ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Stand Alone Obi Wan Movie Announced!!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=309420)

DaneMcCloud 08-17-2017 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 13020145)
How do you feel about this director doing it justice?

He's a Tony winning director that has also been Oscar nominated. Since he's a Stage director, I'd expect excellent performances by the cast.

This is probably the best choice so far in the SWU, at least in terms of a director and way above Trevorrow and Lord & Miller.

DaneMcCloud 08-17-2017 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13020151)
The villain should be...the desert.

Also, there needs to be a scene with Obi-Wan watching the holonet and realizing Vader is Anakin.

From what I've been told, (which could always change, of course) this will be an off-world adventure for Obi Wan.

He wasn't just sitting around for 20 years, watching over Luke.

Hammock Parties 08-17-2017 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13020159)
From what I've been told, (which could always change, of course) this will be an off-world adventure for Obi Wan.

booooooooo

this is an opportunity for a real character piece

wonder if we can get some Liam Neeson action

DaneMcCloud 08-17-2017 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13020162)
booooooooo

I guess maybe I'm in the minority but I'm tired of Tatooine and desert planets.

Opening up the Star Wars Galaxy was one of the greatest parts of Rogue One.

I'd love to see a sequence with Obi Wan on Jedha, 20 years prior to the events of R1.

Plus, more worlds, more creatures = more action figures = more revenue.

DaneMcCloud 08-17-2017 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13020162)
wonder if we can get some Liam Neeson action

I'd certainly be down for that but all we heard was his voice after he died, so bringing him in as a Force Ghost might be weird, especially considering that he wasn't shown in ROTJ.

Gadzooks 08-17-2017 03:27 PM

Why does everyone have such a hard on for McGregor? He sucked in Fargo and the Obi Wan character was a bore, with no personality, in the prequels.

IMO - the idea of these character based prequels is a bad one. There's so much opportunity to branch out with compelling new characters but I guess that's too much of a challenge or too risky to attempt. It smacks as lazy to me.

007 08-17-2017 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 13020180)
Why does everyone have such a hard on for McGregor? He sucked in Fargo and the Obi Wan character was a bore, with no personality, in the prequels.

IMO - the idea of these character based prequels is a bad one. There's so much opportunity to branch out with compelling new characters but I guess that's too much of a challenge or too risky to attempt. It smacks as lazy to me.

WHAT? He was the best part of the prequels. The only actor that really sold his part.

BigBeauford 08-17-2017 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13020151)
The villain should be...the desert.

Also, there needs to be a scene with Obi-Wan watching the holonet and realizing Vader is Anakin.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/07/thats-good.gif

Yes, showing his slow transformation into a hermit would be great.

BWillie 08-17-2017 03:33 PM

Please. No more Star Wars shit. One of the biggest artistic failures known to man that people some how like.

Gadzooks 08-17-2017 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 13020184)
WHAT? He was the best part of the prequels. The only actor that really sold his part.

He did a nice imitation of Alec Guinness. That's all I'll give him. The writing sucked so that didn't help him. But he was a BORING character.

Plus, there'll be no impending doom in any of character based prequels. We all know they survive whatever adventure they're put on.
BORING. LAZY.

DaneMcCloud 08-17-2017 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13020197)
Please. No more Star Wars shit.

:rolleyes:

DaneMcCloud 08-17-2017 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 13020180)
It smacks as lazy to me.

That's absurd

DaneMcCloud 08-17-2017 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 13020184)

Joel Edgerton recently stated that he'd like to return as Owen Lars.

Since Episode 2, I've had the notion that the Stormtroopers and Vader killed and burned the bodies of Owen and Buru in Episode IV because he felt them responsible for the death of his mother.

It'll be curious to see if Owen returns.

Gadzooks 08-17-2017 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13020202)
That's absurd

How so? I've given my reasons...

DaneMcCloud 08-17-2017 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 13020200)
He did a nice imitation of Alec Guinness. That's all I'll give him. The writing sucked so that didn't help him. But he was a BORING character.

Plus, there'll be no impending doom in any of character based prequels. We all know they survive whatever adventure they're put on.
BORING. LAZY.

Your Star Wars takes are absolute shit