ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Netflix: Jessica Jones (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294500)

listopencil 11-25-2015 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11903707)
I actually got the same feeling, listo.

Is it the same actress?

I had to go look up the actresses in IMBD to make sure, that's how much it was messing with me while I watched.

Rausch 11-25-2015 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 11905417)
Spoiler!

Out the window.

Also I've had it pointed out to me that there are no less than two times each ep that Jones has proven she has more power than she's willing to use.

One of my biggest gripes was how they "lessened" both Cage and JJ for the series to help keep it grounded.

Hell, Cage even traded blows with the Hulk and was able to stay conscious and pretty much call him a big green uncle tom while doing it.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...8088d961aa.jpg

My biggest beef is
Spoiler!

unlurking 11-25-2015 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 11905578)
I had to go look up the actresses in IMBD to make sure, that's how much it was messing with me while I watched.

You seriously couldn't recognize Trinity?! Wow. Trinity was a short haired, tough as nails, hard ass a decade before Robin Wright's character on House of Cards.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/...ity-matrix.jpg

unlurking 11-25-2015 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11905594)
Out the window.

Also I've had it pointed out to me that there are no less than two times each ep that Jones has proven she has more power than she's willing to use.

One of my biggest gripes was how they "lessened" both Cage and JJ for the series to help keep it grounded.

Hell, Cage even traded blows with the Hulk and was able to stay conscious and pretty much call him a big green uncle tom while doing it.

My biggest beef is
Spoiler!

That's what I thought, cool.

I definitely agree that both Cage and Jones seemed to be holding back throughout the season. I also got the impression they wanted to keep it vague as to who was the strongest.

It felt to me that JJ was just emotionally invested in leaving her old life as a hero behind and not wanting to rely on her powers. When she did, it was when she was helping others or because she was annoyed/frustrated/angry and lost control. I felt that perfectly fit with her character.

For Cage, I kind of got the feeling that he was trying to keep a low profile. Don't remember what gave me that impression, but I almost felt like he was hiding. Also, this was JJ's show. Wouldn't expect full Power Man until he gets his own show! :)

Agree with the beef. Felt awkward. I understand they needed something there to control the scene, but wish they could have come up with something different.

listopencil 11-25-2015 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 11905896)
You seriously couldn't recognize Trinity?! Wow. Trinity was a short haired, tough as nails, hard ass a decade before Robin Wright's character on House of Cards.

I was incredibly disappointed in the Matrix series as it went on. I didn't even bother watching the third one for several years. My memories of the actress come from the first movie, and I found her to be uninteresting.

Buehler445 11-25-2015 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 11905417)
Spoiler!

Quote:

Out the window.

My biggest beef is
Spoiler!

They did indeed go out. That's why he said he wouldn't need the blue for 10 hours.

They can't have him be hulk. That just wouldn't fit the series. He'd have to have the attention of the avengers ala Veronica. Since I only consume the MCU I don't care. It was a good watch.

GloucesterChief 11-25-2015 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11906580)
They did indeed go out. That's why he said he wouldn't need the blue for 10 hours.

They can't have him be hulk. That just wouldn't fit the series. He'd have to have the attention of the avengers ala Veronica. Since I only consume the MCU I don't care. It was a good watch.

I wonder who they are gonna use as the villain for Luke Cage's series. Best guess would be Tombstone, Chemistro, or Deadly Nightshade. Maybe Mr. Fear if they decide to not use him for Daredevil.

Aries Walker 11-26-2015 11:25 AM

Mr. Fear work so well against the Man Without Fear, so I expect they'll use him for Daredevil if they use him at all.

The main villain has to be someone Mob-oriented; Tombstone would work. Chemistro seems a little too goofball early-70s, and there's no way they're going to have the final fight be him beating up on a tiny woman (again), so Deadly Nightshade is out. My guess is it would be another heavyweight product of the experiments, like Erik Josten, the "other" Power Man.

Personally, I'd like to see Bushmaster, but I don't see that happening for several reasons.

Rausch 11-27-2015 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 11905896)

Actually I was thinking of her character in MOMENTO...

DaveNull 11-28-2015 08:58 AM

Quote:

I didn't see it like that. Looks like they're both trying to lay low and not make a huge deal about their powers. Going all hulk smash would draw unwanted attention.

