ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football NFL Possibly considering forcing Chargers to Move Back to San Diego? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310276)

sd4chiefs 09-22-2017 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eureka (Post 13096552)
Chargers belong in SD. Hopefully they can come to a deal about building a new stadium. Is Qualcom really that bad?

Yes, Qualcomm is a sh*t hole and San Diego will never approve a new stadium unless the owner and the NFL pays for it.

BlackHelicopters 09-22-2017 01:44 PM

****ed up mess. Is the NFL trying to alienate fans? Going to any stadium is a nightmare. That's why we have big screens.

Why Not? 09-22-2017 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 13096557)
Yes. It's a complete shithole.

Only stadium I've ever been in where I had honest concern that it may collapse on me.

Tribal Warfare 09-22-2017 02:02 PM

NFL,pulling their iteration of SOC

NWTF 09-22-2017 02:14 PM

I dont think placing them back in San Diego will work. Not that the NFL wouldnt attempt it, but I dont think they will be welcomed.

You now have the Rams in LA, and the Raiders soon to be in LV which are both more popular and better draws than the Chargers. The Raiders already had a lot of fans in San Diego. I dont think theres enough fan support for the Chargers in So Cal.

Maybe they will become the London team the NFL wants by 2020.

Shag 09-22-2017 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWTF (Post 13096621)
I dont think placing them back in San Diego will work. Not that the NFL wouldnt attempt it, but I dont think they will be welcomed.

You now have the Rams in LA, and the Raiders soon to be in LV which are both more popular and better draws than the Chargers. The Raiders already had a lot of fans in San Diego. I dont think theres enough fan support for the Chargers in So Cal.

Maybe they will become the London team the NFL wants by 2020.

Nah, with a new owner, and an owner-funded stadium, SD would welcome the Chargers back with open arms.

DJ's left nut 09-22-2017 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 13096529)
The Chargers failed to sell out their temporary home, the 27,000-seat StubHub Center, in their home opener last Sunday. Banks wrote at The Athletic the NFL is shocked by how quickly things have gone south for the Chargers in L.A. As the Rams struggle to draw fans to the L.A. Coliseum, Banks said the NFL does not want the bad "optics" of empty stadiums for three years before the Rams and Chargers are scheduled to move into a new Inglewood stadium in 2020.

Oh like hell they are.

They're just worried that the league's already getting a bit of a rep as a 'waning' property and they don't want television audiences seeing a 1/2 stadium only 1/2 full.

They knew full well that the Chargers were ****ed, they just didn't care because they were fired up about that sweet, sweet relocation fee. And when all is said and done, they'll only let Spanos out of it (to go back to a spurned and furious city) if they think they're about to get waxed in the next round of TV rights agreements and this may somehow salvage those.

It won't. They won't. The genie is out of the bottle here, IMO.

TinyEvel 09-22-2017 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sd4chiefs (Post 13096577)
Yes, Qualcomm is a sh*t hole and San Diego will never approve a new stadium unless the owner and the NFL pays for it.

This befuddles me. I've been to QC several times over the last decade (Though not in the past 5 years) and never really thought of it as decrepit.

I mean, you park, you walk in, you sit down, watch football, drink, piss, repeat. What's so bad about it?

I mean, the new arrowhead is fine. The club level is really nice. I guess they don't have that there? They should just sell the team to someone who's not a dick?

BTW after living in LA my whole life I can firsthand confirm everyone's comments about us being a non-loyal sports town. Too much to do, and most people from other places.

Spott 09-22-2017 02:24 PM

Just send them to St Louis so KC can get an extra home game every year.

2bikemike 09-22-2017 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sd4chiefs (Post 13096577)

^ This right here!

bsp4444 09-22-2017 02:38 PM

M

BigRedChief 09-22-2017 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 13096628)
BTW after living in LA my whole life I can firsthand confirm everyone's comments about us being a non-loyal sports town. Too much to do, and most people from other places.

some of this is true in Florida. Mainly baseball because there is 162 games. Too much to do down here to commit to that many games.

gblowfish 09-22-2017 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 13096583)
Only stadium I've ever been in where I had honest concern that it may collapse on me.

Did you ever go to the old Pile High? That stadium was built like a tinkertoy. The metal stands would bounce up and down. Scared the shit outta me.

vailpass 09-22-2017 02:56 PM

St. Louis Chargers

MahomesMagic 09-22-2017 02:57 PM

Good, glad to see the LA money grab failing.