ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Reuben Foster fails drug test at combine (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307258)

Halfcan 04-20-2017 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 12832623)
It's serious even if it's weed because he'll get himself suspended.

Don't think of it as a drug test, think of it like a willpower/idiot test.

What an idiot. Maybe we can get him in the 3rd round?

loochy 04-20-2017 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 12832657)
What an idiot. Maybe we can get him in the 3rd round?

Hell yeah!

Pitt Gorilla 04-20-2017 03:13 PM

Slide to the Chiefs.

Halfcan 04-20-2017 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12832640)
So let's say there's a way to sacrifice next year's first in a manner that moves us up to the early 20s and then moves our 2nd up to the back of the 1st.

And no, I have no idea if that's even remotely reasonable, but lets say we give up this years first and next years first. That would give us roughly, what, 1150 points in 'draft chart' value? Conservatively 1100?

And he's there with Miami's pick, so you give Miami both 1sts for their 1st and 2nd. Maybe you have to throw in pick 170 to sweeten the pot.

Now you take 54 (Miami) and 59 (ours) and get NO to send us 32 in exchange and take Davis Webb.

You do that, right? I mean, it's risky as hell because what happens if in the interim Webb goes off the board between Miami and NO and you're left with Foster and a little more 2nd round firepower but nothing you're desperate to use it on now that the QB is gone. Technically the 'value' of those 2 picks should get you up to roughly GBs spot which would be a damn nice spot to get to ahead of Pittsburgh and with a nice relationship with the respective GMs (and little concern of the QB biting them as he's going to the AFC; moreover, GB loves building in the draft and could prefer that extra pick).

Now you've used this years first next years first, a 2nd and a 5th to get Foster and Webb.

I mean...that's a win, right? Or are we just completely wrong about these QBs. Could Webb fall to the late 2nd anyway? In which case you could've just used your 3rd to move up to Miami's spot and snag Foster.

Trade up to get Foster- the same guy that stormed out of the combine and failed a drug test?

We can pick up Mixon too and get the all thug draft going.

Pitt Gorilla 04-20-2017 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 12832664)
Trade up to get Foster- the same guy that stormed out of the combine and failed a drug test?

Stay put and draft Foster, Webb, and Mixon with 1, 2, and 3. Not likely, but I'd have no problem with it.

staylor26 04-20-2017 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12832640)
So let's say there's a way to sacrifice next year's first in a manner that moves us up to the early 20s and then moves our 2nd up to the back of the 1st.

And no, I have no idea if that's even remotely reasonable, but lets say we give up this years first and next years first. That would give us roughly, what, 1150 points in 'draft chart' value? Conservatively 1100?

And he's there with Miami's pick, so you give Miami both 1sts for their 1st and 2nd. Maybe you have to throw in pick 170 to sweeten the pot.

Now you take 54 (Miami) and 59 (ours) and get NO to send us 32 in exchange and take Davis Webb.

You do that, right? I mean, it's risky as hell because what happens if in the interim Webb goes off the board between Miami and NO and you're left with Foster and a little more 2nd round firepower but nothing you're desperate to use it on now that the QB is gone. Technically the 'value' of those 2 picks should get you up to roughly GBs spot which would be a damn nice spot to get to ahead of Pittsburgh and with a nice relationship with the respective GMs (and little concern of the QB biting them as he's going to the AFC; moreover, GB loves building in the draft and could prefer that extra pick).

Now you've used this years first next years first, a 2nd and a 5th to get Foster and Webb.

I mean...that's a win, right? Or are we just completely wrong about these QBs. Could Webb fall to the late 2nd anyway? In which case you could've just used your 3rd to move up to Miami's spot and snag Foster.

I'd probably do that. You come away with your QB on both sides of the ball. Of course, this provided that Dorsey/Reid love Webb.

DJ's left nut 04-20-2017 03:22 PM

Quote:

He's a linebacker - I give zero ****s.

I want a little crazy on my defense. In fact, that aggression is an element we've lacked for years (obligatory Belcher joke aside).

There are very few people on the defense that guys physically do not want to play against. Put Foster out there and have him flying around with an edge to his game and hitting people - the team will be better for it.

And honestly, his rationale for the failed drug test and his response to same seems pretty legit to me. As for the combine thing - A) you're full of shit, that's not what he did and B) Really? The guy got pissed at a nurse. Have you spent more than 10 minutes in a hospital? At any given time somebody that's stressed out and frustrated is pissed off at a nurse. It happens.

Kiimo 04-20-2017 03:24 PM

Quote:

the same guy that stormed out of the combine .

is this what you think happened

DJ's left nut 04-20-2017 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 12832688)

He doesn't seem to have a great handle on anything related to Reuben Foster right now so I wouldn't expect an outstanding response here...

Dante84 04-20-2017 03:28 PM

COME TO ME

MY PRECIOUS

BossChief 04-20-2017 03:30 PM

If we could come out of this draft with a corner, Foster and a QB I'll be thrilled.

Do your thing, John.

Mr. Laz 04-20-2017 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12832697)
If we could come out of this draft with a corner, Foster and a QB I'll be thrilled.

Do your thing, John.

You might get you wish.

Of course, the QB is likely to be Kaaya in the 4th or something but it's the position you want.

prhom 04-20-2017 03:38 PM

I've been hoping there was a way we'd get him ever since someone mocked him falling to us at 27. That seemed pretty remote until now. I would be pretty excited about next year regardless of what we do about QB.

mcaj22 04-20-2017 03:39 PM

if he's there at 27 all in

Halfcan 04-20-2017 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 12832688)

http://nfltraderumors.co/alabama-lb-...-test-combine/

My bad- had a very heated exchange and was kicked out of the hospital according to this.

Blames a diluted piss test on food poisoning. :rolleyes: