ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Who were the clowns that claimed RGIII isn't that good? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265148)

Bearcat 10-15-2012 02:33 PM

Young and Elway averaged 200-300 yards per season on under 50 attempts... even McNabb averaged under 400 yards on 65 attempts for his first 6 seasons. Newton had 706 yards on 126 attempts last season, and both are on pace for well over 100 attempts this season.

hometeam 10-15-2012 02:38 PM

Geno is this years RG3. Lets not screw this one up~

Pitt Gorilla 10-15-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9016829)
Young and Elway averaged 200-300 yards per season on under 50 attempts... even McNabb averaged under 400 yards on 65 attempts for his first 6 seasons. Newton had 706 yards on 126 attempts last season, and both are on pace for well over 100 attempts this season.

Steve Young had 76 attempts in 1992. Cunningham had 93, 104, 118, and 87 from 88-92. Both ran less as they got older, and I imagine RGIII will do the same.

mr. tegu 10-15-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9016850)
Geno is this years RG3. Lets not screw this one up~

If you mean because they are good QBs then yes. They have very different styles of play though.

hometeam 10-15-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9016858)
If you mean because they are good QBs then yes. They have very different styles of play though.

Im saying they share everything. Incredible play, high pick, do what it takes to build your team around type of guys.

Chiefnj2 10-15-2012 02:48 PM

Smith is not as good of a down field passer. The D gameplan this week was to jam his receivers at the line and take a chance getting beat. He missed a bunch of deep throws. He's still probably the best prospect this year, but he's a bit different than Griffin.

Garcia Bronco 10-15-2012 02:48 PM

I was a clown that thought that he wouldn't do this well ever. I was wrong. I still don't think he's long for this league, but who knows. Vick is still playing and while RGIII doesn't have the arm Vick does, he surely got the smarts and the love for the game.

Pitt Gorilla 10-15-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9016875)
Smith is not as good of a down field passer. The D gameplan this week was to jam his receivers at the line and take a chance getting beat. He missed a bunch of deep throws. He's still probably the best prospect this year, but he's a bit different than Griffin.

It is somewhat troubling that Geno was shut down by Texas freaking Tech.

mr. tegu 10-15-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9016880)
It is somewhat troubling that Geno was shut down by Texas freaking Tech.

If it makes you feel any better Tech was only 3 point underdogs. Vegas knew something.

hometeam 10-15-2012 02:56 PM

I didnt mean to derail this thread.

I was on the rg3 wagon and I just feel the same way this year~

Chief Gump 10-15-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9016775)
Roger Staubach, Steve Young, John Elway all won. Guys like Tarkenton, McNabb, and Cunningham came close.

Edit: Zorn ran all over the place and was an outstanding QB, although I don't think his teams sniffed a Super Bowl.

You probably meant besides these guys.

Wasn't RGIII hurt already once this year. He will be sitting on the sideline a lot I suspect. He is more of a Michael Vick then an Elway I suspect.

vailpass 10-15-2012 03:13 PM

I have rg3 on my fantasy team, knew he was a gamer and like to watch him play.
I also think rg3 is going to get broken sooner rather than later. Though he is a pass-first QB he is still a running QB meaning he goes for big runs instead of hook sliding every time he takes a few steps.
He's not halfway through his first season and already has his first nfl concussion. With his style he'll be taking more, vicious hits. Concussion type hits add up.
I hope it doesn't happen but everything points to rg3 being hurt half his career.

mr. tegu 10-15-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Gump (Post 9016932)
Wasn't RGIII hurt already once this year. He will be sitting on the sideline a lot I suspect. He is more of a Michael Vick then an Elway I suspect.

I suspect he will adjust his play. I suspect with a better group of WRs he won't have to run as much. I suspect he will be awesome.

vailpass 10-15-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9016938)
I suspect he will adjust his play. I suspect with a better group of WRs he won't have to run as much. I suspect he will be awesome.

Running is what he does, regardless of how bad you want to think otherwise.

mr. tegu 10-15-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9016971)

What is your point? All quartebacks try to run at some point. Like I said, he just turns what most guys get six yards from into 60 yards. On the long run on page 3 of this thread, very few, if any other guys in the NFL could have gotten to the outside. Especially no QBs. He was never even touched either. He is not dumb. He will take more care not to get hit. He apologized to the team for getting injured and putting himself in that position the week before. That was awesome. He leads the league in Completion %. You don't do that unless you are comfortable standing in the pocket. He is a pass first, run second QB. He just does the second part insanely well.

vailpass 10-15-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9017006)
What is your point? All quartebacks try to run at some point. Like I said, he just turns what most guys get six yards from into 60 yards. On the long run on page 3 of this thread, very few, if any other guys in the NFL could have gotten to the outside. Especially no QBs. He was never even touched either. He is not dumb. He will take more care not to get hit. He apologized to the team for getting injured and putting himself in that position the week before. That was awesome. He leads the league in Completion %. You don't do that unless you are comfortable standing in the pocket. He is a pass first, run second QB. He just does the second part insanely well.

