ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Had anyone tried Pack Up & Go trips? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315042)

DaFace 04-22-2018 01:46 PM

Never done it, but I'm intrigued by it. Keep us posted how it goes!

IA_Chiefs_fan 04-22-2018 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 13527072)
Never done it, but I'm intrigued by it. Keep us posted how it goes!

Will do. One thing that makes it really cool is they will plan trips for two people to meet up, coming from different locations.

Hopefully this whole thing isn't a ploy to harvest my organs.

Otter 04-22-2018 02:10 PM

Kind of reminds me of this Family Guy clip:</br></br> <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XnrIn12_Uxk" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BryanBusby 04-22-2018 02:13 PM

Wire me 4k and I'll get you a trip you'll never remember

IA_Chiefs_fan 04-22-2018 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13527111)
Wire me 4k and I'll get you a trip you'll never remember

:hmmm:

Coochie liquor 04-22-2018 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan (Post 13526975)
I agree that it's totally risky. I'm not great at planning trips. My wife is but I wanted to make it easy on her this time. We did fill out a survey with our interests & hobbies so hopefully they apply that info.

I think 4K is what we are paying for a week at Sandals in Jamaica with a Butler Suite, including airfare. It’s all inclusive meals and drinks too. Seems you could get a better vacation for the price, but up to you obviously.

dlphg9 04-22-2018 02:29 PM

I could get you better for 3k guarantee it buddy.

KChiefs1 04-22-2018 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan (Post 13526935)
https://www.packupgo.com/

I'm not a very spontaneous guy. I like to plan everything out. However, for our 22nd anniversary I booked us a three day trip in June with a total budget of 4k.

Just wondering if anyone has been on one of these or knows someone who has.

You’ll be my guinea pig.

DaFace 04-22-2018 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 13527139)
I could get you better for 3k guarantee it buddy.

You people focused on the price of this are missing the point.

BryanBusby 04-22-2018 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 13527162)

Yeah, we sure do.

TimBone 04-22-2018 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 13527132)
I think 4K is what we are paying for a week at Sandals in Jamaica with a Butler Suite, including airfare. It’s all inclusive meals and drinks too. Seems you could get a better vacation for the price, but up to you obviously.

I don't think you can say that for sure. I know you enjoy Jamaica, but there are vacations in the US well worth the money he's paying. Even for only three days. I say we wait for the man to report back before coming to a verdict.

I'm intrigued by the idea. The wife and I have been in a pretty steady cycle of vacationing to Texas (to visit my family), California (to visit her family), and Kansas City (because Chiefs and BBQ). I'm contemplating blowing off a couple of those trips, and giving this plan a whirl.

IA_Chiefs_fan 04-22-2018 03:26 PM

These trips can be booked for as little as $650 per person IIRC. I just threw out 2k per person because I said screw it, it's only money and I'll make more tomorrow. I just want a great time with the love of my life.

Also, I work a lot and it is hard for me to get away for more than one or two consecutive weekdays. So I'd rather take a three day trip than a longer trip.

Part of the excitement is the unknown and possibly introducing you to areas or things that you never thought about exploring before. I have no doubt that proper planning could have got us trip that would likely be a better value than what we'll get. I wasn't looking for value; I was looking for something new and different. As I said earlier, hopefully that new and different doesn't include my organs being harvested :-)

I have no idea if I'll feel like I got a raw deal or not. I fully admit I'm nervous but you only live once I guess.

loochy 04-22-2018 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13527167)
Yeah, we sure do.

It's about surprise and convenience. You pay and tell the dates you want and you fill out a short preference survey. That's it. The nice thing in my wife's case is that they coordinated all of the arrangements for all 3 ladies in different cities to arrive at the same time.

JoeyChuckles 04-22-2018 03:41 PM

So this is like the anti-RainMan trip.

dlphg9 04-22-2018 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 13527162)

Just trying to make some money bro. I'm gonna send him to E. STL. That's alot of cash for some hookers and blow.