ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bob Sutton isn't the problem (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=302642)

jspchief 10-04-2016 05:38 PM

Yeah... I think Sutton is trash. He's had a defense full of pro bowlers since he arrived and the team rarely holds up against strong offenses. How many times have we seen him trot a young/rookie CB out there, and not be able to adjust when a team starts picking on him?

The Chiefs defense gets by because it has a ton of individual talent turning in great individual performances. It's not a strong unit collectively, in scheme or attitude.

Sutton feasts on bad teams and the individual play of star players.

chiefzilla1501 10-04-2016 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 12466389)
Yeah... I think Sutton is trash. He's had a defense full of pro bowlers since he arrived and the team rarely holds up against strong offenses. How many times have we seen him trot a young/rookie CB out there, and not be able to adjust when a team starts picking on him?

The Chiefs defense gets by because it has a ton of individual talent turning in great individual performances. It's not a strong unit collectively, in scheme or attitude.

Sutton feasts on bad teams and the individual play of star players.

Did you read my post or just post on your own?

Sutton had a bad run at the end of 2013 when Cooper was getting eaten alive with Kendrick Lewis as over the top help. He had a bad run beginning of 2015 for 4 games with rookie Marcus Peters and Sean Smith suspended.

Sutton posted an excellent 2014 defense with Berry, DJ, and Devito out for the season and in a year where they were so desperate for corners they marched out with Fleming and Parker as their two guys. He closed the year decently last year missing Justin Houston, including a dominant performance against Houston in the playoffs. He dominated New England on MNF, solid performances against Pitt 2x and Arizona, dominated San Diego the past 2 years, dominated Detroit in London, excellent performance against Seattle 2 years ago.

He's been good to dominant in 2/3 of his games. And the bad 1/3 came in stretches where he was extremely short-handed.

thabear04 10-04-2016 07:04 PM

Sean Smith out on injury. Don't recall him begging hurt for 2015.

Something the problem maybe the lack of NFL experience.

SAUTO 10-04-2016 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thabear04 (Post 12466519)
Sean Smith out on injury. Don't recall him begging hurt for 2015.

Something the problem maybe the lack of NFL experience.

Suspension

Jimmya 10-04-2016 08:57 PM

NFL network "I don't know who's idea it was to run cover 0 against one of the best offenses in the NFL, but it wasn't a smart move, Big Ben took advantage of it."

Garcia Bronco 10-04-2016 09:03 PM

Sutton is the absolute best coach on the staff. But he should be fired...time for the planet to banner up and get him gone.

chiefzilla1501 10-04-2016 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmya (Post 12466893)
NFL network "I don't know who's idea it was to run cover 0 against one of the best offenses in the NFL, but it wasn't a smart move, Big Ben took advantage of it."

I think the steelers with leveon bell could be one of the most frustrating offenses to game plan for. This looked to me like a game where Suttons game plan was a little frustrating. But I don't know any adjustment would have been much help.

pugsnotdrugs19 10-04-2016 09:14 PM

I personally think that Wade Phillips is by far the best DC in the league right now, and even he wouldn't look quite so bright if Von Miller was on the sidelines right now...

That's the hand Sutton was dealt. Make due without your best player AND very young defensive backs.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 10-04-2016 09:19 PM

Overreaction Planet

Reerun_KC 10-04-2016 09:20 PM

I like buttons and his defense. It's harmless

Mr. Laz 10-04-2016 09:22 PM

Sutton is sure as hell part of the problem.

chiefzilla1501 10-04-2016 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12466970)
Sutton is sure as hell part of the problem.

You can't blame him if his back is sore. From having to carry that offense for the past 3 years.

Mr. Laz 10-04-2016 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 12466974)
You can't blame him if his back is sore. From having to carry that offense for the past 3 years.

45 seconds to respond after my post.

You have just been waiting 5 hours since you started this thread for me to respond.

Can see you hovering over the keyboard hitting refresh every 5 minutes.

LMAO

Reerun_KC 10-04-2016 09:25 PM

I'm over, so over Reid, Smith and Sutton....

Sooner gone the better.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 10-04-2016 09:26 PM

IIRC, Sutton was getting destroyed by Buffalo and came out at after half time allowing practically nothing. That or Sean Smith just got his head out of his ass. Probably the latter.