ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics New Apple Tablet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=222464)

NewChief 01-27-2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rick (Post 6483791)
Also, multi-user? Can my wife use it to check her email, then me to check mine separately?

I would assume that it has the ability to set up different mail accounts, just like the iphone/itouch.

WoodDraw 01-27-2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 6483789)
funny if he said, "psyche!....we would never make an ipad, no market for it....ltr, sukrzsss"

Haha, no joke. "One more thing...I'm retiring and I've sold all my stock. This iPad really is a POS, isn't it?"

irishjayhawk 01-27-2010 01:35 PM

No multitasking IS surprising.
No camera/mic is not.
3G is a good $129 more?

Hmmm, if it had been $500 with 3G, game changer without those things.

The Rick 01-27-2010 01:37 PM

http://www.apple.com/ipad/

Bane 01-27-2010 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodDraw (Post 6483792)
I guess you have to start somewhere. I bet by the 3rd generation or so, this will a much more useful product.

Yeah,I don't think I'll be test driving this one till they make some serious upgrades.

dirk digler 01-27-2010 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 6483441)
http://gizmodo.com/5365299/courier-f...-secret-tablet

If this is even accurate I have no idea.

This iPad so far just looks like a big iphone.

Oh yeah I forgot about that one. Yeah I definitely would want that.

DMAC 01-27-2010 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 6483787)
iphone 4.0 os...iphone 4.0 os...multitaskinggggggg.....cmonnnnnn

sunuva bitch!

irishjayhawk 01-27-2010 01:42 PM

I'd need to see this in a store before issuing judgement. I mean, yeah, this is a 1G product.

I don't know where this puts my ebook reader buying. I was game for one. Waiting for this announcement and I'm torn.

Bane 01-27-2010 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6483827)
I'd need to see this in a store before issuing judgement. I mean, yeah, this is a 1G product.

I don't know where this puts my ebook reader buying. I was game for one. Waiting for this announcement and I'm torn.

I will definitely go to the Apple store and check one out,but I'm really not even into the touch screen.

dirk digler 01-27-2010 01:46 PM

Quote:

It says it has an iBook store and the screen is probably better than the Kindle

The Rick 01-27-2010 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 6483797)
I would assume that it has the ability to set up different mail accounts, just like the iphone/itouch.

More than just email though...calendars, contacts, bookmarks, etc. :(

AustinChief 01-27-2010 01:49 PM

Wow.. epic fail from what I have seen.

Did they partner with Kotex for this project?

NewChief 01-27-2010 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 6483840)

The problem, as IJH will tell you, is with the backlighting. LCD (like the itouch/ipod and presumably ipad) strains the eyes in a way that e-readers screens don't. They're neutrally lit. LCDs aren't neutrally lit, and they eventually make your eyes hurt.

NewChief 01-27-2010 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 6483848)
Wow.. epic fail from what I have seen.

Did they partner with Kotex for this project?

The worst part is how they keep selling it as a "magical" device and the most advanced technology... EVAH!!!

They've overhyped it. It might eventually measure up to the hype, but people aren't buying what they're selling at this point.

DMAC 01-27-2010 01:51 PM

I'm just shocked there is no multitasking for the ipad. Can this OS just not handle it or something?

irishjayhawk 01-27-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 6483840)

Yeah, except they didn't mention a comparison to e-ink once. Sure they're screen beats the kindle. IT PLAYS VIDEO. IT'S COLOR.

For reading, eink >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>x10^3834 LCD/LED/ETC for long reading.

Plus, Kennedy's memoir that they showed is priced at $15. Amazon prices the same at $10.

So, still, this basically muddles it more than anything.

irishjayhawk 01-27-2010 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 6483859)
I'm just shocked there is no multitasking for the ipad. Can this OS just not handle it or something?

Battery life. Batteries aren't there yet.

Pre had issues with that. Of course, that's reliant on the user. But apple knows that most people are stupid. Therefore, they're waiting for battery life to increase and then they'll figure out how to do multitouch multi-tasking.

morphius 01-27-2010 01:55 PM

It is sort of like they took the worst things to leave out from every genre of device.

It is like an ereader that isn't as easy on the eyes, cost more for 3G service, and doesn't support a simple SD card for extra storage.

It is like a netbook being small with a slow processor, yet lacks a USB connection (or even an SD card), external keyboard/mouse, hook up to a larger monitor, less usable storage, and can't run flash.

