ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Anybody still think Haley shouldn't have been fired? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266565)

Romeo's Pants 11-13-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9114726)
todd haley beat us with BYRON LEFTWHICH

BYRON ****ING LEFTWHICH

think about that. Won the game by 3 points with Byron Leftwhich who hasnt won a game as a full starter since 2006. 2006!!!!!

He still won, with a backup QB and a two backup RBs who are not that good. He beat this team. And that is ****ing sad.

Be careful. If you keep talking him up like that, Pioli might bring on Leftwich as our new starting QB.

rabblerouser 11-13-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9114732)
Not to mention an offensive line that is far, far worse than ours ... even today.

FAX

Yeah, a bunch of third-stringers.

Of COURSE he'll call the 3rd down draw and punt...any good coach would know, 'hey, were punting to Matt Cassell.' I'm sure Haley knew more than most.

I can hear Haley now - 'Just keep it close - we don't really have to win...they'll beat themselves.'

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

BYRON ****ING LEFTWHICH

think about that. Won the game by 3 points with Byron Leftwhich who hasnt won a game as a full starter since 2006. 2006!!!!!

He still won, with a backup QB and a two backup RBs who are not that good. He beat this team. And that is ****ing sad.

Todd Haley got lucky that Succop missed a FG and that Cassel was our QB. He called a terrible game.

mcaj22 11-13-2012 08:47 AM

yes Todd Haley was lucky that we have had Cassel for FOUR YEARS OF THIS FRANCHISE

not the fanbase, Todd Haley.

What an awful excuse. A Matt Cassel excuse for a 1-8 pile of shit team with no talent and bad coaching? And you are going to say "Well in Todd Haley's case, he is lucky we had Cassel"

lol

mcaj22 11-13-2012 08:48 AM

The Ravens only beat us by 3 points

so if Todd Haley sucks then John Harbaugh must also suck because they also only beat us by 3, with your shit logic.

That Steelers game was our Super Bowl so Pioli didnt look like a douche and we still lost, and Pioli looks like the biggest asshole in that stadium in a press box by himself ordering pizza.

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9114743)
yes Todd Haley was lucky that we have had Cassel for FOUR YEARS OF THIS FRANCHISE

not the fanbase, Todd Haley.

What an awful excuse. A Matt Cassel excuse for a 1-8 pile of shit team with no talent and bad coaching? And you are going to say "Well in Todd Haley's case, he is lucky we had Cassel"

lol

Yes, the fanbase is lucky to be rid of Todd Haley.

RedNFeisty 11-13-2012 08:50 AM

No, he should never have been fired. Haley wasn't the issue for the Chiefs and this season proves it.

mcaj22 11-13-2012 08:51 AM

Todd Haley must also be lucky that we gave 5 million to Stanford Routt for 8 games, then cut him so Javier Arenas and Jalil Brown play near starters minutes and absolutely suck dogshit

Todd Haley's fault again

mcaj22 11-13-2012 08:52 AM

Todd Haley's fault that we signed Daboll's piss rag Peyton Hillis to be our savior and he cannot even convert a 3rd and 1 or a goalline stand for a touchdown.

Todd Haley's fault

mcaj22 11-13-2012 08:53 AM

Todd Haley's fault we waste a 2nd round pick on another offensive lineman in Jeff Allen who absolutely got beat like a ****ing drum by Brett ****ing old and slow Kiesel last night.

instead of taking a QB or any ****ing player for that matter

Todd Haley's fault.

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 08:55 AM

Oh well, time to move on I guess. He is gone and he won't be back.

farmerchief 11-13-2012 09:10 AM

Pioli should have fired himself, and kept Haley

aturnis 11-13-2012 09:50 AM

Always knew getting rid of him was a mistake. The first mistake though, was driving him to his breaking point.

Chief Roundup 11-13-2012 09:58 AM

The Steelers were without Ben for a lot of that game. Hard to do much without your star QB.

bobbything 11-13-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9114653)
You can't act that way if you have never played.

