ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Who's your favorite KC Superfan? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=126929)

go bo 10-20-2005 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
Clearly we're going to have to disagree, CMT. I'm not saying you're absolutely wrong, but you're misguided and ignorant. When you spend a weekend with these guys fundraising get back to me. Until then, you're judging the whole crew based upon some pre-conceived notion. You're mistaken. I wouldn't lead you astray. I promise. There's nothing in it for me.

oh bullshit!

you know damned well you get a percentage of the applause... :harumph: :harumph: :harumph:

Mr. Kotter 10-20-2005 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
.... I would bet about anything that when they meet people out of "costume" that they will mention "who they are" within minutes. So it is simply a case of them wanting to draw attention to themselves.....

This "Let your mouth write a check that your ass can't cash" disease is turnin' into an fuggin' epidemic around here. :shake:

If you had bet "anything" you'd have friggin' lost that bet. I've met them, and three of the four I've met both in and out of costume....and you are dead wrong. I understand some may wanna think this way, but it couldn't be further from the truth.

Bottom line is you are FOS; whether or not you know it. :rolleyes:

BigRedChief 10-20-2005 10:49 PM

Quote:

I spend literally hundreds of dollars a year buying tickets, new Chiefs gear and other items. Do I devote entire weekends to helping my community..... sure do, volunteer at my church all the time and coach USA wrestling in a volunteer capacity.

As far as them being "superfans" I have already stated my opinion on that. For me it is simply a way for these guys to gain some semblence of fame, I would bet about anything that when they meet people out of "costume" that they will mention "who they are" within minutes. So it is simply a case of them wanting to draw attention to themselves. And as far as their charity work goes...... great for them, really I admire anyone that does that. But if they REALLY wanted to help the Chiefs and be a "superfan" why don't they devote more time and energy to volunteering at some of the players charities instead of someday dreaming of having their own special little sign down on the field besides Wil Shields "Wil to Succeed" charity banner. Personally I am irritated by people that are constantly "needing" the attention they are seeking. I have often heard the better person you are the less you have to talk about it for people to realize it. I think it is pretty similar for fans as well.

You are wrong. Period.

Darkwolfe 10-20-2005 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully
LOL...
One thing I KNOW I'm too new to know is who is free game to talk sh*t on around here.

Ya, don't talk down on people unless you know them. FDE would read your crap here (and probably has already) and still lend a helping hand if you needed it.

Don't make enemies out of potential friends.

Darkwolfe 10-20-2005 10:51 PM

Quote:

I spend literally hundreds of dollars a year buying tickets, new Chiefs gear and other items. Do I devote entire weekends to helping my community..... sure do, volunteer at my church all the time and coach USA wrestling in a volunteer capacity.

As far as them being "superfans" I have already stated my opinion on that. For me it is simply a way for these guys to gain some semblence of fame, I would bet about anything that when they meet people out of "costume" that they will mention "who they are" within minutes. So it is simply a case of them wanting to draw attention to themselves. And as far as their charity work goes...... great for them, really I admire anyone that does that. But if they REALLY wanted to help the Chiefs and be a "superfan" why don't they devote more time and energy to volunteering at some of the players charities instead of someday dreaming of having their own special little sign down on the field besides Wil Shields "Wil to Succeed" charity banner. Personally I am irritated by people that are constantly "needing" the attention they are seeking. I have often heard the better person you are the less you have to talk about it for people to realize it. I think it is pretty similar for fans as well.

:BS: :loser:

They already do that sort of thing. Before you judge, learn the truth.

greg63 10-20-2005 10:57 PM

I think everyone will agree that all are entitled to their opinion. Having said thus, I really did not mean to open this huge can of worms. I just thought it would be a fun topic/poll. It was late, I was board - maybe this was a bad idea.

JazzzLovr 10-20-2005 11:01 PM

Quote:

Some of them may think that they're leading the crowd in cheers and we couldn't figure out the appropriate time to get loud without their expertise...

ArrowheadLouder is one of the Superfans? I didn't know that...

:evil:

tk13 10-20-2005 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg63
I think everyone will agree that all are entitled to their opinion. Having said thus, I really did not mean to open this huge can of worms. I just thought it would be a fun topic/poll. It was late, I was board - maybe this was a bad idea.

