ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Should the Chiefs sign Eric Berry for 5/70m with 38m guaranteed? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305726)

BossChief 02-03-2017 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12724290)
At that, no.

That money can get you 2 good players. It sucks, he's a leader and a great player, but at that money, good luck and thanks for the memories eric.

It's sad to think about Eric being a falcon...but I think we all need to remove the emotion from the situation and think about the situation with realistic shades on.

Honestly, I fully believe the defense will be fine if it loses Poe AND Berry.

DaneMcCloud 02-03-2017 09:16 AM

Berry has the Chiefs by the balls.

He's stated he'll sit out this season if he's franchised and he wants to be the highest paid safety in the league.

If the Chiefs don't sign him, the court if public opinion will be staunchly against them and most likely, savage. If they do sign him to a similar deal that Boss has suggested, he could really hurt their cap for a few years, especially if he has an injury in which he misses a significant amount of time.

My gut tells me Dorsey, Reid and Hunt choose to overpay for the posistion.

ThaVirus 02-03-2017 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe (Post 12724296)
That's a lot of coin for a safety. That's about what TJ Ward (2 time Pro Bowler) and Darian Stewart (1 time Pro Bowler) make combined.

He's better than both combined soooo...

BossChief 02-03-2017 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe (Post 12724296)
That's a lot of coin for a safety. That's about what TJ Ward (2 time Pro Bowler) and Darian Stewart (1 time Pro Bowler) make combined.

Nobody cares about the Broncos third place franchise, troll.

I've defended you but lately you are nothing but a troll.

BossChief 02-03-2017 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12724298)

He's stated he'll sit out this season if he's franchised and he wants to be the highest paid safety in the league.

If the Chiefs don't sign him, the court if public opinion will be staunchly against them and most likely, savage. If they do sign him to a similar deal that Boss has suggested, he could really hurt their cap for a few years, especially if he has an injury in which he misses a significant amount of time.

I think he's gone.

Andy said flat out last offseason that they can't pay everyone top of the league money and then they went out and drafted Murray and immediately started grooming him to be Berrys replacement.

RunKC 02-03-2017 09:22 AM

Quote:

If the public knows that the Chiefs offered him the highest contract at the position and he turns it down, then it does nothing but make Eric look like a selfish money grabber

TigeRRUppeRRcut 02-03-2017 09:24 AM

Save the money. Tag Poe . Trade one of Bailey and Howard. Trade up in the draft and have two first round picks. Feast.

Hammock Parties 02-03-2017 09:24 AM

We won't have to pay a QB after 2017 so I'm fine with it.

That contract actually expires nicely when it will be time to pay our next QB.

Marcellus 02-03-2017 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12724282)
I'm definitely interested, but I've got to get ready for work in a few.

Let's set the mark at 13.5m per year average (I know it's going to be damn close to 14m per, but it might be slightly under) and make the bet 1 year avatar rights.

Deal?

Sure.

Bowser 02-03-2017 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12724315)
Save the money. Tag Poe . Trade one of Bailey and Howard. Trade up in the draft and have two first round picks. Feast.

So happy you're not the GM of my team.

Quesadilla Joe 02-03-2017 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12724299)
He's better than both combined soooo...

They all have similar skill sets, Berry is just a much better athlete.

Hammock Parties 02-03-2017 09:27 AM

I do worry about paying that much with Peters contract coming due pretty soon.

Can we afford to pay two members of our secondary top 5 contracts?

Bowser 02-03-2017 09:29 AM

Quote:

Yep.

The thing is, the Chiefs basically tagged him and told him to prove that he's worthy of the big contract. Is anyone really going to try and make the argument that he didn't prove it in the '16 season?

Bowser 02-03-2017 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider2YBanana (Post 12724322)
I do worry about paying that much with Peters contract coming due pretty soon.

Can we afford to pay two members of our secondary top 5 contracts?

Seattle found a way, why not us?

O.city 02-03-2017 09:34 AM

They can make it work if they want I suppose. At this point, I wouldn't keep poe.