ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Pros/Cons of opening against the Patriots? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=308022)

mcaj22 05-30-2017 05:11 PM

pros - Chiefs beat the defending SB champs week 1 in a meaningless season game

cons - Chiefs lose in the divisional round of the playoffs to a team they should not; as the team they beat week 1 cakewalks to the Super Bowl.

BucEyedPea 05-30-2017 05:16 PM

All pro—no cons for me.

Bowser 05-30-2017 05:16 PM

Pros: We get to see the Chiefs at (presumably) full strength against the cream of the NFL on a primetime game

Cons: Brady and Belichick are 17-1 in season openers in their time together

Pablo 05-30-2017 05:27 PM

Pros: Guessing red pants will hide Alice's shit streaks, We get first crack at making the Madden curse a reality

Cons: Beefed up security preventing a lone gunman from making the Madden curse a reality

MTG#10 05-30-2017 05:34 PM

Pros: None

Cons: We start the season out with a L

Deberg_1990 05-30-2017 05:38 PM

Pros: We whip dat Patriot ass on national tv week 1, 31-17

Cons: Patriots whip dat Chiefs ass in the divisional round of playoffs 42-24

Because Chiefs...

Halfcan 05-30-2017 06:06 PM

I don't have much faith in an Alex led Chiefs team going into their stadium and getting a win. With New England stocking up in the offseason to win another SB and the Chiefs drafting for the future, hard to believe it will be a different result than a loss.

I can already hear the "miscommunication" excuse coming out of ALex and Andy's mouth as we come out flat and miss many opportunities to score.

It will go something like this...Announcers praise Brady, Hoodie, everything under the sun concerning Pats...oh and tonight they play the Chiefs- who have watched their season end by the Pats....ect.. More Patriot praise.

Game starts...Every topic concerning Pats is dissected ad nausea with barely a whisper Chiefs are even playing. Chiefs look like shit as the Pats start another Historic SB run.

CP blows up how the Chiefs suck, our defense sucks, and how much we hate Alex.

Pats 38 Alice Smiffs 13

This game sends us reeling to a 5 game losing streak to start the season before we pull out enough wins for a Wildcard birth- that ends in a loss.

Hammock Parties 05-30-2017 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 12894598)
I don't have much faith in an Alex led Chiefs team going into their stadium and getting a win. With New England stocking up in the offseason to win another SB and the Chiefs drafting for the future, hard to believe it will be a different result than a loss.

I can already hear the "miscommunication" excuse coming out of ALex and Andy's mouth as we come out flat and miss many opportunities to score.

It will go something like this...Announcers praise Brady, Hoodie, everything under the sun concerning Pats...oh and tonight they play the Chiefs- who have watched their season end by the Pats....ect.. More Patriot praise.

Game starts...Every topic concerning Pats is dissected ad nausea with barely a whisper Chiefs are even playing. Chiefs look like shit as the Pats start another Historic SB run.

Pats 38 Alice Smiffs 13

This game sends us reeling to a 5 game losing streak to start the season before we pull out enough wins for a Wildcard birth- that ends in a loss.

http://i.imgur.com/9W9U6XR.jpg

keg in kc 05-30-2017 06:20 PM

Con: the Chiefs are going to get absolutely destroyed

Pro: the reaction here will be comedy ​gold

New World Order 05-30-2017 06:45 PM

Life is a learning experience

PunkinDrublic 05-30-2017 06:55 PM

If you wait by the tunnel and dump a cup of your own piss on Tom Brady's head as he takes the field, you can probably get out of jail before the playoffs start.

pugsnotdrugs19 05-30-2017 07:34 PM

I give us a 10% chance to win, but I think it'll be competitive. Obviously injuries in the preseason could play a big role. The Chiefs are a better matchup for them than most teams, and maybe any in the AFC right now.

lewdog 05-30-2017 07:35 PM

Con- We lose opening game.

Pro- We win our next 15 straight

SAUTO 05-30-2017 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 12894598)

Pats 38 Alice Smiffs 13

Ad nausea?

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-30-2017 07:39 PM

Pros: This will be Smiths first 400 yard passing game

Con: It will also be his last