ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet The word "hillbilly" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=202529)

Sam Hall 02-16-2009 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5497671)
Like who....

If you bring up the Curry thing I made a point about that and got no response.

Last weeks discussion about whether Drew Brees would do as well in the Steelers offense as Big Ben.

Also, Dane rips people who talk about the Chiefs spending money in free agency since they have so much cap space.

DaneMcCloud 02-16-2009 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5497671)
Like who....

If you bring up the Curry thing I made a point about that and got no response.

The problem with Sam is that he doesn't realize that he's a True Fan. He also doesn't realize he doesn't know jackshit about the way an NFL franchise should be run.

So, he gets all in a tissy. And now, he's created a thread whining about members who know far more than he does in this regard.

Boo-****ing-hoo.

Baby Lee 02-16-2009 05:37 PM

Ooh, rather than doing real work, I make tons of money culling the back end of the $$$ that flow from teenagers with disposable income to braindead artists who think they need my services because they don't know a business model from a slurpee machine.

Guess that makes me smarter than all you bitches.

Mecca 02-16-2009 05:37 PM

And it's not like only 1 side is guilty here I've been called a Sanchezite about a million times and said to "only like him because he's from SC" when that is so far from the truth.

DaneMcCloud 02-16-2009 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 5497681)
Ooh, rather than doing real work, I make tons of money culling the back end of the $$$ that flow from teenagers with disposable income to braindead artists who think they need my services because they don't know a business model from a slurpee machine.

Guess that makes me smarter than all you bitches.

Are you referring to me?

Uh, I left the music business and studios more than 6 years ago.

And I've posted this more than a few times.

Sam Hall 02-16-2009 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5497673)
And the fact that YOU interjected yourself into a conversation between Phil and I where later, Phil said that I made very good points.

Then, you told me to "Stop Posting".

Again, Sam Hall, Go Fist Yourself.

:crybaby: :crybaby:

You clarified in the end, but I don't seeing how you could have criticized him in the first place.

DaKCMan AP 02-16-2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 5497281)
Why is using that word not a bannable offense? It's just like other derogatory terms aimed at other groups of people.

STFU hillbilly

kstater 02-16-2009 05:42 PM

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s...AndyVagina.jpg

Sam Hall 02-16-2009 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5497680)
The problem with Sam is that he doesn't realize that he's a True Fan. He also doesn't realize he doesn't know jackshit about the way an NFL franchise should be run.

So, he gets all in a tissy. And now, he's created a thread whining about members who know far more than he does in this regard.

Boo-****ing-hoo.

and you do?

Mecca 02-16-2009 05:43 PM

Can I change your name to Sam Hallbilly?

ChiefsCountry 02-16-2009 05:44 PM

Where is that thread about Mizzou where Sam Hall has a sand in the vagina moment.

Deberg_1990 02-16-2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 5497281)
Why is using that word not a bannable offense? It's just like other derogatory terms aimed at other groups of people.

I seem to remember a huge hit mainstream TV show with that word in the title.

For whatever reason, people dont get offended by it.

Sam Hall 02-16-2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5497704)
Can I change your name to Sam Hallbilly?

No, but I've been thinking about another name. It may surprise you.

FAX 02-16-2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5497659)
They can say whatever they want, just don't get upset if you make a dumb comment if you get called on it.

Really when you make a comment like Laz made you asked for it.

ROFL

I'll watch my back.

FAX

DaKCMan AP 02-16-2009 05:45 PM

http://www.hecklerspray.com/wp-conte...is-crocker.jpg

Sam Hall 02-16-2009 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 5497707)
Where is that thread about Mizzou where Sam Hall has a sand in the vagina moment.

That thread looks really good after the way Mizzou finished. I knew what I was talking about.

DaneMcCloud 02-16-2009 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 5497702)
and you do?

I've been an advocate of building this franchise through the draft since joining this forum in 2000. I've disagreed with nearly every trade and every free agent signing and have publicly stated as much.

I've seen model franchises like Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, San Diego, Indianapolis, New England and the New York Giants build through the draft and keep a consistent winner on the field nearly each and every year.

My opinions and views are certainly not something new.

Sam Hall 02-16-2009 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5497718)
I've been an advocate of building this franchise through the draft since 2000. I've disagreed with nearly every trade and every free agent signing and have publicly stated as much.

I've seen model franchises like Tampa Bay, Baltimore, San Diego, Indianapolis, New England and the New York Giants build through the draft and keep a consistent winner on the field nearly each and every year.

