ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games DayZ (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270257)

Buck 01-13-2014 08:13 PM

Found a Mosin in the hospital in Elektro...realizing I don't know how to look through a scope.

hometeam 01-13-2014 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10367988)
Found a Mosin in the hospital in Elektro...realizing I don't know how to look through a scope.

When your weapon is shouldered, right click.

hometeam 01-13-2014 09:32 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gL4dVbpnBpU?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7LAtPng9GP4?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buck 01-13-2014 11:11 PM

Thanks for helping us out hometeam. Sucks our server was empty. When I joined it originally it had 8 people in it...at least until you pointed out it was empty, I was filled with suspense the entire time.

Buck 01-13-2014 11:11 PM

This is the video I showed my friend to get him to immediately buy the game.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tdCU1jhL9fw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ceej 01-14-2014 08:26 AM

This game makes me wish I had a PC.

hometeam 01-14-2014 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10369207)

Come child. Let me introduce you to our temple, and you too, can be part of the master race.

Buck 01-14-2014 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10369207)

It's worth building a PC just for this game.

NewChief 01-14-2014 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10368954)
This is the video I showed my friend to get him to immediately buy the game.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tdCU1jhL9fw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's awesome. So the three cultists were all PCs (vs. NPCs?). Do people do a lot of roleplaying like that in the game? I love that kind of weirdness.

Ceej 01-14-2014 10:48 AM

I'm content just watching Frankie on YouTube.

His shit is great.

Buck 01-14-2014 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10369389)
That's awesome. So the three cultists were all PCs (vs. NPCs?). Do people do a lot of roleplaying like that in the game? I love that kind of weirdness.

There aren't any NPCs in the game. It's an open world sandbox survival FPS/3PS with an element of RPG mixed in. It's awesome.

hometeam 01-14-2014 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10369389)

those where just 3 weird ass guys doing weird things.

As I have said before DayZ is shenanigan central, crazy shit is happening constantly.

hometeam 01-14-2014 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10369508)
There aren't any NPCs in the game. It's an open world sandbox survival FPS/3PS with an element of RPG mixed in. It's awesome.

correct, the only NPCs are zombies as of now. Later I think they plan to add in more stuff like 'survivor camps' but not hing is set in stone

Buck 01-14-2014 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10369611)
correct, the only NPCs are zombies as of now. Later I think they plan to add in more stuff like 'survivor camps' but not hing is set in stone

Oh yeah forgot about Zombies they are an afterthought lol.

Stanley Nickels 01-15-2014 11:44 AM

Might not make it on tonight.. Work is hellacious right now. Will let you know if I can

allen_kcCard 01-15-2014 11:57 AM

What do you guys do when you are playing? From what I've seen, it looks like you run around gearing up if you have died, and then you deal with other players that will likely try to kill you. But after that...since you can't really change the environment, or do anything like training to make yourself stronger, or get levels and such....what do you do? Other than gearing and PVP, is it just exploration?

hometeam 01-15-2014 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 10371372)
What do you guys do when you are playing? From what I've seen, it looks like you run around gearing up if you have died, and then you deal with other players that will likely try to kill you. But after that...since you can't really change the environment, or do anything like training to make yourself stronger, or get levels and such....what do you do? Other than gearing and PVP, is it just exploration?

Well right now the standalone game is in alpha. 95% of the content is not in the game. Eventually part of gearing up will be repairing and equipping a vehicle, (which takes about 10x as long as gearing yourself) and then base building etc.

Besides PVP, what is any FPS/3PS for?

TBH, DayZ is not an MMO. Its not meant to be, its meant to be a saved progression 3ps with hardcore game mode (aka when you die your dead)

The gameplay in DayZ is based around human morality, not levels.

Buck 01-15-2014 12:36 PM

The most fun thing is to get in a group, gear up, and then go hold people up, I think.

Buck 01-15-2014 12:36 PM

Also I'm really bummed about not being able to look down the sights. I think I'm gonna have to die before I can.

hometeam 01-15-2014 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10371484)
Also I'm really bummed about not being able to look down the sights. I think I'm gonna have to die before I can.

yep bug, I tried googling it and found some guys that had the problem in the mod where dying cured it, or they just had to make sure the gun was shouldered etc. You know you only have to TAP the right mouse button to look right? Holding it will still zoom in.

btw,

http://i.imgur.com/vqhokvC.png

allen_kcCard 01-15-2014 01:15 PM

I think it sounds fun as hell as it is, was just curious what all of you do.

