ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs It's time to move on from Alex Smith. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305249)

beach tribe 01-15-2017 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12689118)
How about our run game this season after coming off a strong 2015 season....

Alexuses.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-15-2017 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 12689047)
Smith was not the reason we lost. Dude missed a pass to Maclin and that was about it. I don't care who the QB is, when you call plays like we do and you can't block, can't rush the QB and can't catch the ****ing ball..Smith is hardly the problem

The Chiefs just lost a playoff game where they scored 2 touchdowns and their opponent scored 0. If we had even an average offense we win this game going away. Don't wanna hear about the defense. They did their job.

St. Patty's Fire 01-15-2017 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12689118)
How about our run game this season after coming off a strong 2016 season....

definitely shouldnt be overlooked.

our offensive line is shit. put bell behind this line and he averages 75yds a game if hes lucky.

ware is a solid back, but id definitely look at drafting one higher up if theres no qb available.

Red Dawg 01-15-2017 10:48 PM

We lost because Smith is not an NFL darling. They want Brady and Ben so they call holding when we tie the game. Plain and simple.

OldSchool 01-15-2017 10:49 PM

There were far more reasons why the Chiefs lost tonight than Alex Smith.

l4z4rd 01-15-2017 10:49 PM

Doesn't help that Fisher was getting beat all night by Grandpa Harrison

hitchief 01-15-2017 10:50 PM

hate makes for blind crybabies and stupid posters.

Its so easy to say he should have hit Hill sprinting open but then if you want to be accurate you'd have to watch the whole play from above so you could see the progression and the protection.

Alex didn't have all dam day like Ben had. He had maybe two reads per pass attempt and then he was either hit or running.

Stupid ass bitch's in here crying all the time makes me sick

prhom 01-15-2017 10:51 PM

Smith wasn't the reason we lost, but didn't do enough to win. Same story as always. He should be our QB in 2017, but you have to plan for the next year. He shouldn't be extended.

Dave Lane 01-15-2017 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 12689056)
Why, you think he should throw it to Tyreek sprinting wide open?

And more than once I counted 5 times I saw him with at least 3 steps on a defender and no throw.

St. Patty's Fire 01-15-2017 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prhom (Post 12689210)
Smith wasn't the reason we lost, but didn't do enough to win. Same story as always. He should be our QB in 2017, but you have to plan for the next year. He shouldn't be extended.

well put. he's not bad enough to lose games but he really isnt good enough to will us to wins either. hell show flashes of both good and bad bit in the end hes just ok.

cant win with a qb like that in this league. just cant.

OldSchool 01-15-2017 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 12689074)
I kinda agree after this one. Game was planned short around his abilities, against a shitty Steeler secondary. Need to do better Reid.....Dorsey!

Uh, no. You do realize that Pitt had one of the top defenses in the league in the second half of the season right? They also had 38 sacks on the season and finished top 10 in scoring defense, etc. It's not a cakewalk against the Steelers.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 01-15-2017 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 12689138)
Alexuses.

Again, you are the same stupid moron who only shows up when this team loses. Your take on football is practically shit.

ChiefsCountry 01-15-2017 10:54 PM

Since Marty took over in 1989 quarterbacks we have faced in the playoffs...

Won
Todd Marinovich
Neil O'Donnell
Warren Moon
Brian Hoyer

Losses
Dan Marino
Jim Kelly
Stan Humphries
Jim Kelly
Dan Marino
Jim Harbaugh
John Elway
Peyton Manning
Peyton Manning
Joe Flacco
Andrew Luck
Tom Brady
Ben Roethlisberger

Anybody seeing a trend.....

TigeRRUppeRRcut 01-15-2017 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 12689249)
Uh, no. You do realize that Pitt had one of the top defenses in the league in the second half of the season right? They also had 38 sacks on the season and finished top 10 in scoring defense, etc. It's not a cakewalk against the Steelers.

Fact

OldSchool 01-15-2017 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 12689223)
And more than once I counted 5 times I saw him with at least 3 steps on a defender and no throw.

Right, with a safety on top and a pass rusher bearing down on Smith. That would have gone well right? Just chuck it up into double coverage while getting hit.

The one play you could make an argument for was the one where they highlighted Hill specifically, but even on that play Smith was already rolling right early due to pressure well before Hill broke open.