My opinions and views are certainly not something new.

I agree about building through the draft. You can't criticize people who want some free agents since the Chiefs have so much cap room.

DaneMcCloud 02-16-2009 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 5497727)
I agree about building through the draft. You can't criticize people who want some free agents since the Chiefs have so much cap room.

Dude, I can say whatever I want.

JFC.

You REALLY ARE a moron.

WilliamTheIrish 02-16-2009 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5497378)
Sam Hall is a cry-baby little pussy.

He first told me to stop posting, then followed that up with a picture saying it's a "West Coast" version of DaneMcCloud.

I followed that up with calling him a ****ing reerun hillbilly.

Boo ****ing hoo.

THAT'S what this thread is about?

I haven't seen anybody cry about something so trivial since... Saturday. LMAO

Mr. Flopnuts 02-16-2009 05:56 PM

I don't hate hillbillies. I just think everyone should own one.

DaneMcCloud 02-16-2009 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 5497758)

ROFL

Mecca 02-16-2009 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 5497758)

Kind of like a lawn gnome?

Mr. Flopnuts 02-16-2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5497762)
Kind of like a lawn gnome?

By hillbilly, I mean true fan.

eazyb81 02-16-2009 06:02 PM

Speaking of hillbillies, did anyone else watch that show from a few days ago on 20/20 or Dateline about hillbillies in the Appalachian Mountains?

It was crazy - apparently everyone drinks Mountain Dew non-stop and the kids have major cavity problems. Also, incest is legit problem - this one guy they were following during this show got pissed at his brother for having sex with his half-sister.

It was nuts.

kstater 02-16-2009 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 5497727)

You really should be a WPI member if you can't face criticism.

Sam Hall 02-16-2009 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5497752)
Dude, I can say whatever I want.

JFC.

You REALLY ARE a moron.

I hope the Chiefs are more active than you would be. Bring in some 2nd and 3rd tier guys. Someone like Jason Brown, who you have advocated. I'm tired of losing and it won't take much to content in the AFC West.

kstater 02-16-2009 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 5497786)
Speaking of hillbillies, did anyone else watch that show from a few days ago on 20/20 or Dateline about hillbillies in the Appalachian Mountains?

It was crazy - apparently everyone drinks Mountain Dew non-stop and the kids have major cavity problems. .

Um, that's a national problem(not just with MD) with kids.

RJ 02-16-2009 06:05 PM

So you guys were having an argument in another thread but then Sam Hall started this thread for you to argue in some more?

Is this like when the bartender says "Ok you guys, take it outside"?

As to the starter.....I come from a long line of hillbillies and no, it's not derogatory.

kstater 02-16-2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 5497794)
I hope the Chiefs are more active than you would be. Bring in some 2nd and 3rd tier guys. Someone like Jason Brown, who you have advocated. I'm tired of losing and it won't take much to content in the AFC West.

Weren't you the one demeaning a Kansas State education earlier?

StcChief 02-16-2009 06:05 PM

I nominate "Cracker" as well....

Demonpenz 02-16-2009 06:05 PM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...93#post5354693

sam hall gets all worked up because terril pryor is not available to be interviewed

Sam Hall 02-16-2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 5497787)
You really should be a WPI member if you can't face criticism.

Someone from LA shouldn't be allowed the spew that kind of bias.

DaneMcCloud 02-16-2009 06:06 PM

Question:

Is this the yearly "DaneMcCloud is a dick" thread starter or will there be more to follow since it's only February?

Jawshco 02-16-2009 06:06 PM

I don't see Hillbilly as being a racial slur at all. It doesn't have anything to do with race. It's more of a cultural thing. If you live in the South Eastern "hills" of the United States in a community of naturalist, city-shunning people- then I'm pretty sure you've embraced being a Hillbilly. It's a culture of music, stories, and hardwork that doesn't necesarilly carry any negative connotations.

I suppose you couldn't say the same for Baldnobbers, but I grew up in the Ozarks and never gave the term 'Hillbilly' a second thought until I moved to California and had some people looking a bit shocked when I said it. But I said it kindly. I've always enjoyed Branson with it's Call of the Hills, Silver Dollar City, and whatnot. I suppose it's all about the intent behind why you're saying it that could make the difference.

Off topic: Being overly PC is just annoying to me. I'm white, but I'm okay with White men Can't Jump...dance, etc. Because, it's sometimes true and funny.

Sam Hall 02-16-2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 5497802)
Weren't you the one demeaning a Kansas State education earlier?