It's already happened to him once, did you miss it?

Running QBs get hurt. If he reins it in and starts hook sliding his odds of not getting hurt improve. If he keeps trying to stretch plays out sooner or later he's going to get clocked like he did last week.

Pitt Gorilla 11-22-2012 05:17 PM

I still contend that he's pretty solid.

Pitt Gorilla 11-22-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9016971)

You don't think he throws the ball well?

Setsuna 11-22-2012 05:19 PM

vailpass is wrong because he isn't a running QB. Go figure he can't see past his skin color.

BWillie 11-22-2012 06:12 PM

Well when he gets in trouble for interstate gambling and goes to prison itll be all over

aturnis 11-22-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9014998)
honestly, I think that race has a lot to do with it.

I disagree. All of my childhood heroes were black. Most guys on this board would probably say the same.

For me, I dislike uber athletic QB's. They rely too much on their natural ability. This usually means they don't operate the offense the way it's meant to be played and will never reach their full potential as a QB. I like pocket passers. Because they are more dangerous than Vick, Newton or possibly RGIII could ever be.

Look at the arc of Vick's career, minus the prison time. HOT, not so much, and may have been gone even without his prison stretch, then he decides to actually learn the QB position, and does very well. Then, back to playing his game and he basically sucks again.

Newton was hot his rookie year, and lukewarm this year. RGIII could be just the same, so could Geno.

It's not my fault incredibly athletic QB's happen to be black.

Bump 11-22-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9142580)
I disagree. All of my childhood heroes were black. Most guys on this board would probably say the same.

For me, I dislike uber athletic QB's. They rely too much on their natural ability. This usually means they don't operate the offense the way it's meant to be played and will never reach their full potential as a QB. I like pocket passers. Because they are more dangerous than Vick, Newton or possibly RGIII could ever be.

Look at the arc of Vick's career, minus the prison time. HOT, not so much, and may have been gone even without his prison stretch, then he decides to actually learn the QB position, and does very well. Then, back to playing his game and he basically sucks again.

Newton was hot his rookie year, and lukewarm this year. RGIII could be just the same, so could Geno.

ya but RG3 doesn't rely on his feet. He thinks pass first and if nothing is there he takes off for a big gain. He's gonna win a Superbowl really soon. I really want to see the Skins in the playoffs because he will be clutch and fun to watch. If they get any talent around him, watch out.

He rarely turns the ball over, is very accurate with his short and long passes. He is not a mike vick, there is no resemblance at all in his game.

Bump 11-22-2012 07:24 PM

RG3 might also be the best play action QB in the NFL right now too, he is amazing at it.

I'm becoming a bigger RG3 fan than a Chiefs fan at this point. I'm rooting for him!

KChiefer 11-22-2012 07:27 PM

Limbaugh?

Mile High Mania 11-22-2012 07:31 PM

RGIII has a great future... Very precise, great touch on the pass and he throws it wherever it needs to be, plus he is quite mobile. He is very technically sound and makes great decisions. I would love to have him on my team for the next decade.

BossChief 11-22-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9142580)

RG3s closest comparison is probably Steve Young, not Michael Vick.

I really wish people would stop bringing up Vick when talking about the new era black QBs.

Deberg_1990 11-22-2012 07:39 PM

Hes a serious talent, and has mad game right now while he's young......I do worry what he will be like in 3, 4, 5 years down the road. He's awfully skinny.
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990 11-22-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9142662)
RG3s closest comparison is probably Steve Young, not Michael Vick.

I really wish people would stop bringing up Vick when talking about the new era black QBs.

I think he reminds me most of Randall Cunningham. More accomplished passer though at this point in their careers.
Posted via Mobile Device

Titty Meat 11-22-2012 07:50 PM

I didn't want to give up a whole draft because I knew we could get Tannehill for a lot less.

Hootie 11-22-2012 08:00 PM

Tannehill isn't a franchise QB

Marcellus 11-22-2012 08:06 PM

I am so pissed we missed out on RGIII. We weren't getting Luck most likely, we could have easily lost enough games to get RGIII.

jspchief 11-22-2012 08:11 PM

I don't know how people are trying to downplay RG3's running. He leads the league in QB rushing. They run a ****ing read option. The guy is a lot closer to Vick than people want to admit. He's just a better passer.

