ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV What's the scariest movie you've ever seen? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=251423)

Fish 10-19-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 8006762)
Its a really stupid movie in hindsight but I couldn't get through Basket Case when I was like ten. It's about siamese twins that were separated at birth but one of the twins was nothing more than a head and an arm, named Belial. The movie was about the brothers going around and killing all the people associated with their surgery and everytime Belial was on screen I just couldn't look at him, it creeped me the hell out.

LOL... really?

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/1...casebelial.jpg

I'd never heard of this. It's funny the kind of stuff we're scared of when we were younger...

Pants 10-19-2011 02:31 PM

Twin Peaks scared the shit out of me when I was a kid. I have no idea why. ****ing David Lynch.

Nzoner 10-19-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8006904)
The Strangers was dumb as hell.

For me,scary is the possibility of something really happening brought to film,that said it was way more believeable than the Nightmare series.

And just to clarify,movies like music are subjective,so although I'm questioning the believeability of your choice,I'd never call it dumb.

The Franchise 10-19-2011 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8006989)
For me,scary is the possibility of something really happening brought to film,that said it was way more believeable than the Nightmare series.

And just to clarify,movies like music are subjective,so although I'm questioning the believeability of your choice,I'd never call it dumb.

I'm calling it dumb because the plot had so much promise....but fell flat. The two main characters were stupid at every turn of the movie.

Lzen 10-19-2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8006997)
I'm calling it dumb because the plot had so much promise....but fell flat. The two main characters were stupid at every turn of the movie.

Agreed. The movie was okay, but the main characters were really stupid.

Nzoner 10-19-2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8006997)

Unfortunately,Hollywood is full of that,sometimes I think regular guys like us could do a much better job.

ReynardMuldrake 10-19-2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8006365)
I started watching this (the slender man) a while back -- I enjoy it but after reading House of Leaves -- I see where the Marble Hornets crew got their ideas.

They actually call him 'The Operator' but I believe he was inspired by Slender Man.

It's interesting how creepy/effective a scary movie is really seems to have no relation to how much money was spent making it.

ReynardMuldrake 10-19-2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8006906)
Marble Hornets scares the piss out of me. I always watch them at night with the window open, just to make it scarier. I haven't seen any in about 9 months though. Are they done with that?

I think they're making a 'season 2' now. I wasn't sure what to think when I first watched it but after some time it's grown on me. I kinda want to watch it again now.

What's great about it is the use of sound. It's like when you play Silent Hill and a radio suddenly gets a lot of static you know shit's about to get real. I've never seen artifacts/screen tearing used like that in a movie. It's really kind of ingenious.

The two parts that stick out for me are when they were exploring that abandoned basement or whatever. That was super creepy. Also when they give the camera to someone else and they see that thing in the hallway... that actually made me jump.

Nzoner 10-19-2011 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 8007032)

It's interesting how creepy/effective a scary movie is really seems to have no relation to how much money was spent making it.

You nailed that,look no further than Hooper's original Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

rocknrolla 10-19-2011 03:12 PM

Magic with Anthony Hopkins,from 1978. I haven't seen it since. But it gave me nightmares for the longest time. I'm going to pick it up. I'm sure it's pretty cheesy now.

dannybcaitlyn 10-19-2011 03:14 PM

American werewolf in London did it for me when I was a kid.

sd4chiefs 10-19-2011 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8006748)
Not too much scares me anymore....just get chills.....The Paranormal Acvitivity movies and The Strangers gave me decent chills recently.

When i was a kid The Exorcist, Shining, and Carrie all freaked me out pretty good. oh, and that Doll story from Trilogy of Terror.

The first Paranormal Acvitiviy was kind of creepy for me because it was filmed here in San Diego and the house looked a lot like my house. Paranormal Acvitity 3 is at 89% on the tomatoe meter.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/paranormal_activity_3/

Deberg_1990 10-19-2011 08:54 PM

I miss this..

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-3gZkM-WDao" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Al Bundy 10-19-2011 08:54 PM

Halloween, I saw it in 1980 when I was 8 years old...

kc rush 10-20-2011 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8007844)
I miss this..

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-3gZkM-WDao" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

With a zillion Ray Adams commercials run in there.

Otter 10-20-2011 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8006795)
Ive seen it, but its been years...dont remember too much about it other than he hallucinates right?

Sorry, missed this post.

To tell you what's going on in the movie gives away the whole ending. Which, by the way, is pretty ambiguous.

It's almost Halloween, rent it out and watch it in a dark room with no distractions. It's creepy as hell, but awesome. I'd love to hear your interpretation on it.

Swanman 10-20-2011 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 8006933)
LOL... really?

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/1...casebelial.jpg

I'd never heard of this. It's funny the kind of stuff we're scared of when we were younger...

I think that image was from one of the sequels, where the series went in a comedic direction. In the first one, I remember Belial looking so much freakier. I can't put my finger on it, but something about the way he looked scared the piss out of me. And I watched all kinds of horror movies as a kid without being phased.

This image was from the original:

http://wherebadmovieslive.files.word...basketcase.jpg

lcarus 10-20-2011 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8006963)
Twin Peaks scared the shit out of me when I was a kid. I have no idea why. ****ing David Lynch.

If David Lynch was used to make the Silent Hill movie, maybe it wouldn't have turned out to be a giant piece of dog shit.

QuikSsurfer 10-20-2011 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8009408)
If David Lynch was used to make the Silent Hill movie, maybe it wouldn't have turned out to be a giant piece of dog shit.

The first half of Silent Hill was pretty good --- then it was tossed into a blender.

I may be a little biased because the SH game series (well 1-3) is my favorite.. but ah well.

I wonder if they're still working on the movie's sequel.

lcarus 10-20-2011 09:45 AM

Oh, speaking of movies that you were scared of as a child that are ridiculous now. Ghoulies II used to scare me to death when I was 6 years old. I actually still somewhat like that POS movie now though. Beats Ghoulies 1, 3, and the INCREDIBLY awful Ghoulies IV. Where they didn't even have the Ghoulies..just two midgets in Spencer's Gifts troll costumes.

lcarus 10-20-2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8009436)
The first half of Silent Hill was pretty good --- then it was tossed into a blender.

I may be a little biased because the SH game series (well 1-3) is my favorite.. but ah well.

I wonder if they're still working on the movie's sequel.

I was so obsessed with the story in SH 1 & 2, that I just couldn't accept what they turned it into for the movie going masses. Which is a shame, because they nailed the atmosphere and used Akira Yamoaka's music from the games. If they do make a sequel, it should revolve around the plot of James.

lcarus 10-20-2011 10:21 AM

Oh yeah, if you like horror movies, you should check out AVGN's Monster Madness reviews. He does a review of a horror movie for every day in the month of October. He's done it for years now, so lots of short reviews to watch if you get bored. I enjoy them.
http://cinemassacre.com/category/mov...onstermadness/

ReynardMuldrake 10-20-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8009458)
I was so obsessed with the story in SH 1 & 2, that I just couldn't accept what they turned it into for the movie going masses. Which is a shame, because they nailed the atmosphere and used Akira Yamoaka's music from the games. If they do make a sequel, it should revolve around the plot of James.

I don't know, I thought they did a pretty good job. No CG creatures, they were all real actors, and I thought the monsters were really well done. It did lose some steam towards the end but compared to most movie/game adaptations, I thought it was excellent.

lcarus 10-20-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 8010010)
I don't know, I thought they did a pretty good job. No CG creatures, they were all real actors, and I thought the monsters were really well done. It did lose some steam towards the end but compared to most movie/game adaptations, I thought it was excellent.

Compared to most video game adaptations, it was pretty good. Unfortunately that isn't saying much. The creatures and the town looked awesome. The problem for me was the story and the acting was pretty forgettable. Half the movie was Rose running around yelling "CHERYL!". The trailer had me so pumped. Maybe the sequel will be better, but that's probably hoping for too much.

Huffmeister 10-20-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8006365)
I started watching this (the slender man) a while back -- I enjoy it but after reading House of Leaves -- I see where the Marble Hornets crew got their ideas.

I started reading House Of Leaves about a year ago, but for the life of me I can't seem to get into it. I'm probably less than 100 pages into it. All of the footnotes and jumping back and forth between narratives (within the footnotes) and pages and pages of discussing the philosophical meaning of the word "mirror" have just prevented me from enjoying it. It seems like there's a kernel of good stuff in there (the house's interior dimensions being larger than the exterior dimensions), but I had a hard time getting to it. Is it worth my time to pick it back up and work my way through it?

Also, what is Marble Hornets?

TEX 10-20-2011 12:12 PM

The Exorcist
When I was a kid it scared the $hit out of me! We all snuck in to see it late one Saturday evening. We were all looking over our shoulders riding our bikes home. LOL!

QuikSsurfer 10-20-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8010840)
I started reading House Of Leaves about a year ago, but for the life of me I can't seem to get into it. I'm probably less than 100 pages into it. All of the footnotes and jumping back and forth between narratives (within the footnotes) and pages and pages of discussing the philosophical meaning of the word "mirror" have just prevented me from enjoying it. It seems like there's a kernel of good stuff in there (the house's interior dimensions being larger than the exterior dimensions), but I had a hard time getting to it. Is it worth my time to pick it back up and work my way through it?

It's much easier to read it as two different stories.. Read through it once while hitting all of The Navidson Record -- and then again hitting all of Johnny's story.. It gets really hard to read towards the end with all the crazy page formatting and even backwards fonts that you have to read with a mirror.. But holy shit, it is a great, terrifying ride.
What version of the book do you have?

ReynardMuldrake 10-20-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8010251)
Compared to most video game adaptations, it was pretty good. Unfortunately that isn't saying much. The creatures and the town looked awesome. The problem for me was the story and the acting was pretty forgettable. Half the movie was Rose running around yelling "CHERYL!". The trailer had me so pumped. Maybe the sequel will be better, but that's probably hoping for too much.

They're making a sequel? I wish they would just make an adaptation of Silent Hill 2. Slow, creeping psychological horror, it could be a great movie.

Jerm 10-20-2011 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 8006830)
Really? I loved that movie.

Oh I do too...one of my favs, just freaky to watch it develop and then the aftermath.

Chiefnj2 10-20-2011 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8010840)

FWIW, I thought House of Leaves was way over-hyped. I didn't find it scarey or creepy at all.

gblowfish 10-20-2011 12:43 PM

I don't care much for scary movies. Life itself is scary enough.
But I thought "Silence of the Lambs" was great and very scary.

kaplin42 10-20-2011 12:56 PM

When I was younger and first saw it, Event Horizon scared the crap out of me.

DJJasonp 10-20-2011 02:36 PM

I think it has a lot to do with your age and the ability for the filmmaker to have you suspend your disbelief.

I was around 10 when I saw the original Halloween.......and it scared the hell out of me.

ANother John Carpenter movie "Prince of Darkness" was intensely creepy.

The exorcist, if you didnt catch it before all of the parodies, wont have the same impact as it did for those that saw it prior to all the jokes.

Recent films that I thought were well done and either creepy/scary/gory, etc.:

The Haunting in Connecticut (really well done and creeped me out)
House of 1,000 corpses (zombie doesnt pull any punches)
The Others was pretty good (Nicole Kidman)
The Ring/Grudge both were well done (IMO)
Cabin Fever was good
The Strangers (with Liv Tyler) was hands-down, one of the best horror movies of the past 10 years.

Another from my younger days......Phantasm scared the sh*t out of me the first time I saw it.

crispystl 10-20-2011 05:58 PM

I don't even know if it was a horror movie but I used to watch this movie when i was like 5 or 6 call The Omega Man (I think) that shit used to scare the shit out of me.

crispystl 10-20-2011 06:00 PM

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067525/

Here is the info.

88TG88 10-20-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 8006064)
I was pretty young with Child's Play came out. The night after I saw it, I stayed the night at my friends. He had a My Buddy doll. Freaked me out!

Ya me too, I was about the same age as the kid in the movie so it made me think I was next.

kcmaxwell 10-20-2011 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8006042)
When I was a kid....it was any of the "Nightmare on Elm Street" movies.

This forever. The first one scared the ever loving hell outta me.

kcmaxwell 10-20-2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 8011648)
When I was younger and first saw it, Event Horizon scared the crap out of me.

That was another good one. When that kid went out the airlock was crazy!

Red Brooklyn 10-20-2011 08:16 PM

For me there are only four movies that just scared the shit out of me and have stayed with me long after first viewing.

1. A Nightmare On Elm Street (original). Saw it for the first time when I was 6. Saw it for the second time when I was 14 and hadn't forgotten a single frame.

2. The Shining. Doesn't really scare me anymore. Now it's just an amazing film. But the first time around it knocked me out.

3. Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me. Saw this out of context, had never seen an episode of TP before. I was 16 and it really got to me. Big time. I still have a hard time opening my bedroom door some nights.

4. The Exorcist. Still gets me. I've only seen it four times and each time it's been hell getting to sleep after.

listopencil 10-20-2011 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8006731)
Even older than that was a movie called Trilogy Of Terror where a vodoo doll comes to life and terrorizes a woman in her apartment.

Yep. I think it was the second story of the trilogy.

I'm trying to find a movie that scared the living shit out of me as a kid. I think it was made in the 70's. This lady is living the suburban dream in a nice house and it gets invaded by tiny people or creatures. They can't function in bright light. At one point (maybe the climax of the movie) she is throwing a dinner party and the little people are going full on attack mode. They cut the power to the house.

listopencil 10-20-2011 08:21 PM

http://terrortrap.com/television/dontbeafraidofthedark/

ohiobronco2 10-20-2011 08:29 PM

When I was a kid, it was Exorcist. As an adult, the show I Survived. Humans can be pretty f***** up.

Frosty 10-20-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 8017990)

Mentioned it earlier. I saw it was I was around 9 years old and it gave me nightmares for a long time.

Barrymore50 10-20-2011 09:40 PM

SEVEN. SE7EN?

listopencil 10-20-2011 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 8019223)
Mentioned it earlier. I saw it was I was around 9 years old and it gave me nightmares for a long time.

I checked the date and it was aired Halloween '73. So I was 6 years old when I first saw it. Absolutely terrifying for a 6 year old.

listopencil 10-20-2011 10:20 PM

Strangely enough...

October 10th 1973Vice President of the United States Spiro Agnew resigns after being charged with federal income tax evasion.

007 10-20-2011 10:24 PM

Poltergeist and Nighmare on Elm Street.

Bambi 10-20-2011 11:20 PM

Something Wicked This Way Comes

BigMeatballDave 10-20-2011 11:24 PM

When I was a kid, The Exorcist and Amityville Horror.

The Grudge was a little creepy.

BigMeatballDave 10-20-2011 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrymore50 (Post 8019544)
SEVEN. SE7EN?

Great movie. I never thought of it as a scary movie.

Bambi 10-20-2011 11:26 PM

need this in this thread. See these movies....they'll change your life :)

Wickedson's Definitive List of Bad Ass kinda Horror but more Brutal Movies:

enjoy!

the 70's
Cannibal Holocaust (The movie Blair Witch stole all their ideas from)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the one from the 70's)
I Spit on You Grave (tough rape scene but good revenge)
Last House on the Left (the one from the 70's)
Last House on the Left (the new one isn't that bad...rough rape scene)
Halloween
Carrie
An American Werewolf in London (a comedy but really good)

Asian
Oldboy (not really horror but one of my favorite movies ever...Korean)...if you like it there are two sequels
Ichi the Killer
Audition
Three Extremes
Visitor Q
Battle Royale

American
Lost Highway
Devil's Rejects
Hard Candy (you thought the little girl from Juno was cute...)
The Descent
The Ruins
Surveillance
Cabin Fever
Frailty
Silent Hill
Dead Silence

French and/or Euro
Haute Tension (American release is called High Tension)
The Hills Have Eyes
Irreversible (the worst rape scene but movie is incredible)
Martyrs
Let the Right One In
Wolf Creek

Sci Fi Horror
Sunshine
Event Horizon

-King- 10-20-2011 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 8006762)
Its a really stupid movie in hindsight but I couldn't get through Basket Case when I was like ten. It's about siamese twins that were separated at birth but one of the twins was nothing more than a head and an arm, named Belial. The movie was about the brothers going around and killing all the people associated with their surgery and everytime Belial was on screen I just couldn't look at him, it creeped me the hell out.