6 or 7 wins could contend in our division. That would be a good first step.

Mecca 02-16-2009 06:07 PM

Quote:

It was crazy - apparently everyone drinks Mountain Dew non-stop and the kids have major cavity problems. Also, incest is legit problem - this one guy they were following during this show got pissed at his brother for having sex with his half-sister.

It was nuts.

Thanks for that disturbing story.

DaneMcCloud 02-16-2009 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 5497805)
Someone from LA doesn't be allowed the spew that kind of bias.

I'm from Kansas, you hillbilly.

kstater 02-16-2009 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 5497805)
Someone from LA doesn't be allowed the spew that kind of bias.

You must be getting one of those Kansas State University educations.

bogey 02-16-2009 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5497807)
Question:

Is this the yearly "DaneMcCloud is a dick" thread starter or will there be more to follow since it's only February?

I suspect there will be more.

FAX 02-16-2009 06:08 PM

Quote:

Question:

I expect a few more as draft day approaches, Mr. DaneMcCloud.

Plus, Mr. DaneMcCloud Is A Dick Day isn't until June.

FAX

RJ 02-16-2009 06:08 PM

Quote:

Question:

Is that a rhetorical question?

Sam Hall 02-16-2009 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jawshco (Post 5497808)
I don't see Hillbilly as being a racial slur at all. It doesn't have anything to do with race. It's more of a cultural thing. If you live in the South Eastern "hills" of the United States in a community of naturalist, city-shunning people- then I'm pretty sure you've embraced being a Hillbilly. It's a culture of music, stories, and hardwork that doesn't necesarilly carry any negative connotations.

I suppose you couldn't say the same for Baldnobbers, but I grew up in the Ozarks and never gave the term 'Hillbilly' a second thought until I moved to California and had some people looking a bit shocked when I said it. But I said it kindly. I've always enjoyed Branson with it's Call of the Hills, Silver Dollar City, and whatnot. I suppose it's all about the intent behind why you're saying it that could make the difference.

Off topic: Being overly PC is just annoying to me. I'm white, but I'm okay with White men Can't Jump...dance, etc. Because, it's sometimes true and funny.

Being in the majority group makes it easier to deflect.

DaneMcCloud 02-16-2009 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bogey (Post 5497816)
I suspect there will be more.

That's what I figured.

It's too early.

88TG88 02-16-2009 06:09 PM

i'm lost :spock:

DaneMcCloud 02-16-2009 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 5497818)

FAX

Sweet

kstater 02-16-2009 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88TG88 (Post 5497824)
i'm lost :spock:

It's free-for-all Monday.

DaneMcCloud 02-16-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ (Post 5497819)
Is that a rhetorical question?

Apparently

:D

RJ 02-16-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 5497818)

FAX

This year I'm going to remember to get him a card. And maybe a little gift, something nice but not too expensive.

Zebedee DuBois 02-16-2009 06:10 PM

Guard your rumpus in the company of hillbillys.

Cheese and crackers.

Sam Hall 02-16-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5497814)
I'm from Kansas, you hillbilly.

Then you should know not to categorize people from that area.

DaneMcCloud 02-16-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 5497832)
Then you should know not to categorize people from that area.

ROFL

WilliamTheIrish 02-16-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Question:

No. We had a lottery while you weren't around. Skip won it. He's starting that thread next month.

eazyb81 02-16-2009 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 5497796)
Um, that's a national problem(not just with MD) with kids.

Not like this. There were 5 year olds with black and rotting teeth. They couldn't even smile. Literally everyone drank Mountain Dew, they even give it to babies.

If that's normal to you, then remind me not to relocate wherever you live.

FAX 02-16-2009 06:12 PM

Quote:

It was nuts.

Ever see "Deliverance", Mr. eazyb81? I've spent time in some of those areas and can attest to the fact that some of that stuff is really, really real.

Generational behavior. Not unlike what we've seen in the inner cities as far as how certain behaviors most civilized peeps would reject are not only accepted, but passed down from one generation to the next. Spooooooky.

FAX

DaneMcCloud 02-16-2009 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 5497848)
Not like this. There were 5 year olds with black and rotting teeth. They couldn't even smile. Literally everyone drank Mountain Dew, they even give it to babies.

I don't drink soda but man, I hate Mountain Dew.

Maybe that's where they got the name?

All the hillbillies drink the "Mountain Dew".

Mecca 02-16-2009 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 5497848)

When I first read his reply I thought he was saying incest was a problem everywhere and I was like uhhhh, then I reread it.