Buck 01-15-2014 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10371495)
yep bug, I tried googling it and found some guys that had the problem in the mod where dying cured it, or they just had to make sure the gun was shouldered etc. You know you only have to TAP the right mouse button to look right? Holding it will still zoom in.

btw,

http://i.imgur.com/vqhokvC.png

I did not know that. I'm a n00b.

Buck 01-15-2014 05:59 PM

Me and my buddy are on my teamspeak if you wanna hop in.

hometeam 01-15-2014 06:16 PM

I work till 8pm on wed :P will hit you up on steam later.

Buck 01-15-2014 08:04 PM

I just got off, I lost my character from last night. When I logged into a new server today it said "Please Wait" and wouldn't let me play. I exited and re-entered and I had a fresh spawn. Sucks, but that's what this game is about right now. That was followed by my friend consistently getting killed by zombies so I finally just quit, but if you wanna play in a bit, I'll hop back on.

Gonzo 01-15-2014 09:46 PM

I've checked out a shit ton of vids on the net and online reviews, etc. I have no interest in this game, whatsoever.
It looks quite boring and if I couldn't get pussy on a regular basis, I might be interested.

jd1020 01-15-2014 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10372362)
I've checked out a shit ton of vids on the net and online reviews, etc. I have no interest in this game, whatsoever.
It looks quite boring and if I couldn't get pussy on a regular basis, I might be interested.

You don't like running simulators?

hometeam 01-15-2014 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10372362)

DayZ isnt for everyone for sure.

If you get frustrated easily, or have to have instant action, its likely not for you.

Gonzo 01-15-2014 10:56 PM

Well, I guess it's just kinda... I dunno, dull?
I mean, it just seems like prick after prick killing you after you bust your ass finding shit and protecting your own ass from an occasional zombie. Just doesn't interest me I guess.

bowener 01-16-2014 01:12 AM

This would make DayZ head and shoulders above any game out there currently and for the foreseeable future. It would be amazing.

Reddit Context
The topic is how to give life value in the game.

Quote:

It needs to be done through character progression.
Tougher immune system, beards, scars, becoming more fit if we keep ourselves healthy.
However, people are looking at this the wrong way. No matter how valuable a life becomes, how much more it'll be worth to leave someone alive than gun them down, KOS will never be a thing of the past.
You might be asking "Why?" Because it's a virtual space, with no repercussion to taking a life. You won't have nightmares, you won't throw up, you won't shake, it won't weigh on your mind to the point where you'll most likely commit suicide.
At the end of the day, DayZ is a video game, not as arcade-y as most, but it's a video game. No matter what end game, mechanic, etc is put in place, people will murder because "Hey, it's a vijeo gem end ve ken lol".
So, with that introduction out of the way;
Mental Health.
Our actions, our comfort level, the food we eat, player interactions all need to have an effect on our characters' mind.
BUT CYBORGMOUS3, DAT JAST FURCZ KERBER ETTUD
No. It's another, authentic representation of the human struggle. Get shot? Remove bullet, patch up wound.
Become depressed? Take pills, run around a sunny field, pick flowers.
Taking a life is hard. No matter what kind of trained, rugged soldier you are, it weighs on you. Soldiers have regular therapy to deal with the effects of murder.
Overtime, as a KOS'er guns down fresh spawns and vets alike, their mind will crack. First subtly.
Slumped posture, where the back is bent forward, head held low. Subconsciously indicating the character's mental health is degrading.
Then, as the bloodlust takes over and dozens more end at the player's hands, the mental degradation becomes more obvious.
Twitching head, indicated by a constantly bobbing camera, random sound effects only said player can hear. Foot steps, whispers, bangs. In short, insanity.
Naturally, the effects could be countered up to a certain level. Wear warm, comfortable clothes, eat cooked food, spend a few hours laying in the sun, getting comfy. So on.
But after months of butchering, the process would become irreversible. The character would be doomed to total insanity.
On the flip side of the coin, we'd have people working together because of this system. Healing wounded / sick players would improve their mental status. Eventually, fixing the broken items of other players. Weapons, clothes, vehicles. Being constructive.
Trying to rekindle civilization in this bleak world would help these survivors stay sane, even when occasionally, they'd have to defend themselves by taking a life.
Staying sane would have no effect on game play. Simply, we'd remain human. We'd hold onto our morals as everything else degrades around us. The reward would be that, against all odds, we didn't compromise.
TL;DR:
Constant massacre and butchery needs to have a game changing, negative effect on players, so that being helpful can be a reward in its own right.
People won't work together, ever, because it's a video game. No matter how much you want to imply they should. A line needs to be drawn and the developers needs to take a stand on either side of it.
Phenomenal answer.

