ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Items you like and bought in the past, no longer available. What to do? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314862)

BucEyedPea 04-12-2018 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 13513367)
It feeds the need to always make people want something new.

Well, I bet it pisses more people off than it pleases. I know it does me.

Quote:

Your issues are not just you. I am picky. I look at a lot of things before I decide. And things that I like cannot be found after 6 months.
I wait in order to look around too and this happens.

Quote:

Buy as many as you can if you like it. It won't be around next month.
Started doing this now but it's front loads all your costs if you have to do it for more than one thing.

BucEyedPea 04-12-2018 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13513393)
Jalapenis mustard is hard to find!

I wonder if it even exists. Seems like you can make this one at home for a DIY project. :D

BucEyedPea 04-12-2018 08:57 AM

Land's End had a really unique blouse that was perfect professionally. Saw it in the catalog they send me; headed over and it was no where. I asked if they could get it or if online. Nope! All sold out. Said items are online before catalog is even out. I just don't go online first. It's browsing through their catalog that piques my interest in an item. First time this happened.

I tried ebay and it wasn't there either.

I still want it.

BucEyedPea 04-12-2018 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 13513362)

My luck with Ebay has been crappy the last few times and so much I've seen was "Imperfect" or "Defect" clothing pulled from regular stores or used crap or as advertised.

That's what I found with Ebay.

Only thing I saw on Ebay that was decent was a bed comforter from Pottery Barn, at same sale price PB sells it for and which is still available on PB.

I love Pottery Barn for home goods.

listopencil 04-12-2018 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13513393)
Jalapenis mustard is hard to find!

https://honest-food.net/how-to-make-mustard-2/

ptlyon 04-12-2018 09:03 AM

You just can't buy that good old corrosive antifreeze anymore...

SuperBowl4 04-12-2018 09:03 AM

You might be suffering from PPD. Post Purchase Disorder.

BucEyedPea 04-12-2018 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 13513409)

I asked for a spice grinder from my daughter, when she asked for ideas on what I would like for Christmas, for this reason. Freshly ground spices, then toasting certain ones to release the flavors. Just heaven!

I have a bunch of mustard seeds now and gonna make my own honey mustard dressing for a really fresh flavor. Ooo-la!la!

Gonna use if for other spices in other recipes too. Things like allspice berries. Got the small batch one because I won't be doing big batches but per recipe for freshest ingredients.

Simply Red 04-12-2018 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 13513409)

that's sweet of you - thank you.

Bugeater 04-12-2018 09:15 AM

Lead based paint, DDT, R12 refrigerant.

Baby Lee 04-12-2018 09:29 AM

Trader Joe's Kung Pao bowls

listopencil 04-12-2018 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 13513426)
I asked for a spice grinder from my daughter, when she asked for ideas on what I would like for Christmas, for this reason. Freshly ground spices, then toasting certain ones to release the flavors. Just heaven!

I have a bunch of mustard seeds now and gonna make my own honey mustard dressing for a really fresh flavor. Ooo-la!la!

Gonna use if for other spices in other recipes too. Things like allspice berries. Got the small batch one because I won't be doing big batches but per recipe for freshest ingredients.

Sounds great. When I was still making gigantic Thanksgiving/Xmas dinners I enjoyed making the glaze for the ham. It always started with brown sugar and stone ground mustard. I bet a spice grinder would have done wonders for it.

listopencil 04-12-2018 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13513429)
that's sweet of you - thank you.

No problem. If you end up making jalapeno mustard let us know how it turns out. Sounds really good.

BlackHelicopters 04-12-2018 09:35 AM

Tart n Tinys now available. They were gone for decades.

SuperChief 04-12-2018 09:42 AM

I'm pretty sure Doritos changed their taco-flavored chips recipe in the last 5-10 years, and it's a GD disgrace. I went to make taco salad (with Dorothy Lynch, because duh) and BAM - disgust.