ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs San Fran Trade is Perfect (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=299590)

jspchief 04-29-2016 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 12202711)
Not a fan of it though at least there's plenty of talent on the board. I'm not sold on Paxton Lynch. But it sure felt to me like Denver leaped ahead of kc to get him. Denver is always taking draft risks on qbs while we wait for qbs to come to us. Says a lot about our inability to get a good qb.

Last KC drafted qb to win a game for the Chiefs is Todd Blackledge. How many Denver drafted QBs have won playoff games in that span?

I'm indifferent about Lynch, but it's no wonder fans are desperate for a 1st round qb. It's not like the Chiefs way is some proven recipe for success.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 04-29-2016 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 12202713)
It's interesting that they didn't try to trade up to fill a gap to make a run this year. Maybe Dorsey and Reid realize they don't have the pieces to make a real Super Bowl run if Houston is going to miss most of the season and are going to start adding a bunch of young guys to turn the roster over.

They already have 90% of their cap spent for next year anyway and they have Fisher and Poe contracts coming due. I think the Eagles, Ravens and Cowboys are only teams that are worse with their cap situation.

More so that they feel like they have the core they need and are drafting for depth. We were contenders last year and that was with a flurry of injured impact players in the playoffs.

Why Not? 04-29-2016 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 12202716)
Last KC drafted qb to win a game for the Chiefs is Todd Blackledge. How many Denver drafted QBs have won playoff games in that span?

I'm indifferent about Lynch, but it's no wonder fans are desperate for a 1st round qb. It's not like the Chiefs way is some proven recipe for success.

Elway

Um, Tebow

There's your list. Clearly Denver has had much more success overall as a franchise than the Chiefs have but let's not act said they're some QB development factory

EDIT: oh and I guess you could include Cutler, technically, as a Denver drafted QB to win a playoff game, just not with Denver.

TimeForWasp 04-29-2016 05:59 AM

So we traded our first for a second and our seventh for a 4th. Not a glaring win

DenverChief 04-29-2016 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12202631)
Nothing perfect about it

Tons of talent and we pass on them all for a 4th?

Perfect my ass

Not to mention we failed to act on all those guys ew needed that went right in front of us

Dorsey has a good eye for talent but the GM part of the job is lacking.

All of that talent could be had 9 picks later for a cheaper price. There obviously wasn't anyone in his board that warranted a #28 pick. Gain some perspective man.

DenverChief 04-29-2016 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65TPT (Post 12202732)
So we traded our first for a second and our seventh for a 4th. Not a glaring win

And a 6th...?

Deberg_1990 04-29-2016 06:01 AM

I'll judge this trade in 2-3 years

Why Not? 04-29-2016 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 12202737)
I'll judge this trade in 2-3 years

This

I mean really, who is the guy within the next 9 picks that is worth melting down over if the Chiefs don't get him?

DenverChief 04-29-2016 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 12202738)
This

I mean really, who is the guy within the next 9 picks that is worth melting down over if the Chiefs don't get him?

Thank you!

TimeForWasp 04-29-2016 06:07 AM

I'm not bitching but it's not a glaring improvement.

RealSNR 04-29-2016 06:13 AM

Good job. You called a trade down!

Guess what? EVERYBODY in this fanbase calls for a trade down every ****ing year.

You're still Blackbob. You still suck babysitter cock.

SAUTO 04-29-2016 06:15 AM

I think you could have bashed lynch if he hadn't had someone trade up for him. But at this point doing so is just a typical black bob

booger 04-29-2016 06:24 AM

Tigerfistsbobsbutt

Sandy Vagina 04-29-2016 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 12202738)
This

Perfect question to ask.

I wanted Mack Alexander at 28, but there's no point in pouting like a lil bitch about this. Hell, they can still get him, or another good CB option today.

****ing people here are hilariously disgruntled vaginas.. it's embarrassing. :shake:

Mr. Laz 04-29-2016 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 12202733)
All of that talent could be had 9 picks later for a cheaper price. There obviously wasn't anyone in his board that warranted a #28 pick. Gain some perspective man.

Everyone knew that the run on WRs and CBs was coming right in front of us.

Dorsey did nothing

I believe that WJIII is an elite, pro bowl CB and that is a position of real need for us. Go look at our depth chart at CB and see that pile of shit we have after Marcus Peters.

Dorsey just sat there and did nothing.

Dorsey and Reid screwed up by tampering(i don't believe for a second that Reid call Maclin without Dorsey knowing about it.

Then Dorsey compounds the problem by ignoring starting talent to recoup the 3rd round pick. Then Dorsey failed to even get a 3rd and had to settle for a 4th.

That player we pick with that 4th round pick better shit gold and be a starter in the NFL for 10 years or it's gawd dam waste.

After all that incompetency, there were still some quality starters sitting there when we supposed to pick at 28 and we passed on them for a ****ing 4th round pick.

Hell, a 4th round pick might not even make the team.

So pissed at Dorsey right now, he better have the best 2nd round in the history of history. :banghead: