ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Breaking Bad (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204659)

badgirl 03-22-2010 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 6612355)
Another friendly reminder that the new season starts this Sunday night.

Man I love "Breaking Bad" i also watch all season 2 the weekend before the premier of season 3 just to freshen up on things.

kcxiv 03-23-2010 02:50 AM

The bathtub season in season 1 is one of the most just wow moments i ever seen from a TV show. I just couldn't believe what i seen. lol

MahiMike 03-25-2010 07:50 PM

DVR'd it. Will watch this weekend. 1 of my faves. Even got my 16 y/o daughter watching it. My way of teaching her about drugs.

notorious 03-25-2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 6633390)
DVR'd it. Will watch this weekend. 1 of my faves. Even got my 16 y/o daughter watching it. My way of teaching her about drugs.

Replay the "ATM" episode from season 2 and that should wrap up any worries about her and drugs.

notorious 03-28-2010 09:04 PM

That was a GREAT episode. Just when I think it might be losing momentum, BB re-invents itself.

Reaper16 03-28-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 6639796)
That was a GREAT episode. Just when I think it might be losing momentum, BB re-invents itself.

You were a ****ing fool for thinking that in the first place. How dare you doubt a show that has never misstepped yet. :cuss:

Seriously though that episode was crazy-good. It had the tension level of a season's penultimate episode. SHIT WAS GOING DOWN. The sneak peak at next week's episode was even crazier! MAJOR plot lines look to be coming to a head next week. AAAAAHHHHH!

irishjayhawk 03-28-2010 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 6639796)

My god, I don't know what to say. I can't decide what's better:

Aaron Paul's new identity who screws over his family after they shut him out
Walt firing up at the cop
Pollos commander's silent but deadly look when receiving information about Walt
The cinematography (again), and the HD quality
Skyler helping to commit fraud while condemning Walt
The shiny axe
Saul Goodman's awesomeness, bluetooth and all
The song and scene when Walt breaks into his own house.

irishjayhawk 03-28-2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6639841)
You were a ****ing fool for thinking that in the first place. How dare you doubt a show that has never misstepped yet. :cuss:

That was my first reaction but then I figured he didn't actually mean the implications of his statement.

Quote:

Seriously though that episode was crazy-good. It had the tension level of a season's penultimate episode. SHIT WAS GOING DOWN. The sneak peak at next week's episode was even crazier! MAJOR plot lines look to be coming to a head next week. AAAAAHHHHH!
I know, right? Already the skull cowboy boots found Walt?

notorious 03-28-2010 09:30 PM

Sorry guys, I love this show.

Every show I have loved ****s itself.

This show gets BETTER. It's too good to be true.

They are shifting Walt's secrets onto Skyler. It's ****ing great! Pollos is a big part of the Mexican connection. Unreal. Perfect story writing.

Reaper16 03-28-2010 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6639849)
That was my first reaction but then I figured he didn't actually mean the implications of his statement.

I know, right? Already the skull cowboy boots found Walt?

Did you watch the preview of next week?
Spoiler!

notorious 03-28-2010 09:31 PM

My favorite part:

Jesse has found himself.

Reaper16 03-28-2010 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 6639856)
Sorry guys, I love this show.

Every show I have loved ****s itself.

This show gets BETTER. It's too good to be true.

They are shifting Walt's secrets onto Skyler. It's ****ing great! Pollos is a big part of the Mexican connection. Unreal. Perfect story writing.

Indeed.

(Every show you've loved? Do you not love The Wire? Mad Men? Deadwood?)

notorious 03-28-2010 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6639861)
Indeed.

I have not found the time to watch them yet. Some day......

irishjayhawk 03-28-2010 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6639858)
Did you watch the preview of next week?
Spoiler!

I know. I was just surprised that even before the preview the scary retirement-home-loving-skull-guys found Walt IN THE SECOND EPISODE. Think about the second season. It took the whole time to find out it was a plane crash that caused the eyeball and teddy bear. In this, we see the opening scene come to fruition - more or less - in a 2 episode arc.

And that's before the preview you mention.

irishjayhawk 03-28-2010 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6639861)
Indeed.

Speaking of The Wire, do you see similarities in the pacing of the show?

Reaper16 03-28-2010 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6639867)
Speaking of The Wire, do you see similarities in the pacing of the show?

Yes, and here are the similarities in pacing between the two shows. Both are:

1.) Good
2.)

Reaper16 03-28-2010 11:56 PM

Here I am watching the final ten minutes of the episode for the 3rd time tonight. THE SHIT RULES.

notorious 03-29-2010 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6640106)
Here I am watching the final ten minutes of the episode for the 3rd time tonight. THE SHIT RULES.

I watch it back to back, too. I am glad this show is on late so that I can watch it without family interuption (even though I have DVR).

TrickyNicky 03-29-2010 04:03 PM

Quick question to settle a debate I had with my bro: The bald older guy that was putting the surveillance in the White's house, was he also the fake Heisenberg? If not, where/when did he show up previously?

Reaper16 03-29-2010 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 6641590)
Quick question to settle a debate I had with my bro: The bald older guy that was putting the surveillance in the White's house, was he also the fake Heisenberg? If not, where/when did he show up previously?

No, not the fake Heisenberg. He's Mike, the cleaner on the employ of Saul Goodman who told Walter how to clean up the crime scene that was Jane's apartment after she asphyxiated on her own vomit.

irishjayhawk 03-30-2010 01:35 PM

I think my favorite scene remains the scene outside the hardware store in season 2. TV on the Radio's DLZ starts playing and he walks outside and confronts a wannabe rival.

My next favorite moment would be the dark scene where Walt passes up saving Jane.

CoMoChief 03-30-2010 01:40 PM

Just started watching this show, and finally got caught up with the previous seasons and episodes.

This show is ****ing awesome. Walt's a badass. Shit's going to hit the fan in the next show.

Reaper16 03-30-2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6643235)
I think my favorite scene remains the scene outside the hardware store in season 2. TV on the Radio's DLZ starts playing and he walks outside and confronts a wannabe rival.

My next favorite moment would be the dark scene where Walt passes up saving Jane.

Those scenes are great. I don't even want to think about my favorite scenes but those two would be among them.

And, man, do I ever love TV on the Radio's "DLZ." That was a perfect song choice.

Brock 03-30-2010 02:11 PM

Who hired the hitmen? The old mute guy, or was he just used to finger Walt? Are the hitmen somehow controlled by Pollo?

Reaper16 03-30-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 6643374)
Who hired the hitmen? The old mute guy, or was he just used to finger Walt? Are the hitmen somehow controlled by Pollo?

We've known since early season 2 that Tuco's cousins were coming to the U.S. The hitmen are those cousins.

The real surprise is that they are involved with Gus Fring somehow, to the degree that they didn't kill Walter in order to depart for Los Pollos Hermanos immediately after they recieved Gus' text message. The way the scene was shot implied that Saul Goodman knows how to reach Gus too. That might have been a red herring, that Gus pulling the hitmen off was coincidence, but probably not.

EDIT: thinking about it more, I am unsure whether the "Pollos" text message was sent to Walter's cell or a cell on one of the cousins.

shitgoose 03-31-2010 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6643414)
We've known since early season 2 that Tuco's cousins were coming to the U.S. The hitmen are those cousins.

The real surprise is that they are involved with Gus Fring somehow, to the degree that they didn't kill Walter in order to depart for Los Pollos Hermanos immediately after they recieved Gus' text message. The way the scene was shot implied that Saul Goodman knows how to reach Gus too. That might have been a red herring, that Gus pulling the hitmen off was coincidence, but probably not.

EDIT: thinking about it more, I am unsure whether the "Pollos" text message was sent to Walter's cell or a cell on one of the cousins.

This is from the episode recap

Walt showers, unaware of the two men moving toward him. In his car, Mike makes a phone call. "There's something he should know about," he tells Victor, Gus' subordinate, who relays the message.

The Cousins sit on Walt's bed, waiting for him to get out of the shower. One picks up the teddy bear eyeball in Walt's open suitcase, then tosses it back. The other receives a text message: "POLLOS."

Reaper16 03-31-2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shitgoose (Post 6644708)
This is from the episode recap

Walt showers, unaware of the two men moving toward him. In his car, Mike makes a phone call. "There's something he should know about," he tells Victor, Gus' subordinate, who relays the message.

The Cousins sit on Walt's bed, waiting for him to get out of the shower. One picks up the teddy bear eyeball in Walt's open suitcase, then tosses it back. The other receives a text message: "POLLOS."