It is like an Iphone, without the phone, the camera, and the ability to fit into your pocket.

Bane 01-27-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 6483859)

I thought it was supposed to run Snow Leopard,if so its not on the OS.

JD10367 01-27-2010 01:56 PM

Their stock dropped. Apparently, Wall Street was as unimpressed as most of you, LOL.

Again: a big iPod Touch that can actually do more stuff. Nice... but the price diff brings it close enough to PC tablets, notebooks, laptops, etc.,., that I doubt too many people will spring for Apple's version.

WoodDraw 01-27-2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Apple needs others to catch up now too. Another reason why at some point you just have to release 1G and let others innovate before moving forward.

As an example, look at this youtube video of SI on a tablet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntyXvLnxyXk

Now that's cool, and the NYT app seemed similar. Once other companies catch up, that will be cool and something that can't happen on with other readers.

The niche it would fill for me would be a great travel device. Before hopping on a plane, download a few magazines I'd normally buy. Catch up on TV or watch a movie. Land, and send an email saying you've landed. Skype with friends and family (why no camera/mic? Blah!). All the essentials (email, maps, entertainment) without the weight of a laptop.

Of course, that's the iPhone and iPod too, just smaller...

Another weird Apple development is the price lines.

iPod Touch: $199/299/399
iPad: $499/599/699 (no 3G)
Macbook: $999 on up

They're really trying to have a mobile device available at every price level.

[edit]

Looks like there is a mic, but no camera. Weird...

dirk digler 01-27-2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 6483849)
The problem, as IJH will tell you, is with the backlighting. LCD (like the itouch/ipod and presumably ipad) strains the eyes in a way that e-readers screens don't. They're neutrally lit. LCDs aren't neutrally lit, and they eventually make your eyes hurt.

That makes sense.

Reaper16 01-27-2010 01:58 PM

iPad? People in Boston won't know which Apple product the other is referring to.

DMAC 01-27-2010 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6483891)
iPad? People in Boston won't know which Apple product the other is referring to.

ROFL

dirk digler 01-27-2010 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 6483875)
It is sort of like they took the worst things to leave out from every genre of device.

It is like an ereader that isn't as easy on the eyes, cost more for 3G service, and doesn't support a simple SD card for extra storage.

It is like a netbook being small with a slow processor, yet lacks a USB connection (or even an SD card), external keyboard/mouse, hook up to a larger monitor, less usable storage, and can't run flash.

It is like an Iphone, without the phone, the camera, and the ability to fit into your pocket.

Yeah I am definitely not as excited as I was. Ok let's hope MS comes out with the Courier soon I am really excited about that

irishjayhawk 01-27-2010 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 6483881)
Their stock dropped. Apparently, Wall Street was as unimpressed as most of you, LOL.

Again: a big iPod Touch that can actually do more stuff. Nice... but the price diff brings it close enough to PC tablets, notebooks, laptops, etc.,., that I doubt too many people will spring for Apple's version.

The stock would have gone down no matter what. Hype inflated it. It comes back down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 6483901)
Yeah I am definitely not as excited as I was. Ok let's hope MS comes out with the Courier soon I am really excited about that

AFAIK, Courier is class A vaporware. Announced in concept (they've done this many times over the years, especially in video form).

I'm not sure why people salivate over Microsoft products until they've actually shipped them. Apple announces but ships within 3 months generally. Like clockwork. Microsoft does not.

morphius 01-27-2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 6483901)

It is honestly what I thought it was going to be. Though I did sort of expect them to do the nice thing and add USB or SD card. I mean really, you give people a nice big screen on a mobile device, why not let them copy their pictures directly from their camera to show people?

dirk digler 01-27-2010 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6483934)
AFAIK, Courier is class A vaporware. Announced in concept (they've done this many times over the years, especially in video form).

I'm not sure why people salivate over Microsoft products until they've actually shipped them. Apple announces but ships within 3 months generally. Like clockwork. Microsoft does not.

I wouldn't call it vaporware since they have never officially said it was a legit product or anything other than a concept.

irishjayhawk 01-27-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 6483958)
I wouldn't call it vaporware since they have never officially said it was a legit product or anything other than a concept.

Vaporware describes a product, usually software, that has been announced by a developer during or before its development, if there is significant doubt whether the product will actually be released.

irishjayhawk 01-27-2010 02:16 PM

Also, Apple hates cords yet won't drop this iTunes/iPod/iPad USB cord. Wireless sync lacking, still?

dirk digler 01-27-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 6483940)
It is honestly what I thought it was going to be. Though I did sort of expect them to do the nice thing and add USB or SD card. I mean really, you give people a nice big screen on a mobile device, why not let them copy their pictures directly from their camera to show people?