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/8656/basketcase.gif

BigMeatballDave 10-20-2011 11:31 PM

American Werewolf in London was pretty good.

Wasn't that early 80's?

BigMeatballDave 10-20-2011 11:36 PM

The Brood and It's Alive were very creepy.

greg63 10-20-2011 11:43 PM

Exorcist

ThaVirus 10-21-2011 12:18 AM

Well since my parents were about 20 years old when they had me, they didn't practice the best parenting techniques. They pretty much let me and my sister watch any movie and listen to any music they did so I saw it all. The scariest movies I remember were the Halloweens (can't tell you which ones) when I was around 4 years old probably. I had the biggest fear of Michael Myers for the longest time from that, I promise.

After that, I'd say The Ring was the next big movie to scare me. I was around 13 when I saw it. I remember wanting to move the TV out of my room for a few weeks after that one. Even more, the whole creep/crawly/snappy movement thing that developed from her crawling up the well always gets me. A bunch of movies adopted it right after, like The Grudge, The Messengers and a few others.

Fairplay 10-21-2011 12:31 AM

The movie where this girls head goes around and around. Plus she throws up on people, talks real scary and has to be tied to a bed.

listopencil 10-21-2011 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 8021592)
The movie where this girls head goes around and around. Plus she throws up on people, talks real scary and has to be tied to a bed.

Sex In The City?

BigMeatballDave 10-21-2011 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 8021666)
Sex In The City?

LMAO

Nzoner 10-21-2011 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8020869)

enjoy!

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the one from the 70's)

[Still #1 in my book]

Audition

I own this movie,absolutely wicked.

Hard Candy (you thought the little girl from Juno was cute...)

Own this one as well,let's just say this one made me very uneasy and I found myself squirming more than once.

Irreversible (the worst rape scene but movie is incredible)

Great call,the rape scene was sickening,however,the murder scene was easily the most brutal I've seen as well.

Posted some thoughts on some of your choices and would also suggest checking out.

Man Bites Dog

SPOORLOOS-the original of The Vanishing that starred Keifer Sutherland.

The Flock

ohiobronco2 10-21-2011 08:25 AM

Now, one of the worst I've ever seen was played on, "USA, UP ALL NIGHT". I believe it was called THE CHILDREN.

ReynardMuldrake 10-21-2011 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8020869)

enjoy!

[...]

Dude you have ****ed-up taste in movies. You just named most of the movies I refuse to watch.

Cannibal Holocaust? How can you watch a film where they kill real animals onscreen? That shit is sickening.

frankotank 10-21-2011 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn (Post 8007094)
American werewolf in London did it for me when I was a kid.

A naked American man stole my balloons!

Bwana 10-21-2011 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8006731)
Even older than that was a movie called Trilogy Of Terror where a vodoo doll comes to life and terrorizes a woman in her apartment.

I forgot all about that little bastard voo-doo doll. If I remember correctly, there were three mini stories and that was one of them. I also think it was a made for TV gig, rather than something you went to see at the theater? I could be wrong though. It's been a lot of years, back when the crust of the earth was cooling.

frankotank 10-21-2011 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 8006695)
The Legend of Boggy Creek

Nice! I was a kid living in the upper peninsula of Michigan when this came out. They had taken plaster casts of supposed bigfoot footprints at the lake all of us kids would swim in. Damn I forgot all about this one. It bothered me…..big time….

