ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Ten things about my day today. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312036)

Molitoth 12-03-2017 10:10 PM

Oops I voted wrong. Skewed poll.
Meant to say #3 was the most interesting.

Refs in the NFL are ruining it for me.

RJ 12-03-2017 10:39 PM

I have a hard time watching NFL games these days. The penalties, the politics, the pseud--celebrations........on a plus note, my Sundays are more productive.

TLO 12-03-2017 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 13260275)
Oops I voted wrong. Skewed poll.
Meant to say #3 was the most interesting.

Refs in the NFL are ruining it for me.

You know what's ruining the NFL for me?

Mediocre Chiefs teams

TimBone 12-03-2017 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13260122)
9. If I was to get signed by the Chiefs as a kick returner, I'd field kickoffs in the end zone and kneel. So I, as a 50+ male, would be an actual, honest to god upgrade to the Chiefs' kickoff return team, because my average field position would be the 25 yard line.

I'm with you completely here, but what's your plan the first time a kick falls short of the end zone?

TimBone 12-03-2017 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13260243)
Agreed. I had never seen anything like the Raiders game. Now I've seen it twice. /shoots self in head.

The particularly annoying thing about the Raiders fiasco is that they tossed all those flags leading up to the final play, and then just let Crabtree push off for his TD catch....very frustrating. I wouldn't blame anyone who tuned out for the season after that.

cosmo20002 12-03-2017 11:33 PM

Quote:

3. The NFL needs to solve this whole "penalties decide the game" problem. Do we ever have a touchdown where we don't all look around for flags before we even think to celebrate?

Not committing penalties would be the solution.

Having refs ignore holding and PI in the end zone is really not a good solution.

bevischief 12-03-2017 11:44 PM

Not Sutton can't be any worse.

gold_and_red 12-03-2017 11:49 PM

Quote:

3. The NFL needs to solve this whole "penalties decide the game" problem. Do we ever have a touchdown where we don't all look around for flags before we even think to celebrate?

Timing of the penalties is everything. How can the human eye consistently tell what a penalty and what is not in a game as fast as the NFL? In a game where the difference between W and L is literally a handful of plays the refs have a huge influence on the outcome.
Offensive holding by linemen, defensive holding by DBs and DPI are too easy to call on any play. It drives me nuts when they are called at the most inopportune moments.
One easy fix would be to eliminate those penalties altogether after the two minute warning in a one score game. Just let the damn players play when the game is on the line!!
In general any rule that does not directly affect player safety should be eliminated or at worst moderated. Enforce helmet to helmet, horse collar and roughing the passer, thats it.

Bob Dole 12-04-2017 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold_and_red (Post 13260449)
Timing of the penalties is everything. How can the human eye consistently tell what a penalty and what is not in a game as fast as the NFL? In a game where the difference between W and L is literally a handful of plays the refs have a huge influence on the outcome.
Offensive holding by linemen, defensive holding by DBs and DPI are too easy to call on any play. It drives me nuts when they are called at the most inopportune moments.
One easy fix would be to eliminate those penalties altogether after the two minute warning in a one score game. Just let the damn players play when the game is on the line!!
In general any rule that does not directly affect player safety should be eliminated or at worst moderated. Enforce helmet to helmet, horse collar and roughing the passer, thats it.

But then a team couldn't get 10 plays inside the 10.

Danguardace 12-04-2017 01:33 AM

Logan penalty is the type that makes me suspect refs are betting on games. Did absolutely nothing wrong, in fact did the same on every extra point. Lined up on the Left Guard crashed over to the right Guard.

gold_and_red 12-04-2017 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danguardace (Post 13260484)
Logan penalty is the type that makes me suspect refs are betting on games. Did absolutely nothing wrong, in fact did the same on every extra point. Lined up on the Left Guard crashed over to the right Guard.

The penalties are way too subjective and crew based. It is hard to take a result seriously. For once I would like a HC to come out and say that his team got hosed by the refs.
I did not see Chiefs players and coaches arguing with the refs about the Logan penalty. They seemed resigned to their fates of yet another loss. They should have been absolutely livid, that was for the sole lead of the AFCW right there. One more reason why the team is soft and will never win a SB with Reid.

TinyEvel 12-04-2017 02:39 AM

Did you get naked in public and put Bandaids on your nipples?

Molitoth 12-04-2017 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold_and_red (Post 13260449)

Well, you cannot eliminate penalties altogether, that would be chaos...

However, you could ALLOW CHALLENGES of penalties.

So the game ends up being 15 minutes longer... who gives a shit if the outcome is fair.

gblowfish 12-04-2017 07:50 AM

These ten thing lists are annoying.

oldman 12-04-2017 08:33 AM

I am surprised that there are 29 posts and no one has posted "pics or it didn't happen" about item 6. Even more surprised there isn't a question about her take on PIIHB.