BigBeauford 01-16-2014 09:38 AM

They could make a real time morality indicator. I.e good players have a green hue to them, griefers and KOSers have a red hue. If you are green, killing red won't bring your morality down. Maybe make a yellow hue for somewhere I between.

Buck 01-16-2014 10:08 AM

If they made the Zombies so difficult that Lone Rangering was near impossible, I bet there would be considerably less KOS.

jd1020 01-16-2014 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 10372963)
They could make a real time morality indicator. I.e good players have a green hue to them, griefers and KOSers have a red hue. If you are green, killing red won't bring your morality down. Maybe make a yellow hue for somewhere I between.

There goes the reality to the game.

Pretty sure when the mod first came out bandits had different clothing models.

BigBeauford 01-16-2014 11:05 AM

In real life, they would begin to get a reputation, bounties would be put up in the local communities as would warnings.

jd1020 01-16-2014 11:21 AM

Ummmm, there aren't "local communities" in DayZ.

hometeam 01-16-2014 05:11 PM

Quote:

Yesterday, around 8:30 central, my friend and I were looting the northeastern corner of the map. It was a low population server- around 4-5 people- but we had been on for a couple hours and seen the playercount trickle off. With that in mind, we made a run of NEAF. We weren't expecting to see anyone, and I was terrified when you ran around the hangar corner.

There were two of you. I assume your gamma wasn't up, as one of you was carrying some sort of flashlight, and you didn't notice us in the dark back corners. You began to loot, and I saw one of you had an M4. You looked decently kitted out, with ballistic gear and camo clothing, complemented by hunting backpacks, but something about you didn't seem like you were bandits.

My friend had not noticed you. After being shot at quite a few times looting this in the last couple days, I wasn't relishing player interaction. A thought of yelling out to you two briefly crossed my mind, but I dismissed it with the rationalization that most everybody here was a bandit.

I didn't take time to aim carefully, but instead went straight for your chests. I believe it was twenty bullets that went through the barrel of my carbine in the ensuing slaughter. My buddy turned around and fired as well after hearing the shots, although I don't think he hit either of you with his FNX.

One of you keeled over, dead, your M4 clattering to the ground. I found out later from the ruined state of my ballistic vest that you managed to get one or two lucky shots off at me- a good feat of marksmanship, to be sure. But that did not matter, for I was alive, and you were not. Your buddy was bleeding rather badly, with multiple wounds all around his body and ran he around the side. It was here the first feelings of guilt took over.

Strangely, your friend with the axe came back around the hangar, with flashlight still in hand. Trying to salvage my humanity, I yelled at you to drop your weapon, which you explained was just a flashlight, not the business end of an M4 with rail-mounted illumination. My heart thumping in my chest, I advanced toward you. I yelled that you still had an axe, and you responded with some sort of incredulity, or maybe a call of "friendly!"- you were too far away to hear clearly.

I hadn't yet come to terms with the fact I had just shot you. I was rattled, my sense of calm ruined from this midnight firefight. I think you had your hands up now, it's still rather hazy.

I readied my weapon, aimed, and my twenty-first bullet thundered out the barrel. I am not sure now why I fired that fatal round, I only know that it hit you square in the face and you hit the floor, blood still pouring out of your perforated extremities.

I stopped for a moment, and let the seriousness of my actions sink in. I had just killed two people, two people that could be survivors just like us. They might have been off to their first run of the NEAF, that came to a violent, bloody end in a matter of seconds.

We looted your bodies. I replaced my ruined ballistic vest, and possibly took your TTsKo jacket. We used some of your protector cases, took your saline, ate some of your food. I scavenged your coupled sixty-rounds, and my friend opened your ammo box and found a few 7.62x54r shots for his 91/30.

We left the hangar, your bodies still crumpled on the concrete. We didn't even give you a burial. Perhaps the crows had a good meal that night.

