ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs among 13 teams present to watch Manziel throw at San Diego's pro day (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314568)

Nickhead 03-23-2018 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 13484299)
No it wouldnt have, it would have been the same. Especially because he's bi polar. Hell, Andy lost his own son that was ****ed up, think he was going to get through to Johnny? come on now.

i didn't want to be the one to point this out, but uhemm, you are not wrong. :D

PunkinDrublic 03-23-2018 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 13484298)
well it was obvious something was wrong with him. You can do or say all the right things, but its not easy for someone to say, hey, im ****ign bipolar. Just have to wait and see. i hope he did get shit going in the right direction. I could give a **** if he plays football. I rather see the man get over his issues.

It’s easy to say if you’re desperate enough for a second chance. He was a spoiled brat rich kid who happened to be a hellova college football player. I’m not buying it. IMO he’s telling people what they want to hear to try and get another shot in the NFL.

Chiefs Moon 03-23-2018 04:23 AM

He's not worth the risk. But I understand the desire to have him work with Reid for a year and, if all goes well, trade him.

Easy 6 03-23-2018 04:36 AM

I'd guess these clubs are hearing good things from their sources about the sincerity of this comeback attempt, or they wouldnt even bother to show up

If he is for real, it would be an inexpensive and out of the box way to acquire a young, first round talent on the cheap... that said, would this guy really have the patience to be a 3rd stringer for an indefinite period of time? Or is he hoping to be The Man sooner rather than later?

Gravedigger 03-23-2018 05:14 AM

Better than Henne.

Red Dawg 03-23-2018 05:28 AM

Hell no. He's not a good pro talent and a dumbass. Kap would be a better option.

Brooklyn 03-23-2018 05:37 AM

Big no to Johnny Football. It’s all an act to get one more, though not for NFL standards, big payday. Dude washed out of the league and if you think he can get a 6 figure salary anywhere else then I’ve got this here bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. If he can con 1 team into giving him a chance it’s probably for league min, which is more than he’d earn the whole next decade scanning toilet paper at the Walmart checkout line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldman 03-23-2018 05:47 AM

I'll pass, we've already had 1 too many wacko 3rd string QBs. I'm in agreement that we should just look for a late round or UDFA for a 3rd. I'd even consider bringing back some other QB we cut in favor of Bray

KChiefs1 03-23-2018 06:27 AM

Chiefs among 13 teams present to watch Manziel throw at San Diego's pro day

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 13484282)
Manziel seemed to have gotten his issues straightened out and is still working on them, seen a good video on him not to long ago. Hope Johnny keeps it up!

If he is smart, he will sign with the Chiefs just to get Andy Reid’s stamp of approval so he can make the big bucks with another team.

Say what you want about Andy but QB’s who tutelage under him seem to have value to other NFL teams.

Mile High Mania 03-23-2018 06:29 AM

I get the interests... but, I just cannot imagine a team signing this guy. I'd rather have Kap.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-23-2018 07:02 AM

So, technically he's available ,right . Anyone can just sign him?

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-23-2018 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 13484350)
I get the interests... but, I just cannot imagine a team signing this guy. I'd rather have Kap.

Broncos would have been a better team with him last year. Well, EVERY year since HGH left.

KC_Lee 03-23-2018 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13484380)
Broncos would have been a better team with him last year. Well, EVERY year since HGH left.

What if KC is there just to troll Denver into signing him? That would be some funny stuff right there.

Frazod 03-23-2018 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 13484350)

Yeah, I’d rather you had him, too. :)

B_Ambuehl 03-23-2018 07:26 AM

He's potentially too good of a QB to come here when you have a young QB yet to establish himself. Remember he didn't get run out of cleveland for bad play, he was an ascending young big play guy. He got run off for off the field stuff. Get a couple slapdick UDFA camp arms but Johny football is too dangerous to come to K.C. What happens if Mahomes has a bad preseason game and Johny Football comes in and lights up the 4th quarter?