ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ballard Interviewing for Colts GM (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305500)

Snica 01-25-2017 02:47 PM

This thread clearly is not going to disappoint.

Mr. Laz 01-25-2017 02:47 PM

So much for the bullshit about Ballard getting a raise with the Chiefs.

RealSNR 01-25-2017 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12708329)
I'm just going to put my faith in the idea that either Ballard or Dorsey remains in KC.

I assume Ballard interviewing means Dorsey's more likely to stay.

DORSEY IS NOT ****ING LEAVING.

It's been proven over and over that the dude who put that thought out there as news was just throwing shit at the wall and getting a buzz from it. There is ZERO evidence to believe that Dorsey has even entertained the thought for 2 seconds while taking a shit

RealSNR 01-25-2017 03:44 PM

Also, it ****ing sucks to be the 49ers now. Laughing at those jackasses.

chiefzilla1501 01-25-2017 03:47 PM

Sounds like the Chiefs did Ballard a solid by pretending to block the interview with the 49ers.

Not sure this is a whole lot better given that he's working for Irsay. But I guess he'll probably let the GM do whatever he wants.

It'll be interesting to see how he does if he leaves. Has been a genius in KC so I don't want him to go. But he was also kind of a disaster in Chicago.

Hammock Parties 01-25-2017 04:12 PM

Well, bye.

Jamie 01-25-2017 05:11 PM

Two thoughts. One, if I'm Ballard I don't take the job unless they let me fire Pagano. And two, if they let him fire Pagano, any chance he takes Toub with him?

DJ's left nut 01-25-2017 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 12708726)
Sounds like the Chiefs did Ballard a solid by pretending to block the interview with the 49ers.

Not sure this is a whole lot better given that he's working for Irsay. But I guess he'll probably let the GM do whatever he wants.

It'll be interesting to see how he does if he leaves. Has been a genius in KC so I don't want him to go. But he was also kind of a disaster in Chicago.

Hard to say if he's a guy that needs a steadying influence to keep from going off the rails or not. Some people just aren't quite cut out for the big chair but can be invaluable lieutenants.

But I'd hate to see him go to Indy and do well. Sooner or later Brady's stranglehold on this conference will end and if a competent GM takes over and makes it Luck's decade, well won't that just be a kick in the balls?

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-25-2017 05:21 PM

Maybe Clark has instructed him to take the job, then make a trade to KC, Luck for Smith and then get fired and Clark hires him back.

Easy 6 01-25-2017 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12708877)
Hard to say if he's a guy that needs a steadying influence to keep from going off the rails or not. Some people just aren't quite cut out for the big chair but can be invaluable lieutenants.

But I'd hate to see him go to Indy and do well. Sooner or later Brady's stranglehold on this conference will end and if a competent GM takes over and makes it Luck's decade, well won't that just be a kick in the balls?

In spite of Reids foibles, I sincerely believe that between Andy and John... we can create a team here that is a match for the Ballard/Luck Colts 8 days a week

Let him go, we cant keep everyone anyway... what we need is a QB, Reids clock management/run game stubborness problems will look a lot smaller if we can get that figured out

DJ's left nut 01-25-2017 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12708903)
In spite of Reids foibles, I sincerely believe that between Andy and John... we can create a team here that is a match for the Ballard/Luck Colts 8 days a week

Let him go, we cant keep everyone anyway... what we need is a QB, Reids clock management/run game stubborness problems will look a lot smaller if we can get that figured out

Gotta get at least 90% of what the Colts have with Luck. Luck isn't Brady and perhaps will never quite live up to his hype, but he's still 2 years away from being the best QB in the AFC and by a fair amount.

The Chiefs will have to close that gap. As has been noted elsewhere, the key is that they have to get a quarterback that's capable of coming back from mistakes made by his teammates because mistakes will absolutely happen.

Winning games by simply not screwing up isn't going to cut it. They need to acknowledge that screwups happen and get someone under center that's capable of overcoming them.

I'm cautiously optimistic that they realize this and changes are going to be made sooner rather than later. Then again, the last time things looked this obvious the answer was Brady Quinn...

OnTheWarpath15 01-25-2017 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 12708435)
This thread is mind bottling.

Why you gotta go straight for the juggler?

milkman 01-25-2017 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12708912)
Gotta get at least 90% of what the Colts have with Luck. Luck isn't Brady and perhaps will never quite live up to his hype, but he's still 2 years away from being the best QB in the AFC and by a fair amount.

The Chiefs will have to close that gap. As has been noted elsewhere, the key is that they have to get a quarterback that's capable of coming back from mistakes made by his teammates because mistakes will absolutely happen.

Winning games by simply not screwing up isn't going to cut it. They need to acknowledge that screwups happen and get someone under center that's capable of overcoming them.

I'm cautiously optimistic that they realize this and changes are going to be made sooner rather than later. Then again, the last time things looked this obvious the answer was Brady Quinn...

Not sold on Luck.

Looks like we will be coming up on Carr's decade, and that's an even bigger kick in the nuts.

Easy 6 01-25-2017 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12708937)
Not sold on Luck.

Looks like we will be coming up on Carr's decade, and that's an even bigger kick in the nuts.

Luck > Carr... dont blame Luck for the mess that team is in, the guy is a stud in waiting

Carr, it honestly feels like this guy can still become a product of a losing mindset no matter the potential displayed... he isnt a big guy, and if you can smack him around early he is a jittery mess

I want that 6'5 250 or so kid, the one who can stand tall under duress and still get off an accurate throw with bodies piling up... basically its Bray, but go ahead and heap scorn on me now

seclark 01-25-2017 07:10 PM

ROFL
i love this place.
this thread has the best of both worlds.
sec