I can only hope the meat was not as battered as my conscience.
deep~

hometeam 01-16-2014 05:19 PM

LOL - This is the mod, which is why you see shotguns and airplanes etc.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jN-g7U28_ak?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buck 01-16-2014 05:21 PM

The thing I fear most out of anything is killing a friendly. I don't even have my first kill yet, and I'm dreading it.

hometeam 01-16-2014 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10373929)
The thing I fear most out of anything is killing a friendly. I don't even have my first kill yet, and I'm dreading it.

Haha. Did you notice how I instantly opened fire on those guys in the tents the other day?

That's because I know they where server hopping collecting loot, which means they where ready to rumble.

Its much easier to be friendly on the coast~

TBH I have ALWAYS played friendly, and it has gotten me killed more times than I can count.

Buck 01-16-2014 11:20 PM

My buddy has a really shitty internet connection so he's always getting hit by Zombies. Today we were in Elektro when I was checking the school for loot and he says he's going to watch the front then I hear him say that a guy is coming and I hear him say friendly. And as he's watching the guy a zombie hits him from behind and the other guy patched him up. So we gave the guy some food and water and went on our way. He only had an axe and we both had guns. It was a little tense, but my first friendly meeting in the game.

hometeam 01-17-2014 12:01 AM

I had to sell one of my cars tonight so didnt get to play. Will get a good chunk in this weekend

Buck 01-17-2014 08:36 AM

I'm starting to get real good at surviving. I've yet to shoot my weapon at anybody so I'm not sure how good I am with combat.

DC.chief 01-17-2014 10:06 AM

This game worth getting yet at this point? sorry didn't read whole thread

hometeam 01-17-2014 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC.chief (Post 10374922)
This game worth getting yet at this point? sorry didn't read whole thread

It is VERY alpha, but updates are coming every few days or so.

It depends on how you feel about unfinished games. I personally enjoy playing Alpha and Beta games and having the experience updated as I play more.

If you want a non buggy, ready for shipping game, its not for you.

The core of the game is there though. The intensity in encounters is what drives it, and that exists in its purest form.

btw I heard shotgun long and sawed off are both going in today or tomorrow~ along with lots of other additions and fixes.

Buck 01-17-2014 11:13 AM

Shit I shoulda been picking up all those shotgun shells I passed up

hometeam 01-17-2014 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10375055)
Shit I shoulda been picking up all those shotgun shells I passed up

Don't worry, you will die before then :P

Buck 01-17-2014 11:24 AM

Back in my COD days I was known for TKs. Best watch your ass Falx.

hometeam 01-17-2014 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10375089)

Im used to getting TKed. My traitorous chargers fan best friend likes to TK me in basically any game then claim it was my fault.

****in charger fans

Buck 01-17-2014 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10375169)
Im used to getting TKed. My traitorous chargers fan best friend likes to TK me in basically any game then claim it was my fault.

****in charger fans

I think Krause and CJizzles have the same sentiment lol.

hometeam 01-17-2014 12:17 PM

New update just posted.

Quote:

Posted Today, 05:32 PM

Branch:
◾Experimental

ETA:
◾Monday 20 January 2014, AM

Description:

This build is being tested on experimental branch, and contains a number of fixes and changes that have been in preparation for the last two weeks. Please note that we do not expect that this build will be quickly posted to stable branch as we anticipate at least one more update will occur to Experimental prior to being pushed to stable. Only a limited number of servers will be running this version, so be aware slots may be limited. Once we have confirmed this build is functioning correctly we will announce more information about the release to stable branch.
◾What are experimental/stable branches?

In your steam application settings, you can choose a "beta branch". This allows you to opt in to our experimental branch to try it out.
◾Does my saved character get affected in experimental branch?

No. It runs on a different database, so any changes will not affect your character on stable branch.
◾I can't find a slot while on experimental branch!

Only a small number of servers run this branch. You will need to change your game back to the stable branch and play on a normal server
◾Can I join a stable branch server wil experimental branch client?

No, you would need to change your client back to stable.
◾When will this be in stable?

We expect stable to be updated before the end of that week (by Friday 24 January 2014).

Fixed:
◾Niosh mask (respirator) inventory size fixed to 1/1 slot.
◾Missing strings for BE popup for alternate languages, set to English while translations are being done.
◾Reduced dispersion of FNX45 (from 0.05 to 0.03)
◾Balanced stomach capacity,
◾Added stuffed notifier (instead of sickness when full up)

◾Eating and drinking animations properly set for tablets/disinfectants

◾Version number in server browser and details
◾Saline transfusion doesn't refill full blood
◾Charcoal and Tetracycline tablets won't give sick badge if you aren't actually sick
◾Player aim run speed updated, weapon position changed and improved for first person view
◾Glitches on right hand while moving and while giving taunt fixed

◾Players can't pile backpacks inside of another backpacks, backpack-inception style. You can only put one backpack inside of another backpack if the backpack that is being put inside is empty.

