ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Patrick Mahomes Question Looms Large as Alex Smith Continues to Struggle (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311680)

Ming the Merciless 11-20-2017 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 13228621)
The only way Mahomes sees the field this year is if we fall to 9 losses

The leash is MUCH shorter than that. If we lose to the bills due to poor offense....thats it....i m o

RippedmyFlesh 11-20-2017 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 13228608)
¿Can you run hail mary on 1st and 10 an your own 20?

With Mahomes it would be fun to watch.

Gravedigger 11-20-2017 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 13228631)
The leash is MUCH shorter than that. If we lose to the bills due to poor offense....thats it....i m o

Once the attendance starts to drop below the normal November/December threshold, you'll see a change. Luckily not alot of people will want to go out to the games just because of the lackluster matchups.

lcarus 11-20-2017 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 13228631)

I wish I could believe that. But I feel pretty damn sure as long as we're in the division lead they're gonna play this shit out. I pray I'm wrong. If we lose to Buffalo and the offense puts up 10 pts...I mean for ****s sake the Giants loss should be the end!

ARROW2 11-20-2017 10:44 AM

Mutha****as admit we ain't going nowhere with Alex but want to stick with him? WHAT ****ING SENSE DOES THAT MAKE? Just to argue with MY ASS and you want to be right? You stupid as a mutha****a. Quit being a little bitch and admit the truth. **** your little personal feeling towards me. MAN UP!!!!

WhiteWhale 11-20-2017 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegame214 (Post 13228602)
Same here.

People think the gimmick plays are just Andy being crazy.

Its because he has to hide Alex's flaws.

Watch McNabb/Vick/ Garcia hell even Kolb and you'll see an entirely different offense

It's what I said all day after the game.

Wentz and Goff are doing more drop-back-and-read-the-defense than Alex. Even when KC was thriving early they only called 10 or 15 drop back passes per game. Less than half of his pass attempts required him to read the defense.

Drop back
Shuffle
Shuffle
Scramble/sack

That's Alex's cover 2 breaker. Panic and run. Teams are demanding Alex beat them with drop back quarterbacking, and he can't even whip the Giants or Cowboys bad defenses.

Tribal Warfare 11-20-2017 11:00 AM

As I said before PMII is Chase Daniel 2.0 in Andy's mind and he'll ride it out with Alex unless he gets injured then Mahomes will get his chance. Furthermore, next season is when our Christmas present will be unwrapped in the form of PMII wearing #5 as his jersey .

WhiteWhale 11-20-2017 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13228693)
As I said before PMII is Chase Daniel 2.0 in Andy's mind and he'll ride it out with Alex unless he gets injured then Mahomes will get his chance. Furthermore, next season is when our Christmas present will be unwrapped in the form of PMII wearing #5 as his jersey .

There is no way in which comparing Mahomes to Chase Daniel makes any sense.

Tribal Warfare 11-20-2017 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13228700)
There is no way in which comparing Mahomes to Chase Daniel makes any sense.

There is if he is the last alternative. ANDY will avoid starting Pat as if it was death itself. Next season will be Mahomes' time to shine

gold_and_red 11-20-2017 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13228596)
I just watched the Cowboys and Giants game again (I'm off all week).

The offense is sputtering bc of Alex. Andy can't cover his flaws up any longer. We started hot because teams didn't have film on us and didn't know how to stop the new shovel pass and RPO option plays. Now everyone has tape of it bc it's been copied, as well as the Steelers setting the blueprint.

Andy must be exhausted trying to come up with gimmick plays and wrinkles bc his QB can't succeed with basic play calls.

And he has realized this only after 4 years? I would have brought in some real QB competition through FA or the draft immediately following the 2014 season where we choked our way out of the playoffs without a single WR TD. Instead the moronic trifecta of Hunt, Dorsey and Reid reward Alex with an extension because Chiefs!

chiefzilla1501 11-20-2017 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13228693)

For this year, yes.

There is no doubt about the timing. The Chiefs have the opportunity to dump Alexs contract with minimal penalty. Barring an elite playoff performance, this is undoubtedly Alexs last season with the Chiefs. Saving $16m especially given our cap situation is a very very big deal.

Red Dawg 11-20-2017 11:31 AM

Fans get screwed by Andy all year. That's my predicyion.

ARROW2 11-20-2017 12:43 PM

http://www.nbcsports.com/video/kansa...atrick-mahomes

Best22 11-20-2017 12:49 PM

Benching Alex now is premature. Allow him to have one more bad start, then pull him. Reid has to know the temperature of the team: he doesn't want to lose them or anger veterans yet. But if Alex starts poorly against the Bills, no one will be able to question it. By then Alex's trade value would be irretrievably lost.

It's all about calculating the right time to make the move. It won't be for Alex's sake, it will all be about doing what's best for the team now and in the future

So let Alex start next week. It will give Reid enough evidence to make the change. And yes, it will happen if this continues. Reid won't stand to get embarrassed by Smith

Best22 11-20-2017 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold_and_red (Post 13228715)
And he has realized this only after 4 years? I would have brought in some real QB competition through FA or the draft immediately following the 2014 season where we choked our way out of the playoffs without a single WR TD. Instead the moronic trifecta of Hunt, Dorsey and Reid reward Alex with an extension because Chiefs!

2014 Alex wins that game vs NYG

What we are seeing is a man in regression