ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life How many broken phones have you had? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=322393)

HemiEd 04-18-2019 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 14212072)
ROFL

Yeah I can relate, they don't float well. :hmmm:

Exactly. Since then the phone goes nowhere near the hot tub, especially when enjoying adult beverages. :D

ptlyon 04-18-2019 06:49 AM

My last phone died on Daytona Sunday. Wouldn't take a charge, which is bullshit. It's like they build them to expire.

That one was the new one from one that I laid on my truck tailgate and the GF went to close it. Slid back and right into the slot between the tailgate and the box. Crunch.

HemiEd 04-18-2019 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 14212077)
My cell phone death count would be a lot higher as well, but several years ago I started using the OtterBox Defender case. That move has saved me from many bonus trips to Verizon. I had one take a dive off a ladder at 10 feet, bounce off the concrete and it survived.

That is pretty impressive. I believe that is the case the Mrs. got for my new Pixel phone.

Bwana 04-18-2019 06:59 AM

[QUOTE=HemiEd;14212085]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 14212077)
My cell phone death count would be a lot higher as well, but several years ago I started using the OtterBox Defender case. That move has saved me from many bonus trips to Verizon. I had one take a dive off a ladder at 10 feet, bounce off the concrete and it survived.[/QUOTE]

That is pretty impressive. I believe that is the case the Mrs. got for my new Pixel phone.

I have had several drops that would have taken out phones, if I didn't have them in an OtterBox. The one time it didn't work, the phone landed face first on a rock. That would be the time I had to venture over to the cell phone repair outfit and have the screen replaced.

HayWire 04-18-2019 07:09 AM

I've broken one in the last twenty years and it was unfortunately intentional. I had an old razr flip phone and snapped it in half after getting into in argument with my ex-wife. I threw the top half in the yard and the bottom half on the porch.

I didn't find out until a half hour later that if you keep cussing your ex with just the bottom part laying near by that it still works

WhawhaWhat 04-18-2019 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 14212082)
My last phone died on Daytona Sunday. Wouldn't take a charge, which is bullshit. It's like they build them to expire.

"Planned obsolescence"

Apple and Samsung fined for deliberately slowing down phones

ptlyon 04-18-2019 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 14212111)

I somewhat remember that, 'cept mine was a Motorola

Shaid 04-18-2019 08:08 AM

None but I'm also only on my 3rd phone ever. Refused to get one until my job finally made me have to. I've had a phone for maybe 10 years or so now.

tooge 04-18-2019 08:12 AM

I've killed three with water. Dropped one into Shawnee Mission Park lake while fishing. Sat in a hot tub and forgot I had my phone in my pocket with the second one. Had one at the beach underneath a cooler in my backpack. One of my kids got a water out of the cooler and tilted it, allowing water to drip into my pack. Killed that one too.

oldman 04-18-2019 08:30 AM

I broke a lot of them in my previous life as a telephone installer. Roaches would get into wall phones and you had to either bang the phone on the ground to dislodge the little bastards, spray the snot out of the innards with bug spray, or risk them getting into your truck. Going into a new home, opening the box of a brand new phone to install, and having those asswipes crawl out was frowned upon.

BWillie 04-18-2019 08:39 AM

Once, ever. But many ppl i know break their screen once every 4 months. I don't understand.

Couch-Potato 04-18-2019 09:36 AM

all of em

ToxSocks 04-18-2019 09:39 AM

None. Knock on wood.

I have never broken a cell phone. Ever. I've had my current phone for about 3 years now and i don't even have a case for it.

ChiefBlueCFC 04-18-2019 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14212004)
I washed one in the washing machine once, like 12 years ago. It was a Motorola Krazr.

I had just got back from Afghanistan, and I was at a party in the bathroom and dropped my Krazr in the toilet (luckily there was nothing in it). Naturally it didn't work so I took it to Verizon the next day and it turned on when I was in the store. Got a new phone anyway but I loved that phone.

jd1020 04-18-2019 10:00 AM

First thing I do when getting my phone is put it in a slim as possible but protective case with a bumper and shell combo and put a tempered glass screen protector on it. Never broken a phone but I've had scratches and nicks on them from drops.

My last phone, LG G2, developed a dead space that went from side to side about half inch thick that would register touch, I guess it was typical for that phone. I just went onto Ebay and ordered a new digitizer and replaced it myself for $30. Couple years later it started acting up and would show only a very small display that would only let you use a weather widget and make emergency calls only. Not sure if it's because it eventually developed 2 cracks in the frame because you could temporarily fix the issue by bending the phone in a certain way, but it was 4 or 5 years old at that point and I just got a new phone. Probably still end up spending another $30 on a new digitizer with a frame to see if that fixes it and use it as a backup, still a pretty capable phone.