ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Len Dawson interviews Pioli... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266141)

Mr_Tomahawk 11-03-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9081136)
Fescoe doesn't know shit.

He was defending Cassel a few weeks ago.

He's all heart and no brain.

...and the tweet was a joke.

the Talking Can 11-03-2012 09:15 PM

it would be real news if Clark was doing an interview....but alas

the owner remains a non-participant in this cluster ****

Hammock Parties 11-03-2012 09:15 PM

http://i.imgur.com/CUDhL.jpg

bevischief 11-03-2012 09:17 PM

So watched it?

Mr_Tomahawk 11-03-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9081153)
So watched it?

It airs tomorrow night.

MMXcalibur 11-03-2012 09:23 PM

"So Scott, who do you think the next Chiefs GM should take at quarterback: Barkley or Smith?"

Then, ensure the opposite is done.

oldman 11-03-2012 09:27 PM

I'm not buying it'll be a puff piece, but it won't be a public pillorying either. Lenny isn't a happy camper and it shows on some of the pieces shown on KMBC. I would imagine there is some furious editing going on just to make sure things appear to be fair. But bottom line, Pioli is a dead man walking.

bevischief 11-03-2012 09:28 PM

QUOTE=Mr_Tomahawk;9081175]It airs tomorrow night.[/QUOTE]

:cuss:[

Mr_Tomahawk 11-03-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9081196)
QUOTE=Mr_Tomahawk;9081175]It airs tomorrow night.

:cuss:[[/QUOTE]

To add to that...

Tomorrow's segment is just suppose to be part of the interview with the full interview airing before MNF.

So we will speculate all day tomorrow to sit down finally and to only be teased by some 30 second cut of the interview. :mad:

el borracho 11-03-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9080682)
He's constantly trying to save face with the media dude.

He's a press whore. He'll do anything to look good.

He's setting up his next gig.

Next gig? I find it very difficult to believe there will be a next gig for Pioli after the total destruction of the Chiefs. How can anyone possibly spin the historically bad results of the last four years?

That goes for Romeo, too. This has got to be his farewell tour.

Hammock Parties 11-03-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 9081468)
Next gig? I find it very difficult to believe there will be a next gig for Pioli after the total destruction of the Chiefs. How can anyone possibly spin the historically bad results of the last four year.

Eric Mangini got re-hired.

So did Josh McDaniels.

Bewbies 11-03-2012 10:30 PM

Any chance Clark let Lenny fire Pioli for him? On tv? To air at halftime of MNF when we're down by 30?

Chief_For_Life58 11-03-2012 10:33 PM

I dont see how some of you think dawson is about to ream into egoli in this interview that happened today. you know egoli was given a set of the questions before. this is total propaganda bullshit by chunt trying to get the casual dumbass chiefs fan to think egoli is doing a good job and hes suchhh a great guy. I have zero hope that lenny is gonna be like "so scott, none of your draft choices are playmakers, your chosen 3 qbs are worst then most top college qbs, and no good coach in the nfl or college rankings want to coach under you because you are an arrogant pos who tries to do everyones job. How do you respond?"

DaneMcCloud 11-03-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9081529)
I dont see how some of you think dawson is about to ream into egoli in this interview that happened today. you know egoli was given a set of the questions before. this is total propaganda bullshit by chunt trying to get the casual dumbass chiefs fan to think egoli is doing a good job and hes suchhh a great guy. I have zero hope that lenny is gonna be like "so scott, none of your draft choices are playmakers, your chosen 3 qbs are worst then most top college qbs, and no good coach in the nfl or college rankings want to coach under you because you are an arrogant pos who tries to do everyones job. How do you respond?"

I'll be impressed if Lenny isn't drunk, let alone ask any "hard" questions

KCrockaholic 11-03-2012 10:37 PM

Saw a quick clip of the interview. Pioli's entire body language just looks stressful, angry, confused, full of excuses, and just like a pure douchebag... I gathered that from a 8 second clip.

KCDC 11-03-2012 10:44 PM

Here's my guess about Lenny "grilling" his boss:

1) What do you have to say to the fans? We're trying. Hang in there.
2) Are you getting much sleep at night? Not as much as I'd like
3) Have you pinpointed the problem? There are many problems Lenny. I take responsibility and we're going to keep on trying as best we can.
4) How do you think the coaching is doing? We all need to get better Lenny.
5) Are you optimistic about the second half of the season? Yes.

