ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ESPN says this is our perfect mock draft for 2022... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=343365)

COchief 04-10-2022 09:58 AM

Yeah I totally foresee a 6'4 CB with 4.26 speed and a 40+ vertical lasting until the end of the 3rd. IDC what anyone says, if those numbers are legit he will be gone long before that pick due to a GM falling in love with those digits.

jallmon 04-10-2022 10:02 AM

This draft has some good reasoning, imho. I'm not an AT fan, but these guys would help us. Especially Smoke Monday. Can't beat that name with a stick.

kccrow 04-10-2022 10:12 AM

If the Chiefs stay put at their picks, this is a draft that could easily happen. I'd envision different players at the same positions, namely Pitre and Pickens.

I'm on board with and expecting a TE on day 2. Kelce is 33 years old. At some point, he's going to start slowing down a bit and we're going to start seeing diminishing returns. I don't know that it's this year but it's not far off. I don't think KC is in a good position to offset that with what they have behind him.

Best22 04-10-2022 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 16240545)
If the Chiefs stay put at their picks, this is a draft that could easily happen. I'd envision different players at the same positions, namely Pitre and Pickens.

I'm on board with and expecting a TE on day 2. Kelce is 33 years old. At some point, he's going to start slowing down a bit and we're going to start seeing diminishing returns. I don't know that it's this year but it's not far off. I don't think KC is in a good position to offset that with what they have behind him.

You also don’t need an elite TE to be good. Look at the Rams

But adding another TE would not only allow for us to get a future starting caliber player at the position (we currently have none behind Kelce) but a solid #2 TE would make our 2 and 3 TE sets alot more potent. It just adds another potential weapon for Mahomes which would be beneficial, especially if the WR we select winds up sucking

Bowser 04-10-2022 10:17 AM

This is a great mock from a person that doesn't have to draft for said team. This is like I sat down for five minutes looking at the roster and deciding I need to fill holes at positions A, B, and C. Veach is going to make some moves and draft some players that will make us all yell WTF when it happens, only to watch those moves and players work out for the Chiefs in the end. It's what he does.

Wisconsin_Chief 04-10-2022 10:40 AM

I can't see a guy like Watson falling to us anymore. After the recent run of WR contracts teams are going to start over-drafting them so they can have that 5 year cheap rookie deal.

Even if you have to reach a little the value is still way better in the draft than it is in free agency now. When guys like MVS are getting $10 million a year on the market, that position is going to start flying off draft boards at a much faster clip.

The Franchise 04-10-2022 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 16240545)

I fully expect a TE on day 2 of the draft but only one DE, and Jackson at that, makes this a horrible draft.

saphojunkie 04-10-2022 10:59 AM

Guys, this isn't Teicher drafting. It's Matt Miller. Teicher merely comments on it.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2022/i...s-seven-rounds

The Franchise 04-10-2022 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 16240587)
Guys, this isn't Teicher drafting. It's Matt Miller. Teicher merely comments on it.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2022/i...s-seven-rounds

That’s nice. But these draft analysts need to go back and look at the type of DE that Spags likes.

He’s drafted one DE under 260-265 lbs since he’s been here and that was Mike Danna. He has a type that he likes and Drake Jackson isn’t that type.

BossChief 04-10-2022 11:05 AM

Not a fan of this draft.

The Franchise 04-10-2022 11:09 AM

They always mock Daxton Hill because he’s the Mathieu replacement.
Watson is because of his height/weight/speed.
Oh they need a DE? Best one available no matter what!
Kelce is getting an old? Better give them two even though they have like 9 on the roster right now.
If they wanted to give us a speed RB then it should be Pierre Strong Jr. He’s got the best speed in the draft.

Rasputin 04-10-2022 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 16240473)
I'm not a fan of this draft.

Good thing because if it was good then the Chiefs would do opposite but as long as ESPN puts out shitty mock drafts for the Chiefs then the Chiefs will be in good shape and not do that.

DJ's left nut 04-10-2022 11:23 AM

I presume that stupid **** Teicher was part of this process?

If so, just wipe your ass with it and move along. A dozen different guys on this board could do that job better than he does, they just don’t feel like taking the pay cut.

kccrow 04-10-2022 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16240589)
That’s nice. But these draft analysts need to go back and look at the type of DE that Spags likes.

He’s drafted one DE under 260-265 lbs since he’s been here and that was Mike Danna. He has a type that he likes and Drake Jackson isn’t that type.

He showed up to his Pro Day at 273. At 6'3" and 34.25" arms, I'd say he probably does fit. He ran a 7.09 3-cone and 4.28 20-yd shuttle, both very respectable numbers, and with a tweaked hamstring that's kept him from running the 40. He had a 10'7" broad jump and 36.5" vertical at the Combine. We know he's got very good agility and great explosion. He's said he would like to play around 265. The only thing he doesn't have is really great height but I don't think it even matters because he's relatively high cut with long arms so he's going to have leverage on both fronts.

Jackson is an odd eval though. I like him quite a bit but the sack/pressure production wasn't where I would like it to be. What I like is his get-off, quickness, and bend. I think he needs some strength work and definitely technique work. But in the 2nd round, he's a guy I'd most definitely consider. I'm more enamored with Cam Thomas and Sam Williams in 2, especially at 50. That said, Jackson is a guy I'd almost certainly take if neither are there or at 62.

The one thing I 100% agree about is that he can't be your only stab at the spot. His bust potential is too high, or at least he may never be more than a marginal starter.

Otter 04-10-2022 11:35 AM

Pining for Christian Watson. :thumb:

Exactly what this offense needs but I was thinking 2nd round.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fJOzX3Zq-Mg" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>