ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Surprise make the team or gets cut thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315852)

bsp4444 06-17-2018 05:13 PM

Akeem Hunt

Then signed

Then cut

And so on

Simply Red 06-17-2018 05:39 PM

I find UDFA Jordan Stearns a good player to discuss.

ct 06-17-2018 05:49 PM

i suspect there will be a lot of unexpected guys at the bottom of the 53

Cut: Jehu Chesson
Make: Gehrig Dieter

Cut: Leon McQuay
Make: Jordan Stearns

Other guys that could make it - Pringle, Springs, Redmond, Darrel Williams

Guys that really wont be a surprise if cut - West, Sorenson, McGloin, probably mcquay also.

Jewish Rabbi 06-17-2018 06:06 PM

I would be surprised if Mahomes gets cut.

Beef Supreme 06-17-2018 06:09 PM

I thought the thread title was surprise cuts. Everyone listing dudes who are either damned likely to get cut or on the bubble. One person mentioned Morse, that seems in the spirit.

ChiefGator 06-17-2018 06:10 PM

I think Zombo gets pushed out just by the numbers game.. we have too many young talented LBers and plenty of young good special teamers.

Hog's Gone Fishin 06-17-2018 06:15 PM

CJ Spiller

Signed
Cut
signed
Cut
Signed
Cut
Signed
Cut

BossChief 06-17-2018 07:59 PM

Bailey and Sorsenson.

Chiefs Moon 06-17-2018 08:07 PM

Sherman. Also predicting a trade with Cleveland. A couple of our cuts (Sorenson, Sherman, Zombo, Chesson, etc...) get packaged for late round draft pick(s).

Titty Meat 06-17-2018 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13596787)
Bailey and Sorsenson.

Nah hes here 1 more year

chiefzilla1501 06-17-2018 11:53 PM

I'll go against the grain and say that Sorensen stays, Murray goes.

I don't love how the Sorensen cap situation is broken down. We save ~$3.5M of which $2M is due next year instead of this year. We still have to pay that. So really we're saving about $1.5M? With all the dead money I'd rather play him and cut him after the year. Without Sorensen, Murray would probably play a decent # of subpackages and I'd rather keep Murray off the field. Sorensen was solid a few years ago next to Berry. He's the favorite to be the #3 Safety with O'Daniel getting plenty of playing time in subpackages.

If Murray doesn't improve from last year, I can't see them picking him over Golden for a roster spot.

Halfcan 06-18-2018 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ct (Post 13596712)
i suspect there will be a lot of unexpected guys at the bottom of the 53

Cut: Jehu Chesson
Make: Gehrig Dieter

Cut: Leon McQuay
Make: Jordan Stearns

Other guys that could make it - Pringle, Springs, Redmond, Darrel Williams

Guys that really wont be a surprise if cut - West, Sorenson, McGloin, probably mcquay also.

Excellent list! Spot on IMO. Dieter has been catching everything thrown his way and is reportedly Mahomes closest friend on the team. Chesson has not shown too much- he is going to have to ball out during the preseason.

McQuay has never really done much. When you watch the Sterns highlight video it really shows what the secondary has been lacking back there. Murray is gone too. He is a poor tackler and average in coverage.

It is time to cut bench riders like Hulk Bailey and get some cheaper, younger talent in there. Hulk has been more like Bruce Banner and unless he had an infusion of Gamma rays in the offseason, I don't see how he makes the club.

Not sure how DAT makes it, but they resigned him, so I guess he is safe?

With Harris's pot troubles and stone hands, I hoped someone would step up and take his spot. The Chiefs have been very quiet on the subject, so I guess that is a nod for support?

Either West or Ware gets cut or traded, maybe both since we signed every RB named Williams in the phonebook.

Zombo- Gone.

Morse- probably stays over Erving if he is healthy.

carcosa 06-18-2018 08:53 AM

Frank Zombo is 31, which means he's literally older than the Earth. He's gone.

chiefzilla1501 06-18-2018 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 13597025)
Excellent list! Spot on IMO. Dieter has been catching everything thrown his way and is reportedly Mahomes closest friend on the team. Chesson has not shown too much- he is going to have to ball out during the preseason.

McQuay has never really done much. When you watch the Sterns highlight video it really shows what the secondary has been lacking back there. Murray is gone too. He is a poor tackler and average in coverage.

It is time to cut bench riders like Hulk Bailey and get some cheaper, younger talent in there. Hulk has been more like Bruce Banner and unless he had an infusion of Gamma rays in the offseason, I don't see how he makes the club.

With Harris's pot troubles and stone hands, I hoped someone would step up and take his spot. The Chiefs have been very quiet on the subject, so I guess that is a nod for support?

Either West or Ware gets cut or traded, maybe both since we signed every RB named Williams in the phonebook.

Zombo- Gone.

Id be shocked if DAT leaves. The Chiefs seemed very interested in signing a slot receiver and it didn't work out. They need a replacement for Albert Wilson. I'd rather have tyreek go vertical, and less gadget plays and jet sweeps. Kareem hunt isn't fast enough to do sprint plays, which will be fantastic in air raid. DAT seems to me like a stopgap more than anything. But he has a role.

Hydrae 06-18-2018 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 13597025)

Zombo- Gone.

Chesson is our special teams ace so I do not expect him to go anywhere even if he is not really counted against the WR positions.