Good, my initial interpretation was correct.

CoMoChief 04-01-2010 01:16 AM

Anyone know where I can watch the episodes online w/o having to use "megavideo" links?

I can't get through more than 2 episodes because it will give me a message stating that "I've watched 72 mins today, wait an hour and try again blah blah" And it prevents me from being able to watch the rest of the show.

I'm sick n ****in tired of this shit. Any help on any new sites would be appreciated.

TrickyNicky 04-01-2010 02:13 AM

Are you against DLing them? Because there are multiple ways to obtain them in avi or wmv or mkv etc...

CoMoChief 04-01-2010 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 6646258)
Are you against DLing them? Because there are multiple ways to obtain them in avi or wmv or mkv etc...

I mean I can DL if I have to.....would rather just watch it streamed though.

irishjayhawk 04-01-2010 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 6646472)
I mean I can DL if I have to.....would rather just watch it streamed though.

I believe AMCTV.com has episodes.

Buck 04-03-2010 05:35 AM

Caught up on the entire series in like 5 days. PS my favorite scene is the Badger and DJ Qualls scene, also the "Combo" scene had me in the edge of my seat too.

cdirty 04-03-2010 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6649696)
Caught up on the entire series in like 5 days. PS my favorite scene is the Badger and DJ Qualls scene, also the "Combo" scene had me in the edge of my seat too.

thats how i did it too. never really watched it, then about a month ago couldnt sleep one night and they were replaying the second season at like 3am on AMC so i watched two episodes and got hooked. Downloaded them and spent a couple evenings/nights getting caught up. now it kinda sucks only watching one a week...with commercials.

notorious 04-03-2010 07:41 PM

Quote:

LOL at the atomic museum.

"Hey look, Fat Boy and Little Man."

"Kind of like you two"(As Badger motions to both Skinny and Combo).

Badger and Saul are probably my favorite side characters.

notorious 04-04-2010 09:06 PM

Average Episode with very predictable theme.

irishjayhawk 04-04-2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 6651927)

I'm going to have to watch again but I thought it was a solid episode stuck between what looks to be two blockbuster episodes.

Like I said on twitter, the conversation between Walt and Skyler with the hallway between them was brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

I also liked the very low key episode. Low key in that it played on performances rather than script.

And a beheading, more or less, on TV. Damn.

Reaper16 04-04-2010 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 6651927)

NO. Watch it again and try to not suck this time.

Reaper16 04-04-2010 09:28 PM

This episode was full of the psychological drama that the show does so well. There was so much tension and power plays for control in the spaces between words, in the glances and implied speech.

notorious 04-04-2010 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6651967)
This episode was full of the psychological drama that the show does so well. There was so much tension and power plays for control in the spaces between words, in the glances and implied speech.

The first 15 minutes were amazing, but the last 45 were average for BB.

They have set the bar high, so an average BB episode beats the **** out of anything else on TV.

KCwolf 04-04-2010 09:38 PM

Absolutely Fantastic Series. Once a week is killing me though - I'm way hooked. Think the sh*t is about to hit the fan for good Ol' Walt. And WTF was Hank thinkin?

irishjayhawk 04-04-2010 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6651967)

That's precisely why I need to watch a second time with full attention.

notorious 04-04-2010 09:43 PM

Hank sure did kick some ass. The guy is trying to find himself and get his cocky edge back, so what better way to do this but take on a couple of badasses?

Buck 04-04-2010 09:49 PM

I hate Skyler she is such a b....

She reminds me of Kavanaugh from "The Shield" where she is not in the wrong but the show portrays her to be.

Buck 04-04-2010 09:52 PM

Well you know other than smoking in the same room as the baby and ****ing her boss.

notorious 04-04-2010 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6652003)
Well you know other than smoking in the same room as the baby and ****ing her boss.

And cooking the books for said boss in which she is ****ing.

KCwolf 04-04-2010 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6651995)
I hate Skyler she is such a b....

She reminds me of Kavanaugh from "The Shield" where she is not in the wrong but the show portrays her to be.

You mean Skankler :shake:

Buck 04-04-2010 10:00 PM

Also Hank took down The Dean of Mean.