Great job Greg, you've ruined the entire board! ROFL

tk13 10-20-2005 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazzzLovr
ArrowheadLouder is one of the Superfans? I didn't know that...

:evil:

Coming from the woman who should be known as "ArrowheadSilent"....

Darkwolfe 10-20-2005 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13
Coming from the woman who should be known as "ArrowheadSilent"....

You've never sat next to Jazzzlovr at a game have you?

My ears are still ringing from last Sunday!

JazzzLovr 10-20-2005 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkwolfe
My ears are still ringing from last Sunday!

But enough about what we did AFTER the game... :redface:

:fire:

AZChief 10-20-2005 11:28 PM

me.

tk13 10-20-2005 11:28 PM

Really though, charity is not a competition here guys. I don't see any reason to be upset as the "Superfans", the more recognized they are the more they can help their charity endevours. I don't see what's so bad about that. I don't know if it's jealously but there's obviously a level of resentment there. And also just for instance, imagine you're a 10 year old kid, who are you gonna remember more, the fact that you talked to some guy named Bob or Mike or whatever, or the fact you got your picture taken with freaking First Down Elvis! Come on now, this isn't a competition, these guys all serve a purpose and do their job quite effectively, they should be proud of what they do.

tk13 10-20-2005 11:29 PM

Quote:

Great. Get this thread moved to the Romper Room. Good job.

Darkwolfe 10-20-2005 11:34 PM

Quote:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/ima.../whistling.gif

greg63 10-20-2005 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13
Great job Greg, you've ruined the entire board! ROFL

Dang it! I'm always doing that. ROFL

greg63 10-21-2005 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
I think they traded in some guns on "Trade your handgun for a Randy Moss and the Raiderz ticket" day.

ROFLROFL ...Just doing their part.ROFLROFL

WilliamTheIrish 10-21-2005 01:10 AM

Never heard of 'em....

greg63 10-21-2005 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish
Never heard of 'em....

Check out their web site.

http://www.kcsuperfans.com/

Mr. Kotter 10-21-2005 07:25 AM

Quote:

So THAT'S what she saves "loud" for.... :hmmm:

:p

xfactor 10-21-2005 08:11 AM

The whole reason I started dressing up was because the first game I went to 12 years ago as a season ticket holder, was the first game I had ever watched a game without my dad, who was 6 hours away. I started dressing to try to get on TV,yes I admit,but the whole reason was that my dad could see me and we could have that connection even though we were so far apart.

Quote:

I guess I'm wrong. I didn't see it on your bios on the web page that when you started dressing up, you did it simply to start a charity, and then when that costume didn't work, you dressed in another one for charity.
Listen, i think the charity angle is great. Really. I applaud you for that. But let's not act like you dressed up solely for that reason, it just simply brought the opportunity because of the dress-up, not the other way around.

xfactor 10-21-2005 08:38 AM

We do help Chiefs charities,I helped Will To Succeed last year, I was very involved with TeamPriest for a year,our calender is going to help Ronald McDonald (Trent's charity) and Eddie Kennison's Quick Start. We have helped Casey's First Down For Downs Syndrome, JA's Diabetes Walk. We helped out Hicks For Hearts this Tuesday. We are in constant talk with the players on helping out their events and taking helping them to the next level. We help charities that aren't tied to the Chiefs,to get players out to their events to help raise money, challenging players to do more in the community. That isn't the main mission of this organization though, it is to reach as many children as we can, to teach them how to be a great Chiefs fan and more importantly how to give back to the community in a totally positive way. Here is a link so you can see how we are trying to accomplish these goals-http://kcsuperfans.com/site_pages.cfm?pageID=963
We are literally killing ourselves to help out the communities throughout the Chiefs Nation and I challenge every fan to get involved to do the same,even if it just one little thing you do. Together as the greatest fans in the world, we can truely build mountains in our communities!!!

Quote:

BigRedChief 10-21-2005 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xfactor
We do help Chiefs charities,I helped Will To Succeed last year, I was very involved with TeamPriest for a year,our calender is going to help Ronald McDonald (Trent's charity) and Eddie Kennison's Quick Start. We have helped Casey's First Down For Downs Syndrome, JA's Diabetes Walk. We helped out Hicks For Hearts this Tuesday. We are in constant talk with the players on helping out their events and taking helping them to the next level. We help charities that aren't tied to the Chiefs,to get players out to their events to help raise money, challenging players to do more in the community. That isn't the main mission of this organization though, it is to reach as many children as we can, to teach them how to be a great Chiefs fan and more importantly how to give back to the community in a totally positive way. Here is a link so you can see how we are trying to accomplish these goals-http://kcsuperfans.com/site_pages.cfm?pageID=963
We are literally killing ourselves to help out the communities throughout the Chiefs Nation and I challenge every fan to get involved to do the same,even if it just one little thing you do. Together as the greatest fans in the world, we can truely build mountains in our communities!!!

Fixed your link:
http://kcsuperfans.com/site_pages.cfm?pageID=963

xfactor 10-21-2005 08:53 AM

Thanks BRC-
Always clearing a path for the Superfans to gain yardage in the community!!1

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief

htismaqe 10-21-2005 09:20 AM

XFactor is queer! :p

Seriously, I like Weirdwolf, but having met Stevie I had to vote for FDE.

BigRedChief 10-21-2005 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xfactor
Thanks BRC-
Always clearing a path for the Superfans to gain yardage in the community!!1

Most people contribute their time or money to charity because it makes them feel good about theirself. Not an unreasonable motive.

There is no way these guys do their charity work just for publicity.

I'll always have the SuperFans back. :harumph:

WilliamTheIrish 10-21-2005 10:17 AM

Quote:

Check out their web site.

It was a joke.. One more time..

Who?

Nevah heard of 'em.....

WEIRDWOLF 10-21-2005 12:21 PM

Dang, I wish I would of seen this from the beginning. Now its almost old news but I'll pipe in any way.

I for one am in this for only ME. I could care less if the Chiefs win or if a kid learns how to read or swim or learns to tie his shoes. If I don't get face time I cry like Dick Vermeil who I don't like either. Heres how I spell team I-I-I-I. This was a great thread and finally brings the truth to light. It produced over 100 hits to our website which is how I found out it was here in the first place which means 100 of you got to see ME ME ME... Gosh I'm pretty. I'm going to go back to our site just so I can see me some more. By the way, the other guys in the group don't know it but I am secretly planning on replacing all of them with clones of myself. Weirdwolf's everywhere!!!! In fact, I think we should rename the team after ME. The Kansas City WEIRDWOLVES. Phobia, stop defending us you weiney!! (gratuitous Phobia slam on every Weirdwolf post) Ha ha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.................

um....

Now where is my day glo yellow paint.....this red just doesn't attract the cameras the way it used too......oh if it were only me in the stadium it would all be perfect.

sigh

BigRedChief 10-21-2005 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WEIRDWOLF
Dang, I wish I would of seen this from the beginning. Now its almost old news but I'll pipe in any way.

I for one am in this for only ME. I could care less if the Chiefs win or if a kid learns how to read or swim or learns to tie his shoes. If I don't get face time I cry like Dick Vermeil who I don't like either. Heres how I spell team I-I-I-I. This was a great thread and finally brings the truth to light. It produced over 100 hits to our website which is how I found out it was here in the first place which means 100 of you got to see ME ME ME... Gosh I'm pretty. I'm going to go back to our site just so I can see me some more. By the way, the other guys in the group don't know it but I am secretly planning on replacing all of them with clones of myself. Weirdwolf's everywhere!!!! In fact, I think we should rename the team after ME. The Kansas City WEIRDWOLVES. Phobia, stop defending us you weiney!! (gratuitous Phobia slam on every Weirdwolf post) Ha ha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.................

um....

Now where is my day glo yellow paint.....this red just doesn't attract the cameras the way it used too......oh if it were only me in the stadium it would all be perfect.

sigh

http://www.forumspile.com/Attention-Whore_Beach.jpg

RedXtreme 10-21-2005 01:27 PM

I for one was driving 3 hrs each way to help events here in KC .I am sorry some of you feel like you do... But we are all Superfans of the Chiefs. We in no way want to take away from you ..So I will get of this thread and let you Glott for more time yourself Sorry to take from youre time that you so much want from the other board members.To the ones that know us and help us . Thank You all. I hope to work with all of YOU sometime.

Rausch 10-21-2005 01:46 PM

Some of you people need a fiber pill and a 10W30 enema.

Do people dress up at games to get attention?

HELL YEAH! They're fans who try and be in-the-seats cheerleaders that help pump up the crowd.

IT'S FUN.

Now, go back to buying your kids some Halloween costumes.

If the lil' bastards were worth a damn they'd be helping grandma' do the laundry instead of begging for candy. Attention whores...

BigRedChief 10-21-2005 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedXtreme
I for one was driving 3 hrs each way to help events here in KC .I am sorry some of you feel like you do... But we are all Superfans of the Chiefs. We in no way want to take away from you ..So I will get of this thread and let you Glott for more time yourself Sorry to take from youre time that you so much want from the other board members.To the ones that know us and help us . Thank You all. I hope to work with all of YOU sometime.

Hey Red don't sweat it. It's just a small minority. you can't please everyone.

Iowanian 10-21-2005 02:13 PM

I think someone needs a blowjob they're not paying for.....

I've "met" weirdwolf a few times, and seen him with kids, and grant the requests of OTHER FANS who want thier pic taken..never seen him approach them. He's never been anything but friendly. He wouldn't know me on the street, but he's been the "same guy" the several times I've met him.

I've met 2 of the others once or twice at tailgates...and though "I" wouldn't wear tights,they seemed sincere.

I DID know FDE before "FDE" was "born". He was as nice a guy as I've met,(then), and cheered like a wildman, and took a L as hard as any fan.

Anyone who has met, or knows steve and questions his motives has a serious case of Penis envy and can suk Iowanian's baows.

RedXtreme 10-21-2005 03:39 PM

BRC I wil not let it bother me I am big enough to know the ones that want others to notice them in a different way. They need to understand that when players come to us out of costum and ask for us to help them We are NOT the wrong ones in thes pic.

Rain Man 10-21-2005 03:48 PM

I'm a superfan, but since I watch the game at home I'm not really well-known. Well, that and my wife got mad about the red paint on the couch so I can't dress up any more.

greg63 10-22-2005 12:31 AM

Mods please kill this thread.

To all the Superfans, please accept my sincere apologies for starting this thread. It was not in any way meant to become something that would question your character. As I stated in a previous post I simply thought it would be fun, and maybe a way to direct traffic to your web site. I am asking the mods to kill the thread so it doesn’t continue to morph into a Superfan debate.

Phobia 10-22-2005 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedXtreme
BRC I wil not let it bother me I am big enough to know the ones that want others to notice them in a different way. They need to understand that when players come to us out of costum and ask for us to help them We are NOT the wrong ones in thes pic.

Bah - you're just mad because you only fetched 1 vote on this thread. You need to do something really over the top to gain some popularity. I recommend turning your entire face into an Arrowhead tattoo complete with plastic surgery and sharpening each tooth into a tiny Arrowhead.

Yeah.

Phobia 10-22-2005 06:07 AM

Quote:

I am asking the mods to kill the thread so it doesn’t
continue to morph into a Superfan debate.

We simply don't delete active threads on ChiefsPlanet. It's something the community decided against years ago.

Phobia 10-22-2005 06:14 AM

Quote:

Phobia, stop defending us you weiney!! (gratuitous Phobia slam on every Weirdwolf post) Ha ha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.................

I'm sure you don't remember, but I met you at a game when you had first started dressing up 7-8 years ago. I snagged you after the game to flip you some shit (as I am prone to do) because I thought your costume was goofy. During the 2 minutes we spoke I changed my mind because you had a great sense of humor about it and were legitimately cool. I think you guys do a helluva lot of good work in the community. As you know, that's just fine with me.

I also know that a lot of fans have changed their attitudes toward you guys over the years. I think that's pretty cool. Remind me to tell you a story sometime.

Rausch 10-22-2005 06:15 AM

Quote:

Bah - you're just mad because you only fetched 1 vote on this thread. You need to do something really over the top to gain some popularity. I recommend turning your entire face into an Arrowhead tattoo complete with plastic surgery and sharpening each tooth into a tiny Arrowhead.

Yeah.

I voted for 1st D Elvis, but I kinda had to.

He's married to a horribly ugly woman with no kids and no real talent to speak of.

Poor b@st-tward...

OTOH I can see RedXtreme reminding me how much of a puzzy I am for not putting down my 78th beer by sunday.

