ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Bob Mock 1.0 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305735)

DaneMcCloud 02-03-2017 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Bob (Post 12725201)
I love UGA as much as the Chiefs. I have watched every game Conley has played in College and the NFL. He is the same guy he always was.

I don't give a shit about body type. Russell Wilson had SIX game winning drives and fourth quarter comebacks at Wisconsin his senior year. If you read my summary, you would understand the comparison.

Who care if the contracts were drawn up last year? They aren't losing a dollar. They are gaining guaranteed money. Every player in the history of the NFL would want that. You clearly don't get it. Ron Parker gets a $3 million check the second he signs the restructured contract. Then we lose $1 million off the cap each of the next three years. Chiefs get $2 million in cap space now. Everyone wins!

You can argue about the TEs we have besides Harris. I get it. The bottom line is we need the cap room. He's got to go when it's all said and done. He makes too much money and his contract doesn't hinder us to cut him.

This entire post is why people ****ing hate you.

I gave you well-reasoned explanations of why I disagreed with you. I said that I disagreed, gave more explanations and said "disagree".

You can't let shit go. You keep pounding your viewpoint until people want you banned.

Chill out.

Black Bob 02-04-2017 07:40 AM

Ok, sorry. I wasnt intending to come off like a dick. I think you are being overly sensitive.

DaneMcCloud 02-04-2017 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Bob (Post 12725675)
I think you are being overly sensitive.

No, you were acting like a overly defensive dick.

Agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Titty Meat 02-04-2017 01:36 PM

Aj Klein is the worst linebacker in football

New World Order 02-04-2017 02:46 PM

I like it Bob.

Well done

kccrow 02-04-2017 08:37 PM

I think that Conley has grown and become a better receiver over the past 2 seasons. His production matches that. I don't know how going from 17 for 199 to 44 for 530 isn't showing improvement. The guy catches pretty much everything thrown his way. I wish Alex would get the ball to him more frequently, to be honest. The **** if I'm looking to replace Conley at this point. I'm looking to replace DeAnthony Thomas, Albert Wilson, and Demarcus Robinson.

I also agree with Dane about restructuring guys going into the 2nd years of their contracts. It is not likely to happen. Even then, Fisher and Schwartz would gain nothing with restructuring this year given that both of their salaries are fully guaranteed for 2017 already. You can't even do anything with those guys until 2018.

I have my doubts about restructuring Parker and adding more money into his 30's, but maybe they do it.

Black Bob 02-05-2017 01:13 PM

Conley's production went up because he became a starter. I don't like Conley for a number of reasons and I'll leave it at that. I will agree to disagree.

Not sure how else I can explain the restructuring? Guaranteed or not the player gets money up front and loses nothing. He also helps his team. It's not a big deal. Hardly any contract ever stays the same for the duration.

Here is an example of a restructured contract one year in from last year. This is pretty common.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-with-dolphins

Black Bob 04-30-2017 07:08 PM

We ended up with two of mine so I can't complain...

kccrow 04-30-2017 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Bob (Post 12851875)
We ended up with two of mine so I can't complain...

Yup. I nailed round 2 on TK, but he didn't go to a 4-3 team lol.

Black Bob 04-30-2017 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12851911)
Yup. I nailed round 2 on TK, but he didn't go to a 4-3 team lol.

I honestly thought he might have gone in the first. I wonder if we were trying to get back into the first to take him?

kccrow 04-30-2017 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Bob (Post 12851915)
I honestly thought he might have gone in the first. I wonder if we were trying to get back into the first to take him?

I think that was for Foster or Cook. I don't think this kid was that type of talent that Dorsey would give up that much. He didn't even move up in 2 to get him.

In58men 04-30-2017 09:56 PM

It's all about Courtland Sutton next year.