ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Pre-Training Camp Final 53 Man Roster Projection (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300709)

Chiefshrink 07-04-2016 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12300974)
Also, he's going to play Week 1.

How do you know this ?

Chiefshrink 07-04-2016 11:15 AM

Give us your roster RealSNR.

milkman 07-04-2016 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12300846)
If Williams produces like I know he can and Streater graduates his game to the next level, and the explosive Hill at the slot position, the combination of Mac,Will,Streater and Hill with Conley making some serious contributions as well, will be a lot of fun to watch in the WC offense especially with a top ten o-line with a very deadly run game with fresh legs at all times. Yes, fellas ! As Andy said, It's Time !! We are poised for greatness this year !!

Mike Williams is not a fit for Alex Smith, unless Smith suddenly starts "throwing receivers open".

I think it highly unlikely he makes the final 53.

RealSNR 07-04-2016 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12300985)
How do you know this ?

Because he's already ahead of schedule on a procedure that's a lot safer and controlled than repairing a torn ACL.

We just saw a 32-year old LB with a ton of mileage on him recover from a torn achilles in one offseason.

We just saw a dude recover from ****ing cancer and months of chemotherapy in one offseason and play the best football he has in his entire career.

A couple years ago we saw the league's most electric running backs recover from ACL tears in one offseason and light the world on fire.

If you want to hemm and haw and go "BUT WE DON'T KNOOOOOOW IF HOUSTON CAN RECOVER THAT QUICKLY OR IF HE WILL AT ALL" then be my guest. It's the same bullshit as, "I DON'T KNOW IF MARCUS PETERS IS MATURE ENOUGH TO PLAY IN THE NFL."

He'll play Week 1.

milkman 07-04-2016 11:19 AM

I think Knile Davis is cut or traded prior to the start of the season, and if the Chiefs keep 4 backs, Darrin Reeves takes that spot.

Bowser 07-04-2016 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12300997)
I think Knile Davis is cut or traded prior to the start of the season, and if the Chiefs keep 4 backs, Darrin Reeves takes that spot.

I'd be fine with that. Reaves has potential, especially in this offense.

Davis isn't chopped liver, but he'll never get his shot here. Davis would be a great fit with a team like the Panthers.

Chiefshrink 07-04-2016 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12300993)
Mike Williams is not a fit for Alex Smith, unless Smith suddenly starts "throwing receivers open".

I think it highly unlikely he makes the final 53.

Apparently Dorsey/Reid would disagree with you otherwise they wouldn't have taken a chance on him. Which also is somewhat of a tell on Reid's part in opening up his playbook a little more this year as well with a potential better o-line for Smith to actually up his game in throwing receivers open as you say. Just saying.

Chiefshrink 07-04-2016 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12300997)

Agreed.

Chiefshrink 07-04-2016 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12301000)

Davis isn't chopped liver, but he'll never get his shot here. Davis would be a great fit with a team like the Panthers.

Right on !:thumb:

DaneMcCloud 07-04-2016 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12301000)

Reaves was the best back in preseason last year. I was shocked that West and Ware where brought up from the PS before him and I'm excited to see him this year.

Davis has minimal value due to the new kickoff return rule and his ever present fumbling issue.

DaneMcCloud 07-04-2016 11:32 AM

Mike Williams has a massive uphill battle to take a roster spot.

The Chiefs have nothing invested in him (Vet Min contract), he hasn't played since 2014, he missed all 13 offseason practices due to injury and they drafted two receivers in addition to signing Streater.

Chiefshrink 07-04-2016 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12301017)

The Chiefs have nothing invested in him (Vet Min contract), he hasn't played since 2014, he missed all 13 offseason practices due to injury and they drafted two receivers in addition to signing Streater.

and Williams is that good and why D/R took the chance. Just watch.

DaneMcCloud 07-04-2016 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12301021)
and Williams is that good and why D/R took the chance. Just watch.

He's a 28 year mental case with a last chance to earn a payday.

He can't make the club if he's always in the tub.

Bowser 07-04-2016 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12301017)

He's the ultimate risk/reward signing. Nothing invested, but could pay huge dividends. Honestly, I'll be surprised if he makes the squad, but as I pointed out earlier, who he's going up against to make it aren't exactly cast iron all-world producers. If, a big IF, he can bounce back and show that explosiveness he had when he was young, he should be able to find work here.

Eleazar 07-04-2016 11:42 AM

Fisher and Reid are terrible, cut them!