The way the interview *should* go:

1) Do you feel like you owe an apology to the KC fans for the product you have put out on the field this year? Yes,
2) If the product is so bad, why are you not trying to do something about it? I have to work with the coaches on this. It is there call. I try not to interfere in game day.
3) If you could get a better player for this team, you would. You have said that you believe in bringing in competition. Why does the same not hold true for coaches? If a player is not performing, you bench them. If a better player is out there and available, you go and get them. Are you saying that there are no better coaches out there that you could bring in to help this team? Is the best you are capable of finding? Well, Lenny, you can't change coaches like you change socks, or even players. You have to give them a chance over multiple games and multiple seasons usually.
4) You keep defending the team's QBs because you must. The fans understand that you cannot bad mouth one of your players; but, can you look the fans in the eye on camera and at least admit that you wrongly judged the QB situation here? This was your job -- to get the best players for the coaches. I can say it's not worked out the way I would have liked, but one can never be sure about such things. The talent and preparation is there, just not the results we want.
5) Do you feel you deserve a fifth year as the GM? I do.

Psyko Tek 11-03-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9081540)
Saw a quick clip of the interview. Pioli's entire body language just looks stressful, angry, confused, full of excuses, and just like a pure douchebag... I gathered that from a 8 second clip.

link?

the Talking Can 11-03-2012 10:48 PM

if this is part of MNF then you know it is softball...

you think pioli is going to let himself get worked over on mnf?

Chief_For_Life58 11-03-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9081567)
if this is part of MNF then you know it is softball...

you think pioli is going to let himself get worked over on mnf?

exactly...have we ever seen/heard pioli get grilled at all? hes extremely careful about his interviews. this whole thing is a ****ing joke. lenny just wants another reason to get on tv

Hammock Parties 11-03-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9081540)

Len's gonna pin him against a wall. :evil:

This is a total bullshit interview. Pioli is wearing sweatpants and saying **** you to Kansas City. Gonna post clip.

RealSNR 11-03-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 9081468)
Next gig? I find it very difficult to believe there will be a next gig for Pioli after the total destruction of the Chiefs. How can anyone possibly spin the historically bad results of the last four years?

That goes for Romeo, too. This has got to be his farewell tour.

Pioli will go to the same place all Patriot Way rejects go.

Back to the shithole of a womb in New England they spawned from

DeezNutz 11-03-2012 11:12 PM

No longer many Patriot fans on the board, it seems.

Hammock Parties 11-03-2012 11:12 PM

I bet this interview was planned months in advance as a MNF preview...and Scott knew he would have to do it all along....and now everyone is on his ass and he shows up in sweatpants as a big FU to the media and the city and the fans.

SWEATPANTS

http://i.imgur.com/zhYWT.jpg

Hammock Parties 11-03-2012 11:13 PM

You can't tell me this guy isn't getting fired.

Sure-Oz 11-03-2012 11:20 PM

Damn, its gone

Hammock Parties 11-03-2012 11:20 PM

PIOLI GOT TO ME

DeezNutz 11-03-2012 11:20 PM

Nice glasses, bitch. Impressive lack of machismo.

Hammock Parties 11-03-2012 11:22 PM

Here it is.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tlyLcCjvfhs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shag 11-03-2012 11:24 PM

It'll be fluff. Guaranteed.

FloridaMan88 11-03-2012 11:28 PM

Next banner idea... "TOGETHER IS POWERFUL... BLACKOUT ARROWHEAD"

Sorter 11-03-2012 11:29 PM

Lol at scott wearing his hipster glasses.

COchief 11-03-2012 11:33 PM

WTF is the deal with that idiotic sweatpants getup? Is that some ridiculous ploy to try and get the blue-collar fans to relate to this asshole? I remember him during his bullshit media blitz talking about t-shirts and flip flops or some other inane crap. Pioli does look animated and pissed in that video, gives me hope that Lenny got on his case.

RealSNR 11-03-2012 11:35 PM

It'd be hilarious if Clark Hunt left random clues around the offices that he was bugging Pioli's phones and spying on him. Just enough to freak Pioli out.

DeezNutz 11-03-2012 11:35 PM

Pioli is the most transparently pathetic piece of shit to grace the KC sports scene in a long, long time.

**** off, Scott. No one believes your bullshit. You are the worst GM in the professional football, and a cliche-ridden t-shirt and hideous glasses only accentuate this fact.

RealSNR 11-03-2012 11:36 PM

I wear glasses just like that :(

Al Bundy 11-03-2012 11:39 PM

Pioli looks like an overweight, 4 decade too old hipster with those on.

DeezNutz 11-03-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9081658)
I wear glasses just like that :(

Are you an academic or a fraudulent piece of ****ing shit GM? If you're the latter, please kill yourself. If you're the former, the glasses are context appropriate.