◾Magnum speedloader should be spawning now

◾Number of backpacks spawning lowered

◾Number of .357 Pythons spawning lowered.

◾Number of M4A1s spawning lowered

◾Dead character cleanup performed at 10 minutes past death

◾Removed scripted server teleporting check as now managed by engine

New:
◾Editable character name in main menu
◾Hive, mode and time columns in server browser
◾Database support for sub hives. (Sub-private, Hardcore/Regular public)
◾DayZServer.exe support for sub hives.
◾Signature verification against PBOs

◾Added shotgun speedloader into loot spawns

◾Added box of 20 pieces .357 rounds into loot spawns

◾Added color variants of all shoes into loot spawns

◾Added Hiking pants (both long and short ones) and Canvas pants including their color variants into loot spawns

◾Added hacksaw into the loot spawns

◾Added shotgun into loot spawns

◾Berry picking
◾Added Hacksaw into loot spawns
◾Saw-off shotgun recipe
◾Opening cans with saw
◾Painting Mosin now supported w/ spraypaint

◾Added spraypaint can into loot spawns

◾Coastal harbor town of Svetloyarsk (and surrounding areas)

Buck 01-17-2014 12:22 PM

Cool. New town. Saline nerf will make blood bags more useful.

hometeam 01-17-2014 12:47 PM

looks like they posted delay until Monday now

Buck 01-17-2014 12:59 PM

I wish they would add spawns in all the tiny towns in the middle of nowhere.

hometeam 01-17-2014 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10375274)
I wish they would add spawns in all the tiny towns in the middle of nowhere.

eventually I hope that is what they do. Right now as you know, most of the player interaction either takes place on the coast, or at one of the two airfields.

if its airfield related, in my case, I am usually shot in my face while looting without even seeing the guy~

Plenty of coastal shenanigans is fun, but its a big map, and most of it is unused as of now.

Buck 01-17-2014 01:51 PM

Exactly. Last night I logged out in a deer stand in Staroye and Brodie Bruce said it's not a good idea because I might login to a sniper in the deer stand. And I said that nobody ever comes to Staroye so a sniper camping there would never happen. If people spawned in all the small towns, the map would be much more utilized. Or if there was a 1 in 5 chance of an M4 spawning I. The small towns every reset, you'd see more people there.

Buck 01-17-2014 06:06 PM

http://i.imgur.com/wccKsGC.gif

Ceej 01-17-2014 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10375181)
I think Krause and CJizzles have the same sentiment lol.

I don't think I've played hardcore since, lol.

hometeam 01-17-2014 08:08 PM

http://imgur.com/n4FGoa5.jpg

hometeam 01-17-2014 08:10 PM

Not sure if I posted it already, if you are wondering wtf this torso side to side movement is.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/o6o8x67ApM8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buck 01-17-2014 11:41 PM

hometeam and I were just rolling in a squad of 5-6 all night and one of the guys was streaming so we'll have some cool highlights later

Pants 01-18-2014 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10375089)

Man, I vividly remember when I shot you in your feet on accident on that misty map in COD 4-2 and you got legit mad at me. I felt bad while you were scolding me. :)

Buck 01-18-2014 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10376335)
Man, I vividly remember when I shot you in your feet on accident on that misty map in COD 4-2 and you got legit mad at me. I felt bad while you were scolding me. :)

Yeah I remember that too, but I also remember I told you that I was by the trains lol.

Also I'm a bitch, so.

Buck 01-18-2014 08:41 AM

Aww yes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BeQvJZeCEAMOep1.jpg:large

notorious 01-18-2014 08:57 AM

Mosin's aren't so great in real life.

I would use mine in a zombie apocalypse if I had to, but give me an M4 all day any day.

Buck 01-18-2014 09:13 AM

True, but in the game I think they are the best gun. Range is the determining factor since stealth is what this game is all about.

notorious 01-18-2014 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10376430)
True, but in the game I think they are the best gun. Range is the determining factor since stealth is what this game is all about.