Plus, bigger displays of power require more expensive CG which would either expose a small budget (looking at you, Supergirl) and would detract from the fantastic story telling that was going on.

GloucesterChief 11-28-2015 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 11907343)
Mr. Fear work so well against the Man Without Fear, so I expect they'll use him for Daredevil if they use him at all.

The main villain has to be someone Mob-oriented; Tombstone would work. Chemistro seems a little too goofball early-70s, and there's no way they're going to have the final fight be him beating up on a tiny woman (again), so Deadly Nightshade is out. My guess is it would be another heavyweight product of the experiments, like Erik Josten, the "other" Power Man.

Personally, I'd like to see Bushmaster, but I don't see that happening for several reasons.

The only problem with Tombstone is the rights might lay with Sony. Power Man/Atlas I could see as a henchman for the real mastermind.

It is pretty easy to explain away the nickname too. I don't think they would need to do the albinism. Just say his nickname is Tombstone because he is a stone cold killer.

DaveNull 11-28-2015 12:05 PM

You all know that Punisher is in the next season of Daredevil, right?

Rausch 12-01-2015 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 11909801)
The only problem with Tombstone is the rights might lay with Sony. Power Man/Atlas I could see as a henchman for the real mastermind.

It is pretty easy to explain away the nickname too. I don't think they would need to do the albinism. Just say his nickname is Tombstone because he is a stone cold killer.

Being an albino isn't hard to believe. Whitening someone's skin isn't hard to do or unrealistic.

Having a guy with purple skin would have been completely different. It's not like purple skin exists naturally in humans...

Rausch 12-01-2015 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNull (Post 11910003)
You all know that Punisher is in the next season of Daredevil, right?

Yes, and likely more.

If the fans demand more Punisher Marvel would love it. It can be done with a small budget and you don't worry about blowing up buildings with aliens or someone flying around the town.

I'd love a small action flick. Perhaps something similar to the drew Dredd where you have some flashbacks but the whole story takes place in one building he's storming to take out a big crime lord/bad guy...

NewChief 12-01-2015 12:26 PM

I'm about halfway through first season. This show is really enjoyable. Kilgrave/Purple Man is a great villain.

I just finished the episode where he buys her childhood home.

I really like how they show that he's actually trying to do things involving her without using his powers. He's still absolutely sociopathic, but you can also tell that it bothers him that he can't get things WITHOUT it... so he's trying to bend Jessica to his will without the use of his power (making her send daily selfies). Just really interesting, sick psychology going on with him.

I also like how they keep teasing her "jumping/flying/controlled falling" ability. I'm assuming we're going to get a big reveal of it at some point in the season. They keep talking about it, but we've yet to see her actually do it.

Halfcan 12-01-2015 02:10 PM

I just finished the season. I liked Kilgrave more than Jones. She was not a likable character and most of her plans were nonsensical.

The series as a whole was pretty boring with just enough action and cliffhangers to keep you til the end. They should have picked a different actress for Jones. I would give it 2 out of 5 stars. A time killer-nothing more.

dlphg9 12-01-2015 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 11919903)
I just finished the season. I liked Kilgrave more than Jones. She was not a likable character and most of her plans were nonsensical.

The series as a whole was pretty boring with just enough action and cliffhangers to keep you til the end. They should have picked a different actress for Jones. I would give it 2 out of 5 stars. A time killer-nothing more.

You are probably the first person I have seen that didn't like it.

NewChief 12-01-2015 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 11919935)
You are probably the first person I have seen that didn't like it.

Agreed.

While I haven't watched the whole season, I think the show is really good. I probably like it more than Daredevil, which I really liked. I like the smartass, troubled protagonist, personally.

BigBeauford 12-01-2015 04:13 PM

I think if this didn't have the Marvel/Superhero angle attached, not sure if it would be worth a shit. I am a few episodes in, and the detective/noir aspect is really poor, and most of the supporting characters suck.

Javabean 12-01-2015 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11919654)
Yes, and likely more.

If the fans demand more Punisher Marvel would love it. It can be done with a small budget and you don't worry about blowing up buildings with aliens or someone flying around the town.

I'd love a small action flick. Perhaps something similar to the drew Dredd where you have some flashbacks but the whole story takes place in one building he's storming to take out a big crime lord/bad guy...