Hammock Parties 11-03-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 9081647)
It'll be fluff. Guaranteed.

LOOK AT THIS BODY LANGAUGE DUDE.

http://i.imgur.com/nmlAq.gif

http://i.imgur.com/0xNqz.gif

KCrockaholic 11-03-2012 11:42 PM

He looks like somebody who has no confidence at all, and it attempting to save his ass. The looking away while talking thing is killer. He's trying to get people to feel bad for him. And won't take the blame.

RealSNR 11-03-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9081660)
Are you an academic or a fraudulent piece of ****ing shit GM? If you're the latter, please kill yourself. If you're the former, the glasses are context appropriate.

I AM an academic, actually.

I don't even like these glasses, but I have to wear ultra-thick frames because my lenses are goddamn coke bottles. If I wear more stylish frameless glasses, it would just look weird.

DeezNutz 11-03-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9081665)
I AM an academic, actually.

I don't even like these glasses, but I have to wear ultra-thick frames because my lenses are goddamn coke bottles. If I wear more stylish frameless glasses, it would just look weird.

Right, which is why I posed that question. Fist bump.

Hammock Parties 11-03-2012 11:47 PM

I hear Len Dawson just printed out the Pioli Doc and ran through it with Scott. Easy interview.

http://i.imgur.com/Me6Mc.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/elx35.jpg

007 11-03-2012 11:47 PM

This interview is going to be a fluff piece. No way Lenny is going to grill him. SOC will have to TURN UP THE HEAT.

Hammock Parties 11-03-2012 11:52 PM

For the love of god, Montresor, someone record this in HD.

Ace Gunner 11-04-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9081662)

are we terrible? of course we're terrible! It'sa process -- get a clue!

Hammock Parties 11-04-2012 12:08 AM

http://i.imgur.com/jJhLp.gif

Hammock Parties 11-04-2012 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9081689)
To add to that...

Tomorrow's segment is just suppose to be part of the interview with the full interview airing before MNF.

I bet KMBC had a contract written that they would get this interview.

And so Pioli HAS to do this.

And he doesn't like it one bit.

TinyEvel 11-04-2012 12:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
EFF YOU GUYS!!!

I'm on the Pioli hipster bandwagon. I can GM this team. Better pick up your candy wrappers from now on!

--TinyPioli

Hammock Parties 11-04-2012 12:14 AM

TinyE, you should be our Pioli model for a fake deep throat interview after he's fired.

"Patriot Way Insider reveals all"

*cut to dimly lit studio*

*all we see is a bald man with glasses. features can't be made out*

*He speaks*

"Well, you know, it's a process."

fire_egoli 11-04-2012 12:14 AM

HEY SCOTT **** YOU

New World Order 11-04-2012 12:19 AM

Once Fat Scott gets fired and slumps into a severe depression it will be time for him to regain the 150 lbs he lost and have another lap-band surgery

Hammock Parties 11-04-2012 12:22 AM

PIOLI'S teams are actually 0-24 against teams that score more than 24 points.

Cassel only has 19 of those losses.

Hammock Parties 11-04-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 9081701)
Once Fat Scott gets fired and slumps into a severe depression it will be time for him to regain the 150 lbs he lost and have another lap-band surgery

POST MORE.

Hammock Parties 11-04-2012 12:39 AM

Herm's Chiefs were 3-15 against teams that scored more than 24 points.

Gunther's Chiefs were 3-7.

LMAO

Chiefs Pantalones 11-04-2012 01:16 AM

The guy just looks like an asshole.

Simply Red 11-04-2012 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9080577)
This is just going to be a fluffer piece.

yup

mdchiefsfan 11-04-2012 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9081656)
It'd be hilarious if Clark Hunt left random clues around the offices that he was bugging Pioli's phones and spying on him. Just enough to freak Pioli out.

LMAO

ILChief 11-04-2012 06:18 AM

Romeo: we will keep working hard

mdchiefsfan 11-04-2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9081801)
Romeo: we will keep working hard

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_46r1n1AcXi...rbreakfast.jpg

rabblerouser 11-04-2012 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9080788)
Because some of his checks say Hunt on them and Clark already signed this buffoon to an extension.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9081789)
LMAO

But we wouldn't get to read about it from Babb...

Maybe Pioli will confide in Randy Stoviz.