Tom Crean, Roy Williams, Nick Bollitieri, Mike Leach, and Chuck Daly all agree.

Edit: Oh, Chip Kelly wanted to chime in as well...considering many people are clammering for him to take the reins.

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 9114939)
Tom Crean, Roy Williams, Nick Bollitieri, Mike Leach, and Chuck Daly all agree.

Edit: Oh, Chip Kelly wanted to chime in as well...considering many people are clammering for him to take the reins.

Are they coaching boys or men? :shake:

Reerun_KC 11-13-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9114752)
Yes, the fanbase is lucky to be rid of Todd Haley.

according to whom? You?

I vote perma ban for your stupid ass

milkman 11-13-2012 10:47 AM

Rep sent to Driving Wheel and mcaj22.

They get it.

Todd Haley should not have been fired.

philfree 11-13-2012 11:42 AM

When Haley coaches a team to a playoff win then maybe I'll think he shouldn't have been fired. Maybe. As the Steelers OC he hasn't impressed me much with 18th ranked offense.

Titty Meat 11-13-2012 11:49 AM

I heard a story about Haley that made me think it was probably a good thing.

Last year it was reported that Haley really pissed off Bowe during one practice Haley called Bowe a ****. Bowe went to management about it and they told Haley to knock it off. The next practice Haley goes up to Bowe and calls him a big pussy. I guess Bowes reaction to Romeo beating Green Bay makes even more sense.

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9115260)
I heard a story about Haley that made me think it was probably a good thing.

Last year it was reported that Haley really pissed off Bowe during one practice Haley called Bowe a ****. Bowe went to management about it and they told Haley to knock it off. The next practice Haley goes up to Bowe and calls him a big pussy. I guess Bowes reaction to Romeo beating Green Bay makes even more sense.

I heard the same story but I heard it was about the alligator arms in the Pittsburgh game. He cried to Pioli about Haley for calling him out in the locker room on that shit. He definately went over haley's head to management.

BigMeatballDave 11-13-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9115263)
I heard the same story but I heard it was about the alligator arms in the Pittsburgh game.

ROFL more reeruned shit from you.

Does it hurt to be this dumb?

Contrarian 11-13-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9114519)
And yet, he ended up on the winning side.

Are you SO petty that all you can think about is Todd Haley the day after we lost our 8th game out of 9? Especially since we lost because of STUPID, undisciplined play that Haley would have NEVER allowed?

JFC.

:facepalm:

NO SHIT!

durtyrute 11-13-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9114695)
Haley was a hard-ass who instilled discipline to a team that sorely needed it.

Part of the reason I personally think the team played better last night??

Just because Todd Haley was in the house, and there is a such thing as professional pride - every single person on this KC roster played better, smarter, faster, more efficient football when Todd Haley was the coach here. That is a fact that only an idiot would dispute.

He wasn't perfect, but he was growing into the job. He will be a GREAT head coach, when he gets an opporunity. Getting saddled with Matt Cassel, Tyler Palko, and Lucifer the GM are the reasons he went nuts in Kansas City. I would've too.

Give him Byron Leftwich, a 3rd-string offensive line, and a rain storm...he don't give a ****, he's gonna punt the ball to MATT CASSELL.

And with a 40-yr old immobile QB, behind a reshuffled 3red string line, and in the rain...they still got more points than the Chiefs 'top dogz.' I can't believe people are bitching about Haley.

JFC, Fire Pioli, Fire RAC, give Todd Haley $5m a year to come finish what he started, and promote Joel Collier to find a REAL GM.

As a matter of fact, nothing this franchise can really do will fix my displeasure. This is like finding out Santa Claus is fake, your mom is both the tooth fairy and the Easter Bunny, and that little girl Mary down the street likes Billy better because Billy's mom packs Twinkies in his lunch...like, there's no fixing it. The dream is over for me, man.

No matter who they hire, I will always have this stench in the back of my mind. Pioli hijacked my franchise. Haley actually GAVE A SHIT about the Chiefs and KC in general. Pioli couldn't give a **** less, and it shows.

