ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV First opening gay character for Disney..WTF (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306359)

Rausch 03-05-2017 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12766077)
I don't understand the WTF? Seems like the world is ready to me.

The world doesn't care. Good for gay.

Why is it important to put sex (of any kind) in a kids flick?...

MahiMike 03-05-2017 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 12766101)
Who cares? Do people still hate gays?

Hell yes you bundle of sticks?

Rausch 03-05-2017 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 12768883)
Hell yes you pillowbitergot?

Am I a rube for wanting my grandkids to hit grade 5 before they even consider gay/straight etc?

Is that unreasonable?...

eDave 03-05-2017 01:56 PM

But kidnapping, Stockholm Syndrome, bestiality, witchcraft, and talking to inanimate objects is A-OK.

Fishpicker 03-05-2017 02:01 PM

removed. eDave beat me to it

CanadianChiefs 03-05-2017 04:43 PM

""LeFou is somebody who on one day wants to be Gaston and on another day wants to kiss Gaston," Director Bill Condon tells Attitude Magazine,

"He’s confused about what he wants. It’s somebody who’s just realizing that he has these feelings. And Josh makes something really subtle and delicious out of it. And that’s what has its payoff at the end, which I don’t want to give away. But it is a nice, exclusively gay moment in a Disney movie," Condon says."

They make him as stereotypical gay as possible. Little kids watching this will now think that their guy friends want to kiss them if they show a "feminine" side. More bullying, thanks disney.

But really, a payoff that is subtle, delicious, and an exclusively gay moment. Are they opening a bakery together?

eDave 03-05-2017 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianChiefs (Post 12769211)
""LeFou is somebody who on one day wants to be Gaston and on another day wants to kiss Gaston," Director Bill Condon tells Attitude Magazine,

"He’s confused about what he wants. It’s somebody who’s just realizing that he has these feelings. And Josh makes something really subtle and delicious out of it. And that’s what has its payoff at the end, which I don’t want to give away. But it is a nice, exclusively gay moment in a Disney movie," Condon says."

They make him as stereotypical gay as possible. Little kids watching this will now think that their guy friends want to kiss them if they show a "feminine" side. More bullying, thanks disney.

Then don't go see the ****ing movie.

Baby Lee 03-05-2017 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12769218)

So grouchy

CanadianChiefs 03-05-2017 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12769218)

"You can interpret this as a tragic story for LeFou, but it’s hardly a high point for positive LGBT representation in 2017: a dweeb who hopelessly pines after a muscular straight guy," Baker-Whitelaw writes.

It seems kinda thrown in is all I'm saying, more a business decision than anything. It'll sell more tickets this way

CanadianChiefs 03-05-2017 04:57 PM

Is Alex Smith a muscular straight guy? Asking for a friend

Frazod 03-05-2017 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12768890)
Am I a rube for wanting my grandkids to hit grade 5 before they even consider gay/straight etc?

Is that unreasonable?...

No, it's not.

Just Passin' By 03-05-2017 05:57 PM

Quote:

Is that unreasonable?...

Don't go.
Convince your family not to go.
Convince others not to go.

It's the only way a company as large, and SJW infested, as Disney is going to stop ****ing up the story lines.

listopencil 03-05-2017 06:09 PM

Just going to take a wild guess and say that the gay guy falls in love with Gaston by the end of the movie, Gaston realizes he is gay as well and was only being an ass because he was repressing his gay-ness, the guy and Gaston hook up after Beauty and The Beast hook up, happy endings for everyone.

Baby Lee 03-05-2017 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12769352)
Just going to take a wild guess and say that the gay guy falls in love with Gaston by the end of the movie, Gaston realizes he is gay as well and was only being an ass because he was repressing his gay-ness, the guy and Gaston hook up after Beauty and The Beast hook up, happy endings for everyone.

That, and oodles of butt****ing.

007 03-05-2017 06:16 PM

Quote:

Is that unreasonable?...

As long as you don't assign their pronoun until they decide. :D