And then there's Xfactor, who makes me think Red Rausch (with red n yeller' lederhosen) might not be that off of center after all...

:)

OldTownChief 10-22-2005 06:54 AM

I think these guys are GREAT. Who gives a flyin rats ass what their motivies were in the beginning. There is nothing on this earth more satisfying to the soul than helping childen out. Being responsible for bringing smiles to kids faces and making their day would be an awsome feeling. I'll never forget the game last Christmas when me and my 11 yr old daughter broke down in the Grandview triangle on the way up from Augusta. We made it to the game OK but Laryssa was a little nervous and scared over the whole ordeal. While looking around B5 for CP members Xtreme came out of nowhere and jumped in front of Laryssa to say hi and shake her hand, gave me goose bumps to see how happy she was at that time. I introduced myself to FDE, he shook my hand and went immeadiatly to Laryssa making her feel like she was his best friend. We got a shot of her and FDE at the skins game and it's the only picture hanging on her bedroom wall. These guys are part of the whole Arrowhead experiance and it wouldnt be the same without them. Keep up the good work fellas. You all rock.

tomahawk kid 10-22-2005 07:22 AM

It's a toss up b/t FDE and WeirdWolf.

WEIRDWOLF 10-22-2005 08:55 AM

Quote:

To all the Superfans, please accept my sincere apologies for starting this thread. It was not in any way meant to become something that would question your character. As I stated in a previous post I simply thought it would be fun, and maybe a way to direct traffic to your web site. I am asking the mods to kill the thread so it doesn’t continue to morph into a Superfan debate.

As they say, any publicity is good publicity. We love this thread!! It produced 150 hits to our site so if you liked us you might have found more about us and if you hate us, well, maybe you will understand a little more about what we are truly about. So keep it going. Heck if we can't take a little tiny abuse like this, how are we going to handle those arrogant Donco fans and those dorky Faider fans.

stevieray 10-22-2005 09:05 AM

Quote:

As they say, any publicity is good publicity. We love this thread!! It produced 150 hits to our site so if you liked us you might have found more about us and if you hate us, well, maybe you will understand a little more about what we are truly about. So keep it going. Heck if we can't take a little tiny abuse like this, how are we going to handle those arrogant Donco fans and those dorky Faider fans.

No kidding. We give each other more abuse than anything posted here.

chiefsfaninNC 10-22-2005 09:39 AM

Slag02 now has my vote!

BigRedChief 10-22-2005 10:14 AM

Quote:

As they say, any publicity is good publicity. We love this thread!! It produced 150 hits to our site so if you liked us you might have found more about us and if you hate us, well, maybe you will understand a little more about what we are truly about.

Speaking of publicity. Todays KC Star.

Superfans unite to aid charities

STEVE PENN

In the comic books, Superman, Aquaman and Batman hook up and work together.
That’s sort of the concept behind KC Superfans.
You’ve seen them at Arrowhead. You’ve seen them on TV. I’m talking about those guys who like to dress up at Arrowhead in those wild costumes.
Lately they’ve been showing up at local charities.
In other words, they joined forces. KC Superfans are five working-class guys who dress up in elaborate costumes for each home game.
After running into one another so much, they decided to work together this year and start their own outfit — KC Superfans. Recently I spoke to Lynn Schmidt, also known as Weird Wolf.
“I’m the spirit of the Wolf Pack brought back to life at Arrowhead,” he said.
Ty Rowton is X-Factor, Monte Short is Arrowman. First Down Elvis is Steve Bohall, and Tim Oerman is Red Xtreme.
“We support charities that already exist,” Schmidt said. “We attend their functions and help them to reach their goals. We dedicate a lot of our time.”
And makeup, too.
By the way, KC Superfans specialize in extreme fan makeovers for charitable events. To find out more, call them at (816) 891-0802 or through their Web site at kcsuperfans.com.

onescrewleftuntwisted 10-22-2005 10:51 AM

all they need now is an arch rival

donkafinaskinner boltfaider

greg63 10-22-2005 12:19 PM

Quote:

…Good Point. I’ve since learned from Phob that they don't delete active threads. Besides, this is my very first 100+ post thread - a bit of a mile stone in my relatively uneventful life. :D

onescrewleftuntwisted 10-22-2005 12:57 PM

Quote:

…Good Point. I’ve since learned from Phob that they don't delete active threads. Besides, this is my very first 100+ post thread - a bit of a mile stone in my relatively uneventful life. :D

congrats :clap:

i would like to get one that goes over 50

Sully 10-22-2005 12:59 PM

Quote:

There's no way I don't get an assist with that one, eh?
GIVE ME ATTENTION!!!

greg63 10-22-2005 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onescrewleftuntwisted
congrats :clap:

i would like to get one that goes over 50

Thanks bud, hang in there your time will come "grasshopper" :D :thumb:

Calcountry 10-22-2005 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadmonkey
This kinda reminds me of this guy that sits near me at the Patriots games. He is known as Pittsburgh, and routes against the Pats every single game. He has had season tickets for close to 35 years. He wears an old school yellow Pittsburgh Pirates batting helmet, and is now close to 60 years old.

We have a theory that he must have lost A LOT of money (like his house, wife and kids) at one time and hated them ever since. People used to get pissed off when he would cheer for the other team but now its just part our section.

Dude, why the fug don't you just go up and ask him.

Repeat what you posted here, except for your "theory", and ask the dude.

Then please come back here and post the response, I love to find out what motivates sick fuggers like that.

greg63 10-22-2005 01:06 PM

Quote:

GIVE ME ATTENTION!!!

Oh, by all means let us all pay homage to the n00b! :p

stevieray 10-22-2005 01:07 PM

Quote:

GIVE ME ATTENTION!!!

admit you were wrong

Sully 10-22-2005 01:09 PM

Wrong about my opinion? No. I'm still annoyed by the whole thing. I will admit I was wrong in bitching about it here, since I was pretty much the only one with that opinion, and there was nothing to be gained by making the point that I was.

stevieray 10-22-2005 01:13 PM

Quote:

Wrong about my opinion? No. I'm still annoyed by the whole thing. I will admit I was wrong in bitching about it here, since I was pretty much the only one with that opinion, and there was nothing to be gained by making the point that I was.

By all means , stay annoyed!

Just admit you were wrong about the reason is because of Faider Fans. Most the group has YEARS of going to games in costume. The faider fans didn't inspire anyone.

Sully 10-22-2005 01:17 PM

We can argue all day about what the actual motivation is, but there's no real point to it. I've been going to the games long enough, however, to know that most of the guys in costume haven't been there for as long as you infer.
Seriously, though. I dropped it, I apologize for hurting your feelings. Good job with the charity.

Coach 10-22-2005 01:19 PM

I don't know X-Factor, or Wierdwolf personally. I have talked to FDE at 37forever at Nzoner's place, and FDE is a great guy, along with his wife, who is a wonderful woman. I had fun talking to FDE when we were throwing the ball around, along with talking to him and his wife about my brother's game, and several other topics. Oh yeah, and FDE, my brother said that you're funny as hell.

I have talked to X-Factor and WEIRDWOLF twice I believe, but like I said, I don't know either one that well, But I hope that sometime in the future that will change. But those 3 get my respect for being involved, either that is with the Chiefs organization, or for the community of Kansas City.

You guys rock.

onescrewleftuntwisted 10-22-2005 01:20 PM

i always wear a lone ranger mask when i go to games, or out in public.

it seals my identy and that way i will always be safe

Phobia 10-22-2005 01:21 PM

Quote:

We can argue all day about what the actual motivation is, but there's no real point to it.

That's true. There is no point because they know what their motivation is and you.... do not. At least you "get" that.

Monte, Ty, and Lynn have been doing the costume thing for a long time. Steve and Tim are relative newcomers.

Phobia 10-22-2005 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onescrewleftuntwisted
i always wear a lone ranger mask when i go to games, or out in public.

it seals my identy and that way i will always be safe

Most of the time you're reeruned, but that is a quality post. I chuckled.

Sully 10-22-2005 01:23 PM

I definitely "get" that (though i don't "get" why we are using "quotes" with "get") :p
I really didn't post back on this thread to start up more arguments, and I'm sorry it happened, I was just trying to poke a little fun at myself and get a laugh.

stevieray 10-22-2005 01:25 PM

Quote:

We can argue all day about what the actual motivation is, but there's no real point to it. I've been going to the games long enough, however, to know that most of the guys in costume haven't been there for as long as you infer.
Seriously, though. I dropped it, I apologize for hurting your feelings. Good job with the charity.

Nobody is arguing, you're deflecting.

YOU stated that the Faider fans getting attention was the REASON why.

You even went as far to say we ripped them off.

Again you are wrong. Three of five members have been going for at least five years.

Hurt feelings? I don't think so.

IMO, your motives in this thread are self serving.

|Zach| 10-22-2005 01:29 PM

This thread is still going on?

Sully 10-22-2005 01:30 PM

I know Arrowman has been there for a lot longer than 5 years. The rest, 5-years sounds about right (I'd have guessed 7-8 actually)
Of course, that doesn't disprove my point, it actually helps it. However, We aren't going to go anywhere with this. I'm not going to say uncle, and you aren't going to agree with me, so what's the point?
We can just agree to disagree, or to make it better for you, we can agree that I refuse to see your point. That help?

Phobia 10-22-2005 01:32 PM

Quote:

(though i don't "get" why we are using "quotes" with "get") :p

I'm using quotes in peculiar "places" because I've been reading some reerun over at finheaven and I kinda "like" the way he talks. Mmmmmmmmmhhm.

Sully 10-22-2005 01:32 PM

"When" in Rome!!

Phobia 10-22-2005 01:33 PM

Quote:

We can just agree to disagree, or to make it better for you, we can agree that I refuse to see your point. That help?

How about we agree you buy beer next time? That would help.

Coach 10-22-2005 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZachKC
This thread is still going on?

It's still rolling.

|Zach| 10-22-2005 01:34 PM

Quote:

http://www.nubo.ru/coaster/inter/irish/murphys.jpg

onescrewleftuntwisted 10-22-2005 01:34 PM

Quote:

Most of the time you're reeruned, but that is a quality post. I chuckled.

you think that was funny, you should see me with my mask on

stevieray 10-22-2005 01:34 PM

Quote:

I know Arrowman has been there for a lot longer than 5 years. The rest, 5-years sounds about right (I'd have guessed 7-8 actually)
Of course, that doesn't disprove my point, it actually helps it. However, We aren't going to go anywhere with this. I'm not going to say uncle, and you aren't going to agree with me, so what's the point?

you just said that they haven't been going as long as I inferred, now you say they've been going longer?

You are right, this isn't going anywhere, especially when you make false claims that aren't true..

Phobia 10-22-2005 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray
You are right, this isn't going anywhere, especially when you make false claims that aren't true..

I agree and I think you're right.

Chiefs Pantalones 10-22-2005 01:38 PM

Quote:

You see them on TV, in person and cheering the loudest, not to mention their charity involvement. Now here's your chance to vote for your favorite "Superfan"

Super fans freak me out.

Sully 10-22-2005 01:38 PM

Quote:

I could buy you a beer. Too poor to extend myself any further.

Sully 10-22-2005 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder
Super fans freak me out.

THEY DO CHARITY!!!!!!!!!

-see, I got your backs now kids.

Buster's Dad 10-22-2005 01:41 PM

Ty (x-factor) is from my home town,I have known him and his folks for ages. and a attention getter he isn't, his Mother and Dad have told me of the countless hrs he has put in on chairity work, and usually it's a thank you is his pay.
Sully, it sounds like your ''diaper'' is all wadded up, do like dicke v says and shed that'' diaper'' and be a man. :harumph: :mad: :harumph:

Phobia 10-22-2005 01:41 PM

Quote:

THEY DO CHARITY!!!!!!!!!

-see, I got your backs now kids.

I think Sully is a big enough smartass to stay. You're a keeper dude and "not" just because you're buying me beer. That's only most of it.

Sully 10-22-2005 01:44 PM

Thanks for that. The funny thing is, as much as I've made a point about disliking face painting in this thread, every day, before I log onto Chiefs Planet, I paint my entire body to look like the website logo.

RedXtreme 10-22-2005 01:45 PM

Sully I have had a red head for @ 8 yrs . I use to sit in the upper level @ 4 years ago I got lower level seats. I think you have a right to speak youre mind. When I first saw myself with paint I didnt like what I saw either so I had to do some changing. I hope athers can make the same kind of changes in there life.