Absolutely.

hometeam 01-18-2014 09:41 AM

This was our night last night~

If you turn it up you can hear buck and I in the voice chat but the cameraman is quagsin. I am the one who calls out the guys are behind us about 2 minutes in and point my mosin with bayonet at them.

Buck is the guy telling us that we need to get out of here after we laid waste to the two assholes that where shooting at us. He scared LOL!

<object bgcolor='#000000' data='http://www.twitch.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf' height='378' id='clip_embed_player_flash' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='620'><param name='movie' value='http://www.twitch.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf'><param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always'><param name='allowNetworking' value='all'><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true'><param name='flashvars' value='title=Shots%2BFired%2B%2521%2521%2521%2521%2521%2521&amp;channel=quagsin&amp;auto_play=false& amp;start_volume=25&amp;chapter_id=3566803'></object><br><a href="http://www.twitch.tv/quagsin" class="trk" style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width: 320px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px; text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from Quagsin on TwitchTV</a>

In this one Buck and I are covering the two m4 guys with our mosins from from a hill above the city, we yell out the guys position while they stop him and hold him up. The plan was to capture him and see how it went. Unfortunately it didn't turn out that way~

<object bgcolor='#000000' data='http://www.twitch.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf' height='378' id='clip_embed_player_flash' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='620'><param name='movie' value='http://www.twitch.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf'><param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always'><param name='allowNetworking' value='all'><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true'><param name='flashvars' value='title=No%2BCursing%2B%2521%2521&amp;channel=quagsin&amp;auto_play=false&amp;start_volume=25&a mp;chapter_id=3566775'></object><br><a href="http://www.twitch.tv/quagsin" class="trk" style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width: 320px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px; text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from Quagsin on TwitchTV</a>

There we another firefight that has a 12 minute long video attached, but I wont subject you to it. It was much better viewing from my angle, quag missed a bunch of action on that one.

Buck 01-18-2014 10:35 AM

I was scared. We were still out in the open staying at a fresh kill where everyone in Elektro on a full server could hear us.

Ceej 01-18-2014 12:06 PM

hometeam -

Is there a better way to view that?

I'm unable to watch them on my iPad.

Buck 01-18-2014 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10376642)
hometeam -

Is there a better way to view that?

I'm unable to watch them on my iPad.

Download the Twitch app, then look up the user "Quagsin" without the quotes and watch his most recent vids.

hometeam 01-18-2014 12:56 PM

For whatever reason the second vid keeps leading to d3, even though I have got the embed code out of the correct vid three times. Its twitch glitch I suppose. If you go to quagsins twitch highlights page it plays normally.

The 12 minute firefight was super intense but Quag didn't have near of good as an angle as I did, especially when I opened fire originally, and when I bullzeyed the dude by the shed.

I think I was actually the closest one in our group to them, but the way I was in the grass, and laying completely flat with long range scope and bipod, put me in a good position to where they just couldn't get a shot on me/see me

Hopefully DayZ and Nvidia get together and get shadowplay to work with DayZ, and I can record and edit the vids myself, and upload via youtube.

hometeam 01-18-2014 01:45 PM

http://i.minus.com/i6l2Q1fH3HABV.gif

Buck 01-18-2014 02:01 PM

Part of me is happy when I'm KOS because then I get to customize my loadout again.

hometeam 01-22-2014 07:04 PM

Quote:

1.DAYZ PATCH UPDATE 22 JANUARY 2014

3.Branch: Stable

4.ETA: In process

5.Version: 0.32.114557

7.This build is has very big back-end changes, which means that it may take some time for game servers to come up. Please keep an eye on the DayZ twitter for updates. Many of the changes not listed here are significant database cluster changes associated with our datacenter, and involve configuration changes to DayZ servers themselves. We have tried to minimize potential problems, but delays and outages are possible now more than ever. We will be working as fast as we can to get everything back online.

9.Known Issues

10.- Corpse cleanup causes server crash during forced server restart

11.- Spray Painting a magazine while on weapon, creates fake (unusable) copy in inventory

13.Fixed

14.- Niosh mask (respirator) inventory size fixed to 1/1 slot.

15.- Missing strings for BE popup for alternate languages, set to English while translations are being done.

