ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music METALLICA (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306760)

Easy 6 03-23-2017 07:31 AM

Got to see them twice on the MoP tour, I prefer to remember them that way

PunkinDrublic 03-23-2017 09:14 AM

A couple of my buddies flew down to Mexico City for 4 days and saw them in concert. From their FB live posts it was a good show.

big nasty kcnut 03-23-2017 09:20 AM

Going to see them in june with my brother. Also f you about them not being good. St .Anger was ok.

lawrenceRaider 03-23-2017 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 12794234)
Lzen, that's pretty much my take to a T.

HUGE fan back in the day, and still like listening to them often. I like a few things here and there off of Load and Reload, but mostly I listen to Black and earlier albums. St. Anger was.....I'm not even sure what they were trying to do there. Death Magnetic was pretty good. I really like their new one.

I really don't care for the new one all that much, but at least it sounds somewhat like Metallica, or at least a cousin of Metallica. Much better than anything else they've done in over 25 years. Load through Death Magnetic is garbage. I recently found a new appreciation for the Black album after getting burned out on it. Still like Kill 'em All the best out of all the albums.

I won't be wasting any money on seeing them again. Am going to see Maiden at the Sprint Center in July.

Omaha 03-23-2017 09:53 AM

I would rather swim in vomit

Chief_For_Life58 03-23-2017 10:19 AM

jjj - you berimbolo'ing anyone these days?

rico 03-23-2017 10:31 AM

This is probably a guilty pleasure, but I liked that song "Frantic" on the St. Anger album...

rico 03-23-2017 10:32 AM

Saw Metallica at Lollapalooza a few years ago. They were great!

Jiu Jitsu Jon 03-23-2017 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC.chief (Post 12794219)
Man I use to love Metallica but I don't care for any of their new stuff. My taste in metal has changed since I first heard them though. I mean... I use to listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit

Then I got older and discovered bands like Opeth, Dream Theater, Between the Buried and Me, Periphery, Burn the Priest/Lamb of God, Scar Symmetry, August Burns Red, Mors Principium Est.. the list goes on

After listening to stuff like this....
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S1KPqet74EI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I forgot all about Metallica

Do you like Blind Guardian?

alpha_omega 03-23-2017 11:42 AM

Nah...if it was free, i would consider it...but otherwise no.

For a little history review.....probably seen them a few times over the years. I will say that my experience with Metallica has been both good and bad.

Monsters of Rock...worst Metallica set i've ever seen. All i could hear was the reverb off the concrete in Arrowhead.

GnR/Metallica....best Metallica set i've ever seen. How in the hell was GnR the headliner?

ToxSocks 03-23-2017 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC.chief (Post 12794219)
Man I use to love Metallica but I don't care for any of their new stuff. My taste in metal has changed since I first heard them though. I mean... I use to listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit

Then I got older and discovered bands like Opeth, Dream Theater, Between the Buried and Me, Periphery, Burn the Priest/Lamb of God, Scar Symmetry, August Burns Red, Mors Principium Est.. the list goes on

After listening to stuff like this....
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S1KPqet74EI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I forgot all about Metallica

ooooof coooourse.

Can't have metal with out that shitty, guttural "singer".

Same problem i have with nearly all Metal bands. The guitar/drums are excellent, and then like clockwork, here comes that same shitty ass grunting from the lead singer to come and cock the whole thing up.

I've never heard of Opeth. I clicked play and heard EXACTLY what i thought i'd hear. Same ol', same ol' metal recipe.

This is why Metallica is iconic and bands like Opeth will never matter to anyone aside from pure metal-heads.

Guys like Corey Taylor and James Hetfield are rare birds that are able to transcend that guttural metal sound and create something that weaves between metal and melodic rock, which is something that most of these metal bands are unable to do, thus limiting them to only Metal-heads, and ultimately, making them all sound the ****ing same.

ToxSocks 03-23-2017 01:09 PM

Singing while inhaling to create that shitty sound they ALL do with their voices....god....i just wish that whole style would die in a fire. It's so irritating and they all sound the ****ing same. Doesn't sound good at all. Don't even know wtf he's saying....might as well not even say anything. They just gay up the actual musicians in the band.

Most of these Metal bands would be far better served not having a front man at all.

Chromatic 03-23-2017 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 12794213)
and he said their sound was dated, so I asked what sound he liked, and he said - I shit you not - Five Finger Death Punch & Volbeat.

what a limp-dicked one who sucks the penis.

DC.chief 03-23-2017 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon (Post 12794492)
Do you like Blind Guardian?

Damn, good pull. Yeah I definitely do but you know I haven't really listened to them in a while. I know what i'm playing on the ride home today

Chromatic 03-23-2017 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 12794614)
ooooof coooourse.

Can't have metal with out that shitty, guttural "singer".

Same problem i have with nearly all Metal bands. The guitar/drums are excellent, and then like clockwork, here comes that same shitty ass grunting from the lead singer to come and cock the whole thing up.

I've never heard of Opeth. I clicked play and heard EXACTLY what i thought i'd hear. Same ol', same ol' metal recipe.

Death metal singers are a dime a dozen but in his prime Mikael's growls were some of the best.

Also, from what I hear they don't really use a lot of death metal vocals anymore. They're all 70's prog nerds and their music has changed a lot to reflect that.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LhqijfqecvA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quote:

This is why Metallica is iconic and bands like Opeth will never matter to anyone aside from pure metal-heads.
lol who gives a shit? they've still sold millions of albums and are insanely successful, especially outside the states.