houston will be the starter from day 1, which made an enormous difference for us once he started getting into a groove.

LOLWUT

with all the experience we have in our defensive coaching staff, that's the last thing I'm worried about.

Why in the **** would Romeo Crennel need to hire a dc that wouldn't see completely eye to eye with him? Especially with all the talented defensive coaches we have on staff.

He hired Daboll to hand the offense to and Romeo will oversee the defense.

We could have easily promoted almost any position coach from the defense to be the "DC"...but what's the point?

Let the coaches have a competition for the spot and name one next season if we need to.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-22-2012 12:32 PM

EASILY the best unit in the division. Best backs and recieving group as well.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny961 (Post 8759337)
I kinda wonder if being DC and head coach both will be too much. I thought initially Romeo would add another defensive assistant to the staff.

Yeah, the defense really suffered last year when Romeo took over as Head Coach/Defensive Coordinator.

Hammock Parties 07-22-2012 12:37 PM

It's interesting to me that last season, despite the high opinion of our defense around here, and the fact we faced a lot of UFL-level QBs, we actually allowed more yards per play (arguably considered to be the best "tell-all" defensive statistic) than we did in 2010.

Makes you wonder. :hmmm:

Pasta Little Brioni 07-22-2012 12:39 PM

The 1st-2nd half splits are decidingly different. The team started off horribly on D the 1st few weeks of the season. Nice approach coach.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8759362)
It's interesting to me that last season, despite the high opinion of our defense around here, and the fact we faced a lot of UFL-level QBs, we actually allowed more yards per play (arguably considered to be the best "tell-all" defensive statistic) than we did in 2010.

Makes you wonder. :hmmm:

Bend, don't break