ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Studio Got Scared of Nic Cage's Superman Movie (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310014)

Baby Lee 09-13-2017 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 13078049)
I love that story every time I watch it. I still remember the first time I watched it and he mentioned WWW and my first thought was "that stupid ass spider" ROFL

I know I LOOOOOVED them in my college years when I first caught them in syndication, but has anyone watched recently to know if Wild Wild West and Black Sheep Squadron hold up today as series?

Demonpenz 09-13-2017 08:15 AM

so i thought www was for www.webcrawler.com which had a spider. Baas baaaa black sheep may hold up because it was based on real things. It isn't like Airwolf when string hides behind the moon the comes out of no where to block A tom chambers jump shot

DJ's left nut 09-13-2017 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13078232)
I know I LOOOOOVED them in my college years when I first caught them in syndication, but has anyone watched recently to know if Wild Wild West and Black Sheep Squadron hold up today as series?

I watched the Black Sheep Squadron a few years ago and remember thinking that it looked pretty bad. The stock footage, especially when they would re-use it fairly frequently, sure didn't seem as badass as it did when I was a kid.

By contrast, 'The Flying Leathernecks'; a John Wayne flick bankrolled by Howard Hughes, still holds up pretty damn well.

siberian khatru 09-13-2017 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13078232)

I've watched WWW in recent months on either CoziTV or MeTV, can't remember which. I enjoyed it as much as when I was a kid.

BSS I grew tired of about midway through the first season on its first run when I was 10, in large part for the stock footage as previously mentioned, so I doubt I'd be much of a fan today.

Dayze 09-13-2017 07:50 PM

Awesome videos.

Great story telling and great payoff.

OldSchool 09-13-2017 10:55 PM

Lol, great story with K. Smith.

Baby Lee 09-14-2017 01:34 PM

If you guys like Smith's monologues, here's him breaking down Bruce Willis

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TD6xszSHWhQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fire Me Boy! 09-14-2017 01:52 PM

I'm not a huge fan of his work, but he's a helluva in-person storyteller.

Baby Lee 09-14-2017 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13080605)
I'm not a huge fan of his work, but he's a helluva in-person storyteller.

Yeah, he's pretty much come to the same conclusion.

He's brutally honest that his movies, particularly nowadays, are for his own amusement and his podcasting and live shows are where his passion lies.

And man does he talk, . . . I mean, these clips from shows where he gives monologues to a paying audience are one thing, but he'll podcast about anything. His 'Smod'-iverse [named because he started podcasting with filmaking partner Scott Moser, S-M-odcasts . . . ] covers everything from getting Mewes sober [literally, so long as Mewes stayed clean Kevin would show up and podcast antics between the two of them], to him getting a clergy license and officiating marriages, to talking with childhood friends about antics growing up in Jersey, to gabbing about Hollywood news [Hollywood Babbleon], to just sitting with Moser in his home office, smoking a bowl and talking about life.

There was a point a few years back where he was participating in 12-15 hours of content a week.

Not all of it is gripping [and I haven't sampled a whole lot of it], but he always has his conversational style.

Bowser 09-14-2017 03:22 PM

His reaction videos suck. Someone needs to tell him to film himself reacting on camera AS he watches whatever it is he's reacting to.

/nitpick rant

Direckshun 09-14-2017 03:34 PM

Totally agree, Bowser. WTF is the point.

lcarus 09-18-2017 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13080630)
Yeah, he's pretty much come to the same conclusion.

He's brutally honest that his movies, particularly nowadays, are for his own amusement and his podcasting and live shows are where his passion lies.

And man does he talk, . . . I mean, these clips from shows where he gives monologues to a paying audience are one thing, but he'll podcast about anything. His 'Smod'-iverse [named because he started podcasting with filmaking partner Scott Moser, S-M-odcasts . . . ] covers everything from getting Mewes sober [literally, so long as Mewes stayed clean Kevin would show up and podcast antics between the two of them], to him getting a clergy license and officiating marriages, to talking with childhood friends about antics growing up in Jersey, to gabbing about Hollywood news [Hollywood Babbleon], to just sitting with Moser in his home office, smoking a bowl and talking about life.

There was a point a few years back where he was participating in 12-15 hours of content a week.

Not all of it is gripping [and I haven't sampled a whole lot of it], but he always has his conversational style.

Haha he did Joe Rogan's podcast. Another long talker. And my god it lasted ****ing forever.