ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Weather Joplin virtually destroyed by tornado (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=245402)

Discuss Thrower 05-22-2011 08:38 PM

St Johns is converting my high school into an ER ward.

Gracie Dean 05-22-2011 08:38 PM

sister and fam are okay but are pretty devestated. Home gone.

School for me is out Wed so gonna drive up and see what I can do to help Wed pm.

LiL stumppy 05-22-2011 08:38 PM

Have a friend there, single dad with 5 kids. House was completley destroyed.

And another who I believe was in wal-mart, or went after (he works there) to help, was helping a man with a broken back they think at the time.

LiveSteam 05-22-2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 7657365)
My heart goes out to the people in Joplin. I've not heard back from a couple of my friends and one family member, yet.

Guys, think what you will... but this storm was DEFINITELY modified.

What do you mean by modified? modified by man?

teedubya 05-22-2011 08:40 PM

This video shows where Springfield and Joplin were targeted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-EzO...ailpage#t=254s

It's nuts. It's obvious.

Stinger 05-22-2011 08:41 PM

National guard on the way..... per. Gov Nixon declaring area state of emergency.

DaFace 05-22-2011 08:42 PM

TW is on Facebook (and is friends with a few Planeteers), but I'm not one of them so I can't see if he's posting. I sent him a message and asked him to check in.

No Facebook match on RedandGold's email address, and that's all I've got to work with.

SPchief 05-22-2011 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 7657365)
My heart goes out to the people in Joplin. I've not heard back from a couple of my friends and one family member, yet.

Guys, think what you will... but this storm was DEFINITELY modified. I watched it on radar yesterday... and they've really been pounding the midwest with these storms lately. This is no bullshit.

I've seen many, many of the scalar rings on radar late at night over the past couple months, and every time that these circles pop up on radar... BOOM. A huge storm hits the area within a day or two. It's like clockwork.

Sometimes the circles are more visible than others, but when you've been watching for them, you see the footprint of weather modification.

<iframe width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BYQT3pZLs6o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This isn't the thread to put this BS in, start a new one or drop it in here

DaFace 05-22-2011 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 7657383)

It's nuts. It's obvious.

Dude, just shut the **** up. This is neither the time nor the place to be spewing your tinfoil hat bullshit.

LiL stumppy 05-22-2011 08:43 PM

It could be up 2 an f5 tornado

luv 05-22-2011 08:46 PM

Wow. Was over at dad's watching a movie. It got pretty bad rain and wind-wise, but I had no clue about this until looking at this thread. I hope everyone on here is alright.

Coogs 05-22-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 7657363)
Red Cross said 75% of Joplin is destroyed. Wow.

I just googled Joplin's population. It said 270,000. Man, if that is correct.... that is almost to hard to comprehend.

SPchief 05-22-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7657388)
Dude, just shut the **** up. This is neither the time nor the place to be spewing your tinfoil hat bullshit.

Just give him a timeout

CoMoChief 05-22-2011 08:49 PM

Joplin just got Bill Goldberg'd

Chiefspants 05-22-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

It's nuts. It's obvious.

Is anything not a conspiracy with you?

Discuss Thrower 05-22-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 7657401)
I just googled Joplin's population. It said 270,000. Man, if that is correct.... that is almost to hard to comprehend.

50k in city limits. The larger number is Webb City, Carl, maybe Carthage included. But I'd wager there could be homeless in the thousands.

ChiefsCountry 05-22-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

It's nuts. It's obvious.

Get this shit out of here.

teedubya 05-22-2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7657388)

It's not ****ing bullshit.

It happens EVERY ****ING TIME these rings pop up.

This should start to wake you people up. This shit is CREATED.

http://www.dutchsinse.com/blog/?p=605

Coogs 05-22-2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Town Fan 1988 (Post 7657409)
50k in city limits. The larger number is Webb City, Carl, maybe Carthage included. But I'd wager there could be homeless in the thousands.

50K is still pretty unbelievable.

|Zach| 05-22-2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 7657417)

http://timecube.com

BigRedChief 05-22-2011 08:54 PM

Our friends and neighbors next door for the last 10 years sister lost their home, totally destroyed but they are all alive.

Rams Fan 05-22-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

How many people here do you think care about the rings or HAARP?

