ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV True Blood (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=192557)

Baby Lee 10-27-2008 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5157438)
I'm sorry, but being hot doesn't make up for being a psycho hippie V addict.

Haaaave you met men?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gkYcaVel5bo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gkYcaVel5bo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

unlurking 10-27-2008 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5157438)
I'm sorry, but being hot doesn't make up for being a psycho hippie V addict.

She's really not that hot, but she does have exquisitely shaped and bouncy...

...um...

hair?

luv 10-28-2008 06:53 AM

My favorite part of the show was the proposal. When he went to get out of the truck, I thought something bad was going to happen.

Sully 10-28-2008 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 5156869)
BTW - even if I could have predicted Jimmy James as a nerd vamp getting freaky with Lafayette, I'd never have predicted Jimmy James as a nerd vamp getting freaky with Lafayette with Cindy Lauper playing in the background.

Wasn't that the Bangles? "Eternal Flame?"

I love that I'm not the only one who still thinks of him as Jimmy James, after he's been in so many other things. ROFL

I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey strong bowels were girded with strength like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo... dung. ...Glorious sunset of my heart was fading. Soon the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans... and pants to match. The monkey clown horrible karate round and yummy like cute small baby chick would beat the donkey."

Sully 10-28-2008 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 5159087)
She's really not that hot, but she does have exquisitely shaped and bouncy...

...um...

hair?

She looks a hell of a lot better than she did in "Mean Girls."

luv 11-02-2008 08:59 PM

Well, truth about Sam is out. Jason needs to listen to the gay vampire. Only three episodes left?

Tribal Warfare 11-03-2008 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5179383)
Well, truth about Sam is out. Jason needs to listen to the gay vampire. Only three episodes left?

That was lame

PhillyChiefFan 11-03-2008 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5179383)

Didn't Eric say that they can sense when someone has wronged a vampire and then look at Amy in Merlott's?

Also, sooo what is it with Sam, cause I'm pretty sure I saw him and the dog together in the same scene. So he can switch in and out of the dog's body???

PhillyChiefFan 11-03-2008 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5160256)
My favorite part of the show was the proposal. When he went to get out of the truck, I thought something bad was going to happen.

Yea the music kinda made me think the he was going to break her skull with a tire iron or something. I like Rene, hope he doesn't get kilt.

luv 11-03-2008 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 5180894)
Yea the music kinda made me think the he was going to break her skull with a tire iron or something. I like Rene, hope he doesn't get kilt.

That couple is just so cool.

luv 11-03-2008 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 5180884)
Didn't Eric say that they can sense when someone has wronged a vampire and then look at Amy in Merlott's?

Also, sooo what is it with Sam, cause I'm pretty sure I saw him and the dog together in the same scene. So he can switch in and out of the dog's body???

I don't recall them being in a scene together. I don't know.

PhillyChiefFan 11-03-2008 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5183367)
I don't recall them being in a scene together. I don't know.

When Sam and the guy that has the flashbacks from Iraq, were standing taking stuff out of his truck two weeks ago, after that guy saw Sam run through the woods naked.

They were taking supplies out of Sam's truck for the bar.

Also a scene where Sam is petting him on the front porch...maybe at Sookie's place?? I don't remember

PhillyChiefFan 11-03-2008 09:53 PM

But I KNEW that was him at the end of the bed, when the dog turned his head when she was taking off her pants. I laughed when she woke up and Sam was naked at the end of the bed.

Baby Lee 11-10-2008 04:21 PM

In other news, Dane's neighbor has winterbush!!

FishingRod 11-10-2008 04:32 PM

The Dog is Real. Sam Said he has to be around an animail to copy it.

luv 11-10-2008 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishingRod (Post 5208415)
The Dog is Real. Sam Said he has to be around an animail to copy it.

I was sitting on my couch at 7 last night, and I thought to myself, "Ture Blood come on in an hour." However, I got busy doing other things and completely missed it. I'll have to catch the rerun sometime this week.

Baby Lee 11-10-2008 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 5183724)
But I KNEW that was him at the end of the bed, when the dog turned his head when she was taking off her pants. I laughed when she woke up and Sam was naked at the end of the bed.

"I'm a shapeshifter"

"Shut th' f@ck up!!"

PhillyChiefFan 11-10-2008 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 5208429)
"I'm a shapeshifter"

"Shut th' f@ck up!!"

ROFL that was great line!

The part where they ripped out the vampires fangs, bout made me gag.

PS I knew that chick Amy was a nutjob.

KcMizzou 11-10-2008 10:32 PM

I've gotta check this show out.

Been hearing lots of good things about it.

luv 11-10-2008 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5209453)
I've gotta check this show out.

Been hearing lots of good things about it.

It rocks. It keeps getting better and better every week. I can't wait to catch this week's episode.

KcMizzou 11-11-2008 09:45 PM

So, I'm three episodes in, and loving it.

I mentioned it at work today, and found out three of my coworkers are big fans. I'm always late to the party.

I find the black girl (Terra) oddly attractive. I mean, there's a lot of eye candy in this show, but her eyes and her attitude... damn. I was rooting for Sam to jump all over her offer.

KcMizzou 11-11-2008 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5209474)
It rocks. It keeps getting better and better every week.

I think everyone I talked to about it today said the same thing. It's already pretty damn cool, and I've only just started.

luv 11-11-2008 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5212127)
I think everyone I talked to about it today said the same thing. It's already pretty damn cool, and I've only just started.

The episode I missed Sunday is on next. I'm trying to decide if I stay up for it or wait until tomorrow when it's on at 9:00.

Well shit. Entourage is on next. Definitely waiting until tomorrow.

KcMizzou 11-12-2008 12:55 AM

So, I'm closing in on the end of episode 5, everything seems cool... and now a major character is dead. WTF?

****ing cliffhangers.

I can't go to bed now.

PhillyChiefFan 11-12-2008 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5212121)
So, I'm three episodes in, and loving it.

I mentioned it at work today, and found out three of my coworkers are big fans. I'm always late to the party.

I find the black girl (Terra) oddly attractive. I mean, there's a lot of eye candy in this show, but her eyes and her attitude... damn. I was rooting for Sam to jump all over her offer.

I know what you mean about Terra, something about her is sexy.

luv 11-12-2008 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5212483)
So, I'm closing in on the end of episode 5, everything seems cool... and now a major character is dead. WTF?

****ing cliffhangers.

I can't got to bed now.

You should try not being able to watch the next episode right away. :)

luv 11-12-2008 08:55 PM

Alrighty. This week's episode had better be on next.

luv 11-12-2008 09:53 PM

That was a transition episode. Still awesome though.

PhillyChiefFan 11-13-2008 11:48 AM

Why exactly did Amy freak out and kill Eddie?? I understand Jason wanted to free him, but she just flipped and killed him??

I'm off on Monday, so I can watch it this weekend, normally I have to catch it tuesday night.

Valiant 11-13-2008 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 5215781)
Why exactly did Amy freak out and kill Eddie?? I understand Jason wanted to free him, but she just flipped and killed him??

I'm off on Monday, so I can watch it this weekend, normally I have to catch it tuesday night.

Because she is a psychotic women???

PhillyChiefFan 11-13-2008 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 5216287)
Because she is a psychotic women???

Most decidedly so yes. :D

I dunno, I was just a little surprised when she just reared back and stuck him.

I think LaFayette's gonna get it (and I don't mean in a gay way).

SPATCH 11-13-2008 04:05 PM

firstly, amy's tits are a sight to behold...

secondly, I decided last week that Rene is the murderer... just watch

PhillyChiefFan 11-13-2008 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 5216480)

I don't know why, but I agree with you about Rene, and that sucks cause I like his character, could be the cajun accent though. :D

And yes...yes Amy's tits are amazing.

Baby Lee 11-13-2008 04:21 PM

Quote:

Someone's reading the spoiler guy at TheAVClub.

SPATCH 11-13-2008 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 5216502)
Someone's reading the spoiler guy at TheAVClub.

i'm actually not that handy with the interwebs.. i don't even know what the AV Club is......

i just sat down and thought about it before this week's episode... Rene isn't from the town originally. everyone seems to like him, but he doesn't really have a back-story. then there's this whole wedding thing that just seemed out of place....

There have been so many twists in the show that i just got the feeling it would be someone you wouldn't suspect like Rene.

i must have superior foresight... yield to my brilliance

Bowser 11-13-2008 10:04 PM

"He ain't seen shit, he don't know shit, he don't give a shit."

Bowser 11-13-2008 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 5216702)
i'm actually not that handy with the interwebs.. i don't even know what the AV Club is......

i just sat down and thought about it before this week's episode... Rene isn't from the town originally. everyone seems to like him, but he doesn't really have a back-story. then there's this whole wedding thing that just seemed out of place....

There have been so many twists in the show that i just got the feeling it would be someone you wouldn't suspect like Rene.

i must have superior foresight... yield to my brilliance

Hmm. Possibly, I guess. My two educated guesses is (obvious) Sam is shifting into other humans, despite his claim that it's too hard to, and whacking people, or that the Iraqi veteran is a werewolf (he's hairy ehough for it, heh).