According to their website it has a iPad Camera Connection kit you can buy separately to transfer photos.

http://www.apple.com/ipad/specs/

dirk digler 01-27-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6483963)
Vaporware describes a product, usually software, that has been announced by a developer during or before its development, if there is significant doubt whether the product will actually be released.

I know. They never have officially said it exists that I know of.

irishjayhawk 01-27-2010 02:18 PM

If it had a front facing camera, I think it'd be a much bigger success. Coffee shop skyping on a media device? Killer, i bet.

DMAC 01-27-2010 02:22 PM

Why does my iphone all of the sudden look thick?

morphius 01-27-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 6483966)
According to their website it has a iPad Camera Connection kit you can buy separately to transfer photos.

http://www.apple.com/ipad/specs/

LOL! I guess they do have that and a terrible keyboard. I guess this way they can probably keep people from using it as extra storage, and make people carry an extra crappy thing around with their ipad and camera...

DMAC 01-27-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bane_58 (Post 6483876)
I thought it was supposed to run Snow Leopard,if so its not on the OS.

It's running Iphone 3.2 OS.

WoodDraw 01-27-2010 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 6483989)
LOL! I guess they do have that and a terrible keyboard. I guess this way they can probably keep people from using it as extra storage, and make people carry an extra crappy thing around with their ipad and camera...

Yeah, some weird design decisions.

No SD card
No camera
No multitasking
No horizontal docking

I think people were hoping for an OS X tablet, and instead ended up with a big iPhone. Not revolutionary, and barely evolutionary.

Pitt Gorilla 01-27-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 6483765)
at my doctor's office they actually carrier around a laptop from office to office to document the visit of each patient and have a paperless history right there.

something like this would be great for them ... especially a booklet with touch screen writing.

I was just thinking the same thing.

dirk digler 01-27-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 6483989)

Yep. They should at least have an SD card slot, 1 usb slot, and a camera.

irishjayhawk 01-27-2010 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodDraw (Post 6484006)
Yeah, some weird design decisions.

No SD card
No camera
No multitasking
No horizontal docking

I think people were hoping for an OS X tablet, and instead ended up with a big iPhone. Not revolutionary, and barely evolutionary.

Yep.

For now, I can't tell if that's good or bad. I think the reason it isn't OSX tablet is because of battery life. But that's also a sideshow. I think they're merging the two very slowly.

irishjayhawk 01-27-2010 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 6484018)
Yep. They should at least have an SD card slot, 1 usb slot, and a camera.

They're trying to get rid of USB, honestly. First, they got shit for 1 USB port on the Air. And secondly, they're working on something called LightPeak which is basically One cord to rule them all. Power, video, usb, etc etc.

Bane 01-27-2010 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 6484005)
It's running Iphone 3.2 OS.

Well hell...I haven't been able to check out the specs on it yet,and didn't know.My disappointment grows then.I love my Macs,but this isn't one of them.
Posted via Mobile Device

irishjayhawk 01-27-2010 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bane_58 (Post 6484030)
Well hell...I haven't been able to check out the specs on it yet,and didn't know.My disappointment grows then.I love my Macs,but this isn't one of them.
Posted via Mobile Device

OSX and OS Mobile are merging slowly.

irishjayhawk 01-27-2010 02:37 PM

Pundits saying it blows the Kindle out of the water and Kindle is out of the 1800s.

It's ridiculous. Not even competing for the same thing. Sure, there's overlap but again:

Long term reading better on LED/LCD or eink?

My bet is eink.

NewChief 01-27-2010 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodDraw (Post 6484006)

This, exactly. I want a full-featured, flat computer. I want to be able to install firefox or chrome on it. I want to be able to throw a game on it. I don't want some BS limited OS that is locked down so tight that you can't do jack shit on it. I'm sure they'll get jailbroken, but I'm not happy with the way the IpadOS is behind handled. I know there are battery issues, but it's still disappointing. My grant will be written to buy 5 netbooks for my students, not 2 of these.

Bane 01-27-2010 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6484037)
OSX and OS Mobile are merging slowly.

The wife read an article on these a while back and thinks she wants one.I guess if you're just gonna surf the web and e mail it would be fine for that.I know she loves her I phone,so maybe I'll look more into them when they hit the stores.
Posted via Mobile Device

dirk digler 01-27-2010 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6484023)
They're trying to get rid of USB, honestly. First, they got shit for 1 USB port on the Air. And secondly, they're working on something called LightPeak which is basically One cord to rule them all. Power, video, usb, etc etc.

that would be a cool idea.

And morphius according to Gizmodo they will have adapters for USB and SD

Quote:

The iPad really is a giant iPhone—so much so that if you want to get a laptop-like experience out of it, you'll need adapters to change the typical 30-pin connector into USB, SD, or AC power. In addition to the keyboard attachment, there will also be dongles, attaching to the 30-pin dock connector, that give a USB port and SD card slot. In terms of charging, there's no built-in MagSafe connector or anything, so they'll also be shipping a USB-to-AC cable as an optional extra. Neither release date nor pricing has been revealed on these accessories, but we'll let you know as soon as we have them.

dirk digler 01-27-2010 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 6484045)
This, exactly. I want a full-featured, flat computer. I want to be able to install firefox or chrome on it. I want to be able to throw a game on it. I don't want some BS limited OS that is locked down so tight that you can't do jack shit on it. I'm sure they'll get jailbroken, but I'm not happy with the way the IpadOS is behind handled. I know there are battery issues, but it's still disappointing. My grant will be written to buy 5 netbooks for my students, not 2 of these.

What about the new HP Windows Slate?

irishjayhawk 01-27-2010 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bane_58 (Post 6484055)
The wife read an article on these a while back and thinks she wants one.I guess if you're just gonna surf the web and e mail it would be fine for that.I know she loves her I phone,so maybe I'll look more into them when they hit the stores.
Posted via Mobile Device

It's a visual media device. I'm still out on the reading part.

Pundits saying the ebook reader itself blows kindle out. Like I've said missing the point, but maybe there's some truth to it.

irishjayhawk 01-27-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 6484060)
What about the new HP Windows Slate?

Eh, call me an Apple fanboy but I prefer both OS X and their multitouch compared to Window's version.

dirk digler 01-27-2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6484068)
Eh, call me an Apple fanboy but I prefer both OS X and their multitouch compared to Window's version.

I would have to try it out before I bought it. Also trying to find some specs on the slate and I don't know if it is locked down or not. It is supposed to run Windows 7 though.

irishjayhawk 01-27-2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 6484070)
I would have to try it out before I bought it. Also trying to find some specs on the slate and I don't know if it is locked down or not. It is supposed to run Windows 7 though.

True, it does have a full featured OS on there.

irishjayhawk 01-27-2010 02:50 PM

I wonder if bluetooth headsets work with this.

morphius 01-27-2010 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6484044)
Pundits saying it blows the Kindle out of the water and Kindle is out of the 1800s.

It's ridiculous. Not even competing for the same thing. Sure, there's overlap but again:

Long term reading better on LED/LCD or eink?

My bet is eink.

Yeah, it also blows away a no screen, $30 mp3 player, yipee!!! Do they want a pat on the head?

dirk digler 01-27-2010 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6484075)
I wonder if bluetooth headsets work with this.

The specs say it has bluetooth

Wireless and Cellular

Wi-Fi model

• Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n)
  • Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR technology
Wi-Fi + 3G model

• UMTS/HSDPA (850, 1900, 2100 MHz)
  • GSM/EDGE (850, 900,1800, 1900 MHz)
  • Data only<sup>2</sup>
  • Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n)

irishjayhawk 01-27-2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 6484076)
Yeah, it also blows away a no screen, $30 mp3 player, yipee!!! Do they want a pat on the head?

From my POV: does it blow it out of the water?

irishjayhawk 01-27-2010 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 6484077)
The specs say it has bluetooth

Wireless and Cellular

Wi-Fi model

• Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n)
Wi-Fi + 3G model

• UMTS/HSDPA (850, 1900, 2100 MHz)
  • GSM/EDGE (850, 900,1800, 1900 MHz)
  • Data only<sup>2</sup>
  • Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n)

So do Touch 2/3Gs. Problem is, it only transmits sound rather than receiving it. You can't hook up a bluetooth headset to a Touch and RECORD sound. You can play music to it, but no dice on recording.

irishjayhawk 01-27-2010 03:01 PM

It does have a microphone, though.

I'm betting no camera because 3G can't handle video conferencing yet.

Bane 01-27-2010 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6484098)

Its wifi capable though so it should have a camera.Hell even the cheap cell phones have cameras.

irishjayhawk 01-27-2010 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bane_58 (Post 6484107)
Its wifi capable though so it should have a camera.Hell even the cheap cell phones have cameras.

Different type of camera and cell cameras generally face out so no video chat, which was the major point.

Bane 01-27-2010 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6484110)
Different type of camera and cell cameras generally face out so no video chat, which was the major point.

I know but I'm just saying I think it should still have a camera if you're gonna pay $500 for it.

Pushead2 01-27-2010 03:36 PM

if the iphone wasn't around, this would have been the best thing since sliced bread though.

As a college student, can I buy any of my textbooks on any of these products yall have talked about?

irishjayhawk 01-27-2010 03:48 PM

Yes, I think text books are the big area, here. That and print media (magazines and newspapers).

It's inherently an edu device.

WoodDraw 01-27-2010 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6484098)

Yeah, AT&T's network would implode. Would be real nice for WiFi though.

I'm also not crazy about how much Apple controls the device. The central control through the App Store limits so much. I'm not sure I want to spend the money to buy one just to have Apple tell me one of the apps I want to download is against there policies.

irishjayhawk 01-27-2010 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodDraw (Post 6484215)
Yeah, AT&T's network would implode. Would be real nice for WiFi though.

I'm also not crazy about how much Apple controls the device. The central control through the App Store limits so much. I'm not sure I want to spend the money to buy one just to have Apple tell me one of the apps I want to download is again there policies.

That remains one of my biggest nerves with Apple. I loathe it. Imagine if all desktop computers had that lockdown.

I'm hoping they're going to drop it at some point. Except for the porn/illegal apps. (Then again, torrents wouldn't and couldn't be considered illegal. If they are, web browser is too.)

BigRedChief 01-27-2010 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodDraw (Post 6483473)
Man, all of these live update streams are getting pounded

Friggin Geeks!:cuss:

WoodDraw 01-27-2010 04:33 PM

http://i.gizmodo.com/5458382/8-thing.../full+(Gizmodo)

Summed up nicely

dirk digler 01-27-2010 04:41 PM

Yep. I definitely am not going to buy one. And it seems alot of people are bashing this product especially its name.

The #2 trending topic on twitter is iTampon.

Mr. Laz 01-27-2010 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 6483849)

if there anyway they could set it up so you could switch back and forth between lighting styles?

reading mode
browser mode

DMAC 01-27-2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 6484342)
Yep. I definitely am not going to buy one. And it seems alot of people are bashing this product especially its name.

Yes, what in the sam hell were they thinking with the name??

A group of people had to approve it...it's just bad, very bad.

dirk digler 01-27-2010 04:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
heh

DMAC 01-27-2010 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 6484383)
heh

This leads me to believe that there will not be multitasking on 4.0 OS. This thing is running on 3.2. If multitasking was available on 4.0, they would have waited until 4.0 was ready before they showed this to the world.

irishjayhawk 01-27-2010 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 6484383)
heh

I know it's humor and all but it's woefully wrong.

The iPhone and iPad (and iPod touch) CAN multitask. It just has to be an Apple app doing the multitasking. It just doesn't have 3rd party multitasking.

What exactly do they mean by wide screen? It is too a widescreen as it plays horizontally too.

Ugh, I can't continue.

irishjayhawk 01-27-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 6484342)

I was hoping for Apple Canvas.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 6484362)
if there anyway they could set it up so you could switch back and forth between lighting styles?

reading mode
browser mode

Color e-ink is just around the corner, I think. Which basically makes both of your points.

LED can't.

Silock 01-27-2010 05:18 PM

Very "meh" for me. The only thing it's got going for it is price, really.

NewChief 01-27-2010 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 6484487)

Who ever thought that statement would be made about Apple?

irishjayhawk 01-27-2010 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 6484487)

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 6484493)

Both have truth to them.

irishjayhawk 01-27-2010 05:32 PM

Thinking about it, I think it takes 3 revisions and it'll be a killer product. Of course, competition will be there by then.

Bane 01-27-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 6484493)

I'm not even sure the price is all that great.Not for me anyway.

NewChief 01-27-2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bane_58 (Post 6484545)
I'm not even sure the price is all that great.Not for me anyway.

Well, they were actually smart. I'm sure they leaked all those high prices, so we'd feel amazed and positive about a $500 entry point. That being said, that will be a good value on a more developed machine, 2g or 3g, machine.