**** you reeruns - I LOVE Todd Haley as a head coach. Didn't take shit off some snot-nosed millionaire QB or nothing. I miss him and I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

Every word of this and rep.

RedNFeisty 11-13-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9114695)
Haley was a hard-ass who instilled discipline to a team that sorely needed it.

Part of the reason I personally think the team played better last night??

Just because Todd Haley was in the house, and there is a such thing as professional pride - every single person on this KC roster played better, smarter, faster, more efficient football when Todd Haley was the coach here. That is a fact that only an idiot would dispute.

He wasn't perfect, but he was growing into the job. He will be a GREAT head coach, when he gets an opporunity. Getting saddled with Matt Cassel, Tyler Palko, and Lucifer the GM are the reasons he went nuts in Kansas City. I would've too.

Give him Byron Leftwich, a 3rd-string offensive line, and a rain storm...he don't give a ****, he's gonna punt the ball to MATT CASSELL.

And with a 40-yr old immobile QB, behind a reshuffled 3red string line, and in the rain...they still got more points than the Chiefs 'top dogz.' I can't believe people are bitching about Haley.

JFC, Fire Pioli, Fire RAC, give Todd Haley $5m a year to come finish what he started, and promote Joel Collier to find a REAL GM.

As a matter of fact, nothing this franchise can really do will fix my displeasure. This is like finding out Santa Claus is fake, your mom is both the tooth fairy and the Easter Bunny, and that little girl Mary down the street likes Billy better because Billy's mom packs Twinkies in his lunch...like, there's no fixing it. The dream is over for me, man.

No matter who they hire, I will always have this stench in the back of my mind. Pioli hijacked my franchise. Haley actually GAVE A SHIT about the Chiefs and KC in general. Pioli couldn't give a **** less, and it shows.

**** you reeruns - I LOVE Todd Haley as a head coach. Didn't take shit off some snot-nosed millionaire QB or nothing. I miss him and I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

This....all day long!! :clap::clap::clap:

milkman 11-13-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9115715)
So, if Haley isn't preserving Ben's career, what exactly is he doing?

Just asking...

Joe Montana played in a dink and dunk offense designed to get the ball out fast, and he missed numerous games throughout his career.

No system is a perfect QB protection system.

Pass rushes are going to get to QBs at some point, regardless of systems.

But keep showing your stupidity.

It's highly entertaining from my perspective.

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9115736)
Joe Montana played in a dink and dunk offense designed to get the ball out fast, and he missed numerous games throughout his career.

No system is a perfect QB protection system.

Pass rushes are going to get to QBs at some point, regardless of systems.

But keep showing your stupidity.

It's highly entertaining from my perspective.

Why take everything away from Ben that makes him great if he is going to get hurt anyway?

Why keep him in the pocket and make him throw short when he is one of the best scrambling playmakers and has one of the biggest arms in the league?

Might as well let him live and die by his game. Kind of like what Tomlin was talking about on Gruden's bus. "Ben does what Ben does."

milkman 11-13-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9115748)
Why take everything away from Ben that makes him great if he is going to get hurt anyway?

Why keep him in the pocket and make him throw short when he is one of the best scrambling playmakers and has one of the biggest arms in the league?

Might as well let him live and die by his game. Kind of like what Tomlin was talking about on Gruden's bus. "Ben does what Ben does."

Until last night, this is the healthiest Roethlisberger has been this late into the season in 3 or 4 years.

He's not a young man anymore.

Try the best you can to keep him healthy into the playoffs, then let him make his plays.

He can't win you a SB if he isn't healthy enough to be Big Ben when it matters most, as the Donkey playoff game last year illustrated.

rabblerouser 11-13-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9115748)

He should only be doing that when the play breaks down. Too much 'send 'em deep and run around' will also get you beat. It's easier to attack specific weakness in a defense when there are progressions and reads and shit like that.

'Taking away' that part of his game has made him more efficient, with a better TD perecentage AND better TD-INT ratio.

