ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games XBox 360 General Discussion thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150892)

Ultra Peanut 12-10-2006 12:04 PM

Quote:

And believe me there is alot more then 500 people that will buy the game.
Okay. Let's say... 20,000.

Still not going to concern EA.

I'd love a generic 2k football game, but it's not going to happen.

htismaqe 12-10-2006 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv
Have you played madden? its pretty damn horrible.

While 2k may not break sales records of Madden,i can pretty much gaurantee that the gameplay will be better, if it in fact does come out.

EA sports is sloppy at making games.

And believe me there is alot more then 500 people that will buy the game. EA is just lazy at making games. They have no reason to improve thier product. And i als wouldnt be shocked if the game is released at 30 bucks or so.

Personally, i dont care if i dont get the game everyone is playing. They can be sucker and pay 60 bucks for a horrible game. I will be playing a game that is fun. Well if its true, if not, then whats another year without a football game. its been 2 years already.

Seriously, you need to open your eyes.

1) An NFL game without today's NFL players isn't going to sell.

2) Let's be generous and assume it sells 500K copies. That's about 1/8th of what this year's Madden will end up at.

Be honest with yourself - Madden could play identical to 1986's Tecmo Bowl and people would wait in line 24 hours to buy it.

kcxiv 12-10-2006 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
Seriously, you need to open your eyes.

1) An NFL game without today's NFL players isn't going to sell.

2) Let's be generous and assume it sells 500K copies. That's about 1/8th of what this year's Madden will end up at.

Be honest with yourself - Madden could play identical to 1986's Tecmo Bowl and people would wait in line 24 hours to buy it.

It will sell, it just wont be mainstream. there is tons of faithful 2k players that will buy any football 2k puts out. it wont even come close to madden sales and they arent expecting it too. thats just fine with me though. I know alot of guys over on the 2k forums that will play and i will have fun competeting against them online. For me thats all i need.

Also, i could care less what madden puts out. They dissapoint me year and and year out. I wont buy it. So they can have all the people they want standing in line.

htismaqe 12-10-2006 05:15 PM

Quote:

It will sell, it just wont be mainstream. there is tons of faithful 2k players that will buy any football 2k puts out. it wont even come close to madden sales and they arent expecting it too. thats just fine with me though. I know alot of guys over on the 2k forums that will play and i will have fun competeting against them online. For me thats all i need.

Also, i could care less what madden puts out. They dissapoint me year and and year out. I wont buy it. So they can have all the people they want standing in line.

That's all well and good.

But it doesn't at all relate to the article you posted.

The article said that the new 2K offering is going to force EA to make improvements. Nothing could be further from the truth. This new 2K game won't even register on EA's radar, let alone move them to act.

kcxiv 12-10-2006 06:03 PM

Quote:

That's all well and good.

But it doesn't at all relate to the article you posted.

The article said that the new 2K offering is going to force EA to make improvements. Nothing could be further from the truth. This new 2K game won't even register on EA's radar, let alone move them to act.

all i care about is a better football game. I dont give a **** what EA does. I only posted the link, because i know there is others that wanna play a football game thats worth playing and is fun. Not wher eyou can run your quarterback for 10 min behind the LOS so a wide out can get open.

wutamess 12-10-2006 10:18 PM

Quote:

all i care about is a better football game. I dont give a **** what EA does. I only posted the link, because i know there is others that wanna play a football game thats worth playing and is fun. Not wher eyou can run your quarterback for 10 min behind the LOS so a wide out can get open.

I'd buy that for a dollar.

htismaqe 12-11-2006 11:17 AM

And like I said, we'll see what you're saying about it when you actually play it.

While great gameplay might be well and good, I'm not going out on a limb predicting that you'll lose interest quickly when you're forced to play with the Kansas City Indians with blue uniforms.

Redrum_69 12-11-2006 03:54 PM

Whats your favorite class/race combo in Oblivion?

kcxiv 12-12-2006 01:35 AM

Quote:

And like I said, we'll see what you're saying about it when you actually play it.

While great gameplay might be well and good, I'm not going out on a limb predicting that you'll lose interest quickly when you're forced to play with the Kansas City Indians with blue uniforms.

ITs better then no football like i am playing right now. So it cant be bad at all.

Mecca 12-12-2006 02:32 AM

2K kicks ass at basketball games......if anyone here other than me is playing their NBA and NCAA games they also know, those games are great.

QuikSsurfer 12-12-2006 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redrum_69
Whats your favorite class/race combo in Oblivion?

tough question.. i'd go with the Dark Elves though.. immune to fire

Redrum_69 12-12-2006 08:59 AM

I have an orc fighter/thief/mage

Hes not too bright for the mage class...

the other is a dark elf named Drizzt assassin....sneak+backstab is great fun

kcxiv 12-12-2006 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
2K kicks ass at basketball games......if anyone here other than me is playing their NBA and NCAA games they also know, those games are great.

I was thinking of trying the nba2k7 game fairly soon, just going to get done with fight night 3 to get my credits, then going to check out the nba game.

GO LAKERS

htismaqe 12-12-2006 03:39 PM

Quote:

I was thinking of trying the nba2k7 game fairly soon, just going to get done with fight night 3 to get my credits, then going to check out the nba game.

GO LAKERS

CH2K6 is in my top 10 games of ALL TIME.

Yes, it's that good.

Mecca 12-13-2006 01:46 AM

Quote:

CH2K6 is in my top 10 games of ALL TIME.

Yes, it's that good.

This years is alot like that.......it's a little easier to shoot FT's but the computer generally plays smarter. If you don't have good 3 point shooters you'll face 2-3 zone almost all game every game.

kcxiv 12-14-2006 01:52 AM

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1149208178194

need that controller just to have it.

listopencil 12-14-2006 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut
Okay. Let's say... 20,000.

Still not going to concern EA.

I'd love a generic 2k football game, but it's not going to happen.

Your XBOX 360 is really needy.

http://www.360voice.com/blog.asp?tag=Psitothecosis

htismaqe 12-14-2006 09:49 AM

Quote:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1149208178194

need that controller just to have it.

It would be neat to have.

It's AWFUL to use. The MadCatz controllers have a serious design flaw in the trigger buttons.

The original 360 controllers have a raised sheath that house the trigger buttons. The MadCatz controllers have no sheath, the trigger buttons are exposed kind of like a light switch. Why is this important?

Because you can't set the MadCatz controller down. Setting it on any surface accidentally engages the trigger buttons.

Archie Bunker 12-14-2006 10:23 AM

Quote:

It's AWFUL to use. The MadCatz controllers have a serious design flaw in the trigger buttons.

The original 360 controllers have a raised sheath that house the trigger buttons. The MadCatz controllers have no sheath, the trigger buttons are exposed kind of like a light switch. Why is this important?

Because you can't set the MadCatz controller down. Setting it on any surface accidentally engages the trigger buttons.

Thanks for the heads up. I was considering buying one.

Eleazar 12-14-2006 10:32 AM

Testing:

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/Mark66517.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">Put your gamertag here too.</iframe>

Eleazar 12-14-2006 10:32 AM

Ok, I dunno why that doesn't look like the others, but that's my tag.

Archie Bunker 12-14-2006 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
Ok, I dunno why that doesn't look like the others, but that's my tag.

How's NHL 07. Not much of a hockey fan but I used to enjoy playing hockey games back in the day.

Eleazar 12-14-2006 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker
How's NHL 07. Not much of a hockey fan but I used to enjoy playing hockey games back in the day.

I'm liking it. The commentary is pretty well done, and the gameplay seems good so far. The new controller functions regarding using the right thumbstick to move the puck around are a little hard for me to get used to, but pretty cool.

I have had much better luck scoring when I run the offense than just skating down as fast as possible, putting a deke on a defenseman and winding up the biggest slap shot possible, like used to be a winning strategy in the older hockey games, so the realism seems to be decent. A bit of realism is a nice surprise since it's EA.

I've not played a hockey game in several years now though, so people who are more versed in them may have different opinions than I.

kcxiv 12-14-2006 12:20 PM

Quote:

Damn that does suck :( need a special stand or someshit to put your controller on. I rather have a wireless, but i would even considering buy it, for my Chiefs collection. If it has a Chiefs on it, i will take it .

htismaqe 12-14-2006 12:23 PM

Quote:

Damn that does suck :( need a special stand or someshit to put your controller on. I rather have a wireless, but i would even considering buy it, for my Chiefs collection. If it has a Chiefs on it, i will take it .

Even the wireless MadCatz controllers have the issue. Pretty frustrating.

But like you said, just buy it and put it in your Chiefs shrine. It would be cool if we could get Chiefs faceplates for the 360.

Ultra Peanut 12-14-2006 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil

I got Football Manager 2007... :(

I'm going to walk into the room one day and the 360 and my computer are going to be fighting.

Archie Bunker 12-14-2006 06:12 PM

I've been thinking about buying a racing game for the 360 but cant decide which one to get.

Any suggestions?

Ultra Peanut 12-14-2006 08:06 PM

Quote:

I've been thinking about buying a racing game for the 360 but cant decide which one to get.

Any suggestions?

PGR 3 is $30 and very fun. Test Drive Unlimited is $40 and also very fun.

Do you like the concept of an open-ended environment in which you can drive around and select challenges as you like, or a somewhat more targeted approach with an arguably more polished driving model?

Actually, I think both have demos on the Marketplace. Though, as a warning, I thought the TDU demo sucked donkey balls and am glad I actually gave the full game a chance.

QuikSsurfer 12-14-2006 09:44 PM

Quote:

nhl 2k7 is light years ahead of 07

Archie Bunker 12-14-2006 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut
PGR 3 is $30 and very fun. Test Drive Unlimited is $40 and also very fun.

Do you like the concept of an open-ended environment in which you can drive around and select challenges as you like, or a somewhat more targeted approach with an arguably more polished driving model?

Actually, I think both have demos on the Marketplace. Though, as a warning, I thought the TDU demo sucked donkey balls and am glad I actually gave the full game a chance.

I usually like games that are more open-ended. Im going to try out the demos tonight.

Thanks

Jim Jones 12-17-2006 05:49 PM

Metal Gear Solid 4 coming to X-Box 360?

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/12448/...g-to-Xbox-360/

Just a rumor at this point.. doubt it will happen.. but honestly that was the only reason I was gonna buy a PS3, if this is true I'm just keepin my 360 and screw PS3.

KcMizzou 12-17-2006 05:56 PM

I just found out I'm getting Gears of War as a gift. I didnt know a lot about it, so I've been doing some reading.

Suddenly, I want it now...

CtrlAltDel 12-17-2006 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Jones
Metal Gear Solid 4 coming to X-Box 360?

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/12448/...g-to-Xbox-360/

Just a rumor at this point.. doubt it will happen.. but honestly that was the only reason I was gonna buy a PS3, if this is true I'm just keepin my 360 and screw PS3.

The last two MGS's have ended up on XBOX eventually have they not? It's not that farfetched.

kcxiv 12-19-2006 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou
I just found out I'm getting Gears of War as a gift. I didnt know a lot about it, so I've been doing some reading.

Suddenly, I want it now...

Your going to have a blast playing it. I play it against friends on live, its tons of fun.

SquirrellyBastard 12-21-2006 10:15 AM

Thought I'd post this to see if any of you have run into these problems with your 360. I've played mine tons and it's locked up once or twice, but that's it.

Not even sure if these sites are legit...

http://www.xbox360defective.com/

http://www.xbox360defective.com/xbox360factsheet.pdf

KcMizzou 12-21-2006 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SquirrellyBastard
Thought I'd post this to see if any of you have run into these problems with your 360. I've played mine tons and it's locked up once or twice, but that's it.

I've never had any issues with mine. (knock on wood)

Archie Bunker 12-21-2006 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SquirrellyBastard

I get the one red bar from time to time. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before it blows up.

htismaqe 12-22-2006 08:06 AM

I haven't had any issues with mine at all. I had it lockup once playing a Live Arcade game, and both CH2K6 and NCAA 2007 will lockup after a few games if I leave the disc in overnight.

I did get an extra cooling fan...

kcxiv 12-22-2006 01:03 PM

I been playing the living shit out of Gears of War, and my console hasnt locked up froze or anything so far *knock On wood* There is bound to be a few bad consoles though. Just like you buy a car sometimes ya may get one that has problems all the time.

Mecca 12-22-2006 04:50 PM

Some of those people don't tell you that they put it in an inclosed area with no ventilation.....then they wonder why it overheats.

Eleazar 12-22-2006 10:08 PM

I have a question, I posted it on other forums but all I get are fanboys saying "lol noob".

I bought the bundle with Need for Speed: Most wanted. But the game disk wasn't in the box. There was a loose instruction manual for the game, but that was it. Do I need to download it or something?

QuikSsurfer 12-22-2006 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
I have a question, I posted it on other forums but all I get are fanboys saying "lol noob".

I bought the bundle with Need for Speed: Most wanted. But the game disk wasn't in the box. There was a loose instruction manual for the game, but that was it. Do I need to download it or something?

no.. you won't download it. it should've come with it. take it back to the store that you got it, with the receipt. hopefully you haven't had it too long

kcxiv 12-23-2006 12:47 AM

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156093

Xbox 360 Warranty Extended to One Year
275 extra days of protection.
By Dan Dormer, 12/22/2006
Microsoft seems to be interested in spreading the holiday cheer this year, as they've announced today that they're doing away with their 90 day warranty in favor of providing a full year of protection for 360 owners. This is also retroactive, as those who have already paid for repairs out of warranty within a year of purchase should be getting a refund check in the mail within 10 weeks.

"Our number one priority for the Xbox 360 is customer satisfaction," said Jeff Bell, Corporate Vice President of Global Marketing for Microsoft's Interactive Entertainment Business. "Now, in addition to Xbox 360 offering features such as jaw-dropping high definition graphics, an amazing variety of more than 160 games, and social online and entertainment experiences found on Xbox Live(r), this warranty upgrade is an exclamation at the end of an already compelling home entertainment offering."

Perhaps the one year warranties offered with the Wii and PS3, along with defective launch units for the 360, spurred this change. Whatever actually changed Microsoft's tune, though, it's only good for the consumer.

Buck 12-23-2006 01:40 PM

Hey my name is on Xbox live is Mr Shrimp and I have it on the 360, I tried to make one of those gamertags and it didnt work.

QuikSsurfer 12-23-2006 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding
Hey my name is on Xbox live is Mr Shrimp and I have it on the 360, I tried to make one of those gamertags and it didnt work.

me talk pretty one day

Buck 12-23-2006 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer
me talk pretty one day

Excuse my noobness, but what the hell is that supposed to mean?

Mecca 12-23-2006 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding
Excuse my noobness, but what the hell is that supposed to mean?

It means he's high.

Buck 12-23-2006 02:29 PM

lucky him

JBucc 12-25-2006 10:16 AM

I finally got myself one of these for Christmas. Gears of War is on sale at Best Buy so I ordered it with a gift card I got. Right now though I don't have a game for it so it's just sitting there looking pretty.

Mecca 12-25-2006 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBucc
I finally got myself one of these for Christmas. Gears of War is on sale at Best Buy so I ordered it with a gift card I got. Right now though I don't have a game for it so it's just sitting there looking pretty.

That must suck.......the 2k basketball games are really good this year if you are looking for some sports games.

Bowser 12-25-2006 02:20 PM

I'm sure this is absolutely nothing new to the XBOX'er, but to casual observers, click the link and watch the trailers. You will want to go and get a 360 yesterday.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/h/halo3/

Bowser 12-25-2006 07:21 PM

Well, so far, the only game I have that is compatible with my spankin' new 360 is Halo 2. I'm kind of suprised Madden doesn't play on the 360.

I will be at Best Buy first thing in the morning. What are recomendations for THREE no-miss games to start with? I was thinking Gears of War, Dead Rising, and Quake 4. Suggestions?

Adept Havelock 12-25-2006 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser
I will be at Best Buy first thing in the morning. What are recomendations for THREE no-miss games to start with? I was thinking Gears of War, Dead Rising, and Quake 4. Suggestions?

Quake 4 has serious framerate issues. Not a good port at all, IMO.

I've been losing many hours to Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion. More addictive than psudeoephidrine. You have to buy Oblivion behind the counter now.

I also recently picked up Star Trek:Legacy. First couple of missions have been quite fun.

QuikSsurfer 12-25-2006 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adept Havelock
Quake 4 has serious framerate issues. Not a good port at all, IMO.

I've been losing many hours to Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion. More addictive than psudeoephidrine. You have to buy Oblivion behind the counter now.

I also recently picked up Star Trek:Legacy. First couple of missions have been quite fun.

i agree 100%
though i've yet to play ST legacy.
when i first bought my 360 (back in april).. i only had 1 game from that point til august.. i was obsessed with oblivion.. i'm still obsessed with it and the knights of the nine upgrade has re awoken my desires.. i think of this game while i'm at work :shake:

htismaqe 12-26-2006 04:23 PM

Quote:

Well, so far, the only game I have that is compatible with my spankin' new 360 is Halo 2. I'm kind of suprised Madden doesn't play on the 360.

No XBox game that has a 360 "version" will be playable via the emulator. If you want Madde, you have to buy Madden for the 360.

Eleazar 12-26-2006 04:39 PM

Quote:

Gears of War is pretty good, although it didn't take me long to finish the campaign. The versus stuff on Xbox live is fun.

I'm having fun with NHL 07 and Fight Night too.

I downloaded the demo for Dead Rising, which looked really cool, but I wasn't impressed. The controls were stiff and the gameplay even in the demo felt repetitive.

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion I got but I haven't played it much yet. So far it hasn't captured my attention like it has for others. Maybe I'm not into that type of game so much.

KcMizzou 12-26-2006 04:50 PM

Quote:

I got Gears of War for Christmas... loving it so far.

Fight Night Round 3. Great boxing game.

Another I'd suggest is Burnout: Revenge. It's been out for a long time, so you can probably get it cheap too. (20-30 bucks I think) Arcade style racer with lots of HUGE explosions and crazy crashes. I've probably logged more time on that game than any of my other 360 games.

KevB 12-26-2006 04:53 PM

I also got Gears of War, along with Call of Duty 3 and Madden '07. I've only had the 360 for a month, and had been playing G.R.A.W. I think I'll come back to that later, and GOW has certainly diverted my attention.

Sam Hall 12-26-2006 06:58 PM

I like Tiger Woods 2007 because it makes you earn skill. You can't just pick up the game and dominate. I'm not very good right now, but I'm getting better.

I played FNR 3 for the first time yesterday, and had some trouble with the punching system. I couldn't figure it out on a consistent basis. I couldn't land many power punches. The guy I was playing knocked me out in the first round a couple times. The game has sweet graphics.

If you listen to the dialogue in Gears of War, you can hear some good humor.

Archie Bunker 12-26-2006 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall
I like Tiger Woods 2007 because it makes you earn skill. You can't just pick up the game and dominate. I'm not very good right now, but I'm getting better.

I played FNR 3 for the first time yesterday, and had some trouble with the punching system. I couldn't figure it out on a consistent basis. I couldn't land many power punches. The guy I was playing knocked me out in the first round a couple times. The game has sweet graphics.

On FN3 I use controller config 3 because it allows you to throw punches by use the X,Y,B,A buttons. Makes it easier IMO.

KcMizzou 12-26-2006 09:42 PM

Quote:

On FN3 I use controller config 3 because it allows you to throw punches by use the X,Y,B,A buttons. Makes it easier IMO.

That's not a bad idea. The right analog stick can seem really clunky until you get used to it.

QuikSsurfer 12-26-2006 10:35 PM

just got Chromehounds off ebay for $18
anyone have this??

KevB 12-27-2006 10:36 AM

Played on XBOX Live last night for the first time. Me and a buddy played Gears of War....amazing how far we've come with technology. The fact that we can share a game while sitting in two different locations and talk to one another.....unreal.

Redrum_69 12-27-2006 10:41 AM

Guitar Hero is coming soon to the 360

I'm debating buying a ps2 and guitar hero 2....just because that game is so badass

and i'm not a fan of the ps2 or ps3...but i cant wait for a few months before Guitar Hero comes to the 360

KcMizzou 12-27-2006 11:19 AM

Quote:

I'm debating buying a ps2 and guitar hero 2....just because that game is so badass

and i'm not a fan of the ps2 or ps3...but i cant wait for a few months before Guitar Hero comes to the 360

I got that for my sons for Christmas. (PS2) That game's amazingly fun. I had never played it before.

Redrum_69 12-27-2006 11:46 AM

I beat it on easy...and when I went over to medium..which added the fourth blue button, I was having a blast.

I pulled off an encore in the first set I believe which brought up Spinal Tap....it was damn intense. The lights were off and here I was standing up in front of my big screen jamming out.

Since you can play two people at the same time in co-op or against each other...how freaking cool would it be to get a few gamer planeteers who do the "air guitar"...and I know there are those that do that out there...together for a guitar hero night

I'm dreading to see what hard and expert is...I hear the encore version of sweet child of mine...is rough

Bowser 12-27-2006 12:35 PM

Thanks to all for the input. Looks like Quake 4 is out, and F.E.A.R. is in.

