ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Candylicious: Round 1, Heats 21 through 24 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=299489)

Pasta Little Brioni 04-23-2016 08:06 AM

What turrible options this round!

GloucesterChief 04-23-2016 08:10 AM

Voted:

Giant Chewy Sweet Tarts: Runts are candy coated chalk.
York Peppermint Patty: I like both but the patty seems to hold up to heat better than the junior mints. Did anybody nominate Andes mints?
Werther's Original: I like maple and I like chocolate. I can't imagine maple and chocolate together being good.
Warheads: I like sour and tart candies.

Fire Me Boy! 04-23-2016 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 12192193)
Voted:

Giant Chewy Sweet Tarts: Runts are candy coated chalk.
York Peppermint Patty: I like both but the patty seems to hold up to heat better than the junior mints. Did anybody nominate Andes mints?
Werther's Original: I like maple and I like chocolate. I can't imagine maple and chocolate together being good.
Warheads: I like sour and tart candies.

I do, too, but Warheads are beyond the pale.

GloucesterChief 04-23-2016 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 12192212)
I do, too, but Warheads are beyond the pale.

They at least taste like something. Pixie stix are just colored sugar.

lewdog 04-24-2016 12:52 PM

Giant Chewy Sweetarts losing?!?!

Clearly most of you have never had them. They'd beat the shit out of gross ass runts any day of the week, on a real message board not centered around sheltered midwest assholes.

Fire Me Boy! 04-24-2016 12:54 PM

LMAO at the ad on Tapatalk.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...3d1a040ee1.jpg

Molitoth 04-24-2016 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12193240)

Clearly most of you have never had them. They'd beat the shit out of gross ass runts any day of the week, on a real message board not centered around sheltered midwest assholes.

I thought the same! Giant Chewy Sweettarts are prolly one of my top fav candies.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-24-2016 06:41 PM

I refused to vote for either mint. Blech.

luv 04-25-2016 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12193240)

I really like Runts, but GCS wins hands down. For one, I love them. Secondly, we used to sell them when I worked at the skating rink (years and years and years ago). Even if I didn't like them better, I'd vote for them for the sake of nostalgia.

KCUnited 04-25-2016 08:12 AM

The lemon Giant Chewy Sweettart might be the best single piece of candy in existence.

KCUnited 04-25-2016 08:17 AM

They should be knocked for changing the green from lime to apple though, a sincere **** you to Wonka for that.

Fire Me Boy! 04-25-2016 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 12194075)
They should be knocked for changing the green from lime to apple though, a sincere **** you to Wonka for that.

Seems like lime is going out of favor. GCS, Skittles, Runts...

KCUnited 04-25-2016 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 12194076)
Seems like lime is going out of favor. GCS, Skittles, Runts...

I'll admit that as a kid I was the least excited about lime flavored candies with the exception of Runts. The Runts lime was the softest of the bunch and really crushable. As I got older, lime/lemon flavors started becoming my favorites. Same with orange. The tragedy for me is apple. Really, apple as a sub for lime? Even sour apple doesn't really excite me unless we're talking Jolly Ranchers or Blow Pops. Apple Super Bubble is pretty great too though, I guess.

Rain Man 04-26-2016 09:51 PM

Whoa, a tie! A wonderful, glorious, fresh-breathed tie!

Runts, York Peppermint Patty, Junior Mints, Werther's Original, and Pixy Stix move on.

I'm surprised about the Runts thing since Giant Chewy Sweetarts are way better, but that's life. I love the two minty candies, so I'm glad they found peaceful coexistence.