ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs After ‘kick in the pants,’ Chiefs’ O-line pledges to keep Mahomes cleaner on Friday (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316758)

Rain Man 08-12-2018 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 13672040)
Andy Heck has to be the worst o line coach in the league. Ok maybe Dungvers is worse...

Andy was the guy across from DT in the seven-sack game. I've always kind of wondered about the wisdom of having an offensive line coach who holds the record for most sacks yielded in a game when he was playing.

Simply Red 08-12-2018 08:31 PM

It's all vanilla - they don't wanna tip their hand - blah blah blah ...

http://i66.tinypic.com/mrrbjt.jpg

FloridaMan88 08-12-2018 08:31 PM

Atlanta looked terrible in their first preseason game so Friday will have some interesting urgency for a second preseason game.

Chiefshrink 08-12-2018 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13671948)
Hopefully Mahomes doesn't develop happy feet and lose his confidence in the pocket when he's running for his life all year

Texas Tech prevents this from happening.:D But your point well taken.:clap:

dlphg9 08-12-2018 09:03 PM

I hate the preseason. It means nothing, so I'm sure the starters don't give a shit about trying their hardest in a pointless game that has no effect on their lives or if they start or not.

Eleazar 08-12-2018 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMitch (Post 13671965)
Did you ever see any of his college games? Worst O-line in the country. He was the only thing keeping that team going.

He might have been able to run away from everyone on the defense in college but that's not going to work at the NFL level.

Chiefshrink 08-12-2018 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 13672266)
I hate the preseason. It means nothing, so I'm sure the starters don't give a shit about trying their hardest in a pointless game

I hate the pre-season as well BUT it does matter for mojo and chemistry "ESPECIALLY" with a new QB that you have to protect so that he doesn't get happy feet. 4 out of the 5 have played together for 3yrs now and all have been PAID and all have just played average in those 3yrs. Nothing like the lack of urgency in a talentless overpaid o-line that can ruin a talented new QB in a hurry.

IT DOES MATTER !!:shrug:

RealSNR 08-12-2018 09:47 PM

I’d be more encouraged if they said something besides “We’re just gonna continue to work and get better.”

That implies that you’re not going to change your approach. You’re just going to do more of the practice that led you to play like utter shit.

Change something. Say, “we’re gonna watch more film” or “we’re gonna really hammer fundamentals nonstop.”

Don’t just “Keep working hard.” You know who else is just going to keep working hard? The Texans defense and everybody else who will abuse Fisher and Erving this season

Chiefshrink 08-12-2018 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13672294)
I’d be more encouraged if they said something besides “We’re just gonna continue to work and get better.”

That implies that you’re not going to change your approach. You’re just going to do more of the practice that led you to play like utter shit.

Change something. Say, “we’re gonna watch more film” or “we’re gonna really hammer fundamentals nonstop.”

Don’t just “Keep working hard.” You know who else is just going to keep working hard? The Texans defense and everybody else who will abuse Fisher and Erving this season

So are you worried about our o-line and 2ndary yet?

Simply Red 08-12-2018 09:51 PM

Quote:

Eric Fisher and O-Line fierce strike next week.

Chiefshrink 08-12-2018 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13672270)
He might have been able to run away from everyone on the defense in college but that's not going to work at the NFL level.

True.

JakeF 08-12-2018 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13672053)
Andy Heck did a great job with LDT. He’s also done a great job with Morse (when he’s healthy). He also did a great job with Fulton.

Fisher is who he is and Erving should not be a starting OL, ever.

Sorry but LG is on Veach and Dorsey.

Heck was also in charge of our offensive line when they couldn't handle stunts for 2 or 3 years straight. It seems like under Heck our offensive line develops slowly and lacks polish. We can't blame poor offensive line play on Alex Smith anymore.

RealSNR 08-12-2018 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 13672296)
So are you worried about our o-line and 2ndary yet?

I would be fine if they’d just do the responsible thing and bench ****ing Erving. He was NEVER in my assessment of the ability of the OL.

The secondary was never something I was confident about. I DID say, however, that we were better at CB than safety. That definitely appears to be the case. We have a few corners who can kind of play meh. We have exactly ONE safety, and now he’s bound for another Achilles tear apparently.

We REALLY need Eric Reid. I wish Clark wasn’t a ****ing asshole and would just tell Veach to ****ing sign him.

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-12-2018 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13672221)
Andy was the guy across from DT in the seven-sack game. I've always kind of wondered about the wisdom of having an offensive line coach who holds the record for most sacks yielded in a game when he was playing.

You'd think he would have changed his name to Andy God****ingdammit after that game.

-King- 08-12-2018 10:40 PM

Quote:

Lol watch film in preseason?

The clearly thought Texans would play extra vanilla like they did. Obviously they were wrong but they don't really need to change anything. Just take preseason a little more seriously.
Posted via Mobile Device