Cannibal 11-22-2012 08:28 PM

RGIII

Was ranked 5th in QB rating with a 101 before today's game in which he had a 140 rating.

Cannibal 11-22-2012 08:29 PM

He's 6th in completion percentage at 67.1. Only 3 picks this year.

These are not the statistics of a running QB.

I think he's a great passing QB with great accuracy, intelligence and pocket presence who can also run better than a lot of running backs.

Marcellus 11-22-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9142798)
He's 6th in completion percentage at 67.1.

Has Vick ever been 16th?

milkman 11-22-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9142733)
I don't know how people are trying to downplay RG3's running. He leads the league in QB rushing. They run a ****ing read option. The guy is a lot closer to Vick than people want to admit. He's just a better passer.

RGIII is far more advanced as a passer right now than Vick has ever been.

And he should only get better, which is why the comparison to Vick is moronic.

Cannibal 11-22-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9142806)
Has Vick ever been 16th?

Not sure, but his career percentage is only 56.3.

Marcellus 11-22-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9142852)
Not sure, but his career percentage is only 56.3.

That would suggest a loud and hardy **** no.

Pitt Gorilla 11-22-2012 08:43 PM

Steve young is the qb that comes to mind when I watch him. His ability to make a great throw while getting hit is unreal.

Bump 11-22-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9142733)

RG3 is RG3

He's going to be great whether you can accept that or not. There is really no flaw to his game. He's the type that can put a team on his back and take them where they want to go.

Bump 11-22-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9142798)
He's 6th in completion percentage at 67.1. Only 3 picks this year.

These are not the statistics of a running QB.

I think he's a great passing QB with great accuracy, intelligence and pocket presence who can also run better than a lot of running backs.

but he's black

he's just a Mike Vick

/cp

TheGuardian 11-22-2012 08:49 PM

I was totally wrong about him it seems, and am fine saying so. More than anything, from all the interviews I've seen with him he seems like a really good person, and really intelligent.

My knock on him was that system he came out of, which I thought would handcap him at the pro level, but he looks great so far.

He did have one completely atrocious throw on the interception but the guy is nails and I've become a fan.

I still don't think we could have given up enough to move ahead of the Skins to get him. It would have been something ridiculous to do that, and no one is worth three first rounders. NO ONE.

Cannibal 11-22-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9142888)
but he's black

he's just a Mike Vick

/cp

I really don't think anyone is being racist about it. But I think white guys feel like QB is one of the last bastions of sport that they can dominate. So there is probably some resistance from some people to players like RGIII.

Cannibal 11-22-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9142895)
I was totally wrong about him it seems, and am fine saying so. More than anything, from all the interviews I've seen with him he seems like a really good person, and really intelligent.

My knock on him was that system he came out of, which I thought would handcap him at the pro level, but he looks great so far.

He did have one completely atrocious throw on the interception but the guy is nails and I've become a fan.

I still don't think we could have given up enough to move ahead of the Skins to get him. It would have been something ridiculous to do that, and no one is worth three first rounders. NO ONE.

I'd give up 3 firsts for him. We pick busts with our first rounders anyway. We wouldn't be losing anything.

ThaVirus 11-22-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

those people are idiots and anything they say is irrelevant.

Bump! The ****ing white knight black people defender LMAO

Gotta love it.

Cannibal 11-22-2012 08:54 PM

I'd give up Dontari Poe, Jonathan Baldwin and Eric Berry for RGIII in a hearbeat.

milkman 11-22-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9142920)
I'd give up Dontari Poe, Jonathan Baldwin and Eric Berry for RGIII in a hearbeat.

Hell, throw in Tyson Jackson while we're at it.

Marcellus 11-22-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9142920)

**** when you put it that way :facepalm:

Cannibal 11-22-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9142925)
Hell, throw in Tyson Jackson while we're at it.

LOL, I would too I just list our last 3 years.

TheGuardian 11-22-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9142927)
**** when you put it that way :facepalm:

Ok yeah, true, three first rounders it is!

ThaVirus 11-22-2012 08:59 PM

DJ and Hali are our only 1st rounders that have lived up to their potential (in recent years) and even DJ took like 5 years to do so. Ill give Berry another 2 years to diagnosed, seeing as how he missed half his career so far with a catastrophic injury..

Trade all those ****ers for a Luck or RGIII. You really need to build around the QB these days.

Marcellus 11-22-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9142936)
Ok yeah, true, three first rounders it is!

Yea I thought Washington was nuts at the time but now I am pissed we didn't do more.

Cannibal 11-22-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9142948)
Yea I thought Washington was nuts at the time but now I am pissed we didn't do more.

True, we are looking at it with the benefit of hindsight.

That took some balls for Washington to pull it off. It was a huge gamble and if RGIII had busted, we'd all be looking at Washington as a joke.

Marcellus 11-22-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9142964)
True, we are looking at it with the benefit of hindsight.

That took some balls for Washington to pull it off. It was a huge gamble and if RGIII had busted, we'd all be looking at Washington as a joke.

It was a HUGE gamble. Executive of the Decade should be able to work that right?

Chiefshrink 11-22-2012 09:39 PM

Besides all his physical talent, I'm also impressed with not only his intelligence at this point but even moreso his mental toughness all year exhibiting short term memory when he F's up and then comes right back and never blinks an eye. Good family military upbringing always pays off:thumb:

Don't follow college football that closely but has anybody seen amy interviews with Geno and if so is the kid mature and smart?

milkman 11-22-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9143073)
Besides all his physical talent, I'm also impressed with not only his intelligence at this point but even moreso his mental toughness all year exhibiting short term memory when he F's up and then comes right back and never blinks an eye. Good family military upbringing always pays off:thumb:

Don't follow college football that closely but has anybody seen amy interviews with Geno and if so is the kid mature and smart?

No.

None of us have ever seen Smith interviewed.

Chiefshrink 11-22-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9142980)
It was a HUGE gamble. Executive of the Decade should be able to work that right?

A gamble that HAD to be taken in Shanny's eyes because who in the hell else was out there that could have the potential to WIN NOW ??

tredadda 11-22-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9142895)

So a Luck or RGIII are not worth a Berry, Baldwin, and Poe? 1st rounders are great and all if you get great players for them, but I think they are way too overrated. It is because of this that keeps teams from giving them up to trade up for elite players at elite positions.

mcaj22 11-22-2012 11:51 PM

id give up all 4 years of Pioli's piece of shit draft classes for RG3. Because we got shitty players and shitty picks from 95 percent of the four years anyway.

Id give up every 1st rounder Pioli has drafted for RG3 in a heartbeat.

NJChiefsFan 11-23-2012 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9143326)
So a Luck or RGIII are not worth a Berry, Baldwin, and Poe? 1st rounders are great and all if you get great players for them, but I think they are way too overrated. It is because of this that keeps teams from giving them up to trade up for elite players at elite positions.

I agree. Of course people are worth 3 1st rounders. You need a damn QB. Teams spend years trying to find one. Percentage of 1st rounders you hit on vs. percentage of time you win a SB with an average QB.

Sorter 11-23-2012 01:17 AM

What proves RG3 is a franchise QB to me is that he has already made his WRs better and his O-line better. Teh Redsins have a horrible O-line and Robert does a fantastic job.

Sorter 11-23-2012 01:18 AM

But then again, I thought he was fantastic coming out :)

Chiefspants 11-23-2012 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9143073)
has anybody seen amy interviews with Geno and if so is the kid mature and smart?

He is the anti Matt "Graded out Perfectly" Cassel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?v=loT7dtahMIc

Titty Meat 11-23-2012 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9142708)

Yes he is.

BossChief 11-23-2012 05:00 AM

If they don't **** up by winning a couple meaningless games in this final stretch and we get the opportunity to draft Geno Smith and we opt to pass...I may well be done with this team and I may start up the fanwagon for the team that drafts him.

I cant think of a single thing that I would change about the kid and I dont understand why he isnt being hyped as a similar prospect to RG3 in every way except a 4.3 40 yard dash.

This kid is gonna be really really special and its clear as day that he should be the top overall pick.

AussieChiefsFan 11-23-2012 05:01 AM

I wanted RG3 very much.

Mr. Flopnuts 11-23-2012 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9143469)
He is the anti Matt "Graded out Perfectly" Cassel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?v=loT7dtahMIc

:drool: Great attitude. Kid has heart, desire, and talent. He's gonna be a stud at the next level. AS LONG AS HE HAS GOOD COACHES. That can't be stressed enough. There are some busts, who busted due to no real fault of their own.

I'm sure as **** not defending Matt Casshole, but the dude was set up for failure the second he got here. When you have someone who is already not a world beater, he has to be in the right system, with the right coaches, and the right scheme to even have a chance of success. Matt never had that here.

I hope Geno will, although clearly the talent level is light years ahead. So it's not like he requires the same things Matt Cassel did. I think most of you will pick up what I'm laying down.

seamonster 11-23-2012 07:25 AM

Huge RGIII fan. The redskins give up thirty points a game and somehow, someway, Griffin finds ways to overcome their garbage safety's and defensive backs to win these games. Drafting this player is bassically like drafting three first round picks on defense and offense.

TheGuardian 11-23-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9143326)

Yeah I retracted that after someone else threw that out.

RGIII and Luck are def worth the three first rounders we've used the last three years.

On the flip side of that, I wonder how good Baldwin could be in a place where the QB could actually get him the football.

Hoover 11-23-2012 09:51 AM

I never thought RGIII would be this good. He's been every impressive. That said, Cam Newton was impressive last year and sucks this year, so the jury is still going to be out for a while.

OnTheWarpath15 11-23-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9143709)
Yeah I retracted that after someone else threw that out.

RGIII and Luck are def worth the three first rounders we've used the last three years.

On the flip side of that, I wonder how good Baldwin could be in a place where the QB could actually get him the football.

Until he can learn to run a route properly, it doesn't matter who the QB is.

chiefzilla1501 11-23-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9143564)
:drool: Great attitude. Kid has heart, desire, and talent. He's gonna be a stud at the next level. AS LONG AS HE HAS GOOD COACHES. That can't be stressed enough. There are some busts, who busted due to no real fault of their own.

I'm sure as **** not defending Matt Casshole, but the dude was set up for failure the second he got here. When you have someone who is already not a world beater, he has to be in the right system, with the right coaches, and the right scheme to even have a chance of success. Matt never had that here.

I hope Geno will, although clearly the talent level is light years ahead. So it's not like he requires the same things Matt Cassel did. I think most of you will pick up what I'm laying down.

Norv turner for oc. Maybe even Sean Ryan from the giants. Or pat shurmur. Lots of real nice oc candidates, no matter who we draft.

Of course, if pioli is in charge, we can expect to see josh mcdaniels as head coach / oc. Fml.

Chief Roundup 11-23-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Race as in stereotype, yes. Racism not so much..from me anyway.

I think it is more of the old argument that Doug Campbell is the only black QB to win a SB and so on. The "numbers" show that a black QB will not have a SB winning successful career.
We all know that will change as there are more and more black QBs getting chances.

Rausch 11-23-2012 10:16 AM

Last year was a very rare draft. It wasn't who's good and who sucks there were two completely different QB's who were both legit.

The Colts took the guy most like the guy that left.

The Skins took the guy best suited to what they wanted to run in their offense.

I will agree that a lot of fans thought less of RGIII because they figured Black QB that can run = great athlete but dumb as hell.

Nein.

RGIII is extremely intelligent and could run any offense out there...

okcchief 11-23-2012 10:24 AM

I would have traded the whole ****ing Draft for Luck or RG3 then and would do it today. Now that we are going to have a top 2 pick I don't have unwavering confidence in any of them. The life of a ****ing Chiefs fan :(

Rausch 11-23-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9143742)
I would have traded the whole ****ing Draft for Luck or RG3 then and would do it today. Now that we are going to have a top 2 pick I don't have unwavering confidence in any of them.

This.

But I'm willing to believe in something different.

We tried Pioli and it didn't work.

It happens. Lamar had failures as well.

But identify them, end them, and move forward...

teedubya 11-23-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9142911)
I'd give up 3 firsts for him. We pick busts with our first rounders anyway. We wouldn't be losing anything.

I don't know about you, but I'd give up Tyson Jackson, Glenn Dorsey, Dontari Poe and Jonathan Baldwin for RG3. Those 4 first round draft picks are turds.

Chief Roundup 11-23-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9142708)

You sir are a moron. We should of traded up and gotten Tannehill.

mcaj22 11-23-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9143711)
I never thought RGIII would be this good. He's been every impressive. That said, Cam Newton was impressive last year and sucks this year, so the jury is still going to be out for a while.

there is a HUGE difference between the two

a lot of people thought Cam Newton would be a bust, or not as good as what he did his rookie year.

Cam Newton came back to reality to what many expected of him this year. It also doesnt help Cam that he has no talent and garbage coaching around him.

RG3 does too, but he also has the Rat, the mini Rat, and an owner that will spend whatever it takes to put talent around RG3 in the coming years.

Cam Newton has an owner giving 40 million to a RB that does nothing, 100 million to an overrated DE, etc.

Cam Newton was also a nobody besides that big year he came out, and was caught in a scandal at Auburn, and had that shit with his dad being his agent or whatever the hell. There was tons of red flags. RG3 was an every 10 years type of class player.

Rausch 11-23-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9143751)
You sir are a moron. We should of traded up and gotten Tannehill.

I'm still not a fan...