And he's still dangerous outside the pocket, and Haley does call rollouts and bootlegs to utilize the strengths of his qb. A good coach doesn't put all their eggs in one basket...and Haley has actually diversified that offense. They can still go deep, they can still be explosive...players are still players. Did you see that shallow cross to Wallace against NY?? That was pretty explosive - now, they can explode in different ways.

Haley is one of the best offensive minds in the league; to even argue otherwise is asinine.

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 02:25 PM

It got them to three Superbowls. It's dumb to waste his talent imo. Let Ben play his game until he can't play no more. Furthermore, they have the fastest WR in the league. The fastest WR to come around in a long time. Why have him try and make plays from short passes rather than let him do what he is good at.

To me, this is the exact problem Haley had in KC. He forces his offense on the players and doesn't play to their strengths. We were so much better with Weis.

milkman 11-13-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9115808)
It got them to three Superbowls. It's dumb to waste his talent imo. Let Ben play his game until he can't play no more. Furthermore, they have the fastest WR in the league. The fastest WR to come around in a long time. Why have him try and make plays from short passes rather than let him do what he is good at.

To me, this is the exact problem Haley had in KC. He forces his offense on the players and doesn't play to their strengths. We were so much better with Weis.

:banghead:

rabblerouser 11-13-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9115808)

Fail.

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9115811)
:banghead:

It's pro football. People get hurt in every game of every week. That's the point and he can't save Big Ben. What Haley is doing is stupid. His offense is a Ferrari and he is driving like an old lady.

rabblerouser 11-13-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9115837)
It's pro football. People get hurt in every game of every week. That's the point and he can't save Big Ben. What Haley is doing is stupid. His offense is a Ferrari and he is driving like an old lady.

You don't need to race the Ferrari to the grocery store for milk and honey.

RealSNR 11-13-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Big Ben is producing more yards and more points this year than at any time in his career.

Don't get me wrong. Todd was a shitty head coach, and if going through a year of Romeo is what it takes to finally get that position right, then I'm glad he got fired.

But it's dumb to say the guy is incompetent as an offensive coordinator

milkman 11-13-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

You're right.

It is pro football, and people do get hurt.

But if Roethlisberger comes back in a couple of weeks and stays as healthy through the remainder of the season as he had been through the first half of the season, and is healthy for the playoffs, then the Steelers accomplished what they hired Haley to do.

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9115875)
You're right.

It is pro football, and people do get hurt.

But if Roethlisberger comes back in a couple of weeks and stays as healthy through the remainder of the season as he had been through the first half of the season, and is healthy for the playoffs, then the Steelers accomplished what they hired Haley to do.

If they don't make the playoffs, Todd Haley will be fired imo. have you noticed his demeanor this year? Have you seen him yelling?

This is it Milkman. This is Haley's last shot. All the BS about him getting another shot is absurd right now.

He better pray four times a day that Ben heals up or the Steelers are going to realize they need offensive linemen and not Todd Haley.

Dave Lane 11-13-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9115423)
ROFL more reeruned shit from you.

Does it hurt to be this dumb?

Hey now not everybody can steal my lines dammit!!!

oldman 11-13-2012 03:37 PM

I shed no tears when Haley left KC. Regardless of what you think of Pioli and Clark, you can't have a subordinate openly defy the boss. What pissed me off was that he also flipped off the fans.
Now, would we have had the number of stupid penalties and turnovers if he was still the HC? Probably not, but we'd still be towards the bottom of the league standings because of his play calling.

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 9116001)
I shed no tears when Haley left KC. Regardless of what you think of Pioli and Clark, you can't have a subordinate openly defy the boss. What pissed me off was that he also flipped off the fans.
Now, would we have had the number of stupid penalties and turnovers if he was still the HC? Probably not, but we'd still be towards the bottom of the league standings because of his play calling.

I don't know man. Pittsburgh is more penalized than we are.

rabblerouser 11-13-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9115901)
If they don't make the playoffs, Todd Haley will be fired imo. have you noticed his demeanor this year? Have you seen him yelling?

Haley himself said he didn't need to - the Steelers already have a culture of winning established. Without mentioning KC by name, he said that the locker room makeup of a team that won 12 games the year before is vastly different than a team that went 2-14 the year before.

Pretty much verbatim quote.

And completely believable after what we've seen here this year.

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9116053)
Haley himself said he didn't need to - the Steelers already have a culture of winning established. Without mentioning KC by name, he said that the locker room makeup of a team that won 12 games the year before is vastly different than a team that went 2-14 the year before.

Pretty much verbatim quote.

And completely believable after what we've seen here this year.

None of those guys wanted Arians fired. No one is going to tolerate the yelling. He is on a short leash and that answer is BS imo.

rabblerouser 11-13-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9116066)
None of those guys wanted Arians fired. No one is going to tolerate the yelling. He is on a short leash and that answer is BS imo.

Did Todd Haley **** your girlfriend?? Shit in your Easter basket??

ARE YOU SCOTT PIOLI!!???

With Haley = chance of winning, a least two games even with guys off the street

W/O Haley = no chance of winning, even with Peterson/Pioli's 'stockpiled talent'

Pretty simple math.

Reerun_KC 11-13-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9116066)

Link? Or is this just more of your verbal ejaculation on the keyboard. Need proof of so called short leash.

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9116093)
Link? Or is this just more of your verbal ejaculation on the keyboard. Need proof of so called short leash.

I said imo.

There are plenty of articles about the players wanting to keep Arians. Why don't you ask DrivingWheel for a link?

Reerun_KC 11-13-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9116103)
I said imo.

There are plenty of articles about the players wanting to keep Arians. Why don't you ask DrivingWheel for a link?

Okay so basically just more verbal garbage out of your cock holster. Got it.

rabblerouser 11-13-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

BYRON ****ING LEFTWHICH

Beat this team, that had Cassel, Charles, Berry, Moeaki, et al

Haley took this team WITHOUT every single one of those guys, and won in Soldier Field...with Tyler Palko at QB and Jackie Battle at RB.

He really can win 2 games with guys off the street. Todd Haley is no bullshit.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-13-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9114530)
I don't have to root for them to lose. They'll lose regardless of what I do.

At this point, I could care less what happens on the field.

I'm ready to see what happens in the front office.

You know, in order for ice to freeze in the fridge, you have to circle the kitchen twice an hour and chant "Haley waz teh problem", "Haley waz teh problem"...

rabblerouser 11-13-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9116185)
You know, in order for ice to freeze in the fridge, you have to circle the kitchen twice an hour and chant "Haley waz teh problem", "Haley waz teh problem"...

ROFL

And Bowe. They would be better without the best WR the team has had since Stephone Paige three decades ago...

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-13-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9116206)
ROFL

And Bowe. They would be better without the best WR the team has had since Stephone Paige three decades ago...

Oh yes, we CLEARLY saw what a problem child and failure Bowe is last night!

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9116180)
Todd Haley is no bullshit.

Todd Haley was a worse game day coach than Herm Edwards.

I don't get why people are licking Haley's taint. He sucked as a head coach.

But, he was a great strength and conditioning coach. So essentially, he made guys get into shape to play like shit.

Yay.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-13-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9116217)

But, he was a great strength and conditioning coach. So essentially, he made guys get into shape to play like shit.

Yay.

Oh he did suck as a HC, no question. And, maybe he's not the best fit for Rapeman either.
That said, the team was tougher and played with conviction. Romeo has created a soft, gutless, pussy factory.

rabblerouser 11-13-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Yay.

He's better than any coach we've had since Marty, and since I wasn't even 10 years old when that happened, I haven't had much to judge on...

I just know this team hit HARD, and they weren't pushover pussies like now...

And again, if Haley had a decent GM and a QB, he would have grown into making better in-game decisions.

Hell, having Cassel under center is probably WHY he was a terrible head coach. It made him go insane that he didn't have an NFL qb to go with his NFL team...