The rumor is that Marvel is having trouble putting together a good, believable Iron Fist series and they're really liking the Punisher's portrayal on season 2 of Daredevil, so they're considering replacing Iron Fist with the Punisher for the fourth Netflix series.

Silock 12-01-2015 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 11920187)
I think if this didn't have the Marvel/Superhero angle attached, not sure if it would be worth a shit. I am a few episodes in, and the detective/noir aspect is really poor, and most of the supporting characters suck.

The second half is much better than the first, but I don't think the second half would have been as impactful without the first.

GloucesterChief 12-01-2015 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javabean (Post 11920194)
The rumor is that Marvel is having trouble putting together a good, believable Iron Fist series and they're really liking the Punisher's portrayal on season 2 of Daredevil, so they're considering replacing Iron Fist with the Punisher for the fourth Netflix series.

More like budget. Origin and 7 cities of heaven are great arcs to do TV but the budget would blow Daredevil and Jessica Jones combined away.

keg in kc 12-02-2015 02:07 PM

There's also a rumor that we'll be seeing both Punisher and Iron First series. Who knows.

jonzie04 12-02-2015 07:00 PM

This show is great. That chick Krysten ritter is a great actress. Freaking hott too.

Valiant 12-04-2015 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11921975)
There's also a rumor that we'll be seeing both Punisher and Iron First series. Who knows.

Iron Fist and Cage were already a thing, they were confirmed with the first 5 movies.

Daredevil + JJ + Luke Cage + Iron Fist = Defenders

Wondering who the Defenders will fight now.

GloucesterChief 12-04-2015 10:15 PM

Should be getting Misty Knight and Colleen Wing in Iron Fist and probably Cage.

Rausch 12-05-2015 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 11927645)
Iron Fist and Cage were already a thing, they were confirmed with the first 5 movies.

Would love it to be it be a Dr. Strange (original Defender) villain. Perhaps a rebounded Kingpin.

Perhaps the Maggia (mob syndicate tied to the underworld/daemons.)

GloucesterChief 12-05-2015 07:14 PM

It is too bad we will never see this:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Gd8NBIma-z...mPurpleMan.jpg

Anyway. Nuke means that Born Again is sure to happen.

Rausch 12-06-2015 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 11927645)

THis would be too simple but imagine Killgrave working with the Kingpin.

Possible they could introduce The Hood?...

GloucesterChief 12-06-2015 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11930066)
THis would be too simple but imagine Killgrave working with the Kingpin.

Possible they could introduce The Hood?...

Hmm. You know, I could see them sort of adopting Born Again for Defenders with Cage, JJ, and IF replacing Cap, Thor, and Iron Man. Though it would be very DD centric.

Maggia works well with Silvermane, Hammerhead, and the Enforcers. Serpent Society would also work pretty well since they aren't going to use them for Cap.

keg in kc 12-07-2015 03:49 PM

So much for Iron Fist not happening: http://comicbook.com/2015/12/02/marv...as-showrunner/

Swanman 12-09-2015 12:44 PM

Quote:

My biggest beef is
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

WhawhaWhat 12-09-2015 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 11941039)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

frankotank 12-16-2015 06:49 PM

just finished up season 1.
not bad. looking forward to season 2. anyone know when that will happen?

EDIT - well shit
http://screenrant.com/jessica-jones-season-2/

GloucesterChief 12-16-2015 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 11958583)
just finished up season 1.
not bad. looking forward to season 2. anyone know when that will happen?

EDIT - well shit
http://screenrant.com/jessica-jones-season-2/

I think they already have DD season 2 in the can. They are filming Cage right now and will probably start Iron Fist in the summer for the fall.

unlurking 12-16-2015 08:17 PM

And rumors that they are considering a solo Punisher and have Defenders coming up. I'm guessing we'll get a season 2, but they've just got so many properties going on right now. It's absolutely amazing to me how large the MCU is right now.

Sure-Oz 01-22-2016 11:45 PM

Finished this up... Really enjoyed it. Looking forward to season 2 but Kilgrave was a hell of a baddy. Nice ending

Mr. Plow 04-20-2016 07:14 PM

Just got around to watching this. Really enjoyed the season. Looking forward to season 2.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch 04-21-2016 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 11941039)
Spoiler!

Keep in mind that Cage (in the comix) has been able to take a punch from the Hulk (which is far more damaging than a bullet.)

The Defenders series of shows seems to be much more down to earth, and I get that, but Cage was always more of an interesting character to me than the Panther and he's getting the "Royal" treatment...

Swanman 04-22-2016 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12189733)
Keep in mind that Cage (in the comix) has been able to take a punch from the Hulk (which is far more damaging than a bullet.)

The Defenders series of shows seems to be much more down to earth, and I get that, but Cage was always more of an interesting character to me than the Panther and he's getting the "Royal" treatment...

Luke is about sick of having to buy new clothes. This one looks fun.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/R_cufeg2SFs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jonzie04 04-27-2016 10:31 PM

Cant wait till season 2. Krysten Ritter.
Image: Not Safe for Work
NSFW Image

GloucesterChief 02-09-2018 11:38 PM

Season 2 trailer dropped:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hSvnepZS26s" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Notice the purple hue at the end.

listopencil 02-09-2018 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 13410930)

Notice the purple hue at the end.

This looks like more of an origin story. There should be some purple cameos going on because he is integral to her character.

Buehler445 02-10-2018 07:14 AM

I’m down. I really like JJ. I expected to hate it. Hard.

This gets watched.

BigRedChief 02-10-2018 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13411031)
I’m down. I really like JJ. I expected to hate it. Hard.

This gets watched.

Same here. Talked into watching one episode by the wife, by the end, loved it.

lawrenceRaider 02-12-2018 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 13410942)
This looks like more of an origin story. There should be some purple cameos going on because he is integral to her character.

Kind of an origin story, but more of an investigation of where she came from and how it all happened.

CoMoChief 02-12-2018 10:52 PM

I want to **** her ass so incredibly hard.

dlphg9 02-13-2018 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 13413631)
Kind of an origin story, but more of an investigation of where she came from and how it all happened.

So an origin story

listopencil 02-13-2018 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 13414827)
So an origin story

I think the origin story part of it will be told in flashbacks.

listopencil 02-13-2018 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 13414749)
I want to **** her ass so incredibly hard.

No shit. Something about her, I find her to be smoking hot.

keg in kc 02-26-2018 06:31 PM

Rewatching s1 and I don't remember it being as good as it seems to current day me. Maybe it was. Either way, quality show.

Pitt Gorilla 02-26-2018 10:56 PM

Looks awesome.

Valiant 02-27-2018 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11919646)
Being an albino isn't hard to believe. Whitening someone's skin isn't hard to do or unrealistic.

Having a guy with purple skin would have been completely different. It's not like purple skin exists naturally in humans...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argyria

I only know this from a documentary on the blue skin family from Kentucky.

Ragged Robin 03-01-2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 13414857)
No shit. Something about her, I find her to be smoking hot.

she looks like Michael Jackson these days :hmmm:

DaneMcCloud 03-01-2018 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 13445831)
she looks like Michael Jackson these days :hmmm:

I don't know what you're smokin'

http://cdn2-www.craveonline.com/asse...tenritter1.jpg

https://galoremag.com/wp-content/upl...galore_mag.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/30/b5/2c/3...ini-icloud.jpg

listopencil 03-02-2018 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13445957)
I don't know what you're smokin'.

Pole, obviously.

Buehler445 03-02-2018 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 13446377)
Pole, obviously.

ROFL

Obviously.

Bowser 03-03-2018 12:35 PM

Yeah. Krysten Ritter is a smokeshow. I'm going to go ahead and assume RR meant to post that somewhere else.

007 03-03-2018 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13448102)
Yeah. Krysten Ritter is a smokeshow. I'm going to go ahead and assume RR meant to post that somewhere else.

Face isn't great but the rest of her is.

Ragged Robin 03-04-2018 10:06 AM

idk looks like she got a nose job recently

Raiderhater 03-08-2018 03:22 PM

Season 2 just dropped and I've got episode 1 running.

Turned out to be a good day to not have to work.

ThaVirus 03-08-2018 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 13446377)
Pole, obviously.

LMAO Excellent.

BigRedChief 03-08-2018 08:02 PM

obligatory Chiefs Planet answer...... I’ve had better girlfriends.ROFL

Raiderhater 03-08-2018 08:37 PM

Four episodes in and I’m enjoying it nearly as much as the first season.

keg in kc 03-09-2018 03:11 PM

Ditto. Although I fast-forwarded through some Hogarth.