Cochise - I have heard you have to give Dead Rising a chance. Extremely violent, funny, and gore filled. I'll let you know how it works out.

htis - Not suprised at all. Just figured since Madden was such a staple game for consoles, that they would be able to be played. Just another way for Overlord Gates to earn a few more bucks, I guess.

KC Mizzou - Burnout is a very addictive game! I went to Game Spot and picked up both Burnout 3 and Revenge for like 20 bucks. I haven't gotten into Revenge yet as I was trying to finish Burnout 3 first, but I might just have to give it a shot.

Adept - Thanks for the heads up on Quake 4. That's a bummer, too, as I was a big fan of the Quake series, and had been looking forward to trying the game out. And it's funny you mention the Star Trek game. I noticed that one and was giving it some thought if I wanted to drop the money on it.

Redrum - Your mom is a filthy whore that likes to play Van Halen's Eruption on your guitar from Guitar Hero while inserted into her cavernous vag.

Valiant 12-27-2006 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB
Played on XBOX Live last night for the first time. Me and a buddy played Gears of War....amazing how far we've come with technology. The fact that we can share a game while sitting in two different locations and talk to one another.....unreal.

We have been doing that since the late 90's, where you been? But the graphics do look sweeter though... :p

Redrum_69 12-27-2006 01:29 PM

Quote:

Redrum - Your mom is a filthy whore that likes to play Van Halen's Eruption on your guitar from Guitar Hero while inserted into her cavernous vag.

why the hate??

Swanman 12-27-2006 01:41 PM

Quote:

Cochise - I have heard you have to give Dead Rising a chance. Extremely violent, funny, and gore filled. I'll let you know how it works out.

Dead Rising rules. It's the only game I've played that I've wanted to play through multiple times. The first time through was a real struggle, but then you get to start the second playthrough using your level from when you completed the game, so the second time through I was a zombie killing machine. My next goal is to get the zombie genocider achievement by killing 53,000+ zombies in one playthrough.

KevB 12-27-2006 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant
We have been doing that since the late 90's, where you been? But the graphics do look sweeter though... :p

Working and having/raising three kids. :p

That being said, even though I knew it was available, you still don't quite internalize how cool it is until you experience it. I'm sure my comment took some of you back to a nostalgiac place.

Next, I'm thinking about trying this whole "cellular phone" thing....seems there's quite a bit of hype surrounding it. ;)

QuikSsurfer 12-27-2006 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant

oh i was there.. on the dreamcast - playing quake 3 and nfl2k1
good times

ChiefsFanatic 12-27-2006 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall

Baird is hilarious. I think GOW has some of the best voice acting of any game I have ever played. It is funny, real, and none of it sounds like the actors are embarrassed to be doing it.

I also liked how the credits showed the pictures and quotes from the team that designed the game.

kcxiv 12-27-2006 11:24 PM

Quote:

I actually played that game for the fight time lastnight my nephew got it for xmas, and brought it over, it was pretty damn fun.

Is it seriously comming out for the 360? if so, i'm in.

JBucc 12-28-2006 12:15 AM

So GoW is the best shooter evah. I want to play online but live is messed up right now it seems. I'm going to download the NCAA 07 demo tommorow. Hope it doesn't dissappoint. I have pretty high expectations for it.

Bowser 12-28-2006 12:37 AM

Quote:

why the hate??

Now see - it takes all the fun out of it when this is the response. Dammit Carl.

Mecca 12-28-2006 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBucc
So GoW is the best shooter evah. I want to play online but live is messed up right now it seems. I'm going to download the NCAA 07 demo tommorow. Hope it doesn't dissappoint. I have pretty high expectations for it.

As long as it's 2k and not EA....

htismaqe 12-28-2006 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
As long as it's 2k and not EA....

NCAA 2007 football by EA is a GREAT game. Blows the doors off of Madden...

Mecca 12-28-2006 01:49 PM

Quote:

NCAA 2007 football by EA is a GREAT game. Blows the doors off of Madden...

I have that game......I thought he was talking about basketball. I'm not an EA hater or anything just 2k makes better basketball games than EA does.

Ceej 12-28-2006 02:37 PM

tag - chyeah son

games - madden 07 and college hoops 2k7