I’ve always loved scary movies. Still do, except that for the most part they just aren’t scary anymore. I was in 7th grade-ish and me and my best friend Donnie had my mom get us into the base theater (Whiteman) to see this scary movie. I used to race Donnie from street light to street light all the time, and me being white, him being black, he’d beat me every time. So about 20 minutes into this movie we decide…we can't deal, we gotta leave. We had to walk thru woods to get home and now it’s dark. So you do that thing where he gets ahead of you so you walk a little faster to get ahead of him and then a little faster and then you’re flat out sprinting. We were seriously freaked out. I dusted his ass! I was first out of the woods by a long shot. Fear….it’ll make you run like a mother****er!

Anyways, I’ve since seen the WHOLE movie. It was on a few years back and it’s really not that scary. It's actually pretty silly, but it sure as hell was scary back in 7th grade.
It’s Alive.
That frigging baby....sick.

http://cbowiephoto.files.wordpress.c.../its_alive.jpg

CosmicPal 10-21-2011 09:19 AM

The scariest movies to me are the ones that incorporate suspense, a feeling of isolation, the feeling that it can happen to you, and a captivating, eerie soundtrack to get your heart pumping. With that said, my personal favorites all share those elements:

1. Jaws
2. The Exorcist
3. The Shining
4. The Thing
5. Halloween
6. Silence of the Lambs
7. Rec
8. Alien
9. The Descent
10. The Devil's Backbone

lcarus 10-21-2011 10:00 AM

This was always hysterical to me...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qEllT1RHqa8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nzoner 10-21-2011 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 8023738)
I forgot all about that little bastard voo-doo doll. If I remember correctly, there were three mini stories and that was one of them. I also think it was a made for TV gig, rather than something you went to see at the theater? I could be wrong though. It's been a lot of years, back when the crust of the earth was cooling.

You'd be correct

QuikSsurfer 10-21-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal (Post 8023837)
10. The Devil's Backbone

Great, great movie. Surprised it hasn't been listed before now.

Frazod 10-21-2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8020926)
American Werewolf in London was pretty good.

Wasn't that early 80's?

Love this movie. I saw this in the theater when I was in high school. I was watching the movie with two girls, one on either side, who were clinging to me throughout the entire film. I had already seen it once, so I knew were all the scary parts were and didn't flinch. Plus, most of my friends were sitting a couple of rows behind us without dates. What a great night. :D

DJJasonp 10-21-2011 01:47 PM

What was the movie where a bunch of twenty-somethings broke down in rural Australia?....then terrorized by a backwoods lunatic type? That movie was brutal.

Ming the Merciless 10-21-2011 01:56 PM

trolls 2

tremors

Chiefnj2 10-21-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 8027976)
What was the movie where a bunch of twenty-somethings broke down in rural Australia?....then terrorized by a backwoods lunatic type? That movie was brutal.

Funny Games

ReynardMuldrake 10-21-2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8028062)
Funny Games

That doesn't sound a thing like Funny Games. Other than the terrorizing part.

Chiefnj2 10-21-2011 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 8028140)
That doesn't sound a thing like Funny Games. Other than the terrorizing part.

You are right, probably Wolf Creek.

Nzoner 10-21-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 8027976)

Wrong Turn?

lcarus 10-21-2011 02:47 PM

Since this is the scary movie thread, tonight I'm planning on watching the old Hammer Dracula movies with Christopher Lee. I've never seen any of them. Should be awful/awesome! Any recommendations on which ones are the best

Chiefs Pantalones 10-21-2011 06:11 PM

The only movie that ever scared me was Stephen King's It. I saw that when I was nine years old. I like scary movies but I've never really been scared by any since that one. I've seen it since then and don't get scared now but that's the only one that has creeped me out lol. I hate clowns.

keg in kc 10-21-2011 06:15 PM

I'm not sure anything has ever scared me as much as The Exorcist as a then-Catholic teen.

QuikSsurfer 10-21-2011 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 8031032)
The only movie that ever scared me was Stephen King's It. I saw that when I was nine years old. I like scary movies but I've never really been scared by any since that one. I've seen it since then and don't get scared now but that's the only one that has creeped me out lol. I hate clowns.

The book is terrifying... I had to take a few breaks from it that summer..