PhillyChiefFan 11-14-2008 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5217260)
Hmm. Possibly, I guess. My two educated guesses is (obvious) Sam is shifting into other humans, despite his claim that it's too hard to, and whacking people, or that the Iraqi veteran is a werewolf (he's hairy ehough for it, heh).

I don't think it's Sam honestly, cause why would he be so protective of Sookie. Also he came in right when Sookie was being chased in the kitchen.

I thought it was weird when Rene proposed to Arlene, did you notice the music in the background? It sounded like he was gonna jack her in the forehead with a tireiron. If you have on demand go back to that episode.
And how his character is slowly getting bigger and bigger in the show over the last few episodes. Maybe I've just seen too many killer movies tough. :)

BTW I hate spoilers, so I have no idea who it really is.

KcMizzou 11-14-2008 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 5150702)

I've been wracking my brain wondering where I'd seen her before. (Just watched episode 8)

Cloverfield. She was the stand-offish girl Hud had the crush on...

Anyway... on to episode 9.

SPATCH 11-14-2008 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5217260)

interesting.... my theory is that Rene is a shifter, and that he is the one who uses his ability to shift to into other humans

PhillyChiefFan 11-14-2008 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 5219694)
interesting.... my theory is that Rene is a shifter, and that he is the one who uses his ability to shift to into other humans

Wow. that's good, I never thought about that.

PhillyChiefFan 11-14-2008 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5219656)
I've been wracking my brain wondering where I'd seen her before. (Just watched episode 8)

Ah yea! The one who's stomach exploded

KcMizzou 11-14-2008 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 5219803)
Ah yea! The one who's stomach exploded

Exactly.

She seems like a hell of an actress. (And smokin') I just couldn't place her. Very different characters.

luv 11-14-2008 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5219903)
Exactly.

She seems like a hell of an actress. (And smokin') I just couldn't place her. Very different characters.

Are you all caught up now?

KcMizzou 11-14-2008 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5219905)
Are you all caught up now?

As of right now, I am.

Kinda sucks. I wanna watch the next two.

KcMizzou 11-14-2008 11:52 PM

Friggin' amazing show, really. HBO's back.

luv 11-15-2008 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5220028)
Friggin' amazing show, really. HBO's back.

I was big on Entourage about three years ago. I just got tired of it, I guess. Friday night is my night for prime time tv with Ghost Whisperer and NUMB3RS on CBS, but then I find myself going to HBO to catch Real Time with Bill Maher. Sunday night is definitely True Blood.

KcMizzou 11-15-2008 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5220044)
I was big on Entourage about three years ago. I just got tired of it, I guess. Friday night is my night for prime time tv with Ghost Whisperer and NUMB3RS on CBS, but then I find myself going to HBO to catch Real Time with Bill Maher. Sunday night is definitely True Blood.

Entourage kinda lost it's burst.

Showtime took the lead with Dexter, and Weeds...

But with True Blood, HBO's making a come back.

PhillyChiefFan 11-15-2008 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5220049)

I'm still hoping for Entourage to pull it off this season, but it has definatly gone downhill

Trueblood is awesome, Weed's is good, and I have just started watching Dexter and it seems good.

luv 11-15-2008 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5220049)

There's also a show on HBO called The Life and Times of Tim. It's an animated show, but it's good.

luv 11-16-2008 07:55 PM

Getting ready to watch tonight's episode. Not going to miss it this week.

luv 11-16-2008 08:58 PM

Quote:

Damn you. You weren't supposed to be right.

Bowser 11-16-2008 09:20 PM

Quote:

Hell of a call.

okcchief 11-17-2008 01:38 AM

I was pretty sure it was Rene after last week. You could tell by the shirt the person who attacked Sookie was wearing.

SPATCH 11-17-2008 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5225584)
Hell of a call.

dude. i rock........... hard.

unlurking 11-18-2008 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 5226385)
I was pretty sure it was Rene after last week. You could tell by the shirt the person who attacked Sookie was wearing.

For some reason I was thinking the Iraq guy, for the same reason, shirt.

Maybe Rene is just to throw you off the scent, and he's been tracking the killer?

Sully 11-18-2008 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5219656)

Also the chubby goth girl in "Mean Girls."

luv 11-18-2008 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 5231222)

Maybe Rene is just to throw you off the scent, and he's been tracking the killer?

I don't think so.

Bowser 11-18-2008 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 5231222)

Nah, he's the killer they were looking for in that other town Sam and Sookie went to that was never found. Drew something. His picture cam over the fax when the hottie receptionist was telling her friend that Jason Stackhouse was being thrown in jail.