WilliamTheIrish 02-16-2009 06:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sam go to bed.

eazyb81 02-16-2009 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 5497854)
Ever see "Deliverance", Mr. eazyb81? I've spent time in some of those areas and can attest to the fact that some of that stuff is really, really real.

Generational behavior. Not unlike what we've seen in the inner cities as far as how certain behaviors most civilized peeps would reject are not only accepted, but passed down from one generation to the next. Spooooooky.

FAX

I have seen it, but always thought it was exaggerated. About a year ago I drove from Nashville to Charlotte and stopped for gas up in the mountains - saw some VERY odd people there that reminded me of the movie and I got out of there ASAP.

Mecca 02-16-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 5497854)

FAX

Fax have you ever wondered if you could squeal like a pig?

88TG88 02-16-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois (Post 5497831)
Guard your rumpus in the company of hillbillys.

Cheese and crackers.

LMAO, nice cross thread humor.

FAX 02-16-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ (Post 5497830)
This year I'm going to remember to get him a card. And maybe a little gift, something nice but not too expensive.

He's difficult to shop for, though.

I mean, what do you give a dick that has everything?

FAX

eazyb81 02-16-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5497858)
I don't drink soda but man, I hate Mountain Dew.

Maybe that's where they got the name?

All the hillbillies drink the "Mountain Dew".

LMAO

Never thought about that.

kstater 02-16-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX

FAX
ROFL

Sam Hall 02-16-2009 06:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
my favorite hillbilly, Waylon Jennings

Mr. Flopnuts 02-16-2009 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 5497873)

FAX

A raincoat.

kstater 02-16-2009 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 5497879)
my favorite hillbilly

BAN HIM

BAN HIM!!!!!

Mecca 02-16-2009 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 5497882)
A raincoat.

What about a midget?

FAX 02-16-2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5497869)
Fax have you ever wondered if you could squeal like a pig?

Once upon a time there was a band, Mr. Mecca, whose lead singer became ill.

As it happened, I was elected to take over some of his duties and did, in fact, squeal like a pig for approximately 3 hours not including breaks.

FAX

RJ 02-16-2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 5497873)

FAX

According to what I've heard, he could use an Arrogance Meter. I saw Billy Mays advertising one for $19.95 plus S&H, and he was throwing in some carpet cleaner stuff.

I'm just worried that he might not ever use it.

Sam Hall 02-16-2009 06:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 5497863)
Sam go to bed.

try to win a game

DaneMcCloud 02-16-2009 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ (Post 5497896)
According to what I've heard, he could use an Arrogance Meter. I saw Billy Mays advertising one for $19.95 plus S&H, and he was throwing in some carpet cleaner stuff.

I'm just worried that he might not ever use it.

Nah, I'd just revel in my arrogance.

Sam Hall 02-16-2009 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 5497886)
BAN HIM

BAN HIM!!!!!

We've established that it's an acceptable term.

eazyb81 02-16-2009 06:22 PM

The only hillbilly that matters:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/...lbilly_jim.jpg

Mecca 02-16-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 5497899)
try to win a game

What the **** is that chick wearing a cum protective mask?

cdcox 02-16-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 5497332)
I think hillbillies are proud to be hillbillies.

I called my friend a hillbilly and he told me he preferred the term "ridge runner".

Sam Hall 02-16-2009 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5497911)
What the **** is that chick wearing a cum protective mask?

I don't know. I was trying to find the KSU fan wearing body paint, suspenders and a barrel covering up everything else.

kstater 02-16-2009 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 5497908)
We've established that it's an acceptable term.

So you've changed your convictions and you no longer feel it's "just like other derogatory terms aimed at other groups of people"? And you now feel it's OK "to categorize people from that area.?"

Valiant 02-16-2009 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 5497401)
because the term "hillbilly" is about a lifestyle not skin color

hillbilly is also not even really considered an insult imo

not if you said "inbred hillbilly or deliverance hillbilly" or something maybe

Really I think the N word is more about lifestyle also.. Except when used by another group to disparage, kind of like how hillbilly is being used here..

Goes back to it is okay to call yourself a hillbilly/****er, but it is racial stereotyping if someone of the opposite race uses it against you..

Personally I like calling a person trash or worthless POS, seems to be more hurtful..

Mecca 02-16-2009 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 5497923)
I don't know. I was trying to find the KSU fan wearing body paint, suspenders and a barrel covering up everything else.

There was once a wrestler named fat **** barrell boy and yes he was a fat **** in a barrel.