Zero connection to the Defenders so far. Her comments about no second season for that seem legit.

BigRedChief 03-09-2018 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 13458509)

Zero connection to the Defenders so far. Her comments about no second season for that seem legit.

nor should there be. It wasn’t that good. Came off as a cheap knock off of the Avengers or Justice leAgue. I liked Daredevil and Jessica Jones but the Defenders? :shake:

Maybe if they get rid of the iron fist or at least change actors.

listopencil 03-10-2018 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 13458509)

I really didn't care for her 'living it up because something bad is coming' scenes with that group of women. Without spoiling anything, it just didn't suit her character and it wasn't something I wanted to see her do.

keg in kc 03-10-2018 10:34 AM

Yeah, that was one of the scenes I skipped. I'm up to episode 6 now and her stuff seems to be getting better.

As far as Defenders goes, I watched it again last week, but this time skipping virtually every scene with Sigourney Weaver, and found that I enjoyed it much, much more than upon initial viewing. I really liked it on the 're-watch.

listopencil 03-10-2018 11:17 PM

Is it wrong that I really like...

Spoiler!

BigRedChief 03-11-2018 12:23 AM

I find Jessica’s friend to be a tedious boor who adds nothing to the story so far(4 episodes in). If she is so famous, how can she walk around without a disguise and no one recognizes her? Another drug addict story line? Geeezzz can we have one show without a drug addict?

listopencil 03-11-2018 01:04 AM

I find Trish/Patsy to be annoying as hell but I think she's going to go through a dramatic change by the end of the season.

Rausch 03-11-2018 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 13457365)
Four episodes in and I’m enjoying it nearly as much as the first season.

Odd.

I really loved season 1 but 4 eps in season two and the writing just seemed half assed to me. Predictable dialogue, predictable actions/reactions, etc.

The first two eps were really bad but 3 and 4 got better. Perhaps it just had two blah eps...

BigRedChief 03-11-2018 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13460709)
Odd.

I really loved season 1 but 4 eps in season two and the writing just seemed half assed to me. Predictable dialogue, predictable actions/reactions, etc.

The first two eps were really bad but 3 and 4 got better. Perhaps it just had two blah eps...

I'm 4 episodes in and I like the start of season 2 better. I thought season 1 started slow.

keg in kc 03-11-2018 01:17 PM

Finished it yesterday. It's better ep 6 thru 12. I didn't like most of the finale, though, or where it left everyone at the end. And the whole season could be renamed 'just call Luke for help, idjit'...

listopencil 03-11-2018 04:08 PM

It wasn't as tight as the first season and the acting/writing wasn't as good. I think they relied on secondary and tertiary characters more in this season.

Raiderhater 03-11-2018 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13460709)
Odd.

It was a little slow but I thought the same about the first season. Though I ended up souring on this season as it went on. The "twist" such a Hollywood move. Although maybe it follows the comics, I don't know. If so then I'll forgive it. Otherwise, meh.

And like others I didn't care for Hogarth's arc. I'm all for the development of secondary charachters but the avenue they chose made no sense. It did not actually develop the character any more, nor did it help advance the main plot.

007 03-13-2018 12:33 AM

Season 1 was much better than season 2.

Mr. Plow 03-13-2018 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 13464775)
Season 1 was much better than season 2.

Season 1 was good. Season 2 is good thus far (up through episode 7).

Rausch 03-13-2018 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 13461212)
Finished it yesterday. It's better ep 6 thru 12. I didn't like most of the finale, though, or where it left everyone at the end. And the whole season could be renamed 'just call Luke for help, idjit'...

I really liked the Jones/Cage 'ship in the comix. From what I'm hearing is the plan is to do a Heroes for Hire combo with Cage/Iron Fist.

Color me meh.

I'd prefer to just scrap that and have Cage/Jessica Jones pair up and move on after this...

listopencil 03-13-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13465793)
I really liked the Jones/Cage 'ship in the comix. From what I'm hearing is the plan is to do a Heroes for Hire combo with Cage/Iron Fist.

Color me meh.

I'd prefer to just scrap that and have Cage/Jessica Jones pair up and move on after this...

I could see them morphing a Heroes for Hire plotline into her and her annoying friend instead.