BigMeatballDave 11-13-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Yay.

Not nearly as bad as you think. Certainly better than Crennel.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-13-2012 05:02 PM

Have a good night all. OUT!

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9116238)
He's better than any coach we've had since Marty, and since I wasn't even 10 years old when that happened, I haven't had much to judge on...

I'm sorry, he was NOT a better head coach than Dick Vermeil.

As much as I disliked Dick's tenure in KC, Haley never won a Rose Bowl, never built a team from the ground up into a Super Bowl contender and never oversaw a Super Bowl winner.

Haley is a weird-ass dude with absolutely no personality. In Arizona and Kansas City, he fought with assistant coaches and players on the sidelines and embarrassed himself and the franchise in 2011 with his outbursts.

He may someday become a solid head coach but it appears to me that day is far off in the horizon.

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9116244)
Not nearly as bad as you think. Certainly better than Crennel.

He was absolutely as bad as I thought.

Being better than Crennel doesn't make him a good head coach by any stretch of the imagination.

milkman 11-13-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9116254)

As much as I disliked Dick's tenure in KC, Haley never won a Rose Bowl, never built a team from the ground up into a Super Bowl contender and never oversaw a Super Bowl winner.

Haley is a weird-ass dude with absolutely no personality. In Arizona and Kansas City, he fought with assistant coaches and players on the sidelines and embarrassed himself and the franchise in 2011 with his outbursts.

He may someday become a solid head coach but it appears to me that day is far off in the horizon.

I don't give a rat's ass what Dick did at UCLA, in Philly, or in Stl.

Dick sucked ass in KC.

His best days were well behind him.

He was never going to get better as the HC in KC.

Todd Haley was just learning on the job.

He had the chance to grow, and with a GM that supported rather than undermining and sabotaging him, he might have been able to do that.

Dave Lane 11-13-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Yay.

I'll say this a respectfully as possible because you aren't a dumbass like ****tard.

Bullshit.

Dave Lane 11-13-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9116462)

Dick sucked ass in KC.

He had the chance to grow, and with a GM that supported rather than undermining and sabotaging him, he might have been able to do that.

Thanks for saving me the typing. Rep.

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 06:56 PM

Todd Haley: The greatest coach that was never great.

This is a pretty funny thread! LOL

Listen to yourselves holding onto the "good ole days" with Todd Haley.

Chief Roundup 11-13-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9116535)
Todd Haley: The greatest coach that was never great.

This is a pretty funny thread! LOL

Listen to yourselves holding onto the "good ole days" with Todd Haley.

We will never know how good Haley might or might not of been here. It doesn't matter either. The one thing this season has shown is that Haley wasn't the main problem last year. It has shown that Pioli is the problem. With a different GM who knows if Haley would of retained his job or if the new GM would of went a different direction. Haley is a better HC than Romeo though not that it takes a lot.

mlyonsd 11-13-2012 07:19 PM

Haley's anus>Romeo. As head coach anyway.

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9116587)
We will never know how good Haley might or might not of been here. It doesn't matter either. The one thing this season has shown is that Haley wasn't the main problem last year. It has shown that Pioli is the problem.

This is good stuff and i agree. :clap:

NJChiefsFan 11-13-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9116587)
We will never know how good Haley might or might not of been here. It doesn't matter either. The one thing this season has shown is that Haley wasn't the main problem last year. It has shown that Pioli is the problem. With a different GM who knows if Haley would of retained his job or if the new GM would of went a different direction. Haley is a better HC than Romeo though not that it takes a lot.

I agree. Haley may or not have been a long-term solution but he certainly isn't the reason this team is like this. He got a ton out of Bowe and DJ. He made a lot of mistakes and I would have loved for him to find a real OC and let him be but then again I would have loved for him to have a solid QB.

I always wonder how much of Haley's personality and decisions were changed by trying to fit into the "Patriot Way". Maybe a lot, maybe none. I think it was a decent amount though.