And how about Michelle Forbes showing up? I got good money saying she's the queen of this area of vampires.

luv 11-18-2008 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5231644)
Nah, he's the killer they were looking for in that other town Sam and Sookie went to that was never found. Drew something. His picture cam over the fax when the hottie receptionist was telling her friend that Jason Stackhouse was being thrown in jail.

And how about Michelle Forbes showing up? I got good money saying she's the queen of this area of vampires.

Isn't it the one that turned Bill? I thought it looked like her.

unlurking 11-19-2008 04:50 AM

Quote:

Well, there could be a twist!!! Maybe Drew is incognito to try and hide from the killer, or hide from suspicion of the murder. Look at Jason, he's in the klink and he's innocent.

She looked pretty damn hot too. The annoying mole hill on her face didn't even bother me like usual. Longer hair is a must for her. I definitely got a creepy vibe from her, but more like a sexual predator.

PhillyChiefFan 11-19-2008 07:32 AM

Quote:

For some reason I doubt it. Remember when Rene, Jason and Hoyt were talking by the truck? When Jason says she takes V, Rene says something to Jason, that led me to think he was going to kill her. Can't figure out why the killer killed the Grandmother though.

Sucks for Jason though, he thinks he killed all of these girls.

luv 11-19-2008 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 5231982)
For some reason I doubt it. Remember when Rene, Jason and Hoyt were talking by the truck? When Jason says she takes V, Rene says something to Jason, that led me to think he was going to kill her. Can't figure out why the killer killed the Grandmother though.

Sucks for Jason though, he thinks he killed all of these girls.

Because she befriended Bill.

Demonpenz 11-19-2008 02:50 PM

The couple episodes i saw were hokey. I just am not into vampires I guess. I just can't believe an actor say. "she's hooked on vampire blood" and make it believeable

FishingRod 11-19-2008 03:52 PM

Quote:

Cool idea, But I think it was daytime. Wasn't it?

Baby Lee 11-19-2008 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 5232961)
The couple episodes i saw were hokey. I just am not into vampires I guess. I just can't believe an actor say. "she's hooked on vampire blood" and make it believeable

Waitaminnit!! The girls talk?

luv 11-19-2008 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishingRod (Post 5233101)
Cool idea, But I think it was daytime. Wasn't it?

It was dark when they walked out of the station.

Baby Lee 11-19-2008 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 5232961)

Oh, and vampire's blood is drugs, and vampires are gay people.

luv 11-22-2008 09:09 PM

Season finale tomorrow night.

Deberg_1990 11-22-2008 09:10 PM

SO whats better. This show or Twilight?

luv 11-22-2008 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 5240129)

No way this is Vampire 90210. Not even comparable.

KcMizzou 11-22-2008 09:22 PM

Quote:

True Blood kicks ass.

It's the best new HBO series in quite a while.

I think you'd be best served by watching it from the start. Either on demand, or torrent it, if you're an evil thieving bastard like me.

KcMizzou 11-22-2008 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5240135)
No way this is Vampire 90210. Not even comparable.

Yup. Not for the kids, or even the "tweens".

Bowser 11-22-2008 11:06 PM

Quote:

True Blood has

- hot nekkid chicks
- cool ass vampires
- kick ass storyline
- hot nekkid chicks getting banged

Twilight has

- teen love story

PhillyChiefFan 11-23-2008 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5240314)
True Blood has

- hot nekkid chicks
- cool ass vampires
- kick ass storyline
- hot nekkid chicks getting banged

What else do you need? :D

I saw Twilight last night, my fiance was reading the books. The movie is dull, True Blood is much much better, mostly for the reasons that Mr. Bowser just mentioned, but because the vampires are what you think they should be.

In twilight they can go out during the day, don't have fangs (or at least you don't see them), feed on animals, and I have seen Coyote and Roadrunner cartoons more realistic looking when they run at full speed.

And they sparkle...I just can not get over that.

luv 11-23-2008 07:59 PM

Season finale time.

luv 11-23-2008 08:57 PM

Jason finding religion? Ugh!
Did Bill kill Lafayette?
And I wonder what's in Sam's past.

J Diddy 11-23-2008 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5243711)
Season finale time.

sucks that I have to wait til next summer, I guess it's alright since I'll have big love to tide me over

PhillyChiefFan 11-24-2008 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5243950)
Jason finding religion? Ugh!
Did Bill kill Lafayette?
And I wonder what's in Sam's past.

I don't think he would. I think that is what they wanted you to think.

It might be, but it might be Terra's mom too.

PhillyChiefFan 11-24-2008 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 5243990)
sucks that I have to wait til next summer, I guess it's alright since I'll have big love to tide me over

That a good show??