ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dee Ford breakdown (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=301173)

OctoberFart 08-01-2016 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12345662)
More talented Bruce Irvin

You wish he was even as good as Irvin. Irvin isn't very good either but he isn't afraid of contact either.

staylor26 08-01-2016 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 12345647)
Who?

The guy that was giving your new LT fits.

BleedingRed 08-01-2016 11:12 AM

Him and Houston could be a very scary duo rushing if he gets it together

vailpass 08-01-2016 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12345658)
The guy that will help sweep you

:D dammit I'm ready for football!!

threebag 08-01-2016 11:59 AM

Someone needs to flush Autumnwind

Coochie liquor 08-01-2016 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 12345506)
Thread title made me think he 'broke'
<object data-extension-version="0.4.0.129" data-install-updates-user-configuration="true" id="__symantecPKIClientMessenger" style="display: none;"></object>

Isn't that what most Fords his age do?

Mr. Laz 08-01-2016 12:47 PM

When Dee ford can 'play basketball' and just juke his way to the QB he's pretty good.

His football I.Q. is still questionable

He should be replacing Hali, not Houston

jspchief 08-01-2016 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 12345509)
Do you have a good instinctual feeling about Dee's improvement (even more so) this season?

Staylor thinks every player on the team is a future hall of famer, so I'm sure his analysis will be objective.

Mr. Laz 08-01-2016 12:59 PM

Quote:

Tuesday was a tough day for Chiefs fans, as news broke that Kansas City star outside linebacker Justin Houston will miss training camp and possibly the beginning of the 2016 season while recovering from an ACL injury (not a tear) that cut short his 2015 campaign last fall.
People want to tell me again how delaying Houston's surgery last year was no big deal?

staylor26 08-01-2016 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 12345874)
Staylor thinks every player on the team is a future hall of famer, so I'm sure his analysis will be objective.

Name one player outside of CAT (who I said could be a good situational pass rusher then some people blew it out of proportion) that I've hyped up that hasn't panned out?

Kelce, Peters, Howard, Gaines, Jones, Murray, Fisher, Nelson, Parker, Morse, March.

Those are the unknowns that I've hyped up to some level or another over the past few years. Some haven't gotten their opportunity, some have had injuries, and some were spot on. I'm right more often than not though.

The problem is, any time I have anything remotely positive to say about a guy that isn't proven, I'm immediately labeled a homer that thinks he's going to be a Pro Bowler/HOF when I never said such a thing.

Take Nelson for example, all offseason I said he could take the nickel spot and be a solid player there, but since he didn't do shit his entire rookie year I was labeled a homer. Here we are now and Nelson currently has the nickel spot and has been impressing ever since OTA's.

What some of you don't realize is that I actually watch these guys a ton going into the draft, and after, so I am not just pulling my takes on them out of my ass. I'm just not scared to evaluate players before I see them in the NFL.

pugsnotdrugs19 08-01-2016 01:05 PM

Missing Houston for any stretch sucks but damn, Hali and Ford is a really nice combo to still have and I think we forget that easily.

There was a time where Andy Studebaker was one of the two best OLBs in our defense.

NJChiefsFan 08-01-2016 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12345905)
Name one player outside of CAT (who I said could be a good situational pass rusher then some people blew it out of proportion) that I've hyped up that hasn't panned out?

Kelce, Peters, Howard, Gaines, Jones, Murray, Fisher, Nelson, Parker, Morse, March.

Those are the unknowns that I've hyped up to some level or another over the past few years. Some haven't gotten their opportunity, some have had injuries, and some were spot on. I'm right more often than not though.

The problem is, any time I have anything remotely positive to say about a guy that isn't proven, I'm immediately labeled a homer that thinks he's going to be a Pro Bowler/HOF when I never said such a thing.

Take Nelson for example, all offseason I said he could take the nickel spot and be a solid player there, but since he didn't do shit his entire rookie year I was labeled a homer. Here we are now and Nelson currently has the nickel spot and has been impressing ever since OTA's.

What some of you don't realize is that I actually watch these guys a ton going into the draft, and after, so I am not just pulling my takes on them out of my ass. I'm just not scared to evaluate players before I see them in the NFL.

Dude, COME ON!!! I agree with a lot of your takes, and it's not a knock on your intelligence, but you absolutely 100% are a homer. Now I know that term is usually meant to be an insult, but in this case it isn't meant to be that harsh. It's just pointing out that you see basically everything for KC to be rosy. The refs hate us, or there are 10 excuses for why somebody hasn't panned out.

Every guy is going to reach his potential in your mind and everything is going to go wrong for our rivals. You were ripping SD for taking Bosa saying he wouldn't fit in their scheme. You know that even if he didn't fit in KC's scheme, you absolutely would be singing KC's praises for taking him.

This is what annoys me reading your posts. If you just admitted who you are, it would be so much easier to see the intelligence in your evaluations and not just be sitting here in astonishment that you don't hear yourself. You are a good guy for this board, but just acknowledge what is happening here. Although perhaps you could pat yourself on the back a little less when you are right. If you go find 40 random posts of yours, how many aren't predicting best case scenarios or are pointing out that you were right about something. Hell, the post I just quoted has both of those things.

staylor26 08-01-2016 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 12346196)
Dude, COME ON!!! I agree with a lot of your takes, and it's not a knock on your intelligence, but you absolutely 100% are a homer. Now I know that term is usually meant to be an insult, but in this case it isn't meant to be that harsh. It's just pointing out that you see basically everything for KC to be rosy. The refs hate us, or there are 10 excuses for why somebody hasn't panned out.

Every guy is going to reach his potential in your mind and everything is going to go wrong for our rivals. You were ripping SD for taking Bosa saying he wouldn't fit in their scheme. You know that even if he didn't fit in KC's scheme, you absolutely would be singing KC's praises for taking him.

This is what annoys me reading your posts. If you just admitted who you are, it would be so much easier to see the intelligence in your evaluations and not just be sitting here in astonishment that you don't hear yourself. You are a good guy for this board, but just acknowledge what is happening here. Although perhaps you could pat yourself on the back a little less when you are right. If you go find 40 random posts of yours, how many aren't predicting best case scenarios or are pointing out that you were right about something. Hell, the post I just quoted has both of those things, per usual.

Shut the **** up.

I don't overrate the Chiefs or any of our players. I use the world "could" instead of "will" when talking about unproven players. I just choose to look at the optimistic side, because there's a lot to be positive about with this regime. If this were the Pioli era, I wouldn't be so optimistic, and I wasn't then.

NJChiefsFan 08-01-2016 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12346223)
Shut the **** up.

I don't overrate the Chiefs or any of our players. I use the world "could" instead of "will" when talking about unproven players. I just choose to look at the optimistic side, because there's a lot to be positive about with this regime. If this were the Pioli era, I wouldn't be so optimistic, and I wasn't then.

Maybe so. I will admit I didn't notice it as much then. I guess some of it is you are just trying to get in on the ground floor so you can claim that you were right about them. A specific example I remember is you saying that one of the reasons the Chiefs struggled to start last year was not having Sean Smith, which I agreed with. Now without him, you still don't feel there is a difference with Gaines coming back, the very man that was there to start the season. As for that point, I like Gaines future, but short-term I think KC will struggle to replace SS. But you can't have it both ways.

Red Dawg 08-01-2016 08:36 PM

Dee Ford is going wreck all that stand in his way! The man will play like he's a demon!