BryanBusby 05-22-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

This ain't the time or place for that; get the **** out.

Oh shit, I think my aunt was staying at the hospital that got destroyed.

BigRedChief 05-22-2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

who is making tornadoes and why? Just make another thread but quit posting it in here. Enlighten us in another thread.

teedubya 05-22-2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 7657408)
Is anything not a conspiracy with you?

Lot's of things... but they all feed into the same shit.

It's sad, but I've seen this shit happen several times over the past few months.

The tornadoes in North Carolina were predicted 2 days before due to these rings.

All of these storms are flooding the Mississippi area... also, a lot of these storms rotate like hurricanes on land, which is totally abnormal.

It's sad. I have most likely lost some family and friends. But, it's NOT an act of nature, IMO.

LiL stumppy 05-22-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 7657427)
This ain't the time or place for that; get the **** out.

Oh shit, I think my aunt was staying at the hospital that got destroyed.

I know the hospitial didnt get destroyed. As in it's still standing, had a lot of damage though. So hopefully she wouldn't be effected.

teedubya 05-22-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 7657430)
who is making tornadoes and why?

They aren't "making tornadoes", they are sending high frequencies into the areas and massive storms then pop up.

It happens time after time when these rings pop up. I don't fully understand it...

but, I've been watching them for about 2-3 months now... and most of the times, the rings show up on radar LAAATE at night... and within a couple of days a HUGE storm hits that area.

So, maybe it's a coincidence, but I don't believe that. If it happened infrequently, I'd say it was a coincidence... when it happens most everytime, it's a pattern.

teedubya 05-22-2011 08:58 PM

I'm getting off of here and calling some family. This shit pisses me off.

DaFace 05-22-2011 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 7657439)
They aren't "making tornadoes", they are sending high frequencies into the areas and massive storms then pop up.

It happens time after time when these rings pop up. I don't fully understand it...

but, I've been watching them for about 2-3 months now... and most of the times, the rings show up on radar LAAATE at night... and within a couple of days a HUGE storm hits that area.

So, maybe it's a coincidence, but I don't believe that. If it happened infrequently, I'd say it was a coincidence... when it happens most everytime, it's a pattern.

OK. We get it. Please start a new thread if you want to discuss this rather than further derailing this thread.

SPchief 05-22-2011 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiL stumppy (Post 7657438)
I know the hospitial didnt get destroyed. As in it's still standing, had a lot of damage though. So hopefully she wouldn't be effected.

Unfortunatly the hospital has been reported as not functional

KCUnited 05-22-2011 08:59 PM

Got a verbal from the in laws. Apparently the cell towers are over loaded, they'd been trying to call KC for several hours. They have no power or water and are having a generator brought over from family in Galina. Funny, they don't know how bad it is and were blown away by my description of what I was seeing on tv.

Chiefspants 05-22-2011 09:00 PM

Quote:

Can we please use this thread to focus on the people who were potentially affected by this tragedy rather than as a home for your theories about what caused it?

It's irrelevant whether mother nature, or the big, bad government was the cause of this, lives were still lost/affected, and that should be the focus here.

LiL stumppy 05-22-2011 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7657443)
OK. We get it. Please start a new thread if you want to discuss this rather than further derailing this thread.

He thinks the government send high frequencies to cause these storms? :shrug:

LiL stumppy 05-22-2011 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 7657445)

I think they were all moved to the hospitial up the street

Discuss Thrower 05-22-2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 7657445)

St John's is out, Freeman (presumably West) is taking critical patients.

CaliforniaChief 05-22-2011 09:03 PM

The problem with the hospital is that while they probably had multiple generators to back up the power grid, those generators could have been destroyed. Patients on life-saving equipment, drug dose machines, and monitors could have all been taken out. Add the fragile state of people who are hospitalized, and it gets kinda scary.

I am just heartbroken for all those people...and for those of you who can't get in touch with friends/family in the area.

J Diddy 05-22-2011 09:03 PM

I am ok. town is destroyed. H grandma lived 2 blocks from that hospital, still no word. Found one of n my children, missing is daughter and grandchild. I found her house, it was destroyed.only communication is the internet on my phone. Little bit of prayers please.

