ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Jabril Peppers (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306379)

DJ's left nut 03-06-2017 03:13 PM

Since Berry has been re-signed, I like Baker as a complement to Berry more than Peppers.

Berry can play FS and single-high, but it's not his strength. He's fine in coverage, but he's not exceptional.

If I'm looking for another S, I'm looking for one that plays FS and allows Berry to stay in his more dynamic hybrid SS role. If you try to pigeonhole Berry into a single-high safety, you're undermining his versatility.

Peppers would serve to supplant Berry in his current role and move Berry into Parkers - frankly, I don't see the point. Sure, Parker is replaced by a better run-support safety but Berry isn't an improvement on Parker in coverage. Moreover, you're giving some of those gains back with Peppers, who is good in run support but he isn't Berry.

Why not just leave Berry where he is and if you're looking for a more physical version of Parker, go find a more physical version of Parker. If that's what you're after, Baker is your guy.

RunKC 03-06-2017 03:13 PM

Yeah I can't sign off on this guy. 1 INT in 3 years? Same as Mackensie Alexander last year. Not a difference maker in the passing game IMO.

kccrow 03-06-2017 05:16 PM

Marcus Williams out of Utah is still my #1 choice in round 2 to supplant Parker at FS. Kid is a coverage freak and ballhawk.

Mr. Laz 03-06-2017 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12770968)
Marcus Williams out of Utah is still my #1 choice in round 2 to supplant Parker at FS. Kid is a coverage freak and ballhawk.

Eric Berry is our Free Safety.

Ron Parker at SS is the position that needs to be upgraded. Imo.

Mr. Laz 03-06-2017 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12770737)
Since Berry has been re-signed, I like Baker as a complement to Berry more than Peppers.

Berry can play FS and single-high, but it's not his strength. He's fine in coverage, but he's not exceptional.

If I'm looking for another S, I'm looking for one that plays FS and allows Berry to stay in his more dynamic hybrid SS role. If you try to pigeonhole Berry into a single-high safety, you're undermining his versatility.

Peppers would serve to supplant Berry in his current role and move Berry into Parkers - frankly, I don't see the point. Sure, Parker is replaced by a better run-support safety but Berry isn't an improvement on Parker in coverage. Moreover, you're giving some of those gains back with Peppers, who is good in run support but he isn't Berry.

Why not just leave Berry where he is and if you're looking for a more physical version of Parker, go find a more physical version of Parker. If that's what you're after, Baker is your guy.

after giving Berry 14 billion dollars, they aren't going to move him back to SS.

That ship as sailed.

RunKC 03-06-2017 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12770976)

Parker doesn't play SS very often, if at all. Sorenson/Berry have and probably will continue to play SS with Eric Murray as depth.

kccrow 03-06-2017 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12770976)

K, by depth chart maybe. Our coverage safety is Parker. Period.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-06-2017 05:58 PM

We need a Rb, LB and CB so if he fits in there then yes. Baker would give us the best secondary in the NFL., but we really need to nail a top notch ILB.

DJ's left nut 03-06-2017 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12770977)
after giving Berry 14 billion dollars, they aren't going to move him back to SS.

That ship as sailed.

He plays SS.

You can continue to glom on do the depth chart if you want, but this system doesn't utilize a FS/SS designation like a conventional defense does.

Parker is a single-high coverage safety and Berry is a box/hybrid safety. They never give Parker box responsibility and haven't for 3 seasons. Berry, meanwhile, rarely if ever plays single high.

You can look at the depth chart all you want but it's not how they use them. If you're drafting Peppers, it's to replace Berry's role on the team and slide Berry into a single-high coverage role. That's silly.

Berry's perfect being used how he is and frankly Parker's being used precisely how he should be as well. You'd just like to see a more sure tackler out there. You don't need to move Berry out of his position to do it.

Don't be a slave to out-dated Madden Football positions; that's not how this defense works. And if you're going to use them, Berry is the 'SS' in role and Parker is the 'FS' in role, regardless of what the depth chart says.

staylor26 03-06-2017 06:02 PM

Laz is such a ****ing idiot ROFL

DJ's left nut 03-06-2017 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12771083)
Laz is such a ****ing idiot ROFL

Eric Berry is so good in Laz's world that he can play outside linebacker AND single-high safety.

Dude must think Eric Berry is a ****ing god.

BryanBusby 03-06-2017 06:12 PM

He looks mostly lost when he's out in space and it seems like quite a waste to have him playing Defense. Would rather have the ball in his hands.

staylor26 03-06-2017 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12771091)
Eric Berry is so good in Laz's world that he can play outside linebacker AND single-high safety.

Dude must think Eric Berry is a ****ing god.

LMAO

Sfeihc 03-06-2017 07:55 PM

Peppers can play anywhere this year and still be our QBOTF for 2018 to replace Smith.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk