ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Skip Bayless leaving ESPN for NBC... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=299528)

RealSNR 04-26-2016 03:34 PM

Oh, and regarding Skip Bayless...

http://41.media.tumblr.com/7860aa18a...h9go1_1280.jpg

DaneMcCloud 04-26-2016 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 12196214)
It does seem like the NFL Network follows the same model as ESPN - beating topics to death and talking-head blowhards arguing.

I think that's because they have limited content because it's the NFL only

That said, I expect that to expand somewhat, at least with talent and new segments, once they move into Stan's $2.4 billion dollar palace.

DaneMcCloud 04-26-2016 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12196209)
I have no clue who ESPN's going to use for Monday Night now. They might have to start over with somebody completely new

Yeah, it's possible, although I watch those games with the sound off, as I do most NFL games.

DaneMcCloud 04-26-2016 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 12196216)
IMO, there has been no one better than Verne Lundquist calling a college football game, or any other sporting event. He's unassuming, humble and gets out of the way of the game.

Verne is certainly a great broadcast but he and Nessler are 1a and 1b, IMO.

Nessler's that good, IMO.

rico 04-26-2016 04:09 PM

I've always wondered if Skip Bayless literally believes some of the stuff that has come out of his mouth and/or he has written, or if it is just a "shtick" that he pulls off. Or both...if he just kind of embellishes his actual thoughts to create a shtick. Whatever the case, I've caught some laughs from watching he and Stephen A. bicker with each other about things like...Tebow. It's been funny, IMO...and funnier yet, is the reaction(s) they get from people who watch them. I've seen a ton of people get their panties in a wad while watching Bayless be Bayless...and it's been funny as hell.

Jerm 04-26-2016 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12196249)
Verne is certainly a great broadcast but he and Nessler are 1a and 1b, IMO.

Nessler's that good, IMO.

I've always been a huge Ian Eagle fan...would love to see him get a big time gig ala MNF or the CBS SEC games....

RobBlake 04-26-2016 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 12196279)
I've always wondered if Skip Bayless literally believes some of the stuff that has come out of his mouth and/or he has written, or if it is just a "shtick" that he pulls off. Or both...if he just kind of embellishes his actual thoughts to create a shtick. Whatever the case, I've caught some laughs from watching he and Stephen A. bicker with each other about things like...Tebow. It's been funny, IMO...and funnier yet, is the reaction(s) they get from people who watch them. I've seen a ton of people get their panties in a wad while watching Bayless be Bayless...and it's been funny as hell.

It's an act lol the man has been a sports journalist since like the 70s.. He knows what he's doing

DaneMcCloud 04-26-2016 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 12196280)
I've always been a huge Ian Eagle fan...would love to see him get a big time gig ala MNF or the CBS SEC games....

I really enjoyed Gus Johnson when he was on CBS but since he's moved to Fox, he's been invisible.

Deberg_1990 04-26-2016 04:22 PM

ESPN will be fine.

They keep hiring big boobs and hot bodies. They know What's up.

Deberg_1990 04-26-2016 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 12196279)

It's schtick.

Unfortunately being controversial and acting a buffoon makes you money. He knows what he's doing

srvy 04-26-2016 05:27 PM

Yet boomer and tom Jackson live.
I wouldn't shed a tear if ESPN bit it and just went away.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Simply Red 04-26-2016 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12196209)
I have no clue who ESPN's going to use for Monday Night now. They might have to start over with somebody completely new

I think Clutch Gene would do well.

Toby Waller 04-26-2016 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12196210)
Your vast experience in sports broadcasting is evident

:facepalm:

You obviously don't know what I meant in the first place.
There's like only a few media companies/sources as opposed to like 50 forty years ago. Everyone's under the same umbrella.
He didn't leave because of some negative problem. The wealthy just move pieces around.
People keep saying he sucks but no network is throwing him to the street. So he must be doing what he is told pretty well.

Go smoke more of that weed that makes you so smart

Buehler445 04-26-2016 05:56 PM

Skip Bayless' schtick was sooooooooooo ****ing annoying. I had a lot of respect for Stephen A until he went to first take. Now he is just a more articulate Bayless. Hopefully that model goes and gets fisted.

Trico is good. I enjoy his commentary when he is a guest on radio a lot. Like an awful lot.

Pretty much all ESPN has for talent I Care what they have to say is Russillo. I like SVP most of the time, but I rarely catch him and there is only so much you can do with the sports center model.

LeBatard has some decent take if he's not too busy being reeruned in an effort to "not take himself too seriously."

ESPN sucks.

Three7s 04-26-2016 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12196288)
I really enjoyed Gus Johnson when he was on CBS but since he's moved to Fox, he's been invisible.

Gus Johnson is one of my favorite announcers, but FOX has totally misused him.