DaFace 05-22-2011 09:04 PM

Glad to hear you're OK man, but scary shit about the family. You're in my thoughts.

luv 05-22-2011 09:04 PM

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...31.64548758320

Local news on facebook has some pictures posted.

Rain Man 05-22-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotherLover (Post 7657461)
I am ok. town is destroyed. H grandma lived 2 blocks from that hospital, still no word. Found one of n my children, missing is daughter and grandchild. I found her house, it was destroyed.only communication is the internet on my phone. Little bit of prayers please.

Good luck, man. Let us know if we can help remotely. Glad you're okay.

KcMizzou 05-22-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Jesus. You got it. All the best to you, man.

Chiefspants 05-22-2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Prayers and thoughts coming your way.

SPchief 05-22-2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7657386)
TW is on Facebook (and is friends with a few Planeteers), but I'm not one of them so I can't see if he's posting. I sent him a message and asked him to check in.

No Facebook match on RedandGold's email address, and that's all I've got to work with.

Anyone? :shrug:

Brock 05-22-2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

You're missing a daughter and a grandchild?

Stinger 05-22-2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiL stumppy (Post 7657453)
I think they were all moved to the hospitial up the street

They are evacuating to surrounding hospitals.

http://www.news-leader.com/article/2...tornado-damage

Quote:

St. John’s Regional Medical Center in Joplin is being fully evacuated, after the hospital was directly hit by a tornado Sunday afternoon, said Cora Scott, spokeswoman for St. John’s Health System in Springfield.

“We are not sure of the safety of the building,” Scott said.

Damage to the building is extensive, as its windows were blown out and its roof was taken off, she said.

Scott said patients from Joplin will be accommodated in St. John’s facilities in Springfield and surrounding area.

baitism 05-22-2011 09:06 PM

Quote:

reeruned shit

You do realize that is ground noise on the radar, right? Like buildings and shit...

luv 05-22-2011 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 7657469)
Anyone? :shrug:

Could someone PM me his real name? I think I've got him, but I'm not sure. I recently went through and deleted some people that I don't interact with or have never met in person.

Bugeater 05-22-2011 09:06 PM

Quote:

I'll be thinking about you, best of luck and godspeed.

SPchief 05-22-2011 09:06 PM

Quote:

Keep the hope man, glad to know you're ok

J Diddy 05-22-2011 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7657472)
You're missing a daughter and a grandchild?

And grandmother.

|Zach| 05-22-2011 09:07 PM

Police scanner in the area. Lots of info. Pretty scary.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/a...wp&feedId=2798

:(

Brock 05-22-2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotherLover (Post 7657479)
And grandmother.

My God, man. Very sorry and I hope you find them well.

Frazod 05-22-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Jesus, that's horrible. Best of luck to you and I hope you find them all okay.

Stinger 05-22-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Prayers for your family on the way.

journeyscarab 05-22-2011 09:11 PM

Prayers for you and your family ML.

pr_capone 05-22-2011 09:11 PM

Quote:

Prayers and well wishes man.

ReynardMuldrake 05-22-2011 09:12 PM

Quote:

Kindly shove it up your ass. This is a thread dealing with the trauma of lost of homes and loved ones, not your personal soapbox to spew whatever convoluted nonsense is running through your mind at the moment. No one asked, and no one here cares about your bullshit propaganda.

SPchief 05-22-2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 7657442)
I'm getting off of here and calling some family. This shit pisses me off.

All BS aside, I hope your family is safe and you can get ahold of them

dirk digler 05-22-2011 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotherLover (Post 7657479)
And grandmother.

My prayers are with you.

Phobia 05-22-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

thanks for checking in, Bud. Go take care of your family.

teedubya 05-22-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 7657491)
All BS aside, I hope your family is safe and you can get ahold of them

Thanks man. I hope everyone's family is safe. I grew up there from age 2-5.

All bullshit aside, if you watch the radar animation, on one or two frames you will sometimes see near perfect circles and sometimes squares and rectangles that form an anomoly in the radar pattern. Most of the time there is NO storm in the area, just a circle randomly popping up... 1-3 days later a huge storm hits there.

I've seen it at least 15 times in the past 2 months.

I should create a thread and discuss the consistency of this data.