Bwana 11-04-2012 08:24 AM

Pioli is going to get his balls washed.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-i2FoqqLv18...all-washer.gif

Easy 6 11-04-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief (Post 9081654)
WTF is the deal with that idiotic sweatpants getup? Is that some ridiculous ploy to try and get the blue-collar fans to relate to this asshole?

Yes, it is.

"Hey guys, its just good ol me! lets jump in my 96 dodge ram, go get some Boulevards, head for the lake and talk about pussy!"

Mr_Tomahawk 11-04-2012 08:37 AM

Did Lenny interview Carl on his way out...?

Chiefshrink 11-04-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9080752)
dawson is an old man, an ex-player, not a journalist

he isn't going rogue on pioli....

Man, that is when you do go rogue is when you are an old man and can afford to 'flip the bird' to anyone and get away with it. Lenny doesn't need the Chiefs. It's the other way around and Lenny probably told Clark, "No puff piece or I don't do it."

I don't live in KC and don't know the history of the networks or Dawson, but past behavior is what you observe and has Dawson pussed out b4 ?

the Talking Can 11-04-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9081946)
Man, that is when you do go rogue is when you are an old man and can afford to 'flip the bird' to anyone and get away with it. Lenny doesn't need the Chiefs. It's the other way around and Lenny probably told Clark, "No puff piece or I don't do it."

I don't live in KC and don't know the history of the networks or Dawson, but past behavior is what you observe and has Dawson pussed out b4 ?

lenny didn't tell clark anything but 'yes, master'...the chiefs don't need him for anything...he's a hood ornament

stonedstooge 11-04-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

He did last year when he injected himself in the candy wrapper business. At that time, the propaganda was about Haley though. I don't think he backs away this time

oldman 11-04-2012 08:49 AM

So this piece is supposed to air in it's entirety this week before MNF? I could see it happening next week as KMBC usually does the Chiefs MNF, but they don't do anything with ESPN otherwise.
As far as Lenny backing down because he's an employee, that's not going to happen. He's not going to throw players or Clark under the bus, but he just might go after Pioli. If you've watched his pieces lately, he's got his point across without naming names. He's not a happy camper. There are 2 icons in KC and Lenny is one of them. He loves the Chiefs and this city. He'll get his digs in.

DeezNutz 11-04-2012 08:51 AM

My guesses at the questions:

1. What's gone wrong?
2. How do you fix it?
3. Clark's reaction?
4. Your view on RAC?

No follow-ups. Free reign for Pioli to recite talking points.

Start Croyle 11-04-2012 09:54 AM

As part of the broadcast team, isn't he a Chiefs employee? So he isn't really allowed to criticize Pioli.

wazu 11-04-2012 11:07 AM

Sweatpants? Wow.

BossChief 11-04-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

ROFL

Brock 11-04-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

ROFL Lenny gets free scotch all day Sunday, and you think he's going to do anything to screw that up?

Shag 11-04-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9081956)
My guesses at the questions:

1. What's gone wrong?
2. How do you fix it?
3. Clark's reaction?
4. Your view on RAC?

No follow-ups. Free reign for Pioli to recite talking points.

Yup. It'll be very close to this. There will also be the "Are you concerned about being fired?" type question...

Mr_Tomahawk 11-04-2012 12:13 PM

Christ...air this interview already!

RealSNR 11-04-2012 12:14 PM

I'm still holding out hope for a prostate cancer jab from Lenny

BlackHelicopters 11-04-2012 12:16 PM

Expect nothing ground breaking.

Mr_Tomahawk 11-04-2012 12:42 PM

I'm hoping Lenny is wearing a blackout arrowhead hoodie during the interview...

Woodchuck 11-04-2012 12:51 PM

Pioli never says shit in interviews. If he was interviewed by a panel including Ghandi, Jesus, his mother, and George Washington, he still wouldn't say shit.

Why would any of you guys expect anything from any interview Pioli does?

gblowfish 11-04-2012 12:59 PM

Dawson is a Chiefs employee. Karen Kornacki is the biggest fluff piece, softball lobber in the local media, and they both work for KMBC. He will ask some very vague "what happened, how will you fix it?" type questions, but will not pressure him or make him look bad. This is the begining of PR spin to try to calm down the fan base, say "things aren't as bad as they look," we were in the playoffs two years ago yap yap yap. They're just trying to generate some misplaced optimism to blunt the critics, and "get their side of the story out."

It'll be all PR spin meistered bullshit. I'll be very surprised if its a legit Q&A.

Hammock Parties 11-04-2012 01:03 PM

Pioli was pressed a little by Jack Harry and admitted that he still thought they could win with Cassel.

Just look at this preview I think it looks like he's defending some things he did.