Buck 04-04-2010 10:04 PM

I'm fairly certain that if Child Custody come into play, Walt can use the cheating against Skyler, which might make her pull out the drug card.

notorious 04-04-2010 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6652028)
I'm fairly certain that if Child Custody come into play, Walt can use the cheating against Skyler, which might make her pull out the drug card.

Especially when the friend of Saul's is following her documenting everything.

notorious 04-04-2010 10:16 PM

Walt is going to try to nail the principal at his school........

Thig Lyfe 04-10-2010 02:08 AM

Quote:

Caught up on the entire series in like 5 days.

Me too. I could never just watch one episode. I had to watch three or four at a time because the end of each episode just blindsided me because I was so enthralled and invested. I don't know of any show that has the relentless forward momentum of Breaking Bad.

Now it's gonna be weird to have to wait a week for each new episode.

Buck 04-10-2010 08:17 AM

Yeah it sorta sucks, but I am unemployed right now and have been catching up on all my shows so I don't notice it as much, but BB is like the best show I'm currently watching.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buck 04-11-2010 07:02 PM

Only an hour away.

KCwolf 04-11-2010 09:13 PM

Probably not the best episode I've seen.....closer to the worst in season #3

But.....the line by Walt while nearly ready to throw a plant thru the window while Skankler asks " Walt, what are you Doing?"

And he calmly replies....I'm talking with Ted.

Nice

Reaper16 04-11-2010 11:11 PM

It was the weakest episode of the season thus far but it isn't anything close to being a weak episode. The biggest negative for me is the cashier lady; her scenes didn't seem to me to be in the usual tenor of the show.

On the plus side, this was the most broadly comedic episode that I can remember and they pulled it off.

Reaper16 04-11-2010 11:55 PM

BTW -- the mad parallels which are the hallmark of a great show were abound in this episode. The ATM has posed problems for Jesse in the past. Also, Hank going to the airport just to not get on the plane after all parallels when Walt pretended to fly out to his mother.

Thig Lyfe 04-12-2010 12:24 AM

Yeah, solid episode, but I really want it to get back to the taut, purposeful storytelling of the first two seasons. This was a way to transition Walt back into the game, and I think from here on out we'll see them pick up the pace.

Reaper16 04-12-2010 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SportsRacer (Post 6667713)
Yeah, solid episode, but I really want it to get back to the taut, purposeful storytelling of the first two seasons. This was a way to transition Walt back into the game, and I think from here on out we'll see them pick up the pace.

You're saying that season 3 hasn't been purposeful?

I can understand where someone would say that the season has lacked the propulsive forward momentum of the first two seasons, much of which was aided by the ticking-time-bomb aspect of Walt's cancer. The pace of season 3 has reflected Walt's headspace. The show is staying within itself. While not exactly taut, in no way is this season slack.

Buck 04-12-2010 01:08 AM

Generally season 3 of any show is the weakest, but I just think you may be expecting too much 4 episode in.

Thig Lyfe 04-12-2010 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6667731)
You're saying that season 3 hasn't been purposeful?

The pace of season 3 has reflected Walt's headspace.

Well, I guess this is sort of what I meant. Walt currently has no purpose -- he's gone pretty much bonkers, acting irrationally and wandering listlessly. And the pacing certainly reflects that. I'm not necessarily calling that a negative, and it's almost assuredly the right choice in the long run. But this show is much more compelling when Walt has a goal he is trying to achieve, and after the break-into-my-own-house-to-force-normalcy gambit failed, it became clear that all his efforts this season were for naught. The high stakes haven't been there.

The season has definitely been good so far, but I don't know if it has been entirely playing to its strengths.

Thig Lyfe 04-12-2010 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6667761)
Generally season 3 of any show is the weakest, but I just think you may be expecting too much 4 episode in.

Nah, I expected there to be a bit of a downshift as the aftermath of season 2 started to sort itself out. I'm fine with them taking their time. They can't revert to the status quo -- too many irrevocable things were done, too many things said that can't be unsaid. But I'm a tad anxious for them to find the new status quo. This state of flux the story is in is still interesting and very well-done, but I'm ready for the dust to settle and for the show to kick back into overdrive.

irishjayhawk 04-12-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6667589)
It was the weakest episode of the season thus far but it isn't anything close to being a weak episode. The biggest negative for me is the cashier lady; her scenes didn't seem to me to be in the usual tenor of the show.

On the plus side, this was the most broadly comedic episode that I can remember and they pulled it off.

