ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Terez Paylor latest Mock. QB or CB.. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307146)

RunKC 04-14-2017 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12824032)
Absolutely no need to draft a corner in the first round in this draft. Good starters will be available in the third round.

I'll be sick if Mahomes is on the board and we pass to take a corner.

2nd and 3rd rd CB's will be nice #2 CB's.

Awuzie, Conley, King, Jones. These are all #1 caliber CB's.

Looks like OLB or CB is the best talent on the board if we don't go QB.

BossChief 04-14-2017 10:23 AM

Gonna be interesting to see how it plays out.

Direckshun 04-15-2017 11:19 AM

I continue to believe we will pass on a QB.

Because we are the Chiefs.

Chief Northman 04-15-2017 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12825582)
I continue to believe we will pass on a QB.

Because we are the Chiefs.

I'm starting to believe there won't be any to pass on by the time we pick. I think Watson, Trubisky and Mahomes will be long gone. Not amped about Kizer, Webb or Peterman.

Direckshun 04-15-2017 02:50 PM

Peterman in the 2nd.

Prepare thy anuses.

ILChief 04-17-2017 08:49 PM

WTF do people think we need another corner? We have Peters, Mitchell, Nelson, Gaines, White. We're fine there. If they want a mid rounder then ok but it is way down on our list of needs.

We're drafting DT or ILB. We ignore offense.

TambaBerry 04-17-2017 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 12828554)
WTF do people think we need another corner? We have Peters, Mitchell, Nelson, Gaines, White. We're fine there. If they want a mid rounder then ok but it is way down on our list of needs.

We're drafting DT or ILB. We ignore offense.

um we need a legitimate 2nd corner

Mr. Laz 04-17-2017 10:36 PM

still there

QB Mahomes
S Peppers
QB Kizer
CB Marlon Humphrey
CB Quincy Williams
LB Zach Cunningham
OT Ryan Ramczyk
DT Malik McDowell
CB Tre'Davious White

El Jefe 04-18-2017 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 12823999)
Not a big Conley fan. His supporting cast padded his stats, namely Hooker and Lattimore.
I like Q. Wilson or F. Moreau as better fits and better players.

Said no one ever, literally the dumbest thing I have read. Lattimore was targeted a lot throughout the season because no one knew if he would hold up. This was the only year he has been healthy enough to play. Nobody was throwing heavy at Conley. Lattimore was picked on early and often, which he answered the call. If anything, Lattimore and Hooker took stats away from Conley. Conley is not a top 20 pick in my opinion. After 20, I think he is a fantastic pick, he is fast, athletic and intelligent, and he is not afraid of contact.

staylor26 04-18-2017 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 12828584)
um we need a legitimate 2nd corner

You don't think Mitchell played like a legitimate 2nd corner?

DJ's left nut 04-18-2017 10:51 AM

They're not taking a CB in the 1st round.

The need isn't there (we have a #1 in a league where maybe half the league can say that) and the depth is too great (there are capable #2 CBs that will be there in the 3rd round).

There is a zero percent chance we go CB in the first, IMO.

DJ's left nut 04-18-2017 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 12828786)
Said no one ever, literally the dumbest thing I have read. Lattimore was targeted a lot throughout the season because no one knew if he would hold up. This was the only year he has been healthy enough to play. Nobody was throwing heavy at Conley. Lattimore was picked on early and often, which he answered the call. If anything, Lattimore and Hooker took stats away from Conley. Conley is not a top 20 pick in my opinion. After 20, I think he is a fantastic pick, he is fast, athletic and intelligent, and he is not afraid of contact.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j9...HomerAlert.jpg

RunKC 04-18-2017 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12829011)
They're not taking a CB in the 1st round.

The need isn't there (we have a #1 in a league where maybe half the league can say that) and the depth is too great (there are capable #2 CBs that will be there in the 3rd round).

There is a zero percent chance we go CB in the first, IMO.

Who would you take if QB isn't an option?

I would say pass rusher...preferably TJ Watt

TambaBerry 04-18-2017 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12829006)
You don't think Mitchell played like a legitimate 2nd corner?

For what 4 games or so? Sorry, I can't get excited about a guy we picked up off free agency mid season. I hope he can handle it but if a good cb drops to that pick I wouldn't be pissed.

DJ's left nut 04-18-2017 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12829016)
Who would you take if QB isn't an option?

I would say pass rusher...preferably TJ Watt

ILB or even WR. DL and OLB would also be considerations depending on the talent. They're going to have DL shortage in a hurry and Dorsey likes to stay a year ahead. It's not a great draft for 5-techniques but if the right guy is there, that seems like a natural fit.