ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs LNBS: what Clark Hunt needs to do about the attendance decrease (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=309371)

bobbymitch 08-15-2017 08:49 PM

They could show a little loyalty to season ticket holders.They expect fan loyalty, but give give none in return.

They could give discounts based upon length of being a season ticket holder. Maybe 1% off for each year?

Nickhead 08-15-2017 08:50 PM

with wages being stagnate for the lower to middle income, there aren't enough rich football fans like clark to fill the stadium. :D

RunKC 08-15-2017 08:53 PM

Here's my take:

1. Lower parking cost (obvious).
2. Restructure the parking lines to give more space for parking to tailgaters.
3. Buy giant tarps and put them over the seats until the doors open.
-everybody that went to the playoff game was annoyed with their seat being a cold frozen wet palet bc it went through the cold wet weather for days leading up to the game. People won't want to go to regular season games in December for reasons like that when they can stay at home.
4. Replace the the stadium TV's with bigger newer ones that are the same shape.
5. Just take out the seats in the middle section and make it a giant standing area (see Dallas stadium). Add cool events for kids and adult there.
6. Lower beer/food prices like other NFL teams.

KChiefs1 08-15-2017 08:53 PM

LNBS: what Clark Hunt needs to do about the attendance decrease

Gotta make the fan experience better.

1. Win a Super Bowl

If the Chiefs ever had the years like the Royals had in 2014/15...the place would be crazy.

KChiefs1 08-15-2017 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 13015917)
It's more a reflection of a league wide problem rather than a Chiefs problem.

The thing that makes football great is also the reason attendance is down. Football is made for tv. It's so much better to watch football at home on an 80" HDTV with a leather recliner, a bar 10' away & the bathroom 15' away.

JoeyChuckles 08-15-2017 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 13015949)
Gotta make the fan experience better.

1. Win a Super Bowl

If the Chiefs ever had the years like the Royals had in 2014/15...the place would be crazy.

Winning fixes everything, but it's not really a sustainable solution.

Another Patriots dynasty doesn't come along every decade.

Even if we were to win a Super Bowl, there will be certain bad years at some point and attendance would drop right back down, if other solutions are not in place.

notorious 08-15-2017 09:13 PM

I have been to plenty of pro and college games and the main reason I don't go to pro games anymore is that it is a major pain in the ass to fight traffic, park, put up with assholes, watch the game, and have to do it all over again just to get home.

You miss the rest of the games while sitting in traffic, too.

Sundays are way too valuable to be wasting the majority of the day being frustrated.

hometeam 08-15-2017 09:15 PM

Step 1. Tailgate Nazis
Step 2. Raise Prices
Step 3. ??????
Step 4. PROFIT

Buehler445 08-15-2017 09:16 PM

He's probably still calling this a major win after the blackouts he presided over.

Bugeater 08-15-2017 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13016012)
I have been to plenty of pro and college games and the main reason I don't go to pro games anymore is that it is a major pain in the ass to fight traffic, park, put up with assholes, watch the game, and have to do it all over again just to get home.

You miss the rest of the games while sitting in traffic, too.

Sundays are way too valuable to be wasting the majority of the day being frustrated.

This is where I'm at, the cost and hassle just isn't worth it. On a nice fall afternoon I'd rather head out on my bike and listen to the game on the radio.

Bugeater 08-15-2017 10:14 PM

Also, why does everyone bring up parking prices? Doesn't the county control that?

KS Smitty 08-15-2017 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 13016153)
Also, why does everyone bring up parking prices? Doesn't the county control that?

Nope, that's all Clarky's $$$$. Half-can posted the details in another thread, but I'm not going looking for it. XOXO

Trent Green GOAT 08-15-2017 10:34 PM

Post season success would help.

007 08-15-2017 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KS Smitty (Post 13016171)
Nope, that's all Clarky's $$$$. Half-can posted the details in another thread, but I'm not going looking for it. XOXO

This is news to me if true. It was my understanding that most of the parking money went to Jackson Co.

Bugeater 08-15-2017 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KS Smitty (Post 13016171)

Well thanks for clearing up nothing. ROFL