That's precisely my take. There will always be episodes that only further the storyline rather than be explosive.

PunkinDrublic 04-12-2010 04:51 PM

Just finished watching the 2nd season this weekend and jumped in on Sundays episode. Boy am I lost. I'm waiting until April 24th when they replay all the episodes.
Posted via Mobile Device

irishjayhawk 04-17-2010 02:14 PM

Allegedly renewed for fourth season:

http://www.thewrap.com/ind-column/br...h-season-16408

irishjayhawk 04-18-2010 09:20 PM

Not quite sure how I felt about tonight's episode but next week's looks like the slow burn is over and the intense stretch is on.

notorious 04-19-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6685051)
Not quite sure how I felt about tonight's episode but next week's looks like the slow burn is over and the intense stretch is on.

This.

Walt has accepted his new life.

Jesse is pissed and will probably be busted for being reckless (how stupid can you be giving a stranger meth at a gas station?).

Skyler is going to become addicted to the money and want Walt back.

Hank has made a major breakthrough, but his life is falling apart.

jjjayb 04-23-2010 12:37 PM

This show continues to impress. I loved the scene where Gustavo is showing Walt the new lab.

"A man provides, and he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it. Because he's a man."

notorious 04-26-2010 08:43 AM

Now we're talking! This season is finally hitting it's stride.

Is Hank going to beat the piss out of Jesse?

How long will it take for Walt to realize he is training his replacement?

Reaper16 04-26-2010 10:46 AM

The points of light hitting Walk as the tape on the RV door was removed one-by-one was great, and possibly portentous.

notorious 04-26-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6715683)
The points of light hitting Walk as the tape on the RV door was removed one-by-one was great, and possibly portentous.

They did a very nice job on that scene.

I loved how they forced Jesse and Walt back together and put them into another crisis situation. That has always been my favorite part of the show.

I hope that Jesse and Walt are forced to help each other out when the shit hits the fan with Tuco's Cousins.

irishjayhawk 04-26-2010 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 6716145)
They did a very nice job on that scene.

I loved how they forced Jesse and Walt back together and put them into another crisis situation. That has always been my favorite part of the show.

I hope that Jesse and Walt are forced to help each other out when the shit hits the fan with Tuco's Cousins.

I don't know if it was intentional or not but I thought Walt and the new lab guy's scenes gave of the distinct impression that Walt might think something is up but more importantly, misses Jesse. For as much "fun" they had on equal intellectual grounds, I think Walt liked the other dynamic better.

Anyone else get that vibe?

CoMoChief 04-26-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6716347)
I don't know if it was intentional or not but I thought Walt and the new lab guy's scenes gave of the distinct impression that Walt might think something is up but more importantly, misses Jesse. For as much "fun" they had on equal intellectual grounds, I think Walt liked the other dynamic better.

Not after he had that cup of coffee.

irishjayhawk 04-26-2010 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 6716360)
Not after he had that cup of coffee.

I saw that at first as a bonding moment but as the scene went along I thought of it more as a red herring.

Reaper16 04-26-2010 02:32 PM

That makes sense, Irish. With Jesse, Walt has something of a father/son family dynamic. He's very fond of family. And we know from season 1 that he's had academic/intellectual partnerships before that he grew tired of and left behind.

Buck 04-27-2010 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6716347)

Yes you could tell Walt knew something was up when they were drinking the wine.

Best episode so far this season, but I'm afraid that the writer may not already know the end of this series which worries me.

irishjayhawk 04-27-2010 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6718001)
Yes you could tell Walt knew something was up when they were drinking the wine.

Best episode so far this season, but I'm afraid that the writer may not already know the end of this series which worries me.

It's been planned as a 4 season arc. Whether it gets dragged out is another question.

Either way, to know it's a 4 season show/arc, you have to know the ending.

jjjayb 04-27-2010 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6718259)
It's been planned as a 4 season arc. Whether it gets dragged out is another question.

This show is so good I hate to see it end.

Buck 04-27-2010 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6718259)

Ahh that's good.

I only said that because this whole season is based on the fact that Tuco died and originally he wasn't going to die, or at least so soon.

Reaper16 05-02-2010 09:02 PM

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

notorious 05-02-2010 09:04 PM

Best Episode from any series EVAH.

No ifs, and, or buts.

Yesssss!