REDHOTGTO 05-22-2011 09:17 PM

just found out my nephew and family are all fine, they live right in joplin, scary day

luv 05-22-2011 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 7657500)
Thanks man. I hope everyone's family is safe. I grew up there from age 2-5.

All bullshit aside, if you watch the radar animation, on one or two frames you will sometimes see near perfect circles and sometimes squares and rectangles that form an anomoly in the radar pattern. Most of the time there is NO storm in the area, just a circle randomly popping up... 1-3 days later a huge storm hits there.

I've seen it at least 15 times in the past 2 months.

I should create a thread and discuss the consistency of this data.

Ya think?

luv 05-22-2011 09:21 PM

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Joplin...063164?sk=wall

Joplin tornado recovery page on facebook. Post if you need assistance or can give it.

KingPriest2 05-22-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 7657401)

Thats the metro Its 44k Also its more like 45 percent

luv 05-22-2011 09:23 PM

Unofficial death toll at 37 and expected to climb by morning.

teedubya 05-22-2011 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7657505)
Ya think?

It wouldn't matter, though. Proving things to you guys, would be nearly impossible. So, I won't waste my energy.

There are plenty of videos that prove it. http://youtube.com/user/dutchsinse does a video on every ring that he finds. I don't. I just look for the rings then watch in amazement after it hits the exact area, time after time after time.

And it sucks, because each time... people's families are impacted by these storms and the Mississippi gets more flooded, which will eventually trigger the New Madrid. That's my hypothesis, anyway.

|Zach| 05-22-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 7657514)
So, I won't waste my energy.

Good, then that is the end of it.

KingPriest2 05-22-2011 09:24 PM

My kids live there with my ex They are ok My exs preschool is gone The one we built togetther adn scarificed alot for. Its right at 20th and connecticut. Its about a half mile from the high school

My ex is a wreck right now For several reasons here livelihood is gone and prob quite a few of her preschoolers are now gone My heart goes out to here

I plan on leaving Kc tom and help

Al Bundy 05-22-2011 09:28 PM

Looting? seriously....

gblowfish 05-22-2011 09:30 PM

The Jasper County Emergency Scanner is pretty amazing, and crazy busy. Guys in ambulances flying everywhere. Having hard time coordinating shelters and medical supplies tonight. Very heavy situation.

Very tough day for our friends in Joplin. My thoughts are prayers are with you all.

SAUTO 05-22-2011 09:31 PM

This is terrible
Posted via Mobile Device

Dr. Johnny Fever 05-22-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowl (Post 7657520)
Looting? seriously....

If that's true it's beyond stupidity.

Discuss Thrower 05-22-2011 09:33 PM

Fraternity brother lost his aunt and uncle. ****.

Discuss Thrower 05-22-2011 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noonan (Post 7657532)
If that's true it's beyond stupidity.

True, they started looting Academy Sports about 30-45 minutes after the storm hit. Cops couldn't catch him/them

gblowfish 05-22-2011 09:35 PM

The dispatchers keep talking about where buildings "used to be." The High School, a Dillon's Grocery Store, they're running supplies around town on ATVs because regular cars can't get around the debris. Heavy stuff. Very bad.

Stinger 05-22-2011 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowl (Post 7657520)
Looting? seriously....

There are bad people that will always take advantage no matter where you live. Hopefully the National Guard gets there soon and shoots them on site.

KcMizzou 05-22-2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 7657537)
The dispatchers keep talking about where buildings "used to be." The High School, a Dillon's Grocery Store, they're running supplies around town on ATVs because regular cars can't get around the debris. Heavy stuff. Very bad.

I heard that too.

Dr. Johnny Fever 05-22-2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Town Fan 1988 (Post 7657536)
True, they started looting Academy Sports about 30-45 minutes after the storm hit. Cops couldn't catch him/them

Good lord Joplin... time to come together not act like idiots

luv 05-22-2011 09:38 PM

Posted on FB

There is a triage being set up at Missouri Southern State University in the Health Sciences building for anyone injured. **** Any doctors or nurses available are needed to help!!!***

Triage centers have also been set up at 20th & Sunshine, Leggett & Platt, Junge Stadium, Lowes, and Vintage Stock on 22nd #Joplin