BigMeatballDave 11-13-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9116254)

Vermiel was awful. How can a HC let that pile of shit he called a 'defense' go for 5 seasons?

DaWolf 11-13-2012 09:07 PM

Haley was better than Crennel, but he was in no way a good head coach or a good leader. So yes, he should have been canned. So should the rest of these guys...

Rausch 11-13-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 9116983)
Haley was better than Crennel, but he was in no way a good head coach or a good leader. So yes, he should have been canned. So should the rest of these guys...

This.

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9116926)
Vermiel was awful. How can a HC let that pile of shit he called a 'defense' go for 5 seasons?

You're ****ing stupid if you think that Todd Haley's tenure in Kansas Coty was more successful AND that he's had a better head coaching than Dick Vermeil.

****ing STUPID.

And NO ONE has been more critical of Vermeil's Chiefs than me.

NO ONE.

Ace Gunner 11-13-2012 09:14 PM

I think Haley did not get a fair shake in KC. To suggest otherwise with what we now know at this point is lame. Hunt fired the wrong guy, he should have fired Pioli.

Haley got all three phases of the Chiefs team playing ball. Vermeil never did that for any team he coached. That right there will have other HC ops knocking at Haley's door soon. Not many coaches have that coaching resume.

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9116462)

Dick sucked ass in KC.

Todd Haley is and was a crap head coach. I don't give a shit if the GM was attempting to undermine him or not.

And his coaching resume in no way, shape or form is even in the same stratosphere as Vermeil.

And again, I hated his hiring and tenure. He set this franchise back ten years or more.

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9117004)
Not many coaches have that coaching resume.

Yeah, I really hope the Chiefs hire another head coach with a shit record.

Crennel and Halely weren't enough. Hopefully, they'll hire a coach that goes 0-16 in consecutive years so you'll all be longing for Romeo.

If the Kansas City Chiefs don't have the dumbest ****ing fan base in the NFL, I'd be shocked.

milkman 11-13-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117018)
Todd Haley is and was a crap head coach. I don't give a shit if the GM was attempting to undermine him or not.

And his coaching resume in no way, shape or form is even in the same stratosphere as Vermeil.

And again, I hated his hiring and tenure. He set this franchise back ten years or more.

I didn't say Todd Haley was a good head coach.

I said Haley had the chance to grow into the job, something Dick didn't have.

Dick was done.

He only won in Stl. because management forced changes he wanted no part of.

BigMeatballDave 11-13-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9116998)
You're ****ing stupid if you think that Todd Haley's tenure in Kansas Coty was more successful AND that he's had a better head coaching than Dick Vermeil.

****ing STUPID.

And NO ONE has been more critical of Vermeil's Chiefs than me.

NO ONE.

Vermeil had Green an all-world line, Priest Holmes, and Tony Gonzalez.

Haley had Matt Cassel.

Seems legit.

TheGuardian 11-13-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117018)

This is wrong and ****ing stupid.

BigMeatballDave 11-13-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117033)

If the Kansas City Chiefs don't have the dumbest ****ing fan base in the NFL, I'd be shocked.

Woo hoo 12-4

:)

BigMeatballDave 11-13-2012 09:33 PM

How did Haley set them back 10 yrs?

LOL

Rausch 11-13-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9117052)
Vermeil had Green an all-world line, Priest Holmes, and Tony Gonzalez.

Haley had Matt Cassel.

Seems legit.

Vermeil had Green because he wanted him.

The Chiefs also added Holmes when DV was here.

Kennison, Dante Hall, Green, and Holmes all did what before DV? After DV?

T0dd added who and then made them players?

Anyone?...

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9117058)
This is wrong and ****ing stupid.

Go inject some HGH into your shriveled cock and shut the **** up.

Your football knowledge wouldn't fill a ****ing syringe, Mr. SEC.

ROFL

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9117065)
How did Haley set them back 10 yrs?

LOL

Try and keep up, Dave.

I was referring to Vermeil.

Haley just ****ed them over for five.