16.- Reduced dispersion of FNX45 (from 0.05 to 0.03)

17.- Balanced stomach capacity,

18.- Added stuffed notifier (instead of sickness when full up)

19.- Eating and drinking animations properly set for tablets/disinfectants

20.- Version number in server browser and details

21.- Saline transfusion doesn't refill full blood

22.- Charcoal and Tetracycline tablets won't give sick badge if you aren't actually sick

23.- Player aim run speed updated, weapon position changed and improved for first person view

24.- Glitches on right hand while moving and while giving taunt fixed

25.- Players can't pile backpacks inside of another backpacks, backpack-inception style. You can only put one backpack inside of another backpack if the backpack that is being put inside is empty.

26.- Magnum speedloader should be spawning now

27.- Number of backpacks spawning lowered

28.- Number of .357 Pythons spawning lowered.

29.- Number of M4A1s spawning lowered

30.- Dead character cleanup performed at 10 minutes past death

31.- Removed scripted server teleporting check as now managed by engine

32.- Sea ambient sound is now slightly quieter

33.- Animation: Fixed misc issues with vaulting

34.- Animation: Fixed getting on the ladder from kneel for the armed player

35.- Animation: Fixed animation speed for unarmed player in main menu

36.- Animation: Fixed an issue with changing weapon while aiming in kneel

37.- Animation: Fixed an issue with rotation while aiming in prone

38.- Headtorch color descriptions fixed

39.- Jeans descriptions (color) fixed

40.- Cargo pants description fixed (color)

41.Chest holster description added

42.- Using an item in your hand no longer goes out of hand once action done

43.- Using an item while something else in your hand will go back to that item once action done

44.- Security issue with IGUI variable compiling

45.- Situation where player used item on other players inventory causing neverending looped item check

46.- Weapons now display tooltips

47.- Players can now be revived with the defibrillator

48.- Clipping on right hand when holding an item and pressing F1 (Greeting).

49.- Map_ChernarusSW description fixed

50.- SKS rifle description added

52.New

53.- UI: Editable character name in main menu

54.- UI: Hive, mode and time columns in server browser

55.- Database: Support for sub hives. (Sub-private, Hardcore/Regular public)

56.- Security: Signature verification against PBOs

57.- Loot: Added shotgun speedloader into loot spawns

58.- Loot: Added box of 20 pieces .357 rounds into loot spawns

59.- Loot: Added color variants of all shoes into loot spawns

60.- Loot: Added Hiking pants (both long and short ones) and Canvas pants including their color variants into loot spawns

61.- Loot: Added hacksaw into the loot spawns

62.- Loot: Added shotgun into loot spawns

63.- Action: Players can now collect Berries as food

64.- Loot: Added Hacksaw into loot spawns

65.- Crafting: Players can create sawed-off shotgun from shotgun

66.- Crafting: Players can opening cans with a hacksaw

67.- Crafting: Painting Mosin with spraypoint now supported

68.- Loot: Added spraypaint can into loot spawns

69.- Map: Coastal harbor town of Svetloyarsk (and surrounding areas)

70.- Animation: More direct transitions for aimed weapon(prone to stand/kneel and back)

71.- Animation: Surrender now disarms player for single handed items

72.- Loot: Pipsi, NotaCola, Spite and Rasputin Kvass drinks

73.- Action: Burlap sack can be placed on head of self or target

74.- Action: Burlap sack causes black screen and reduced sound when worn on head

75.- Performance: Server Performance improvements

76.- Zombies: Six new zombie soldier types

77.- Crafting: Weapon cleaning kit used for keeping your guns in good shape

78.- Loot: Shotgun snap-loader for fast reloads

79.- Crafting: Player can spraypaint MP handguard and buttstock

80.- Crafting: Support for "add paint" or "repaint" for spraypainting

81.- Crafting: Player can spraypaint CMAG magazines
getting warmer!

Buck 01-22-2014 08:36 PM

Imma get back on tomorrow night. Needed a rest from the computer a few days.

Fish 01-22-2014 08:47 PM

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/8724/48fc.png

hometeam 02-10-2014 07:40 PM

http://i.imgur.com/rVhqiB2.jpg

Buck 02-11-2014 11:23 AM

Where's the pudding?

Buck 02-11-2014 11:23 AM

Rocket should add a 7 lb can of pudding. As extremely rare food that has 100 uses.

hometeam 02-12-2014 06:34 PM

updates coming fast and furious, more loot/zombies/etc and 80 and 100 player servers are live in experimental.

rocket said he hoped to have dynamic loot spawning in on next major update.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qZv5-56lz4g?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>